I have a question that remains unanswered:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Demonstrably untrue! The successors lack miraculous signs.

When attila the hun and his massive army was sacking Italy and then came to Rome who was it that when out to stop him, (not unlike david verses Goliath) a great army no, it was pope saint Leo the great, (a successors to saint peter) a frail old man alone withstood this anti-Christian monster and prevailed, attila the hun and his armies fled in terror after seeing giant angles defending pope Leo and rome!

Saint Paul of the cross performed 7 miracles everyday

acts 1:26 Mathias is a successor to the apostle judas by the authority of Christ excercised by the apostles

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
That is a fantastically great explanation sir. I fully understand why you answered that way. I am not saying I agree with it, as in my opinion would make God biased and unfair, as well as the gathering did not begin until after Jesus' death. I fully agree that the positions are to be held during the millennium as you indicated.

He can't be biased and unfair, as He's not a respecter of persons, what one needs to understand is that some, ie, the elect were justified before they were born of woman . His elect does not have free will

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Father and the Son are not One from the unity of faith and neither are we one with Christ and God by faith.

Sinners come to Salvation through Grace and faith in what God has said = but this alone is not what makes us One with HIM.

ELOHIM is Three = Father Son Holy Spirit these Three are ONE Elohim

In those days Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. As soon as Jesus came up out of the water, He saw the heavens breaking open and the Spirit descending on Him like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”
ALL THREE Together as ONE = Spirit descending + Voice from Heaven(Father) + upon the Son = 3 are ONE Elohim

Just as the Scripture declares from Genesis to Exodus to the Gospels to Revelation

We disagree David.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He can't be biased and unfair, as He's not a respecter of persons, what one needs to understand is that some, ie, the elect were justified before they were born of woman . His elect does not have free will

The election process is the mystery of faith. To 'justify' people before they are born is the ultimate in bias and unfairness. No, I think the term does not apply in the election process unless one wants to misapply it, e.g., justified by preference in food, taste in music, faith, brands worn or being a night owl or morning person - not just now but before these things were done.

Of course, God is outside of time, which means our understanding of cause and effect does not apply to Him.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
, but Mary went on to have other children, so she didn't remain a virgin.
That is the tradition of men!
Scriptures that refer to Jesus' brothers:

(Mat 12:46) While he was yet speaking to the multitudes, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, seeking to speak to him.
(Mat 13:55) Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother called Mary, and his brothers, James, Joses, Simon, and Judas?
(Joh 2:12) After this, he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, his brothers, and his disciples; and they stayed there a few days.
(Joh 7:3) His brothers therefore said to him, “Depart from here, and go into Judea, that your disciples also may see your works which you do.
(Joh 7:5) For even his brothers didn’t believe in him.
(Joh 7:10) But when his brothers had gone up to the feast, then he also went up, not publicly, but as it were in secret.
(Act 1:14) All these with one accord continued steadfastly in prayer and supplication, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.
(1Co 9:5) Have we no right to take along a wife who is a believer, even as the rest of the apostles, and the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?

The Cambridge Bible notes on Jesus' brothers:
his brethren] Probably the sons of Joseph and Mary. It is certain that no other view would ever have been propounded except for the assumption that the blessed Virgin remained ever-virgin.
Two theories have been mooted in support of this assumption. (1) The “brethren of the Lord” were His cousins, being sons of Cleophas (or Alphæus), and Mary, a sister of the Virgin Mary. (2) They were sons of Joseph by a former marriage.
Neither of these theories derives any support from the direct words of Scripture, and some facts tend to disprove either. The second theory is the least open to objection on the ground of language, and of the facts of the gospel.​

The Apostle John (whom Jesus told to consider Mary as his mother) wrote a letter to Mary - 2 John:

(2Jn 1:1) The elder, to the chosen lady and her children, whom I love in truth; and not I only, but also all those who know the truth;

Ark of the new covenant!
The dwelling place of God!
God dwelt in Mary’s womb for 9 months, remember the ark was incorruptible wood covered with pure gold signifying Mary’s immaculate purity!
God never dwelt in the Ark. God's laws (10 commandments) were in the ark. God appeared in a cloud on/above the the mercy seat. The ark of the covenant was/is God's throne on the earth

(Exo 25:22) There I will meet with you, and I will tell you from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are on the ark of the testimony, all that I command you for the children of Israel.
(Lev 16:2) and Yahweh said to Moses, “Tell Aaron your brother, not to come at all times into the Most Holy Place within the veil, before the mercy seat which is on the ark; lest he die: for I will appear in the cloud on the mercy seat.

