I feel bad

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
www.jenniferdianeaugustine.simplesite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Actually, that is not true for anyone, unless they are 100% Jesus, 100% of the time.
2. For those who are of faith in Him as their Savior, yes, He will never forsake us!
As for the Holy Spirit, we can grieve Him (cause Him grief), if we are walking too much in our flesh (our fleshly minded ways). Ephesians 4:30
3. You are crying (complaining) about being persecuted for Christ's sake. If that were true, you would be joyful in the Spirit, that you are suffering in being rejected by people, as was our Savior! 1 Peter 4:14
4. I have not asked you that question, so I need not answer for detail. But if you must know, if I am persecuted for Jesus' sake, I am happy in the Spirit!!
5. A rough guess would be 80% in the Spirit (His Mind), 20% in the flesh (my mind).
6. Yes! At least 80% of the time.
Ok sorry there is stuff happening to me you don't know about. Inside and out. So you wouldn't know the crap I'm going thru now. It seems you have some kinda agenda with me cause you keep hitting your response at me hard. You need to stop persecuting me. Period. It's like you Jesus and your army against me. Well sorry that won't work cause I belong to Jesus too so either you be for me or stay against me..either way I don't care cause I know who I'm with every day. And you go read it again Matthew 5 ,if you go read that passage at all and I'll just let bygones be bygones. I can obviously see you have something against me, that's why you keep shading me with your responses...

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just suggesting that I believe biblical persecution is referencing Christ and followers being pursued by adversaries. The Pharisees were always following Jesus trying to find a reason to harm him, because the message He was conveying opposed who they were, and also threatened their high seats.
Ok

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a non-denominational forum. I doubt it qualifies as a flock as a whole, though there are some who are in smaller clicks.

If persecution were a disease then the symptoms would be conduct that isn't Christ-like. The rules try to capture some of these behaviors. I may act on clear violations of the rules, but often I do not perceive an offence is worthy of intervention when I get a report. This calls all who participate to be more gracious in their interactions and slower to take offense. Or conflicts will develop and behavior gets worse.

So of our long standing members most are kind or have learned to walk the line. It's the best I can offer, no one here is perfect.
That's fine

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
my poor dogs have to put up with my tirades,
I think dogs are a treasure; an incredible godsend. For years I used to work over 80 hours a week, and my fiance began to notice that something wasn't right about me. I would be gone for weeks at a time working, and sometimes we only had half a day to spend time together, but that was enough for her to suggest I get a dog so I wouldn't go crazy. She had a shepherd/cattle dog mix, and I really liked the breed so I stopped off at the local SPCA, and they had a one or two year old miniature Queensland heeler. I had him for 8 years before he died. He taught me a lot.

When I would visit my mother, he would start barking at her seemingly for no apparent reason. We might be hanging out for a few days, and suddenly on the second or third day, as soon as my mother would start to say something to me, he would start barking, and it took me a few years before I finally figure out what was going on. He could detect contempt in her voice. I had tuned it out decades earlier, and just lived with it. I finally told my mother that if she didn't change the tone of her voice, he was just going to keep barking. I had originally tried to discipline him, but when I finally figured out what was going on, I decided to let him bark, and let my mother change her behavior instead. Not only did she change her behavior, I started standing up for myself, and refusing to be a doormat.

My sister also had a small dog, and when we would go to her house, we never knew what kind of mood she would be in so it was always stressful, but one time I noticed her dog get up from the floor, stretch, and with the most subtle movements, make himself scarce. I had seen him do that so many times before without ever noticing why he was leaving, but that day, I noticed it, and two minutes later, my sister blew a gasket.

After that, I always knew when to make my exit as well, and I never saw my sister fly off into a rage until some time after her dog died. By that time, I was getting pretty good at looking for the signs myself, and eventually learned to make myself scarce if it looked like my sister was going to detonate.

