I don't want to talk about it!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's unfortunate that a non-racist person may use a term they heard and are unaware what it actually means.

I have seen racism ...a lot of it ...in my lifetime. I am a white woman, and witnessed racism against black people coming from my maternal grandmother and to a lesser degree from my mother. I also saw a lot of it in a church I attended (and left) ...that pastor was a cult handler. I heard him promote the Aryan brotherhood, British-Israelism, and he hated on anyone who was of any color than "white."
I had a neighbor when I lived down south. My ex and I were talking in the backyard, he came over to say hi.
We had been talking about me staying home and I thought I might look into fostercare.
The first thing out of the neighbor was...as long as it aint a N.
My jaw dropped. I just looked at him and said it aint no &*^& business what I do in my house.
He told me other people in the are would probably burn the house down.
As I turned, I said.. let em try.. :mad:
needless to say my health went south as well so I wasn't able to follow through on checking into it.
And now, I can't keep up myslef let alone a child.
I would take them all, I dont care boy girl nationality.. i would learn a language if I had to..
I just physically cant do it.

But that's the first time I ever had it in my face like that. And it got me boiled.
It exists, I know it does.
But I believe the majority of people feel like.. live and let live.
We were on the right course... (that reminds me, so many courses.. oh my)

All I can say is I have hope and I pray a lot.
But somehow there has to be a doing..
I dont want a war.
I dont think there will be one,
but the battle scars won't be from bullets or knives.
It will be emotional battle scars and those can last for generations.
Just makes me sad thinking about it.

I appreciate all the replies
Thank You
HUGS

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say White people and Black people like when describing my dreams or when I see people. I find some find that offensive. Not every Black person is from Africa, and like not every "person of color" is Hispanic. She is trying to make the point of the injustice she sees when it comes to race. So no, I do not see why it is an offensive term. Everyone should be respected regardless of color, and I believe this is what she is trying to get across. I believe if people would try and listen to what is being said instead of being offended by "political correctness" of terms, that would help mend the rift. It is not a bad name when referring to a group of people. Because it is not just Black and White people that are affected by this. And White is a color too, you know. I am White and want to be respected too. And Folk is an extremely country term. ^_^

The term black, hispanic, asian and white have to be used in descriptions by law enforcement to identify and locate criminals. There's nothing wrong with using color descriptors.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's unfortunate that a non-racist person may use a term they heard and are unaware what it actually means.

I have seen racism ...a lot of it ...in my lifetime. I am a white woman, and witnessed racism against black people coming from my maternal grandmother and to a lesser degree from my mother. I also saw a lot of it in a church I attended (and left) ...that pastor was a cult handler. I heard him promote the Aryan brotherhood, British-Israelism, and he hated on anyone who was of any color than "white."
When I was in elementary school in a small town in California where no black people lived [lots of Chicanos, Filipinos and Portuguese], my own mother taught this little rhyme:

"Een Meany, miny mo; Catch a N... by the toe, and if he hollers make him pay 50 dollars every day."

My mother grew up in Oklahoma and in teaching me that little rhyme she used the word for which the "N..." stands. I loved my mother, but she made it clear that she considered black people as less than equal to "whites". Years later it was a black family who showed me and my wife by example who the Lord was. They still live in the San Francisco Bay Area and for all of these years we have remained best of friends and brothers in the Lord. Strange how God works, isn't it?

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other thing I noticed while watching these protests. I believe they are feeding them drugs.
About an hour before they start getting hmm rowdy.. that a nice way of putting it,
they have them all sit down in a big group. sometimes 50's to 100 or more. They pass around water and I see them hand them something small.
They put it in their mouth and swallow the water. I call it "candy" . But I think it's something like opposite of ritlin?
what the give to kids to slow them down.. I think they give them stuff to rile them up.
I seen it on multiple occasions.

I keep asking ..as do others, where are the parents?

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I actually looked up that term "people of color".
And I found out that it means the very word we all try to avoid. the "N" word.
Seems in Europe in the early days, or maybe not so early, they used the proper "N" word to describe all people
of other races.
So we just truly exchanged one racist term for another.
I just don't think people took the time to research it thoroughly.

But I agree with you. I feel it is just as racist and it divides no less than any other slang or derogative name for people.
Thank you for your reply
Hugs

My daughter who is 5ft 4 had a friend, a guy who is 6ft 3, a very english guy, who was Nigerian by ancestry, but was also a basket ball player. The strange thing was they were very similar in personality and were great friends. Looking at them you would think they were in different worlds, but getting to know them, they are great exploring and powerful people.

