I believe that gay people have as much of a "choice" to be gay as you do to not sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. - Galatians 5:16-17

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. - Galatians 5:16-17
I'm sure that most of us own at least one Bible. Why are you quoting one verse out of context?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sure that most of us own at least one Bible. Why are you quoting one verse out of context?
And... They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. - Galatians 5:24-25

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And... They that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. - Galatians 5:24-25
Unchecked Copy Box
2Ti 2:23 - Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.
Unchecked Copy Box
2Ti 2:24 - And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
Unchecked Copy Box
2Ti 2:25 - Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Congratulations! Now you've made it to two verses out of context!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember Lot's wife. - Luke 17:32

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither. It is the crazy person who writes a post such as this one.
Y'know, brother, you might have a point there. The longer I hang out on any social media platform (like this one), the looser my grip on reality becomes.

I have to keep reminding myself, I can't fix broken people. I can't even fix myself.

Which, ironically, is highly relevant to the title of this thread.

Reactions: Nancy

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what did Jesus say about homosexuality?
Here is what Jesus said about marriage/intimacy between two people. Its called marriage, And the Divine institution of marriage is between and for a MAN/MALE and a WOMAN/FEMALE. Not for a man and a man or a woman and a woman.

Matthew 19 below Jesus affirms marriage in Genesis is only for a man and a woman.

Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.

You are kicking against the pricks.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: RLT63

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what Jesus said about marriage/intimacy between two people. Its called marriage, And the Divine institution of marriage is between and for a MAN/MALE and a WOMAN/FEMALE. Not for a man and a man or a woman and a woman.

Matthew 19 below Jesus affirms marriage in Genesis is only for a man and a woman.

Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.

You are kicking against the pricks.

hope this helps !!!
And he also said it was the ONLY way...wait...no I guess he didn't say that.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he also said it was the ONLY way...wait...no I guess he didn't say that.
Common sense tells you it’s impossible to multiply and fill the earth without being male and female .

hope this helps !!!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If a farmer is acquiring a young heifer, he prefers the young heifer to be in calf so that he knows that there is a very good chance that the purchase of the young heifer will provide an ongoing return for his outlay for the heifer.

For a man getting a young heifer, perhaps the logic is the same. Sadly, many young men, are too choosey to be able to accept the choices that they have made, nor are they able to accept the responsibilities that come with bedding a young heifer. Often, they are not prepared to the restitution costs, the Law advocates, associated with their rejection of the young heifer.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would they know they're infertile before they get married? They're not supposed to be having sex until they're married.
My Friend holly went for a check up weeks before her marriage and it was found she has uterine and ovarian cancer. She immediately underwent a complete hysterectomy rendering her infertile. She still got married though.

Post menopausal women are infertile but no one has a problem with them getting married.

Fertility is not a requirement for marriage and everyone knows this. If it was then that requirement would apply to everyone and not just a minority where people are trying to justify discrimination.

• Love
Reactions: Jim B

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the fact is that we are ALL slaves to sin.

John 8: 34-36
Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slaveb to sin. 35The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed".

The fact is that we live in an evil world and are afflicted with the condition known as "sin" and we are INCAPABLE of not sinning.

1 John 5:19 esv
We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

Romans 7:18 esv
For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.

My belief is that demonic and Satanic oppression is what pushes or compels us to engage in sin and, for some, that means engaging in homosexual behavior, for others it might mean getting drunk every night. It's all sin!

Ephesians 6:12 esv
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

We are responsible for our sins, but only to a point because ultimately, we cannot help but sin. We must try to resist sin, of course, but God has forgiven us for our sin as evidenced by the sacrifice of Jesus for ALL of mankind.

So, when people tell you that gay people have a "choice" to NOT be gay, that's not exactly true. Again, they have as much "choice" to not be gay as the critic does to not engage in sin.
True. Everyone has a freewill and can sin at anytime. But the homosexual is not a child of God. And if the child of God sin,he hurts inside.feels sorrow and cries out to God. The homosexual is pleased with his sin and continues in it.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Temptation and giving into sin are not the same. I am persuaded to believe that many Christians give into temptation because they are taught that a mere thought is sin, so "I might as well do it since the thought came to my mind". This is wrong theology. When satan plants thoughts of sin in our minds, we are to resist him. It may well be a lengthy wrestle in the mind of temptation, but we can use the blood of Jesus and the power of the Word to chase satan away in our time of temptation. Remember, when Jesus was tempted of satan after fasting 40 days, He used what was written against satan. The Word of God is the sword of the spirit.

So, as to the subject of this thread, we as children of God are called to a life of holiness and righteousness by growing into the Stature of Jesus Christ. Romans 13:14 lets us know how to fight this battle of temptation with the flesh. Homosexuality, along with adultry and sex outside-of-marriage, are works of the flesh; and by engaging in them, you are excluded from God's Kingdom.

Romans 13
14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

1 Corinthians 6
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators [sex outside-of-marriage], nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Reactions: Augustin56

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The times in which we live are very poignant. I have a book, Slaying Dragons, by Charles D. Fraune, who interviewed several exorcist priests about their experiences, etc. In the book, it quotes Fr. Chad Ripperger who said that Satan has, in our day, five demon "generals" who are assigned to undermine and destroy our society and our faith. The first is Ba'al, who is assigned the destruction of our morality, especially through the Commandment, Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery. The second is Asmodeus, who is assigned to male homosexuality. The next two, Lilith and Leviathan, are assigned to female homosexuality (Lility is the feminine-acting component and Leviathan is the male-acting). The last is Balformet, who is assigned child sacrifice. Think abortion here. These five generals have been wildly successful and are destroying the faith of many people, especially the youth, who are abandoning God in historic numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.