I would take my dog for a long walk, and by the time I got back, the worst of it would be over, and my sister would be gone. The last time I came back from a dog walk, she was just driving out the driveway. When we walked inside, my mother was still shaking. There was broken glass on the floor and water everywhere. My sister had thrown a glass coffee pot, and broke it, then simply grabbed her stuff and left. My mother would always swear that she was just going to tell my sister not to come back home for the holidays because she couldn't take it anymore, but every year she would cave in and just not say anything. I forget what they call it, something like "enabling behavior" or "codependence".
I most surely am quite a different person now.
I've noticed that I am quite a different person as well, but what I've noticed is that my ability to judge how well I'm doing is significantly better than it was 30 years ago so even though I may have thought I was screwed up 30 years ago, I had no idea how screwed up I really was back then. The crazy thing is that what I see in myself now is much worse than what originally prompted me to change my path. It seems like it's what I need to see in order to stay on the path.
Jesus said that He would be the cause of much division between family members.
You know what's really strange? I've never really thought that the division between me and my family had anything to do with Jesus, but as soon as I read that, I remembered how my sister just sent me an email saying that my references to the bible were of no use. She's always been into quoting a lot of the modern new age authors, and thinks the bible is antiquated, and outdated.
you have humility of heart and desire His ways.
To be perfectly blunt, I have always "kicked against the pricks". I don't really have any sense that I am intentionally seeking his ways. What I've noticed is that I am being forced to do his will against my own. I am the most reluctant to do anything for anyone else, but for some crazy reason, I end up doing stuff for other people, and every time the only thing at the forefront of my mind is my own well being. It freaks me out how I will only do what I want to do for myself, and someone else gets something out of it. Over and over, what I intend for evil, ends up being turned around for the good of others. The thing is that when I see it, it scares me. It tells me that I need to stop resisting because God's dice are always loaded. I can't win. God always wins.
believe what He say's about you, not what Satan would have you believe.
What has been revealed to me is that Satan believes in the power of myself whereas God's focus is completely in, with, and through Christ. I must decrease that Christ may increase. I am slowly disappearing, and it is the most liberating experience of my life. Truly it is being liberated from my life.

I think our biggest problem is not seeing immediate answers (though, sometimes we will!)
I've learned to accept life as it is rather than how I wish it could be. My mother forwarded an email from my sister in which she stated that she loved me despite the hatred I have for her. I once again sent my sister an email informing her that I was sorry she still felt that I hated her, and that she didn't deserve to be subjected to my presence if she felt threatened. I have taken the tact of basically giving up on trying to defend my position, or justify myself. It's wrong and pointless.

So I told her that I was sorry that she's had to struggle with this her whole life, and that I was also really glad that her life was now so much better since I had been gone these last four or five years. (This was what she had just emailed me.) I basically just agreed with her as best I could, and told her that since everything seems to be going so much better now that perhaps there's really no reason to try and fix anything if it doesn't appear to be broke.

She shot back a scathing email full of contempt and so much sarcasm, I can't even understand what she was trying to actually say. This may sound bad, but getting a hate filled email from 3000 miles away doesn't bother me nearly as much as having someone screaming in my face. There are a lot of lonely people around the holiday season, but I'm not one of them. I'm a bit shell shocked as well so I like the fact that the last four or five Thanksgivings and Christmases have been completely uneventful. All that drama never made me feel like I was part of a loving family.
He restores relationships and softens hearts and changes even the most rebellious minds.
I dearly hope that my sister will be able to come around some day, but I'm okay if it doesn't happen. God knows best.
You are no officially on my prayer list brother.
Thanks. I appreciate the kind words, but my mother is the one who needs the prayers. She's still right there in the belly of the beast. She just sent me an email telling me how she promised God that if she made it home alive from last years Thanksgiving get together, she would never ride in my sister's car again. A year later, and she doesn't know how to get out of it. She's terrified of my sister's driving.

She's also terrified to tell my sister that she would rather that her husband drive. I sent an email back with a quote from Matthew 10:28, and pointed out that while I could understand how my sister sometimes made me think my soul was being killed as well, it may be wise to rethink one's priorities because being able to keep one's promise to God is definitely a good thing, and in more ways than one. Her response was that she is going to call her on Wednesday, and tell her that she's sick and can't go. Lying isn't the best course either, but it seems to be my mother's default method of dealing with problems.

I told her that perhaps she might purchase a crash helmet from the local motorcycle shop, and bring a fire extinguisher along as well. Then tell my sister that she could drive as fast as she wanted because she's all ready for a crash and burn. Sweeping it under the rug is the default with my family. How is my mother going to feel if my sister and her husband are killed in some fiery crash? Why do people always remember that they could have said something after a tragedy?

Of course I can't complain or point fingers because I'm 3000 miles away, and just as much a coward as anyone else. My sister already knows my opinion because I finally told her I didn't feel comfortable with her driving. She's had a few wrecks, one with an air bag deployment, and still drives like she's late for her own funeral.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think dogs are a treasure; an incredible godsend. For years I used to work over 80 hours a week, and my fiance began to notice that something wasn't right about me. I would be gone for weeks at a time working, and sometimes we only had half a day to spend time together, but that was enough for her to suggest I get a dog so I wouldn't go crazy. She had a shepherd/cattle dog mix, and I really liked the breed so I stopped off at the local SPCA, and they had a one or two year old miniature Queensland heeler. I had him for 8 years before he died. He taught me a lot.

