I believe that gay people have as much of a "choice" to be gay as you do to not sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul was not a slave to sin.
Hold the bus... - LOL

Romans 7:14; 25 NIV
14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. ...
25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law,
but in my sinful nature[a] a slave to the law of sin.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
but in my sinful nature[a] a slave to the law of sin.

But Paul didn't exist in the "sinful nature".. like you do, which explains why you can relate to the wrong verses. St. Steven.

Listen....
He's describing the distinction between walking in the Spirit, as "Christ always gives me the Victory"

VS

"that which i would do i can't, and that which i hate i do."""

So, this is Paul teaching why trying to keep the law for righteousness fails you into the "sinning confessing" failed Discipleship.

whereas..

When you "walk in the Spirit you shall not fulfill the Lusts of the flesh"""" Paul Teaches...= REAL Christianity that is to exist here.

"I can do all things Through CHRIST"...

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anything to defend a sin .
What was I thinking?!?!? Presenting FACTS? here??? ...shame on me.
This is the problem in society .
Facts?

There is no gay gene my friend .
No one ever claimed there was. It would be laughable to think that complex behavior involving attraction, romance, pair bonding, and dozens of other behaviors would be the result of one gene. This would be the result of MANY genes. the study you were responding to has found 5 such genes and there may be up to a hundred more.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is how they do decieve . Notice tin man cannot say the scriptures nor the letters of the apostels
spoke against that sin .
SO what did men do . THEY came in and started using a root word in greek to coax us all into believing a lie .
Just like the devil too .
HAS the bible really said , DID GOD really say that man cannot lie with man
NAY nay says the serpent and his men , THE GREEK WORD
really means , and their defintion then allows the sin to be accepted . it allows FOR DISOBEDANCE unto GOD .
actually those trying to say androkoitis means homosexual are the one using the Greek root words to coax people onto believing them

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mean heres an example just as sick as the example that tin man brings .
YE shall not lie with a beast .
Okay , well then whose to stop one from saying , LOOK at the greek root
then they try and make it seem like
GOD only meant this during temple worship .
GOTCHA TIN MAN . Yall been sold a rotted bill of goods .
We can do this all day . ANYONE can come along who has an agenda
and claim a greek word , then use said word to justify a lie .
And the agenda was , TO BRING HOMOSEXUALITY INTO the CHURCH , MAKE IT ACCEPTED . SO they did
they went to work with wise sounding men who used bad greek , but claimed it as right ,
ANYONE can do this .
I hope you are aware that the verse you are referring to Lev 18:23 wasn't written in Ancient Greek.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not publicized? That false claim has been going around for decades.

And it doesn't hold up under scrutiny. Study after study shows that until about the age of 12 to 14 gays and lesbians are no more and no less likely to have been sexually abused than their heterosexual counterparts. After the age of 14 the likely hood of a lesbians being sexually assaulted by a family member increases by a factor of 80. The data suggests that it is only teen lesbians are come out of the closet or are outed have this dramatic increase in sexual abuse.
And this is a good thing?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you don't believe in overcoming, and the power of God in helping overcome sin?
This generation is the climax of what began even in the days of the apostles .
To them its not about overcoming sin with the power of GOD
rather its about accepting sin and being slaves to it with the mindset all have salvation .
I just summed it up real simple like .
Everything now is about pushing us into the global acceptance of what THEY VIEW as right and wrong .
And if we take notice it sure seems to be wrong to follow the pattern GOD , HIS CHRIST and the true ones left us in said bible .
Rather they are leading us into a liquified mindset that is so confused its only hope , its only solution
is NOT in what GOD has said , but rather in what men say and say GOD says .
This generation will do anything to FEEL saved without having to serve the biblical GOD and His Christ .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what is the Philo beto junk?
You and your elites version of this philos junk .
Before i came to CHRIST i remembered a movie i watched with Clint eastwood and this philo beto .
So , yeah i used it . ALL you and those wise men do is
create junk in order to create confusion to honor a certain sin . PEROID

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and your elites version of this philos junk .
Before i came to CHRIST i remembered a movie i watched with Clint eastwood and this philo beto .
So , yeah i used it . ALL you and those wise men do is
create junk in order to create confusion to honor a certain sin . PEROID
???