Lk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

(This verse imply’s that Mary is consecrated to God alone! and has taken a vow of perpetual virginity!
No, it doesn't imply that. You frequently read into verses things that are not there!

But don't fret over it - it's not important. Jesus said, Matthew 12 (WEB):
47) One said to him, “Behold, your mother and your brothers stand outside, seeking to speak to you.”
48) But he answered him who spoke to him, “Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?”
49) He stretched out his hand towards his disciples, and said, “Behold, my mother and my brothers!
50) For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother.”​

Last edited:
Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(Mat 12:46) While he was yet speaking to the multitudes, behold, his mother and his brothers stood outside, seeking to speak to him.
(Mat 13:55) Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother called Mary, and his brothers, James, Joses, Simon, and Judas?
(Joh 2:12) After this, he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, his brothers, and his disciples; and they stayed there a few days.
(Joh 7:3) His brothers therefore said to him, “Depart from here, and go into Judea, that your disciples also may see your works which you do.
(Joh 7:10) But when his brothers had gone up to the feast, then he also went up, not publicly, but as it were in secret.
(Act 1:14) All these with one accord continued steadfastly in prayer and supplication, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.
(1Co 9:5) Have we no right to take along a wife who is a believer, even as the rest of the apostles, and the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?

his brethren] Probably the sons of Joseph and Mary. It is certain that no other view would ever have been propounded except for the assumption that the blessed Virgin remained ever-virgin.
Two theories have been mooted in support of this assumption. (1) The “brethren of the Lord” were His cousins, being sons of Cleophas (or Alphæus), and Mary, a sister of the Virgin Mary. (2) They were sons of Joseph by a former marriage.
Neither of these theories derives any support from the direct words of Scripture, and some facts tend to disprove either. The second theory is the least open to objection on the ground of language, and of the facts of the gospel.​

The Apostle John (whom Jesus told to consider Mary as his mother) wrote a letter to Mary - 2 John:

(2Jn 1:1) The elder, to the chosen lady and her children, whom I love in truth; and not I only, but also all those who know the truth;

God never dwelt in the Ark. God's laws (10 commandments) were in the ark. God appeared in a cloud on/above the the mercy seat. The ark of the covenant was/is God's throne on the earth

(Exo 25:22) There I will meet with you, and I will tell you from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are on the ark of the testimony, all that I command you for the children of Israel.
(Lev 16:2) and Yahweh said to Moses, “Tell Aaron your brother, not to come at all times into the Most Holy Place within the veil, before the mercy seat which is on the ark; lest he die: for I will appear in the cloud on the mercy seat.

No, it doesn't imply that. You frequently read into verse things that are not there!

47) One said to him, “Behold, your mother and your brothers stand outside, seeking to speak to you.”
48) But he answered him who spoke to him, “Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?”
49) He stretched out his hand towards his disciples, and said, “Behold, my mother and my brothers!
50) For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother.”​

Very Good make one correction and you have Perfection.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Show me the original manuscripts
I don't have access to the original manuscripts! Do your own research. From Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Epistle_of_John):

A Trinitarian gloss (marginal note) known as the Johannine Comma, added to Latin translations of the epistle in the 4th century,[22] was interpolated (added to the main text) within 1 John 5:7-8 over the course of the Middle Ages.[22] Although no Greek manuscripts before the 15th century include the passage, Erasmus added it to later editions of his edition of the New Testament, beginning in 1522.[23] Bibles translated from his edition integrate the passage, including the King James Version (1611), which renders it as follows (in italics):​

7For there are three that beare record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8And there are three that beare witnesse in earth, the Spirit, and the Water, and the Blood, and these three agree in one.[24]

Translations made since the 18th century and based on a critical edition do not include this text, or include it as a footnote. Because the addition supports the doctrine of trinitarianism, it featured in Protestant and Catholic debates on this subject in the early modern period.​

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was baptized at 16 in a font (16 days of course)
That's not baptism - it's a man made tradition called Christening. To be baptised into Jesus' death you have to believe in Jesus, and believe Jesus. At 16 days old nobody has any knowledge of Jesus or faith in Jesus - that's a gift we receive from God after He has called us. I encourage you to get baptised (full immersion in water).