When I would visit my mother, he would start barking at her seemingly for no apparent reason. We might be hanging out for a few days, and suddenly on the second or third day, as soon as my mother would start to say something to me, he would start barking, and it took me a few years before I finally figure out what was going on. He could detect contempt in her voice. I had tuned it out decades earlier, and just lived with it. I finally told my mother that if she didn't change the tone of her voice, he was just going to keep barking. I had originally tried to discipline him, but when I finally figured out what was going on, I decided to let him bark, and let my mother change her behavior instead. Not only did she change her behavior, I started standing up for myself, and refusing to be a doormat.

My sister also had a small dog, and when we would go to her house, we never knew what kind of mood she would be in so it was always stressful, but one time I noticed her dog get up from the floor, stretch, and with the most subtle movements, make himself scarce. I had seen him do that so many times before without ever noticing why he was leaving, but that day, I noticed it, and two minutes later, my sister blew a gasket.

After that, I always knew when to make my exit as well, and I never saw my sister fly off into a rage until some time after her dog died. By that time, I was getting pretty good at looking for the signs myself, and eventually learned to make myself scarce if it looked like my sister was going to detonate.

I would take my dog for a long walk, and by the time I got back, the worst of it would be over, and my sister would be gone. The last time I came back from a dog walk, she was just driving out the driveway. When we walked inside, my mother was still shaking. There was broken glass on the floor and water everywhere. My sister had thrown a glass coffee pot, and broke it, then simply grabbed her stuff and left. My mother would always swear that she was just going to tell my sister not to come back home for the holidays because she couldn't take it anymore, but every year she would cave in and just not say anything. I forget what they call it, something like "enabling behavior" or "codependence".

I've noticed that I am quite a different person as well, but what I've noticed is that my ability to judge how well I'm doing is significantly better than it was 30 years ago so even though I may have thought I was screwed up 30 years ago, I had no idea how screwed up I really was back then. The crazy thing is that what I see in myself now is much worse than what originally prompted me to change my path. It seems like it's what I need to see in order to stay on the path.

You know what's really strange? I've never really thought that the division between me and my family had anything to do with Jesus, but as soon as I read that, I remembered how my sister just sent me an email saying that my references to the bible were of no use. She's always been into quoting a lot of the modern new age authors, and thinks the bible is antiquated, and outdated.

To be perfectly blunt, I have always "kicked against the pricks". I don't really have any sense that I am intentionally seeking his ways. What I've noticed is that I am being forced to do his will against my own. I am the most reluctant to do anything for anyone else, but for some crazy reason, I end up doing stuff for other people, and every time the only thing at the forefront of my mind is my own well being. It freaks me out how I will only do what I want to do for myself, and someone else gets something out of it. Over and over, what I intend for evil, ends up being turned around for the good of others. The thing is that when I see it, it scares me. It tells me that I need to stop resisting because God's dice are always loaded. I can't win. God always wins.

What has been revealed to me is that Satan believes in the power of myself whereas God's focus is completely in, with, and through Christ. I must decrease that Christ may increase. I am slowly disappearing, and it is the most liberating experience of my life. Truly it is being liberated from my life.

I've learned to accept life as it is rather than how I wish it could be. My mother forwarded an email from my sister in which she stated that she loved me despite the hatred I have for her. I once again sent my sister an email informing her that I was sorry she still felt that I hated her, and that she didn't deserve to be subjected to my presence if she felt threatened. I have taken the tact of basically giving up on trying to defend my position, or justify myself. It's wrong and pointless.

So I told her that I was sorry that she's had to struggle with this her whole life, and that I was also really glad that her life was now so much better since I had been gone these last four or five years. (This was what she had just emailed me.) I basically just agreed with her as best I could, and told her that since everything seems to be going so much better now that perhaps there's really no reason to try and fix anything if it doesn't appear to be broke.

She shot back a scathing email full of contempt and so much sarcasm, I can't even understand what she was trying to actually say. This may sound bad, but getting a hate filled email from 3000 miles away doesn't bother me nearly as much as having someone screaming in my face. There are a lot of lonely people around the holiday season, but I'm not one of them. I'm a bit shell shocked as well so I like the fact that the last four or five Thanksgivings and Christmases have been completely uneventful. All that drama never made me feel like I was part of a loving family.

I dearly hope that my sister will be able to come around some day, but I'm okay if it doesn't happen. God knows best.

