I am the Way, the Truth and the Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Hi...I am new here and am just feeling my way around. The most important teaching of Jesus Christ, to me, is the above title to my first entry. This statement is so specific that it must mean...every detail of my (Jesus') life is important to us. I think that we should all analyse, in great detail, the teaching of Jesus and adopt, within our own lives, the accuracy that this Bible statement requests, because, contained within it is the profound knowledge that Jesus says will save us.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ's love is the way, truth, and life. We need to practice loving perfectly by relying on the Spirit and serving our neighbors

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Christ's love is the way, truth, and life. We need to practice loving perfectly by relying on the Spirit and serving our neighbors

Hi aspen...pleased to meet you...The points you make are of course accurate but what I am suggesting is that there is a deeper truth contained within his teaching, which, if followed, will reinforce our own spiritual nature. Jesus Christ's spirit was indestructable and we need a bit of that, if we are to survive the 'great tribulation'.

Perhaps this is why we must follow him more accurately and thereby take upon ourselves the righteous, spiritual strength he offers.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi aspen...pleased to meet you...The points you make are of course accurate but what I am suggesting is that there is a deeper truth contained within his teaching, which, if followed, will reinforce our own spiritual nature. Jesus Christ's spirit was indestructable and we need a bit of that, if we are to survive the 'great tribulation'.

Perhaps this is why we must follow him more accurately and thereby take upon ourselves the righteous, spiritual strength he offers.

Nice to meet you, as well.

I am suggesting that love is what we were created to do. There is nothing deeper or stronger than love. It is more than adequate to get us through any tribulation.

Blessings!

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
Nice to meet you, as well.

I am suggesting that love is what we were created to do. There is nothing deeper or stronger than love. It is more than adequate to get us through any tribulation.

Blessings!

Love is the bi-word of Jesus Christ's entire existence. That is why he died for us...but there was also a lot in between. A righteous spirit is what we must target because that is showing Jesus we have taken on board what he is teaching us. A small price to pay in return for his great suffering.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love is the bi-word of Jesus Christ's entire existence. That is why he died for us...but there was also a lot in between. A righteous spirit is what we must target because that is showing Jesus we have taken on board what he is teaching us. A small price to pay in return for his great suffering.

The key and foundation of a righteous spirit is love. Loving perfectly banishes all sin. In fact, if we strive for a righteous spirit without a foundation of love, it will turn inward and become self righteous/

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
The key and foundation of a righteous spirit is love. Loving perfectly banishes all sin. In fact, if we strive for a righteous spirit without a foundation of love, it will turn inward and become self righteous/

No dispute there then...but I also insist that Jesus was teaching us a way, a truth and a life, which cannot be bi-passed.

We have got to mimic his righteousness, sincerely, to be saved.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No dispute there then...but I also insist that Jesus was teaching us a way, a truth and a life, which cannot be bi-pass.

We have got to mimic his righteousness, sincerely, to be saved.

I agree - but all morality and righteousness are fruit of love. We are called to practice our sanctification - it is our homework in the school of love! Practicing by loving God and others. Focusing on loving produces all the rest

Exciting stuff!

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
I agree - but all morality and righteousness are fruit of love. We are called to practice our sanctification - it is our homework in the school of love! Practicing by loving God and others. Focusing on loving produces all the rest

Exciting stuff!

I also believe that love is paramount. It is also a tool of correction. You don't love someone if you just let them get on with incorrect behaviour and Jesus plainly tells us this. Righteousness is a loving code of behaviour which is intended to sharpen our spiritual awareness. This isn't an unreal, hit and miss thing...this is a strengthening and reinforcement of what is precious within us, which responds and behaves according to the teaching of Jesus. We can deduce then, that it is the force that resurrected Jesus and therefore, it is the force that will keep us safe through the 'great tribulation'. It is the force owned by Almighty God.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also believe that love is paramount. It is also a tool of correction. You don't love someone if you just let them get on with incorrect behaviour and Jesus plainly tells us this. Righteousness is a loving code of behaviour which is intended to sharpen our spiritual awareness. This isn't an unreal, hit and miss thing...this is a strengthening and reinforcement of what is precious within us, which responds and behaves according to the teaching of Jesus. We can deduce then, that it is the force that resurrected Jesus and therefore, it is the force that will keep us safe through the 'great tribulation'. It is the force owned by Almighty God.

I would argue the opposite. You do not withhold love from a person who is living in sin. Love is not a gushing feeling or enabling behavior - it is serving another person, which means looking after their best interests. All people's best interest is to know God and engage in a saving relationship with Him.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
I would argue the opposite. You do not withhold love from a person who is living in sin. Love is not a gushing feeling or enabling behavior - it is serving another person, which means looking after their best interests. All people's best interest is to know God and engage in a saving relationship with Him.

Hi aspen...My Christian experiences, tell me, that love is a compound of affection and discipline...Of righteous instruction and righteous correction. There is a principle at one end of the social spectrum that says, that those who show only affection are without inner grit. A righteous property Jesus intended us to carry. A grit that gives us the endurence to follow Jesus' path accurately and to see danger when it comes disguised as a friend. If we don't combine discipline in with our love then the spiritual correction that Jesus guides us towards, may be lost.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi aspen...My Christian experiences, tell me, that love is a compound of affection and discipline...Of righteous instruction and righteous correction. There is a principle at one end of the social spectrum that says, that those who show only affection are without inner grit. A righteous property Jesus intended us to carry. A grit that gives us the endurence to follow Jesus' path accurately and to see danger when it comes disguised as a friend. If we don't combine discipline in with our love then the spiritual correction that Jesus guides us towards, may be lost.

No offense, but your definition of love is way too narrow. Love is the intention / choice / action working in sync to serve God and others in their best interests rather than your own. It can result in good feelings, but it is more like a lifestyle than a feeling.

NicholasMarks

Aug 23, 2011
No offense, but your definition of love is way too narrow. Love is the intention / choice / action working in sync to serve God and others in their best interests rather than your own. It can result in good feelings, but it is more like a lifestyle than a feeling.

You are perhaps right. Love is an emotion that is induced by righteousness. The righteous spirit cannot help but be led by it and trying to follow Jesus Christ, accurately, brings that spiritual emotion alive within us all. I am still working on my righteous adherence to Jesus' accurate word and am simply conveying what is building up in my spirit. We shouldn't be alarmed at discipline and correction because within the umbrella of Jesus Christ's love...it is a warm and comforting process.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are perhaps right. Love is an emotion that is induced by righteousness. The righteous spirit cannot help but be led by it and trying to follow Jesus Christ, accurately, brings that spiritual emotion alive within us all. I am still working on my righteous adherence to Jesus' accurate word and am simply conveying what is building up in my spirit. We shouldn't be alarmed at discipline and correction because within the umbrella of Jesus Christ's love...it is a warm and comforting process.

I really agree with you! I have enjoyed reading your thoughts on this topic and I appreciate your willingness to have a good conversation. Discipline is a necessary part of sanctification.....it may not feel good all the time,but it is always in the best interest of our redemption