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
the “tradition of men” is the modern ones like those under king James who negated the word of God with no authority from Christ deleting many books and chapters

ever read of susana Daniel 13?
Yes, I have read it (and all of the Apocrypha, once).

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments
Jesus said, "Sanctify them in your truth. Your word is truth" (John 17:17).

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, it doesn't imply that. You frequently read into verses things that are not there!

Updated for you:

Very Good - Mary was betrothed to Joseph and after Jesus was born, Joseph and Mary fulfilled their marriage vows they made together, as Husband and Wife, before God.

Now ask and pray to the LORD for the one correction and you have Perfection.

Reactions: Nancy

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

please clarify you’re statement on free will?

what do you mean by this?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never disagree with the Word - HE always speaks the Truth

If you disagree with HIS words you cannot be sanctified.

You cannot be One with the LORD as he prayed in John chapter 17

May I ask you David, who was Jesus praying to in John 17? What God did he make known His name v 6,26

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I ask you David, who was Jesus praying to in John 17? What God did he make known His name v 6,26

Simple Truth for Children - the Word that became flesh and dwelt among us, the only begotten Son of God, was praying to His Father = LIKE begets LIKE

Question: What are the riches of His Glory that He prayed in John 17?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All men have free will!

what do you think not a respecter of persons means?

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord….

Ex. 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, the Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

1. Luke 1:55
    As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

2. Luke 1:73
    The oath which he sware to our fatherAbraham,

1. John 8:56
    Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

2. Acts 3:13
    The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

now you say “call no man father”

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(May be brothers but not children of Mary, Lk 1:34)

Who is this lady? If Mary the children would be her spiritual children

Behold thy mother!

What does Behold in scripture mean?

A marvelous thing!
A miraculous action!
A wonder!
An awe inspiring declaration!

Behold thy mother!

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so, he is not even speaking to John, scripture says He is addressing the disciple, therefore it applies to all disciples.

Jesus is making Mary spiritual mother to all disciples! And all disciples take Her into thier home, And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!

What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He gave Mary to be the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation! Behold, I make all things new!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

the ark is the dwelling place and God did make Mary his deep place for 9 months
Must be pure holy and immaculate
Gen 3:15 Lk 1:28 rev 12:1

it makes no sense without it Lk 1:34

not important
It’s the utmost importance

Mary identify’s Christ
Isa 7:14 Mary is the sign that only God may be born of a virgin

Christ is not known cos Mary is not known

Praise of Mary and the saints redounds to the glory of God and Christ, co Mary and the saints are what God made them, it is His handiwork (Lk 1:49 Lk 1:28) and the graces they have come from the merits of Christ’s passion and death

Likewise an Attack on Mary and the saints, or the authority of the apostles or the church or rejection of such doctrines is and attack on God and on Christ!
Acts 9:4 Jude 1:3

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

In Mexico cos of Mary as our lady of Guadeloupe 9 million natives came out of paganism into faith in Christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not baptism - it's a man made tradition called Christening. To be baptised into Jesus' death you have to believe in Jesus, and believe Jesus. At 16 days old nobody has any knowledge of Jesus or faith in Jesus - that's a gift we receive from God after He has called us. I encourage you to get baptised (full immersion in water).
Immersion is acceptable but not required
Ez 36:25-27 I will sprinkle…

Christian ritual of baptism:
Immersion, sprinkling, pour pure water over the forehead three time with the words, I baptize thee in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit! Ez 36:25-27 Mk 16:16 Matt 28:19 Acts 2:38-39 Acts 8:36-38 Acts 22:16
1 Pet 3:21

if it’s not possible for an infant to believe then that part is not required but the parents must pledge to teach the child the faith of Christ and when he reaches the age of reason be confirmed in the faith

Acts 2:38-39 this promise refers to ez 36 is to your children

Acts 16:15 does say except infants!