Thanks. I appreciate the kind words, but my mother is the one who needs the prayers. She's still right there in the belly of the beast. She just sent me an email telling me how she promised God that if she made it home alive from last years Thanksgiving get together, she would never ride in my sister's car again. A year later, and she doesn't know how to get out of it. She's terrified of my sister's driving.

She's also terrified to tell my sister that she would rather that her husband drive. I sent an email back with a quote from Matthew 10:28, and pointed out that while I could understand how my sister sometimes made me think my soul was being killed as well, it may be wise to rethink one's priorities because being able to keep one's promise to God is definitely a good thing, and in more ways than one. Her response was that she is going to call her on Wednesday, and tell her that she's sick and can't go. Lying isn't the best course either, but it seems to be my mother's default method of dealing with problems.

I told her that perhaps she might purchase a crash helmet from the local motorcycle shop, and bring a fire extinguisher along as well. Then tell my sister that she could drive as fast as she wanted because she's all ready for a crash and burn. Sweeping it under the rug is the default with my family. How is my mother going to feel if my sister and her husband are killed in some fiery crash? Why do people always remember that they could have said something after a tragedy?

Of course I can't complain or point fingers because I'm 3000 miles away, and just as much a coward as anyone else. My sister already knows my opinion because I finally told her I didn't feel comfortable with her driving. She's had a few wrecks, one with an air bag deployment, and still drives like she's late for her own funeral.

I am slowly disappearing, and it is the most liberating experience of my life. Truly it is being liberated from my life.
As our old man disappears more, He will grow us more and more.
ALL I can say about your post is that, wow, and you made a wise choice in keeping yourself separate from your family at this time...mostly for your good!
Your family are such that He died for both your mom and your sister! No mountain is too big for Him.
They need much prayer, and I hope that some of our prayer worriers read your post Snarkle. I will tag a few now! @Angelina , @prayerwarrior, @Pearl , @Mayflower , @faithfulness @Heart2Soul, pretty sure I'm missing a few others so...I hope you will respond in prayer of agreement?? :)

And, don't listen to the lies of Satan...yeah, it's a struggle and will come through with faith.
God has called and continues to call you.

I will make sure to ask for peace for your mother through all this, as well as help for your sister.

Your post is pretty long Snarkle but, I will be reading it a few more times, I'm sure, lol.

Don't be so hard on yourself bro.
God bless and keep you,
-nancy

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I offer a thought to those of us who think others are against us? (And that would include just about all of at one time or another.)

"We would worry a lot less about what others think of us, if we only knew how seldom they do."

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
you made a wise choice in keeping yourself separate from your family at this time...mostly for your good!

Well I can definitely attest that I am better off than if I had attended these family celebrations the last four or five years. However, my sister has told me that she is practically ecstatic at how much better her life is without me there, and this has always really been the goal of our whole family. I've already written my mother a couple of emails pointing out that this is what we've always wanted. We've always wanted my sister to be happy. We spent decades trying not to tick her off, and it sounds like she's finally at peace with me gone. I just seemed to always trigger her.

I didn't trigger her at all the last ten years I was out there because I made a concerted effort not to make any trolling comments around her. The last ten years I was out there, she never blew up at me. This doesn't mean I didn't catch any collateral damage from her outbursts at my mother or anyone else. Evidently, that's still going on, but I'd like to think it's not as bad because I'm not there. I'm sure it's better because I'm at a point in my life where I'm not so sure I can take it anymore.

The reason I say this is because the last time I was out there for Christmas dinner. We decided to go to a restaurant one night. We were waiting for someone else to arrive, and I saw the basket of crackers next to my right arm, and was about to see if my mother wanted some crackers. As I was about to reach for them, I thought my sister might get offended if I didn't offer her any first so I asked her if she'd like some crackers. She became completely incensed, and said, "Why are you asking me if I want crackers?!!! Is it because I'm fat?!!! She then said that I was just trying to push her buttons, and trigger her. Then she got up and left. Ironically, she went home and ate crackers. I knew she loved crackers so it was bizarre to say the least.

At this point, I think I may have reached my limit, and perhaps there was some desire to detonate the bomb rather than tip toeing around trying to diffuse it. It was the last time I actually enjoyed a Christmas dinner with my mother.

All she had to do was say, "No thanks" and that would have been the end of it. I don't think my sister is fat either. She had been eating crackers all day before we went out to dinner. She loves crackers. I don't get it, but then I'm not supposed to. It's the PTSD. That's how crazy it can get. It's not anything that I can blame on her or me. It's just the way it is. She's had a decade or two of therapy to try and deal with it, but it doesn't seem like it's done much of anything. I know I've got it as well, but I just take some deep breathes and start counting. I found all sorts of techniques just in a few books at the library. I must have saved a cool $20 or $30k compared to what my sister has paid out to deal with her problems.

