I have a question that remains unanswered:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
christ has two natures
Divine
Human

That is very true, Jesus was entirely human for a period of 33.5 yrs and resided on earth. He was a spirit being prior to coming to earth, and returned to heaven as a spirit being.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus the savior?

is Jesus eternal?

Jesus is a savior, but I am going to have to ask you to define eternal. The Bible teaches that Jesus is immortal, which means he will last forever, is that what you meant by that term?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am one of Jehovah's witnesses
Why not just answer the question?
Lets just say that you are correct in thinking Jesus is God, then why would he not teach it Curt? Do you not think it better to obey his teachings, rather than what you read into it?
Maybe He preferred to live it rather than teach it. The goalposts just keep on a-movin'.

Quick wit doesn't equal orthodoxy, you know.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More self-contradictory, meaningless (mis)communication. You were the one appealing to context. I can't participate in much more of this talking in circles. It's very taxing on my nerves.
(Romans 10:13) . . .For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”
This business of the word "Jehovah" being used in the NT has been hashed over a thousand times. Are you really going to use that to justify an obsession with names?

New International Version
for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
New Living Translation
For “Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved.”
English Standard Version
For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Berean Study Bible
for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
New American Standard Bible
for “EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.”
NASB 1995
for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."
NASB 1977
for “WHOEVER WILL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.”
Amplified Bible
For “WHOEVER CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD [in prayer] WILL BE SAVED.”
Christian Standard Bible
For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
Holman Christian Standard Bible
Contemporary English Version
All who call out to the Lord will be saved.
Good News Translation
As the scripture says, "Everyone who calls out to the Lord for help will be saved."
GOD'S WORD® Translation
So then, "Whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
International Standard Version
"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
NET Bible
King James Bible
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
New King James Version
For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
King James 2000 Bible
New Heart English Bible
For, "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved."
World English Bible
For, "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved."
American King James Version
For whoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
American Standard Version
for, Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
A Faithful Version
For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Darby Bible Translation
For every one whosoever, who shall call on the name of the Lord, shall be saved.
English Revised Version
for, Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Webster's Bible Translation
For whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Geneva Bible of 1587
For whosoeuer shall call vpon the Name of the Lord, shalbe saued.
Bishops' Bible of 1568
For whosoeuer shall call on the name of the Lorde, shalbe saued.
Coverdale Bible of 1535
For who so euer shal call vpon the name of the LORDE, shalbe saued.
Tyndale Bible of 1526
For whosoever shall call on the name of the lorde shalbe safe.
Literal Standard Version
for “Everyone who, if he may have called on the Name of the LORD, will be saved.”
Berean Literal Bible
for, "Whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord will be saved."
Young's Literal Translation
for every one -- whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, he shall be saved.'
Smith's Literal Translation
For every one whoever should call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Literal Emphasis Translation
For each and every one that will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.
Douay-Rheims Bible
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved.
Catholic Public Domain Version
For all those who have called upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Lamsa Bible
For whoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be saved.
Anderson New Testament
For every one that calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Godbey New Testament
For every one who may call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Haweis New Testament
?For every one shall be saved, whosoever calleth on the name of the Lord.?
Mace New Testament
"whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved."
Weymouth New Testament
For "every one, without exception, who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Worrell New Testament
for, "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Worsley New Testament

NO "JEHOVAH" HERE

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is a savior, but I am going to have to ask you to define eternal. The Bible teaches that Jesus is immortal, which means he will last forever, is that what you meant by that term?
English dictionaries generally define eternity as time that has no beginning nor end.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is very true, Jesus was entirely human for a period of 33.5 yrs and resided on earth. He was a spirit being prior to coming to earth, and returned to heaven as a spirit being.
Declarations without scriptural evidence can be impressive, but not very convincing to the critical thinking-minded. The Bible does not say that Christ was a spirit being before His incarnation, and it does say He was in Human form after His resurrection, with no indication that He was transformed at His ascension.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, last time I checked..............................................................................................

1Jn 5:11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.

then He is God

Lk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, just an explanation about how God’s spirit is used throughout the whole Bible, without the trinity getting in the way of understanding the truth.

The Bible explains itself if you let it. Doctrine does not override scripture, nor in a lot of cases does it incorporate it as much as some people might assume.

So, to support your religion, The Word who was in the Beginning with God was "a god" and Jesus is "a savior".

Have you ever read: Deut 4:1-2, Proverbs 30:5-6 and Revelation 22:18-19

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God
Uncreated and eternal in his divine nature
His human nature is from Mary

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

savior is God
Lk 1:47

Reactions: David in NJ

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one born of a virgin, said Isaiah. How many people have been born of a virgin?

Many. Years ago, my roommate compiled a list of ancient mythology where all these virgins were impregnated by various gods.

Are you even aware the ‘virgin’ translation in Isaiah is not accurate? My 86 yo friend recalled the outrage when half a century ago, a translation his church adopted replaced virgin with young girl.

Point is Isaiah is a monotheist who did not even write in the verses you cited about Jesus or the Messiah. Didn’t I provide the link to that article?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
V for verse Okay, now I know.

but that is true about the Son of Man. It is a Messianic title from th ebook of Daniel.
well, imo there are problems with that, as now you are saying that Jesus came declaring that He was Yah, also the “indefinite” son of man defined in (primarily) Ezekiel, and even used to refer to Ezekiel, is now made into the definite “one like a son of man” in Daniel, so i dunno.

got a link that might help establish your pov? I looked for one yesterday, had no luck
Son of man | Wikiwand

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point is Isaiah is a monotheist who did not even write in the verses you cited about Jesus or the Messiah. Didn’t I provide the link to that article?
The problem is, my friend, which version of history is true? How do we determine?

Begging the question, isn't it?

So there's this question of yours that I seem to have sidestepped, but I don't remember what it was, do you? :)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many. Years ago, my roommate compiled a list of ancient mythology where all these virgins were impregnated by various gods.

Are you even aware the ‘virgin’ translation in Isaiah is not accurate? My 86 yo friend recalled the outrage when half a century ago, a translation his church adopted replaced virgin with young girl.

Bible 101 - satan mimmicks God and duplicates Prophecy for his own purposes - see Genesis and the Serpent in the Garden.

Reactions: Stumpmaster

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is, my friend, which version of history is true? How do we determine?

Wow! It is not about versions of history. The fact is Isaiah was a monotheist. All the Bible authors were monotheists. Their writing must be read within that context.

After 1,000 years Trinitarian’s attempted to revise the meaning of Isaiah. Fortunately for us, the Jews are still with us preserving the pre-Trinitarian history. Fortunately, the words are still there.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Son it as hard as you can.

Jesus is the son who is the mighty god and everlasting father, the son to whom who the father said, thy throne, oh god, is forever.