I don't think what Jeremiah Wright said was so bad

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Franklin;41787)
Oh I see we are so introspective, while all the other lemmings fall off the system cliff - Sheesh! Listen this guy is a pastor who made inflammatory comments and accusations from a pulpit. Maybe that does not bother you. Fine, but his statements are overboard - THE UNITED STATES INVENTED AIDS TO KILL THE BLACK MANC'MON - THAT'S TRUTH? Geez guys get a grip!Lay off the conspiracy theory stuff guys - time for a heapin tablespoon full of reality
You want reality. If Christians would spend more time looking for the good in things rather than trying to exploit some ridiculous story that is meaningless a lot more would get accomplished. So swearing form the pulpit not like hes the only one thats ever did it. No its people that have this narrow minded view of what is and what is not biblically correct and everyone knows everything about nothing...I am sick of this.............oooooooh so correct in everything that we say, I say I don't buy one word of it.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the both of you maintain that it is an accurate statement to say that white men in America concocted AIDS to kill blacks?I think II Peter 2 has said it better than anything else I can say.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaHIV, the infectious agent of AIDS, is thought to have originated in non-human primates in sub-Saharan Africa and transferred to humans during the 20th century. The epidemic officially began on 5 June 1981.Neither according to this........

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Franklin;41535)
Not that bad? Sheesh! They are horrendous! He can say whatever he wants, but I don't think I want my president having that voice in his ear on issues on conscious, war, or homeland security. How could they be any worse? We have lost our ability to be offended in America... that is the worst of all our transgressions
the truth is America is pretty offensive...IMO

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Offensive I do not know about I think we have just become pretty thick skinned with everything thats going on in the world. We take a lot of things for granted and do not appreciate what we have a lot of times.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Two;41809)
Offensive I do not know about I think we have just become pretty thick skinned with everything thats going on in the world. We take a lot of things for granted and do not appreciate what we have a lot of times.
that is so true

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(Two;41795)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaHIV, the infectious agent of AIDS, is thought to have originated in non-human primates in sub-Saharan Africa and transferred to humans during the 20th century. The epidemic officially began on 5 June 1981.Neither according to this........
I understand this to be correct also. It was determined to originate in the Rheus monkey .The biggest boost to the worldwide spread of AIDS came from an airline steward , a "handsome" homosexual who had a multitude of encounters in every city he landed in around world. They called it the "Gay Cancer" back then.They say the steward was not very handsome when he died.Arnie

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(forgivenWretch;41634)
Who can answer this question? Where did racism begin?
Racism began Early in the Old Testament.I can also tell you who the biggest racist in modern day is.She is one of the most famous and successful people on National television. Her name is Oprah . She sees everything in black or white. She judges everybody by skin color. If you have dark skin she will point that out continually on the show. It flavours her every conversation and motive. She backs Obama for the single reason of his skin color. She is racist and biased.I always liked Oprah , I just wish she was color blind , that's all. I do give her credit for not editing out a portion of her show a couple of years ago.She was interviewing Tiger Woods shortly after winning his first Masters Tournament. Of course Oprah had to bring up her judge by color questions and asked Tiger how hard it was to be a top Pro golfer and an African American. I am not African American and please dont label me that way , replied Tiger. Oprah's jaw nearly dropped to the floor. Her prized Negro was slipping out of her fingers. Tiger went on to say he was part American Indian ,Asian , White and Jamacan I think. He also said nobody had ever mentioned race to him in the golf circles and it was never an issue until he was on with Oprah. She made it an issue. Oprah is not color blind.I like Oprah and admire her acomplishments. She used to hint that she was a Christian but now I worry. Lately she has become a World evangelist for Eckhart Tole and his New Age Religion. She promotes it with vigor.

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
Arniem-Never heard the air steward account before...fascinating. As for Oprah, I agree she used to seem like she was Christian but now she's New Age fuzzy. The Tiger story upsets. That's internalized racism IMO. I understand his need to acknowledge his entre heritage. But he really sounds like he's trying to distance himself from being Black. Very sad. I never notived Oprah was racist though.Denver-About AIDS, you don't believe the conspiracy theoery becuase why? It just seems to extreme to you, too malicious? I don't discount the theory just for those reasons. We KNOW people have done some horrible things to groups they don't like.Have you heard of the Tuskagee Experiment? Might want to look that one up. It's not FACT that AIDS was created to kill Blacks but I would not put it past the US to do.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you heard of the Tuskagee Experiment? Might want to look that one up. It's not FACT that AIDS was created to kill Blacks but I would not put it past the US to do.
Well you stated everything he said was a fact, so either it was or it was not.
About AIDS, you don't believe the conspiracy theoery becuase why? It just seems to extreme to you, too malicious? I don't discount the theory just for those reasons. We KNOW people have done some horrible things to groups they don't like.
You know, I've spent my life being told I'm a racist because I am a white male. That, of course, most often comes from people who don't live in the real world - college professors and TV analysts make up just a few. I've grown up in two towns - one where I was in the majority and one where I was the minority. I lived around people of all races and creeds and still do. Many of them were my friends and others still are if we've kept contact. However, according to people like Wright, we hate all blacks and nonwhites and do all of these mystical things to kill you.Simply crying "IT IS...IT IS...IT IS" like a school child does not make something true. I've heard many a conspiracy theory and some of them have merit while most don't. Believe what you want, but if it endangers me because of what you believe we have a problem. If you decide to speak for God while not really talking about His Word, you've got a much bigger problem and one will rue the day of reckoning that will come.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Two;41788)
You want reality. If Christians would spend more time looking for the good in things rather than trying to exploit some ridiculous story that is meaningless a lot more would get accomplished. So swearing form the pulpit not like hes the only one thats ever did it. No its people that have this narrow minded view of what is and what is not biblically correct and everyone knows everything about nothing...I am sick of this.............oooooooh so correct in everything that we say, I say I don't buy one word of it.
if there what a clapping emoticon Two I would place several on this reply...you go brother, get mad!

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(TooInvolved1;41906)
Arniem-Never heard the air steward account before...fascinating. As for Oprah, I agree she used to seem like she was Christian but now she's New Age fuzzy. The Tiger story upsets. That's internalized racism IMO. I understand his need to acknowledge his entre heritage. But he really sounds like he's trying to distance himself from being Black. Very sad. I never notived Oprah was racist though..
Hi tooinvolvedI do not like my choice of words calling Oprah racist. But if racist means treating people differently based on skin color or race, she does it continuosly. Watch her closely next time.I am not anti-Oprah , I watch her show with appreciation when she has a good guest on. She has done much good.Maybe my problem is being a Canadian. Skin color or race is never an issue with me. Never even think of it. But folks like Oprah bring it up continually. By her own definition , that is racism. Many thanksArnie

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
Truthfully, like I said, I never noticed this issue w/Oprah. But that may be b/c I'd agree with her (if I'm understanding what you're saying correctly). The fact is there's still a lot of racism out there. Oprah has obviously overcome a lot to be as successful as she is. So she probably feels the need to help elevate other AAs. Using TW as an example of another successful AA is one more step toward chaging stereotypes and refuting the notion of us (AAs) as ne'r-do-wells etc. I think that was what was behind her attempt. TW seemed to ruin that...