Do Christians have to attend church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
By "church" I mean a local assembly.

You don't have to attend church to be saved but you should attend some Christian meetings regularly to have fellowship, Hebrews 10:

24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, 25 not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Find a group/church/fellowship that you like. Get involved with some church programs. Make friends.

For example, once in a while, there is movie night. Anyone can show up and have a simple love meal followed by watching a movie and then discussing the movie. I try to bring an unbeliever with me.

There is an outreach activity in different Toronto neighborhoods to spread the gospel.

You don't need an officially registered church to do this. However, you do need a group of Christians who meet regularly physically, do things together, are accountable to one another, love one another, etc. You need a regular fellowship.

Reactions: Gottservant

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By "church" I mean a local assembly.

You don't have to attend church to be saved but you should attend some Christian meetings regularly to have fellowship, Hebrews 10:

Find a group/church/fellowship that you like. Get involved with some church programs. Make friends.

For example, once in a while, there is movie night. Anyone can show up and have a simple love meal followed by watching a movie and then discussing the movie. I try to bring an unbeliever with me.

There is an outreach activity in different Toronto neighborhoods to spread the gospel.

You don't need an officially registered church to do this. However, you do need a group of Christians who meet regularly physically, do things together, are accountable to one another, love one another, etc. You need a regular fellowship.
Emphatically yes for worship services. Scripture supports this for a variety of reasons, 1st and foremost to commune with the Lord by partaking of the Lord's supper.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Do Christians have to attend church?​

have to?.......faulty paradigms abound.....and foolishness exploits them.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing wrong with attending assemblies, as long as a person has faith, love for God, and love for others there is no problem with what a person may choose to do with liberty in Christ, in which leads to doing good works by allowing the spirit to come and through abiding in the Lord Jesus Christ, which produces good fruit by worshiping God in spirit and in truth.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's something to be said about "connection" to our brothers and sisters in Christ.

I've also found that being part of a brick-and-mortar church has given me opportunities to serve that I would otherwise have to seek out myself.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The " church, bride & body of Christ" is not contained in a man made building NOR organization ! (16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? Corinthians )

We are advised to gather together as has been stated and for what the purpose of believers fellowshipping does.

Hebrews 10:24-25
and let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Reactions: amadeus