I figured out the beast and false prophet

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What?

Is even being talked about
Don't be troubled. If you're confused, then what you're hearing isn't from the Lord. We all tend to wander off track in this wilderness of opinion and often forget that this "community " should be a shelter for the brethren, not a battleground, not a center for heated debate, not a place to impress with our knowledge, but a fellowship of grace where the greatest remains the servant of all. I'm preaching to myself here and I'm preaching to the community. If I've ever confused you with any of my posts, I ask for your forgiveness. The same request is to all.
I've never really understood why the Lord has lead me into so many troubled places, when all I've ever wanted was a little peace. To be fair, there is peace in my heart, but those who steal it aren't from the world, but from the church at large. Don't let anyone steal your peace. It's far better to walk away than engage in unrighteousness yourself.
Are you familiar with the modern concept of "trolling?"
I don't see any bridges here, but there are plenty of trolls. The good thing about trolls is that they turn to stone in the light of day. "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."
In the end the light wins, love overcomes, and God's people sing together in unity, in harmony, and in love, all to Him, to His glory, to His purposes, with thanksgiving and praise, forever and ever. Amen

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should be as the Apostles were, upon receiving the breath of life.
Yes spiritually, but it takes time for the mind to be transformed through the word of God and the early church leaders delegated authority in practical matters in order to devote themselves to the study of the word. Even Peter was called out by Paul once for hypocrisy and we should all take that to heart.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I think a false prophet is ...

1. Identify the "Beast"
2. Identify the "Seven Heads"
3. Identify the "Ten Horns"
4. Identify WHY the Lion is the MOUTH
5. Identify WHY the Leopard (actually a "TIGER") is the BODY
6. Identify WHY the Bear is the FEET
7. Identify WHY Rev. 12 says SEVEN Diadems, but Rev. 13 says TEN Diadems​

... and after you demonstrate your "proficiency", -- then feel free to make a case for the "false prophet"

It is better to remain silent and be thought a "fool" than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Bobby Jo

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Novel isn't a realistic choice of words.

If you rely on a majority of Bible scholars to 'tell' you that Revelation 9:11 is pointing to Satan, you won't find that many. But you can find some, if commentaries is what you rely on for Bible understanding

(Fausset):

APOLLYON
("destroyer"). Satan (Rev 9:11. He is the tempter, in order that he may be at last the destroyer. The Greek translation of the Hebrew:
Abaddon
, (destruction). As the twofold names
Abba
(Hebrew:) Father (Greek) in Mark 14:36 combine Jew and Gentile in the common salvation, so Satan's two names
Abaddon
(Hebrew:) and
Apolluon
(Greek) combine them in a common destruction.
(from Fausset's Bible Dictionary, Electronic Database Copyright © 1998, 2003, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

From Jamieson, Fausset and Brown Commentary:
Revelation 9:11
A king ... which is the angel. So A 'Aleph (<START HEBREW>a<END HEBREW>) read the article before "angel." Translate, 'They have as king over them the angel,' etc.: Satan (cf. Rev 9:1). B omits the article, 'They have as king an angel,' etc.: some chief demon under Satan. I prefer, from Rev 9:1, the former.

Bottomless pit - 'abyss.'

Abaddon - i.e., destruction (Job 26:6; Prov 27:20). The locusts are supernatural-Satan's instruments to torment, yet not kill, the ungodly. As in the case of godly Job, Satan was allowed to torment with elephantiasis, but not to touch life. In Rev 9:20, these two woe-trumpets are called "plagues." Andreas of Cesarea, 500 A.D., held that the locusts mean evil spirits, permitted to come on earth and afflict men with various plagues.
(from Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown Commentary, Electronic Database. Copyright © 1997-2014 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

The name Apollyon in Rev.9:11 is from the base Greek word apollumi, which is used to describe the perishing of the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit, per Rev.11 and Rev.17:8 & 11. The key revelation in that is the fact that it shows that beast is already... assigned to perish, and just about anyone who has even lightly studied their Bible easily knows that's about Satan himself, for ONLY Satan and his angels have already been judged and sentenced to perish.

No flesh born man has been judged yet, or did you forget that God's Great White Throne Judgment of casting into the lake of fire is still yet future to us, and is when Satan is destroyed?

What’s interesting to me is that the locusts, and the 200 million man army are both groups of demons, not military attack helicopters, and not a horde of Chinese soldiers, as some prophecy teachers claim.

As demons mankind can’t see them when they’re turned loose, anymore than we can see demons today.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s interesting to me is that the locusts, and the 200 million man army are both groups of demons, not military attack helicopters, and not a horde of Chinese soldiers, as some prophecy teachers claim.

As demons mankind can’t see them when they’re turned loose, anymore than we can see demons today.

Assigning the Rev.9 locust army to literal military is a thing a lot on the false Pre-trib Rapture doctrine do. They believe Rev.9 is about the battle of Armageddon too. It is not. And it's very easy to know what timing Rev.9 is.

1. Lord Jesus gave the last 3 Trumpets each with a Woe attached to them, to mark events leading up to His return. It's to make sure we follow the order of events given 'within' each period.

2. Jesus showed in Rev.11 on the 7th Trumpet - 3rd Woe that He is returned at that point.

3. The locusts are first loosed on the 5th Trumpet - 1st Woe.

4. The Euphrates border is opened up on the 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe, and this Period continues into Rev.11 all the way up to God's two witnesses being raised up to Heaven, which signals the 7th Trumpet - 3rd Woe Period.

5. Per Lord Jesus' Olivet discourse, He showed the pseudo-Christ must come first, and even pointed to the "vile person" prophecy in Dan.11 about the one who sets up the "abomination of desolation" in a temple in Jerusalem for the end. Rev.13:11 forward shows this too about the "another beast". This is the beast of Rev.11 that ascends up out of the bottomless pit to kill God's two witnesses in Jerusalem. This points to the time of "great tribulation" happening within the 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe Period. (The Rev.10 chapter is a parenthetical chapter, a break from this subject to give other details. The Rev.9 events continue into the Rev.11 chapter.)