And this summarises the problem. As individuals we all have a great potential, but when the look becomes the defining character, life has just left the room. It is obvious those who say "I am this, so I should demand respect" or "You are that, so you are worse than me" are two sides of the same coin. And unfortunately there are people who will look at anyone with a dark skin in a different light than someone with a lighter skin and exploit the effect.

Until as a society we recognise these people and totally reject their attitude it will continue to recur. It is truly sad when either side go to far, and I am very sympathetic to victims of this hatred and bigotry. We need to support the victims and shine a light on the stupidity of this way of thinking, that damages our future and theirs. God bless you

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My daughter who is 5ft 4 had a friend, a guy who is 6ft 3, a very english guy, who was Nigerian by ancestry, but was also a basket ball player. The strange thing was they were very similar in personality and were great friends. Looking at them you would think they were in different worlds, but getting to know them, they are great exploring and powerful people.

And this summarises the problem. As individuals we all have a great potential, but when the look becomes the defining character, life has just left the room. It is obvious those who say "I am this, so I should demand respect" or "You are that, so you are worse than me" are two sides of the same coin. And unfortunately there are people who will look at anyone with a dark skin in a different light than someone with a lighter skin and exploit the effect.

Until as a society we recognise these people and totally reject their attitude it will continue to recur. It is truly sad when either side go to far, and I am very sympathetic to victims of this hatred and bigotry. We need to support the victims and shine a light on the stupidity of this way of thinking, that damages our future and theirs. God bless you
Now over there on the other side of the pond, you are having similar problems, but I believe more with Muslims than race is that right?
And that is the same tactic but different tool they are using to divide and conquer.
You also have the lockdown protests.. It's crazy everywhere!
earthquakes in diverse places, isn't just a physical manifestation. earthquakes are the turmoils between peoples and families.
It shakes everything to the very foundations of unity of anything.
They are literally trying to rip this world apart from the inside. The very hearts and souls of the peoples.
And they are controlling our minds through the media..

And yet, I see hope. I see people all over the world fighting back, challenging the narrative. Pushing back on "fake news" .
I just wonder if it's enough and is there still time?
I pray a lot.
We need a lot more prayers in my opinion.

If my people who are called by my name...
That's a promise.. I hope we don't miss the opportunity to receive it.
HUGS

Reactions: Rita

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You (as well as every sane person) knows that that is TOTAL NONSENSE. Just ignore them and move on

The race card began to be used when Barack Obama came on the scene. Race relations had normalized in the USA by that time, and many blacks had prospered, attained high positions in government,
and racism was becoming a thing of the past.

But purely for political power, some blacks chose to inflame racial tensions, and now you have BLM, which is a domestic terrorist organization, claiming to care about black lives, but in fact destroying black people, their homes, their businesses, and their livelihoods. These thugs should have been locked up but have been allowed to wreak havoc by Democratic governors, mayors, AGs,etc. They are being led literally by a couple of witches.
Wow, we can just feel that non-bigoted love coming out of your mouth, Enoch. Won't you make an exemplary diplomat or peace keeper? Wasn't the OP, in general, on how NOT to incite and fuel accusation, aggression and hatred?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wow, we can just feel that non-bigoted love coming out of your mouth, Enoch. Won't you make an exemplary diplomat or peace keeper? Wasn't the OP, in general, on how NOT to incite and fuel accusation, aggression and hatred?
FACTS ARE FACTS. Talk to the Anarchists and tell them to cease and desist.

Reactions: dev553344 and Ziggy

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This thread is probably going to get highly electrified. I just ask before I pose a question,
to please, if the topic bothers you intensly and you want move along.. that's perfectly ok.
Don't feel you have to participate in something that makes you uncomfortable.

I am aware I put this in the Debate Forum and it needs to be debated or at least discussed.
It's basically what's tearing this country apart right now.
What is called Social Justice, Racism, and Equality for all.
Think of it as a 3-in-1 topic.

I am a 55 y/o white woman. I grew up in the city of Boston right when the bussing started.
I never been a racist. I never looked at a person's skin color. I always went by their character.
I'm not sure what Social Justice is, and I don't know what is meant by Equality for all.
I believe in the Constitution and that we are all equal in the eyes of God.
And that we are all under one law.
Now some say that only applies to some people, mainly white ones.
And though I know a little about the Jim crow laws and segregation..
I never studied it.

