I developed another health problem

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Pearl. I was thinking the same thing. Can you get trouble breathing with migraines? I just kept noticing I was low on oxygen and kept breathing deeply every so often, like I was short of breath. My neurologist is trying to pass me off and said it wasn't neurological, but then I looked online and found that it can be. I'm not happy with the doctors at the moment.
I don't think I had trouble with my breathing but but I used to get visual disturbance/impairment and numbness in my hand. Migraine can be complicated though and cause many more symptoms. My grandaughter has cyclic vomiting syndrome which is linked to migraine and a couple of years ago when I was in hospital with a suspected stroke the diagnosis after an MRI scan turned out to be 'complicated migraine'.

I will continue to pray for you.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I had trouble with my breathing but but I used to get visual disturbance/impairment and numbness in my hand. Migraine can be complicated though and cause many more symptoms. My grandaughter has cyclic vomiting syndrome which is linked to migraine and a couple of years ago when I was in hospital with a suspected stroke the diagnosis after an MRI scan turned out to be 'complicated migraine'.

I will continue to pray for you.
I actually threw up the other day, just once though. You're daughter has it rough it sounds.

I looked up and rarely migraines can cause trouble breathing so my neurologist is not telling me the facts apparently.

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I actually threw up the other day, just once though. You're daughter has it rough it sounds.

I looked up and rarely migraines can cause trouble breathing so my neurologist is not telling me the facts apparently.
I always used to throw up, even on one occasion losing my partial denture down the loo. I'd had medicine off my doctor but they weren't much use. The first time my husband saw me like that he went out and bought me a packet of pink Migraleve tablets over the counter and they have been the only thing that helps. You take two pink ones at the first sign and if it doesn't go away two yellow ones after four hours. The pink can only be taken once in 24 hours. Can you get them in the US?

1677160315420.png

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always used to throw up, even on one occasion losing my partial denture down the loo. I'd had medicine off my doctor but they weren't much use. The first time my husband saw me like that he went out and bought me a packet of pink Migraleve tablets over the counter and they have been the only thing that helps. You take two pink ones at the first sign and if it doesn't go away two yellow ones after four hours. The pink can only be taken once in 24 hours. Can you get them in the US?

View attachment 29693
No, they are sold in Canada as 222's. I took some Ibuprofen and it helped to relieve the nausea so that is working so far. I wish the USA would allow that medication here but they are really picky on pain meds.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Felt like I was having trouble breathing again today. It's just slight and feels like I'm not getting enough oxygen or something. It wasn't bad enough to see the doctor so I'll just deal with it for now. But it's not congestion, I checked for that this morning and took a breathing treatment for my cystic fibrosis. It all checked out.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having another breathing problem. I wish I knew what it was so I could deal with it. I have natural gas and thought maybe it's not venting the emission properly, but I've never had problems with it before so I dunno.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm developing heart disease which isn't showing up on EKG's. After the snow I think I'll check my referral to the heart doctor and follow up with him.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wish you health. With the help of prayers and faith you will surely recover
Thank you, God is great and he is power. That I'm sure of. Thank you for your prayers!

I'm OK now with God whether or not he heals me.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying you feel better soon.

If you are under a lot of stress, that can also give some symptoms like you previously described.

If your blood work is ok, and your heart, try taking things a little easier if possible. See if that helps. God bless you.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying you feel better soon.

If you are under a lot of stress, that can also give some symptoms like you previously described.

If your blood work is ok, and your heart, try taking things a little easier if possible. See if that helps. God bless you.
Thank you. I've been recording the frequency of incidents and it's about the same timing as my dizzy hallucinating spells. So I'm wondering if it is related to that. I get similar symptoms to seizures, but they aren't seizures. And I read that seizures can cause breathing problems too.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to ask for prayers that the doctors that I see will be able to find an answer to what is causing my recent problems. I suffered a back injury like a bulging disc or something. Shortly afterwards I had some chest pain and severe dizziness or light headed with shortness of breath. So I went into the walk in clinic. They checked my heart and everything checked out OK. Then 3 days later I suffered a headache with dizziness and shortness of breath again. I have a message into my neurologist as I think it may be some form of head problem.