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the problem in society . There is no gay gene my friend .
There is only sin . The thing is since flesh is subject unto sin , men do sin .
But there is a way out my friend . HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST .
All have sinned , but for the church to buy into a lie which would serve a sin , IS BLASPHEMOUS .
Thus we must point all to Christ with a simple message , REPENT and BELIEVE ON HIM
and then we are to teach and remind the church to die daily and fight against the flesh
by heeding the SPIRIT . THERE is no such thing as a mulsimchristain , a gaychristain
a lyingchristain , an etc . THERE IS only CHRIST and HIM CRUCIFIED . And if one does err
we go about correcting it as JESUS and later the apostels taught .
What we DONT DO is allow folks to believe THEY CAN EMBRACE SIN AND JESUS TOO . THAT is A LIE
and you will have to answer for it on JESUS day , LEST you repent of this nasty support of sin .

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one ever claimed there was. It would be laughable to think that complex behavior involving attraction, romance, pair bonding, and dozens of other behaviors would be the result of one gene. This would be the result of MANY genes. the study you were responding to has found 5 such genes and there may be up to a hundred more.

Reactions: Jim B

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where would you get the idea that sexual abuse is a good thing?
From your post. You appear to be defending it or saying it’s not as bad as we think it’s only happening to 14 year old girls

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus wasn't speaking about the law(s) themselves, but rather the BOOKS of the Law and the BOOKS of the Prophets.
He hadn't come to abolish them. See scriptures below about the terms Law and Prophets. (and Psalms)

• Matthew 7:12
    So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

• Matthew 11:13
    For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John.

• Matthew 22:40
    All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

• Luke 16:16
    The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

• Luke 24:44
    He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

• John 1:45
    Philip found Nathanael and told him, “We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote—Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.”

• Acts 13:15
    After the reading from the Law and the Prophets, the leaders of the synagogue sent word to them, saying, “Brothers, if you have a word of exhortation for the people, please speak.”
You need to progress beyond the gospels and Acts. When Jesus was sacrificed, the penalty of the OT law was paid in full. The law does not apply to Christians, who are in Christ. All Christians have accepted Jesus' sacrifice on their behalf; the price has been paid in full for all sin.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only sin . The thing is since flesh is subject unto sin , men do sin .
But there is a way out my friend . HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST .
All have sinned , but for the church to buy into a lie which would serve a sin , IS BLASPHEMOUS .
Thus we must point all to Christ with a simple message , REPENT and BELIEVE ON HIM
and then we are to teach and remind the church to die daily and fight against the flesh
by heeding the SPIRIT . THERE is no such thing as a mulsimchristain , a gaychristain
a lyingchristain , an etc . THERE IS only CHRIST and HIM CRUCIFIED . And if one does err
we go about correcting it as JESUS and later the apostels taught .
What we DONT DO is allow folks to believe THEY CAN EMBRACE SIN AND JESUS TOO . THAT is A LIE
and you will have to answer for it on JESUS day , LEST you repent of this nasty support of sin .
The church -- the body of Christ -- does not buy into a lie. Who are you to judge the body of Christ (which is judging Christ Himself!!!) And to remind the church to die daily and fight against the flesh is nonsense. The church is the body of Christ, and He does not have to fight against the flesh.

We agree on one thing though: there is no such thing as a "mulsim-christian". However, one can be a gay Christian. And unfortunately, some Christians do occasionally lie. (There is no such thing as a "christain".) And as you said, if one does err, we go about correcting it as Jesus and later the apostles taught . (It's nice that for once you're making some sense!)

Then you go back to your usual damning of others! You will have to pay for judging those whom Christ has accepted!!! You are forewarned!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.