I have a question that remains unanswered:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is not God but is used by him to empower others and to accomplish his will.

God IS Holy.
God IS Spirit.
God IS Supreme Power.
Gods Supreme Power IS His Glory.
God "gives" His Glory to "noone".

When a man, HAS, power from God...it IS
Gods Power..."WITH" / "IN" that man.
The man, IS "receiving" A REFLECTION of Gods POWER....because "Gods Power IS;
"With / In" the man.

It's a parallel...SUN...SON
The SUN...bright, shinning, you can not STARE at the SUN, "and" yet you know it's there, you observe the "reflection" of its POWER...but you can not BE the SUN.
You can not Control, or Harness, Limit or Increase the Power of the SUN.

It's a parallel of the MOON...
The MOON has NO LIGHT of it's own.
The MOON is complete DARKNESS.
The MOON "only" receives "a Reflection" of Gods Light...ie the "SUN".

Man-KIND begins being formed in complete darkness.
Once born forth out of the womb, LIGHT begins to shine on him.
The babe does not BECOME the LIGHT...
The day, the sun, even electrical lights, can shine and reflect upon the babe...
God offers man-kind...A LIGHT, Gods LIGHT, Gods POWER, to be "WITH and ultimately IN' a man....WHO willingly so chooses by his own freewill to receive GODS POWER/LIGHT, "IN" him.

YES...the Holy Spirit, IS God.

Reactions: David in NJ

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The apostles were anointed with God's Spirit and so, like Jesus, were aware of people's thoughts and motives. So when this couple lied to Peter, they could not lie to the Holy Spirit in him.
The passage plainly says he lied to the Holy Spirit. So, how did he not lie to the Holy Spirit?

That is tantamount to lying to God.
That is what the passage says. When he lied to the Holy Spirit he was lying to God.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to be lumping me in with a Catholic-like view of the Godhead to which I do not subscribe.
How is your view of the Triune Godhead different than the Catholics?

This is not directed to you, Barney, but sometimes I think if the Catholics said poop stinks a Protestant somewhere would come up with a way to discredit their assertion, just because a Catholic, right or wrong, asserted it. I have much disdain for the Catholic church but if they get something right, well, they got something right! And that's what I think is going on with regard to the issue of the Trinity. The Catholics believed it so we have to disagree with it altogether.

Reactions: David in NJ

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why wouldn't I care?

My translator? I don't have any translators. I refer to roughly 45 different English translations.

See link here: John 8:58 - Parallel

I wouldn't contend that it is, but I have no quarrel with people who say it is.

Why do I get the feeling that you're not saying what you really mean here?
And why, oh why, do we have to do the "us-and-them" thing?

:);):cool::p:D

Why is it you took the verse out of context and tried to indicate that Jesus was claiming to be Jehovah then? Was it not because of the version you selected, as well as the men you chose to listen to? The fact remains the same, Jesus told them point blank, he existed before Abraham.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Robert Gwin

This link might be helpful, as well:

Exodus 3:14 Parallel: And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

God appears to be calling Himself "I AM" in this verse, does He not?

"I AM hath sent me unto you."

I'm not contending--just making an observation. The object of the sentence within a sentence--the one performing the action--is "I AM." Does it not appear to be so?

Again, why did you cut Him off? Finish what He actually said sir.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is your view of the Triune Godhead different than the Catholics?

This is not directed to you, Barney, but sometimes I think if the Catholics said poop stinks a Protestant somewhere would come up with a way to discredit their assertion, just because a Catholic, right or wrong, asserted it. I have much disdain for the Catholic church but if they get something right, well, they got something right! And that's what I think is going on with regard to the issue of the Trinity. The Catholics believed it so we have to disagree with it altogether.
Yes, I'm familiar with the genetic fallacy and I avoid it at all costs. I don't really know exactly how RCC views the triune God, but I do know they seem to sneak Mary in there somehow (that's why I used the term "Godhead" instead of the trinity) and that some scholars and theologians have accused them of borderline polytheism. I think a lot of that has to do with things like transubstantiation and other stuff like that. Perhaps it was unwise for me to even mention the RCC. I think as, unfortunately, some zealots have asserted, we may very well be having a somewhat concentrated visitation by the Kingdom Hall on our hands here. :)

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If all you're going to do is nitpick and exert your zealous imagination and presuppositions, I don't see how we can communicate effectively. Regardless of your agenda, I'm trying to understand you. All your talk of translators and contexts and insistence on Scripture interpretations is just making you look desperate. I'm not here to prove anything. I'm just quoting Scripture and making suggestions. I find your exacting and demanding questions confusing and somewhat hostile. Not to mention that you rarely address any of my questions or suggestions. Perhaps we should call it a day. I suppose that would be tantamount to a capitulation. lol :p

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am surprised you wouldn't know this. Because it was the pagans on Malta speaking and they believed in a pantheon of gods and assumed Paul was one of them.

John 1:17 ? 17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. Did you mean 1:18?

But if you wish I can get into all the boring details of Grammar and personal and impersonal nouns and how an anarthrous noun is determined to have an indefinite article added or not.

What I am referring to is the inconsistency in translation, true Paul is not God, neither is Jesus however both should have been rendered a god.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like you stated sir, the King James Version, not ours.
What is "ours?"
Why is it you took the verse out of context and tried to indicate that Jesus was claiming to be Jehovah then? Was it not because of the version you selected, as well as the men you chose to listen to?
What men?
Again, why did you cut Him off? Finish what He actually said sir.
Why the obsession with names? There is only one name given among men whereby we must be saved.

Reactions: amadeus

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it you took the verse out of context and tried to indicate that Jesus was claiming to be Jehovah then?
Context is grossly over-rated in hermeneutics. It can be helpful, but it is not King. Some verses just mean what they say, regardless of context.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
One of the success stories of RC deception has been to convince the world they're Trinitarian. They're not. They have more gods than the Greeks could count theirs. They believe NO Divine Truth, not God, not the Father, not the Son, not the Holy Spirit. By believing and worshipping a single "OTHER GOD" they deny defy despise deplore regret resent resist and reject, the God and Father of Christ our Lord and Saviour.

Reactions: amigo de christo

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Trick question?
confused0006.gif

Jesus is the "Son of God" in the flesh....there is no scripture that says Jesus is God incarnated.
Please show me where Jesus ever said that?
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." (John 1.14)
"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins." (John 8.24)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am referring to is the inconsistency in translation, true Paul is not God, neither is Jesus however both should have been rendered a god.

Who can save you, who do you serve, who can make your sin white as snow - grammar or the Truth?

Reactions: BarneyFife

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the success stories of RC deception has been to convince the world they're Trinitarian. They're not. They have more gods than the Greeks could count theirs. They believe NO Divine Truth, not God, not the Father, not the Son, not the Holy Spirit. By believing and worshipping a single "OTHER GOD" they deny defy despise deplore regret resent resist and reject, the God and Father of Christ our Lord and Saviour.
Well, at the very least they are quadriarian, I guess. Though they profess to be trinitarian. (How can do that while insisting Mary is God? Can they not count?)