I talk to people in the live chats and they tell me, if I can't see color then I'm a racist.
If I can't see the injustice between white people and people of color, I'm a nazi.
They don't hold back either. They spit it at you.

Now maybe there some people that are in this Forum that is a person of color, or feels the racial injustice or inequality.
As a church, as the family of God, we need to work this out together.
I'm hoping to hear from all different points of view about what we can do
to mend this rift.
When we go to heaven, I don't think Jesus is checking skin colors at the door.
Just saying..

What say you?
MUCH LOVE
and prayers for this discussion
AMEN

HUGS
No Ziggy, I don't mean to sound pessimistic nor a defeatist, but until you cure all evils in the world, there will always be an incident or catalyst that will precipitate judgement and oppression. As we all know, racism is not about rationale, or even skin-colour, it's about hate. For there is no man in the world who has an ounce of sense in his head, who could ever find justification in deprecating a person based on something as superficial, as incidental, as involuntary, as one's race, culture or skin pigment. The disdain and contempt is derived from something else.

We can go on forever trying to determine as to what breeds such irrational, incendiary and hypocritical behaviour, as the motives are as varied as the circumstances and cases. But the fact remains that evil is evil, and will manifest itself in ways that most people cannot even fathom.

My point is that a little yeast works its way through the whole batch. As long as a person has one vice, as we all do, many more will propagate from that, even unrelated ones. Evil destroys character, therefore, one sin will precipitate another. We are all imperfect and thus, racist in one way or another, that is, we are all judgmental and abusive to varying degrees.

Sin, in all its forms, will not go away until man reaches perfection - Christ's Kingdom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
FACTS ARE FACTS. Talk to the Anarchists and tell them to cease and desist.
Pointing an accusative finger does not help resolve anything (it's both rather inciting and incriminating actually) - which again, was the query of the OP, i.e. how to diffuse and eradicate hate.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Ziggy, I don't mean to sound pessimistic nor a defeatist, but until you cure all evils in the world, there will always be an incident or catalyst that will precipitate judgement and oppression. As we all know, racism is not about rationale, or even skin-colour, it's about hate. For there is no man in the world who has an ounce of sense in his head, who could ever find justification in deprecating a person based on something as superficial, as incidental, as involuntary, as one's race, culture or skin pigment. The disdain and contempt is derived from something else.

We can go on forever trying to determine as to what breeds such irrational, incendiary and hypocritical behaviour, as the motives are as varied as the circumstances and cases. But the fact remains that evil is evil, and will manifest itself in ways that most people cannot even fathom.

My point is that a little yeast works its way through the whole batch. As long as a person has one vice, as we all do, many more will propagate from that, even unrelated ones. Evil destroys character, and one sin will precipitate another. We are all imperfect and thus, racist in one way or another, that is, we are all judgmental and abusive to varying degrees.

Sin, in all its forms, will not go away until man reaches perfection - Christ's Kingdom.
How do we fix it.
I know the problems and I know the roots.
But you said.. "but until you cure all evils in the world" ..
You Who?
That's us.
My question is how do we battle this?
How can we .. haha to use a well known cliche' , change the world?
They got control of it through neglect, through persuasion of rules and laws.
Lack of discipline in which they keep the parents bound from raising their own children.
Even schools now won't let teacher's discipline kids in school if they get unruly.

My question is, How do WE fix it?
Or do we just leave it other politicians and think tanks to finish the job they already begun?

Thank You for your reply.
I know this is a hot topic.. all I ask is a little patience and a lot of thought.
It's not going to fix itself..
that's all I'm saying.
HUGS

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was in elementary school in a small town in California where no black people lived [lots of Chicanos, Filipinos and Portuguese], my own mother taught this little rhyme:

"Een Meany, miny mo; Catch a N... by the toe, and if he hollers make him pay 50 dollars every day."

My mother grew up in Oklahoma and in teaching me that little rhyme she used the word for which the "N..." stands. I loved my mother, but she made it clear that she considered black people as less than equal to "whites". Years later it was a black family who showed me and my wife by example who the Lord was. They still live in the San Francisco Bay Area and for all of these years we have remained best of friends and brothers in the Lord. Strange how God works, isn't it?
I was born in San Francisco.

Reactions: amadeus

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is probably going to get highly electrified. I just ask before I pose a question,
to please, if the topic bothers you intensly and you want move along.. that's perfectly ok.
Don't feel you have to participate in something that makes you uncomfortable.

