I feel bad

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is there ever much sunshine in England?

Aah we lived in London until I was 13 , then we moved way south from London ...I think the sunshine quits north of London LOL The south is very sunny.

Yes , all of my childhood memories are just one long summer day...
...weren't yours? :)

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John I for sure don't miss the England that IS, I found that out during all of our trips back home...I miss the England which was.

And many days I miss the "ME that was" too :D
I certainly hear you here. I don't really want to be young again, but there are things I miss like a good game of tennis or going for a walk just because I enjoy it. I don't walk for enjoyment any more because standing or walking instigates the pain in the sciatic nerve on the left side. As for tennis, for a long time I thought I would be able to play again because my legs remained strong and my knees were good. Last time I tried it my lungs let me down. One short run across a tennis court and I was out of breath requiring time to breath normally again. Of course, the guy across the net should wait for me to get my breath before hitting the ball back...LOL?

I must admit that weather-wise...I am much healthier in Canada , even in Alberta...some provinces are humid, England is humid... I cannot do humid it messes up my breathing. By the end of our visits I was more than ready to come home. Humidity for me, is like breathing under water , as in living in Vancouver which I hated ( except the beach and sea which I loved)

I guess God see to it that we bloom where we are planted ..and does it speak of 'fat and flourishing'. :)
I loved the weather where I lived in small town California with moderate temperatures, no smog, or traffic or humidity problems. Oklahoma has humidity, but I've been back to California and the things which have changed, [not weather related] since I lived there [I left in 1985] make me frown at any serious idea of returning to stay. Also home is gone! The people I knew well, family and friends, for the most part are either dead or moved away to other places... like me. But... the memories are still good. Nothing can make those good memories again into the reality that they were then.

Reactions: Helen