I feel like my soul is glowing!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robertson

Jun 11, 2013
I have recently decided, over the past few months, to strictly keep the commandments of God, to be sincere in my prayers and to pour out my whole soul to God on a daily basis, to study the sacred words of God regularly, and to follow any direction given to my by His Holy Spirit.... and guess what? I feel illuminated! I am filled with the Holy Spirit and I want to shout for joy! I have felt the power of the atonement and the cleansing power of repentance and forgiveness like never before as I strive to follow the Master and His teachings! I hope all of you experience the same. If you don't, I hope you decide to!

The thought occurred to me a couple months ago. I was thinking as to why I wasn't feeling like a true disciple of Christ and why the Spirit seemed to be missing from my life and it occurred to me that I had been forgetting my Savior and not keeping His commandments faithfully. Not that I was guilty of any serious sins, but that I was not making any effort to be a true disciple in all aspects of my life. As I thought about how to be closer to God, I realized that I am in school right now to be an accountant. When I decided I wanted to be an accountant, I looked at the requirements and what it would take to be one, and then I set my mind to it and started down that road. This is when I realized that if I want to be a saved being, if I want to live where God lives and be like Him, then I must do the things that will allow me to accomplish this. So I sent my mind to it and I am seeing the results now! Very fruitful results! And I praise Him for His love, His grace, and His mercy. I can now say that I am a firm disciple of His, that I love Him, and that He is my friend. He directs my life and I can't believe I sat on the fence for such a long time, being content to be a lukewarm Christian. I am on the Lord's side now, firmly and resolutely! I do not say this to boast, but to just plead with anyone who may be on the fence, trying to decide if you want to fully give your heart to the Lord... I plead, do not wait! Give up all your sins to know Him. Nothing else in the world is worth it. Nothing.
I love you all, Amen.

Reactions: Prentis

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
kxv27.gif
I understand what you are saying...The decision to put aside daily distractions and pursue God, enables his presence to be powerfully manifested in our lives and produces the peaceful fruit of righteousness...
mk3t7.gif

Blessings!!!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great posting everyone... I will praise to that!
clap.gif

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
Very refreshing!

Robertson: When I decided I wanted to be an accountant, I looked at the requirements and what it would take to be one, and then I set my mind to it and started down that road.

"Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it."

They're too many scriptures telling us we have to sell out 100%, to ignore.

It sounds like you, as an accountant , decided to consider the total cost of the project and make appropriate allocations.

Make a real 100% sell-out plan.
Think it over.
Punch the button and do it.

And that's when this scripture comes to life;

"For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

We have to put the yoke firmly on before things get easy.

yeshayahu

Sep 26, 2013
by one's words one is known...you know, you are, if you are in God..feel is for beginners...reflect