I am aware I put this in the Debate Forum and it needs to be debated or at least discussed.
It's basically what's tearing this country apart right now.
What is called Social Justice, Racism, and Equality for all.
Think of it as a 3-in-1 topic.

I am a 55 y/o white woman. I grew up in the city of Boston right when the bussing started.
I never been a racist. I never looked at a person's skin color. I always went by their character.
I'm not sure what Social Justice is, and I don't know what is meant by Equality for all.
I believe in the Constitution and that we are all equal in the eyes of God.
And that we are all under one law.
Now some say that only applies to some people, mainly white ones.
And though I know a little about the Jim crow laws and segregation..
I never studied it.

I talk to people in the live chats and they tell me, if I can't see color then I'm a racist.
If I can't see the injustice between white people and people of color, I'm a nazi.
They don't hold back either. They spit it at you.

Now maybe there some people that are in this Forum that is a person of color, or feels the racial injustice or inequality.
As a church, as the family of God, we need to work this out together.
I'm hoping to hear from all different points of view about what we can do
to mend this rift.
When we go to heaven, I don't think Jesus is checking skin colors at the door.
Just saying..

What say you?
MUCH LOVE
and prayers for this discussion
AMEN

HUGS
Stick with the NT, not the US Constitution.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How do we fix it.
I know the problems and I know the roots.
But you said.. "but until you cure all evils in the world" ..
You Who?
That's us.
My question is how do we battle this?
How can we .. haha to use a well known cliche' , change the world?
They got control of it through neglect, through persuasion of rules and laws.
Lack of discipline in which they keep the parents bound from raising their own children.
Even schools now won't let teacher's discipline kids in school if they get unruly.

My question is, How do WE fix it?
Or do we just leave it other politicians and think tanks to finish the job they already begun?

Thank You for your reply.
I know this is a hot topic.. all I ask is a little patience and a lot of thought.
It's not going to fix itself..
that's all I'm saying.
HUGS
My comment that you quoted was rhetorical - there will never be peace until Christ's return was my final statement. As in Proverbs 22:10, 'get rid of the troublemaker, and the peace will return'. That is, we will never, ever get rid of the upstarts in this world. Just as long as there is just one atheist left, one bigot, one vain or pretentious person, one heretic, apostate or pagan, etc... is enough to disrupt and dissolve the peace.

My point is Ziggy, that I don't even trust myself to keep the tranquility. As much as I desire it, and try to obtain it, there is too much vanity and wickedness in me, that I'm even part of the problem. Even so that I barely even realize how inflammatory and quarrelsome that I actually am, when not trying to be.
There's no resolve Ziggy, here on earth.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stick with the NT, not the US Constitution.
I need to go back to school :rolleyes:

I was about to quote the Declaration of Independence and say it was in the Constitution, or bill of rights.

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America
w.gif
hen in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

I understand this was our seperation from Britain. But does it also apply to the present government that rules over us?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My comment that you quoted was rhetorical - there will never be peace until Christ's return was my final statement. As in Proverbs 22:10, 'get rid of the troublemaker, and the peace will return'. That is, we will never, ever get rid of the upstarts in this world. Just as long as there is just one atheist left, one bigot, one vain or pretentious person, one heretic, apostate or pagan, etc... is enough to disrupt and dissolve the peace.
My point is Ziggy, that I don't even trust myself to keep the tranquility. As much as I desire it, and try to obtain it, there is too much vanity and wickedness in me, that I'm even part of the problem. Even so that I barely even realize how inflammatory and quarrelsome that I actually am, when not trying to be.
There's no resolve Ziggy, here on earth.

It takes practice :)

HUGS

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need to go back to school :rolleyes:

I was about to quote the Declaration of Independence and say it was in the Constitution, or bill of rights.

IN CONGRESS, JULY 4, 1776
The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America
w.gif
hen in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

I understand this was our seperation from Britain. But does it also apply to the present government that rules over us?
The Government doesn't give a DAMN about the constitution. It is filled with filthy rich lawyers looking out for "number one" and taking bribes from the highest bidders.

Reactions: Jostler and Ziggy

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It takes practice :)

HUGS
Don't hold your breathe...
You're appearing somewhat naive. You're concerned only about racism, what about rape and murder, illicit sex, or even gluttony? What about gangster rap and pornography, white collar crimes or spousal abuse, or neglected children? How many millennia of human history has past and do you think that you are the only one desiring peace, or that has ever contemplated its eradication - and you state that it just takes practice?
You said in your OP that you were 55 years old, and yet you are sounding like a teenager right now?

Tell Putin and Trump to be nice to people and when they fail, tell them just to keep practicing. Go tell a gangbanger to get along and make peace with a rival group, and see what happens to you. Try and convince a rapist that it's not nice to violate women, and see if he complies with your rhetoric. How do you tell a 44 year old man that it's unfair and tyrannical to abuse his wife and children, as in, why does a grown-up even need to be told?

You're sounding flaky Ziggy, you don't seem to comprehend the issue at hand - or my initial post that you actually liked? I don't mind people offering suggestions to help solve a problem, but it is agitating when the one offering a solution does not understand the problem.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are many things at work here and its a complex issue.

1- racism has existed for millenniums.
2- it has always existed in the U.S.
3- its not going to stop
4- mans fallen/sinful nature it at work and its ingrained in mankind
5- only a relationship with Christ can break down those barriers( Galatians 3:28; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Colossians 3:11)
6- racism begins in the home so its the parents responsibility to teach our children from their youth Gods ways.
7- a society by its laws can never eliminate racism.
8- its a moral issue one that needs a change of heart that only Christ can set free.

hope this helps !!!
I agree with all but #4, ...but that's another issue....

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The whole discussion....the concept....the inadequate terms....the offensive terms. I have served in the military and I know for a fact that they call each other the "N" word. It is all a power play to control what you say. There is really no example like it in our culture. There is an underlying desire to control what people say. They prey on people of conscience and the people that press it, have none. Power play. There is an old western called "Blazing Saddles" they cannot hardly play that anymore. It does not matter they want the power, it is intended to intimidate and control. It does not matter if it is here on this forum or on TV or in media if you type out the "N" word or say it, the whole world comes down on you. It can ruin your reputation and or your business, it can get you fired...and that is the point, they think that it is cool. Power play.

The fact is, very few white people are white and very black people are black. I discussed this in another thread. It does not matter what phrase you use they can turn it around and accuse you of racism, if they do not like you or whatever reason they have....could be a whim or a bad day or if you are debating them and they are losing they can pull the race card out. They can assault a mom with kids in a parking lot and when the cops come they can say the mom called them a bad name and the crime is forgotten. Why is this so? It gets down to the fact they like the power play and they do not like to be identified in anyway as different.

Person of color...colored....black....negro....African American...dark skinned...None of these are intended to offend but..it does not matter, they can turn it around, act offended and accuse you of being a racist. Part of the issue has it roots in Marxism or communism. Barack Hussein Obama....did you know that the media was not allowed to say or print his middle name because it related to Saddam Hussein. Hussein is a common middle eastern name, but on a whim they were allowed to control what we say and print...The first step to mind control is controlling the media, speech, and language. There is a host of derogatory terms that can be used for people of color and most whites are not going to use them. We talk to people in public, as school, at work, or black friends,most people are not going to use derogatory terms.

On the other hand, people of color can call whites just about anything they want and get away with it, in public, on TV, in the media...and we take it in stride. What does that mean? They do not like that either, because it insinuates that we are more intelligent and or more civilized. They are their own worst enemy, because they get us in a position that, we know that there is no way that we cannot offend them and at any point they could go berserk over nothing. So some whites avoid them. It just like these murderous mobs, they have hurt the social standing of the people of color in general...they have harmed the social standing of the average black person that works, own a home, a car and send their kids to school. That is not fair, but the ramifications are visual and stand in reality. Prejudice is not avoiding homicidal manics. After all this how can you tell if a person of color participated in those riots....Do you want to have them in your neighborhood? Do you want your children around them? Do you want to work with them as fellow employees? Would you want to hire them?

In St. Louis and other big cities black crime dwarfs anything the mafia ever did. Men, women, and children are being killed at a rate of 3 or 4 a day, in each city, and it has been that way for years. Children are shot in their front yards and in their homes and in their cribs. The point here is not to give in to people controlling what you say, they have no right. Unless you are using an obvious derogatory or demeaning term...it is not their right to control what you say or print. We have to stop coddling this type of behavior.

The topic of prejudice is very involved, but be sure to know that there are aspects of it the blacks would not want to give up because they would be required and treated as equals and the whole race card and or chip on their shoulder would have no power.

Last edited: