I am glad that one denomination does not rule the roost.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad that one denomination does not rule the roost. Give one denomination dominance and bad motivations follow. Such as the spirit of Jezebel (control, persecution, domination), hatred, strife, ego, and every evil work. Which caused the Europeans at one time to declare, "In the name of God begins all mischief," which was said to be an old German proverb.

If your denomination is a persecuted minority there wonderful spirits will follow.

Reactions: Nancy

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being in the persecuted minority also brings forth much beauty. You can sense a miss of this type spirituality after the Roman empire turned to Christianity.

"Therefore I say, He ordained that we should undergo death for the faith, which each man should do for the communion of the Church. For Christianity makes progress by the deaths of its followers. For if death were feared by the faithful, no man would be found to live with perfect faith. For the Lord Christ says, 'Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.'" (John 12:24) –Petilian’s discussions with St. Augustine.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in the 1920's my church, The Merrimac Pentecostal Holiness church, was a persecuted church. They would throw rocks, break windows, and do everything to quiet us down. The persecution only saw the church to grow as people would go there to see what was going on and by 1938 it seemed like everyone seemed to be going there. Revivals would go for weeks and my grandfather would stay working the busy altars into the AM hours, and granny would say he would have no problem arising for work very early in the morning. Now there is no persecution our attendance is way down.
308807_ffd59c35bf791642e860b87c5d30c4b5.jpg

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am glad that one denomination does not rule the roost. Give one denomination dominance and bad motivations follow. Such as the spirit of Jezebel (control, persecution, domination), hatred, strife, ego, and every evil work. Which caused the Europeans at one time to declare, "In the name of God begins all mischief," which was said to be an old German proverb.

If your denomination is a persecuted minority there wonderful spirits will follow.
That is why we need to make sure the USA never becomes a Democracy.