Thanks for the prayers. I feel pretty good knowing someone is praying about it.

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
May I offer a thought to those of us who think others are against us? (And that would include just about all of at one time or another.)

"We would worry a lot less about what others think of us, if we only knew how seldom they do."

I forget where I read this, but they say 90% of what we worry about never happens. You're right though, most people are so completely self absorbed in their own worlds, who has time to think about anyone else?:)

Attachments

• clear[1].png
    clear[1].png
    137 bytes · Views: 0
Reactions: Nancy

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My compliments, Jennifer. So far, YOU are the main one trying to slow this down.
My compliments, Jennifer. So far, YOU are the main one trying to slow this down.
The sure sign of a Christian in trouble are the words: "I feel _____."
Add in any word you like, and it will always be "sensual" of how "the flesh" feels through emotions.

So, is that what Christianity is to most here? About how one feels?
Faith is not about feelings, its about endurance to the end, in overcoming the flesh and the world through Jesus! Mark 13:13

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Add in any word you like, and it will always be "sensual" of how "the flesh" feels through emotions.

Faith is not about feelings, its about endurance to the end, in overcoming the flesh and the world through Jesus! Mark 13:13
Then why is there a need for mercy?

Reactions: Willie T

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I can definitely attest that I am better off than if I had attended these family celebrations the last four or five years. However, my sister has told me that she is practically ecstatic at how much better her life is without me there, and this has always really been the goal of our whole family. I've already written my mother a couple of emails pointing out that this is what we've always wanted. We've always wanted my sister to be happy. We spent decades trying not to tick her off, and it sounds like she's finally at peace with me gone. I just seemed to always trigger her.

I didn't trigger her at all the last ten years I was out there because I made a concerted effort not to make any trolling comments around her. The last ten years I was out there, she never blew up at me. This doesn't mean I didn't catch any collateral damage from her outbursts at my mother or anyone else. Evidently, that's still going on, but I'd like to think it's not as bad because I'm not there. I'm sure it's better because I'm at a point in my life where I'm not so sure I can take it anymore.

The reason I say this is because the last time I was out there for Christmas dinner. We decided to go to a restaurant one night. We were waiting for someone else to arrive, and I saw the basket of crackers next to my right arm, and was about to see if my mother wanted some crackers. As I was about to reach for them, I thought my sister might get offended if I didn't offer her any first so I asked her if she'd like some crackers. She became completely incensed, and said, "Why are you asking me if I want crackers?!!! Is it because I'm fat?!!! She then said that I was just trying to push her buttons, and trigger her. Then she got up and left. Ironically, she went home and ate crackers. I knew she loved crackers so it was bizarre to say the least.

At this point, I think I may have reached my limit, and perhaps there was some desire to detonate the bomb rather than tip toeing around trying to diffuse it. It was the last time I actually enjoyed a Christmas dinner with my mother.

All she had to do was say, "No thanks" and that would have been the end of it. I don't think my sister is fat either. She had been eating crackers all day before we went out to dinner. She loves crackers. I don't get it, but then I'm not supposed to. It's the PTSD. That's how crazy it can get. It's not anything that I can blame on her or me. It's just the way it is. She's had a decade or two of therapy to try and deal with it, but it doesn't seem like it's done much of anything. I know I've got it as well, but I just take some deep breathes and start counting. I found all sorts of techniques just in a few books at the library. I must have saved a cool $20 or $30k compared to what my sister has paid out to deal with her problems.

Thanks for the prayers. I feel pretty good knowing someone is praying about it.

The best technique is to reach out and call on Him...NOT that there is anything wrong with deep breaths :)

And for the record, I do not believe your sister is "just fine" because you are not there...she has a deep seated problem that needs more than mere therapy, esp. from this world - she needs some fervent and passionate prayer! That is what the Church is for :)

Nite

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You might want to take a few minutes to read the 23rd Psalm.
Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 23 - The Passion Translation

Reactions: Pearl

Jennifer

Nov 22, 2019
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Through faith do we trust God! Not by sight or by feelings!
But you act like you see my day to day life or something, you act like you know me, so where is your faith dude? What are you doing in your life today? Tell me what you do. I bet you are just as worst. You don't even know me anyway so why the subtle attacks? Man. Stop already. I don't need to hear all that cause I already know about my circumstances.

Reactions: Willie T