Thanks,

Devin
It would sound similar to whatever my mother and sister had except you don’t mention any muscle weakness or periods of confusion. Of course, if you live alone, no one would be there to note that you seemed confused for short periods of time…

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would sound similar to whatever my mother and sister had except you don’t mention any muscle weakness or periods of confusion. Of course, if you live alone, no one would be there to note that you seemed confused for short periods of time…
What did they have? Yes there was super dizziness.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did they have? Yes there was super dizziness.
I don’t know what we all had. I posted about it in one of my threads.
First mom got sick. But she didn’t throw up or seem sick as I know sick. It didn’t seem like any normal bug or flu. It presented as something with neurological aspects.
First, she was very confused AND could not get her muscles to work in arms and legs. I kept trying to get her up but she was dead weight and not able to use a single bit of muscle to help. I was pretty certain she might have had a TIA.
Over the course of two days, I called paramedics twice because I couldn’t get her up. But both times, by the time they arrived, she was able to use her muscles a little bit, anll vitals were fine, her confusion was totally gone and she knew where she was, just a little shaky. No one but me ever saw her confused fugue states. Even my sister never got here in time to see one. She regained her muscles after about 48 hours, (mostly), ate very little and slept about two weeks.

Maybe a week after mom got sick, I got a call from my niece. Her mom (my sis) had come home and was confused and not making sense. Some family she recognized, and others she didn’t know who they were. Like literally was like, I don’t know you, who are you? And she had such weakness in her legs they had to carry her up two steps to a chair. Was dizzy too. So they called an ambulance. But by the time they arrived, she knew who everyone was and could walk again.

Before that, I had finally chalked my mom up to some sort of flu thing but just more severe than I’d ever seen since she’s almost 80. But my sister is not 80 and it hit her weird too.

I got sick but didn’t hit me hard. Just a little dizziness and fatigue.
weird, huh?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know what we all had. I posted about it in one of my threads.
First mom got sick. But she didn’t throw up or seem sick as I know sick. It didn’t seem like any normal bug or flu. It presented as something with neurological aspects.
First, she was very confused AND could not get her muscles to work in arms and legs. I kept trying to get her up but she was dead weight and not able to use a single bit of muscle to help. I was pretty certain she might have had a TIA.
Over the course of two days, I called paramedics twice because I couldn’t get her up. But both times, by the time they arrived, she was able to use her muscles a little bit, anll vitals were fine, her confusion was totally gone and she knew where she was, just a little shaky. No one but me ever saw her confused fugue states. Even my sister never got here in time to see one. She regained her muscles after about 48 hours, (mostly), ate very little and slept about two weeks.

Maybe a week after mom got sick, I got a call from my niece. Her mom (my sis) had come home and was confused and not making sense. Some family she recognized, and others she didn’t know who they were. Like literally was like, I don’t know you, who are you? And she had such weakness in her legs they had to carry her up two steps to a chair. Was dizzy too. So they called an ambulance. But by the time they arrived, she knew who everyone was and could walk again.

Before that, I had finally chalked my mom up to some sort of flu thing but just more severe than I’d ever seen since she’s almost 80. But my sister is not 80 and it hit her weird too.

I got sick but didn’t hit me hard. Just a little dizziness and fatigue.
weird, huh?
Yeah thanks for the info, Yeah sounds like a TIA.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it wasn’t TIA‘s. And I’ve seen TIA’s. The recovery isn’t THAT quick, not that I’ve ever seen. And my sister, over 20 years younger, displayed the same neurological things and SHE went to the hospital overnight and had every test known to man. They said she was perfectly fine by all tests. But then she came home and also slept for 2 weeks, ate little, had some shakiness. But no more scary fugue states or giving out of muscles though.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying..

I have back issues too. Depending on where the bulge it, it can cause your symptoms when it flairs up. If it is not this, I hope they find the issue.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it wasn’t TIA‘s. And I’ve seen TIA’s. The recovery isn’t THAT quick, not that I’ve ever seen. And my sister, over 20 years younger, displayed the same neurological things and SHE went to the hospital overnight and had every test known to man. They said she was perfectly fine by all tests. But then she came home and also slept for 2 weeks, ate little, had some shakiness. But no more scary fugue states or giving out of muscles though.
K, just worried about them. Not a TIA then. Strange though, then I'm not sure what is going on.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace