I feel bad

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nondenom40

May 21, 2019
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know but anyone can talk about persecution .. when you actually expierence it.. thats when you find out what real persecution is and how it aligns with Jesus Christ words..its like in the moment of it you are going weak blind or want to pass out..or something..it makes you live in fear and like you can't trust anything cause everywhere you turn there's always something that makes you feel bad..it is a lot of anxiety...and a real annoyance I must say....and what's funny even though it's really bad, it's kinda addictive also..it's like you want more and more of it cause it draws you closer to Christ...and that makes it feel good...
I know what you mean. I don't need to get into specifics but i could tell a story or two about what happened when i stood up for the gospel. But there is also persecution on another level that not many in the U.S. see (assuming youre in the usa). Go to china or iran or saudi arabia and preach Jesus. You won't last long. But i'd never minimize or assume i know whats going on in your life.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
G'day J.... we all want to feel good all the time, I'm sure that's what drives many addictions. The only way I can keep equilibrium is to stay connected to Jesus. He gives me the strength to persevere and to be honest with myself. Dealing with difficulties of all sorts never leaves us while we walk this earth yet the promise is there, 'I will never leave you or forsake you'

Last edited:

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Ok thank you for your words of wisdom but the Bible says the days will get evil..I truly believe there's no more escape but in his arms. Telling ya, some people crazy. And what's worst they make me crazy too... :eek:

Birds of a feather...

Sometimes we have to learn to fly alone for a while before hooking up with the right flock. Jesus suggested going into one's closet. He went out into the desert. At some point we all have to take that walk alone into our own garden of Gethsemene to pray alone. He's paved the way for us. We're not covering new ground. The most notable difference being that death will not be stinging us like it did him.

Reactions: Jennifer

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Jennifer, what makes you think that you are being persecuted for the sake of Christ, and not because of your own self will and the chracteristics of your fleshly mind?

Reactions: Helen and Jennifer

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Birds of a feather...

Sometimes we have to learn to fly alone for a while before hooking up with the right flock. Jesus suggested going into one's closet. He went out into the desert. At some point we all have to take that walk alone into our own garden of Gethsemene to pray alone. He's paved the way for us. We're not covering new ground. The most notable difference being that death will not be stinging us like it did him.
Ok

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know what you mean. I don't need to get into specifics but i could tell a story or two about what happened when i stood up for the gospel. But there is also persecution on another level that not many in the U.S. see (assuming youre in the usa). Go to china or iran or saudi arabia and preach Jesus. You won't last long. But i'd never minimize or assume i know whats going on in your life.
Ah the life..overseas..

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
G'day J.... we all want to feel good all the time, I'm sure that what drives many addictions. The only way I can keep equilibrium is to stay connected to Jesus. He gives me the strength to persevere and to be honest with myself. Dealing with difficulties of all sorts never leaves us while we walk this earth yet the promise is there, 'I will never leave you or forsake you'
Well it gives me strength..

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I think what I'm trying to say is that the "Dark Night of the Soul" is a test that God only gives to Christ. Only Christ can pass that test, and no one else ever gets tested. In other words, we have to get out of the way. "I must decrease that he may increase". Paradoxically, it is when we're alone in the closet simply observing that seemingly endless emptiness that we can begin to glimpse this reality.

I can distinctly remember intense feelings of existential dread at the very thought of losing my identity even if it meant being subsumed into God. Now it doesn't sound like such a bad idea after all. Being the proverbial donut hole looks pretty good when things are going really bad. Letting Christ fight our battles looks downright appealing, doesn't it? I think I'll just decrease right out of the room, and let Christ take center stage for the Battle Royale.

Reactions: Helen

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hi Jennifer, what makes you think that you are being persecuted for the sake of Christ, and not because of your own self will and the chracteristics of your fleshly mind?

I must say that I have never felt persecuted for the sake of Christ. It has always been because of my self will. Even when I'm doing something right, and things go bad, I just instinctively think it must be because my own self will got into the mix and messed it up. The thing about it is that when I do that, I take a hard look at myself, and usually I'm able to see where I went wrong.

The reason this is so beneficial is because I'm not as likely to make the same mistake again, and it becomes easier to avoid those mistakes in the future. Before I used to do that, I would keep making the same mistakes, and just blaming everyone around me instead. That never works.

Reactions: Giuliano

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi thank you...I'm not new though..I was banned at christianforums.com. I remember Willie recommended me here...so I came over here...

Just a NEW creature in Christ Jesus. :)
Be blessed.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I must say that I have never felt persecuted for the sake of Christ. It has always been because of my self will. Even when I'm doing something right, and things go bad, I just instinctively think it must be because my own self will got into the mix and messed it up.

I can remember learning that lesson too.
And a wise old saint said to me..."It wasn't what you said it was how you said it. We can often have the word of the Lord, but that must be delivered in the Spirit of the Lord. The word without the Spirit = hot empty air."

After that I was slower in saying something before checking if the Lord was really directing me to say it!!

Even now I can still miss it big time if I am too hasty. LOL

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can remember learning that lesson too.
And a wise old saint said to me..."It wasn't what you said it was how you said it. We can often have the word of the Lord, but that must be delivered in the Spirit of the Lord. The word without the Spirit = hot empty air."

After that I was slower in saying something before checking if the Lord was really directing me to say it!!

Even now I can still miss it big time if I am too hasty. LOL
Uh What do you mean by that?

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must say that I have never felt persecuted for the sake of Christ. It has always been because of my self will. Even when I'm doing something right, and things go bad, I just instinctively think it must be because my own self will got into the mix and messed it up. The thing about it is that when I do that, I take a hard look at myself, and usually I'm able to see where I went wrong.

The reason this is so beneficial is because I'm not as likely to make the same mistake again, and it becomes easier to avoid those mistakes in the future. Before I used to do that, I would keep making the same mistakes, and just blaming everyone around me instead. That never works.
Who said I was blaming others?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Uh What do you mean by that?

Back about 30 years ago it was something an old seasoned saint said to me when I corrected someone that needed correcting, with the right words, but in the wrong spirit.