I Don't Know How To "Debate", But I Do Have A Simple Question ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

My question is fairly simple and is in response to the following exchange from the Topic:
Why The Seventy Weeks Are 490 Days - To Be Interpreted As Years, Post #129 near the bottom of Page 7, quoted per the following:

QUOTE="1stCenturyLady, post: 565293, member: 7883" ... especially if you are going to swear, so you are going on ignore. /QUOTE

To All,

I challenge ANYONE to find what this individual accuses me of, -- swearing.

How is it that people post their lies, AND THEY SAY THEY'RE A CHRISTIAN. It's just too bad that where the church is supposed to hold people accountable within the church, that it seldom if ever happens in a "christian" (small "c") Forum.

Perhaps I don't understand what a "christian" is. Maybe I should look in the dictionary under: Hypocrite; Liar; Slanderer; Murderer; etc.

Or so it seems,
Bobby Jo​

So my question is simple. -- Who will be the "two or three" that confronts this individual for their False Accusation?

Anyone?
Bobby Jo

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two (if Christ is in you) is you and Christ. In which case it can be left to Him who has already condemned those who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit.

On the other hand, if Christ is not in you, or you have simply misunderstood because of your own spiritual infancy or their's...then perhaps it will be forgiven upon repentance.

Or if anyone in Christ was actually a witness, let them speak.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two ...

Well, maybe there will be two or three Christians (capital "C") which will stand up. But in the meantime, I'll place you in the "We Prefer OPRAH, the Sofa, Potato Chips, and a Pepsi®" column. :)

To All,

Scripture says that the kingdom of heaven is obtained by pursuit, and pursuers take it by ardent action. It doesn't simply fall into our laps while watching Oprah, reclining on the sofa, eating potato chips, and drinking a Pepsi®.

Thanks,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To All,

My question is fairly simple and is in response to the following exchange from the Topic:
Why The Seventy Weeks Are 490 Days - To Be Interpreted As Years, Post #129 near the bottom of Page 7, quoted per the following:

QUOTE="1stCenturyLady, post: 565293, member: 7883" ... especially if you are going to swear, so you are going on ignore. /QUOTE

To All,

I challenge ANYONE to find what this individual accuses me of, -- swearing.

How is it that people post their lies, AND THEY SAY THEY'RE A CHRISTIAN. It's just too bad that where the church is supposed to hold people accountable within the church, that it seldom if ever happens in a "christian" (small "c") Forum.

Perhaps I don't understand what a "christian" is. Maybe I should look in the dictionary under: Hypocrite; Liar; Slanderer; Murderer; etc.

Or so it seems,
Bobby Jo​

So my question is simple. -- Who will be the "two or three" that confronts this individual for their False Accusation?

Anyone?
Bobby Jo
I would presume she referred to this sentence of yours in post #128 in that thread of "Why the Seventy Weeks Are 490 Days - To Be Interpreted As Years" :

"You don't know what you're talking about, but by god you will DEMAND that what you say is absolute truth. -- Yeah, NOT."

I have underlined the words and changed the color to blue. The text from Jesus that might raise a question for some are found in these verses:

"Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil." Matt 5:33-37

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, maybe there will be two or three Christians (capital "C") which will stand up. But in the meantime, I'll place your in the "We Prefer OPRAH, the Sofa, Potato Chips, and a Pepsi®" column. :)

To All,

Scripture says that the kingdom of heaven is obtained by pursuit, and pursuers take it by ardent action. It doesn't simply fall into our laps while watching Oprah, reclining on the sofa, eating potato chips, and drinking a Pepsi®.

Thanks,
Bobby Jo
It's the wacko, bozo column for you. Sheessh!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would presume she referred to this sentence of yours in post #128 in that thread of "Why the Seventy Weeks Are 490 Days - To Be Interpreted As Years" :

"You don't know what you're talking about, but by god you will DEMAND that what you say is absolute truth. -- Yeah, NOT."

There's a reason I didn't capitalize "god", where references to the Creator is Capitalized. People have MANY gods in their life, whether it's money or whatever, and that was the context for my assertion, -- which was NOT "swearing".

I appreciate your response, but your analysis is incorrect! :)

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's the wacko, bozo column for you. Sheessh!

You've got your standards and GOD has HIS. HE says that if we don't judge within the church that the world will judge us.

You DON'T HAVE to participate in the accountability of the "fellowship", even though you're called to ...

Potato chips anyone?
Bobby Jo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a reason I didn't capitalize "god", where references to the Creator is Capitalized. People have MANY gods in their life, whether it's money or whatever, and that was the context for my assertion, -- which was NOT "swearing".

Bobby Jo

Hi Bobby Jo,

I personally wouldn't be surprised at anyone not making that distinction.

Given that we all profess the same God, the God of the Bible, how would you expect this to be taken?

Much love!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Bobby Jo,

I personally wouldn't be surprised at anyone not making that distinction.

Given that we all profess the same God, the God of the Bible, how would you expect this to be taken?

Much love!

Hey Marks,

Scripture and most people capitalize the first letter of "God", but I prefer to capitalize the entire word whether it be GOD, HIM, or HE. It may be a small detail, but it seems that the ONE who knows the number of hairs on my head should be more than a casual acquaintance, with a casual reference!

Thanks,
Bobby Jo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Marks,

Scripture and most people capitalize the first letter of "God", but I prefer to capitalize the entire word whether it be GOD, HIM, or HE. It may be a small detail, but it seems that the ONE who knows the number of hairs on my head should be more than a casual acquaintance, with a casual reference!

Thanks,
Bobby Jo

I agree with you, and I too capitalize God, and Him, and so forth. And Bible. But I know now everyone does.

But I think we need to keep an awareness of how others will look at our posts. Not to mention, I think we've all gooten pretty used to the typos around here.

But again, I agree, no amount of honor, if from the heart, is too great for GOD!

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bobby Jo
I was not analyzing to come to any conclusions for or against anyone. Rather I was simply showing where and why she might have taken offense. You would have to ask her if it is where the problem lay and then take appropriate action:

"Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire." Matt 18:7-8

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, maybe you're right. Maybe Jesus and Paul, and Moses, and the Prophets ALL swore. So I guess I'm in good company?!? :)
Bobby Jo, curious, were you looking for vindication or information?

Much love!