I have a question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I eventually come to believing in your God, would you be satisfied at that point God has me wrapped up in his salvation? (I ask this because many times I have witnessed people who after coming to a belief in God, end up bound by the others involved who can't let go, to let their God)
Final judgement on people belongs to God alone. That is not me. I will give my opinion and belief.

When someone honestly wants my help and I believe that I have something to fill their need, I am willing to help. However, when a person does come to God but does not solicit help it is not my way to press them about it... even if I believe he could use some help.

I do not believe in what people have designated as OSAS [Once Saved Always Saved]. I believe that when a person has come to God he needs to grow closer to God for as long as he had time to do so. To not grow is to be like still water with no outlet. It will eventually stagnate and no longer support life at all.

What I do believe is that God provides for believers the help necessary for the them to grow via the Holy Spirit/Ghost. Too many people who have come to God have then learned/been taught to quench the Spirit and fill the pews of church buildings with effectively dead [in the eyes of God] people. They have become zombies, walking and talking, but having no real Life, the Life which Jesus brought to people who had never really been Alive.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Of course. But divine promises come with conditions. And one of those conditions is that you believe that God is, and is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Atheism won't cut it.
Atheism is only my rational position on God, it's never been about living a particular lifestyle that fits into a social club.

talico

Aug 8, 2021
La
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can I rely on the promises God makes in the Bible or not?
Only if you meet the conditions they were made to you.
Many claim to have a covenant with God.
Even so they do not meet the conditions of it
so therefore it is worthless to them.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But can I expect/hold God on the conditions of what he does promise? Or is that impossible?
YES, yes and yes.....But....Without faith it is impossible....Faith can move mountains...Faith that endures will receive its reward....
Faith is what brings the manifestation of His promises into your life.
You gotta have faith. :)

talico

Aug 8, 2021
La
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YES, yes and yes.....But....Without faith it is impossible....Faith can move mountains...Faith that endures will receive its reward....
Do you have the faith to believe this from your own bible?
Numbers 14:34
After the number of the days in which ye searched the land,
even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities,
even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have the faith to believe this from your own bible?
I have faith in God in all His promises....I do not doubt for I know He wouldn't say something He didn't mean.
Here is a short version of my testimony
And ON TOP OF THAT....when I was 24 I fell on my face and cried out and said I give up....this Christianity thing is too hard...no matter how hard I try I always mess up....
And the next thing that happened was I heard His voice for the 1st time in my life and He said Patty...who you think I am....He said...I am your Father and as you love your daughter so much more do I love you (it's incomprehensible)...
As your daughter grows up she will mess up but you will never stop loving her....(it's what mother's do)...He said as your Father i will never stop loving you or forsake you....
Come to me daily, talk to me, repent of your sins...I am faithful and just to forgive...tell me what's on your heart....I am your Father.

And that freed me from condemnation....never again have I feared losing my salvation.

talico

Aug 8, 2021
La
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have faith in God in all His promises....I do not doubt for I know He wouldn't say something He didn't mean.
Here is a short version of my testimony
And ON TOP OF THAT....when I was 24 I fell on my face and cried out and said I give up....this Christianity thing is too hard...no matter how hard I try I always mess up....
And the next thing that happened was I heard His voice for the 1st time in my life and He said Patty...who you think I am....He said...I am your Father and as you love your daughter so much more do I love you (it's incomprehensible)...
As your daughter grows up she will mess up but you will never stop loving her....(it's what mother's do)...He said as your Father i will never stop loving you or forsake you....
Come to me daily, talk to me, repent of your sins...I am faithful and just to forgive...tell me what's on your heart....I am your Father.

And that freed me from condemnation....never again have I feared losing my salvation.

Do you believe that God breached his promise as stated here in your own bible?
A. Yes
B. No
C. I do not know

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A. Yes
B. No
C. I do not know
I know in this scripture God spoke through the prophet Moses to the Israel people who had forsaken Him to worship pagan idols.
I do not worship anyone but Him.
And if you read further on in Hosea God speaks through His prophet to the people of Israel and gives them comfort...
Hosea 14 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ O Israel, return unto the LORD thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity.
² Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips.
³ Asshur shall not save us; we will not ride upon horses: neither will we say any more to the work of our hands, Ye are our gods: for in thee the fatherless findeth mercy.
⁴ I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.
⁵ I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon.

⁶ His branches shall spread, and his beauty shall be as the olive tree, and his smell as Lebanon.
⁷ They that dwell under his shadow shall return; they shall revive as the corn, and grow as the vine: the scent thereof shall be as the wine of Lebanon.
⁸ Ephraim shall say, What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard him, and observed him: I am like a green fir tree. From me is thy fruit found.
⁹ Who is wise, and he shall understand these things? prudent, and he shall know them? for the ways of the LORD are right, and the just shall walk in them: but the transgressors shall fall therein.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A. Yes
B. No
C. I do not know
Now I am going to quote Numbers in proper context....
Numbers 14 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²⁶ And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,
²⁷ How long shall I bear with this evil congregation, which murmur against me? I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against me.
²⁸ Say unto them, As truly as I live, saith the LORD, as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you:
²⁹ Your carcases shall fall in this wilderness; and all that were numbered of you, according to your whole number, from twenty years old and upward, which have murmured against me,
³⁰ Doubtless ye shall not come into the land, concerning which I sware to make you dwell therein, save Caleb the son of Jephunneh, and Joshua the son of Nun.
³¹ But your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, them will I bring in, and they shall know the land which ye have despised.
³² But as for you, your carcases, they shall fall in this wilderness.
³³ And your children shall wander in the wilderness forty years, and bear your whoredoms, until your carcases be wasted in the wilderness.
³⁴ After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise.
³⁵ I the LORD have said, I will surely do it unto all this evil congregation, that are gathered together against me: in this wilderness they shall be consumed, and there they shall die.
³⁶ And the men, which Moses sent to search the land, who returned, and made all the congregation to murmur against him, by bringing up a slander upon the land,
³⁷ Even those men that did bring up the evil report upon the land, died by the plague before the LORD.
³⁸ But Joshua the son of Nun, and Caleb the son of Jephunneh, which were of the men that went to search the land, lived still.
³⁹ And Moses told these sayings unto all the children of Israel: and the people mourned greatly.

Reactions: amadeus

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@talico I am sure you are familiar with how God made the people of Israel wonder in the wilderness for 40 years because of their murmuring....
So everytime they provoked God to anger He chastised them in some manner.
But....HOWEVER....In spite of their continued disobedience....He forgave them and would turn their suffering away until they would do it again....

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@talico....are you unable to see how merciful and patient God is with His people...He chooses to continue to forgive them...OVER AND OVER AND OVER again...because He loves us so much.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Only if you meet the conditions they were made to you.
Many claim to have a covenant with God.
Even so they do not meet the conditions of it
so therefore it is worthless to them.
I understand that.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That's a lot of yes's. I only need one :p

Reactions: Heart2Soul

talico

Aug 8, 2021
La
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@talico....are you unable to see how merciful and patient God is with His people...He chooses to continue to forgive them...OVER AND OVER AND OVER again...because He loves us so much.
Your theology is flawed. The reason being is because you cannot accept the truth.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Thought Bubble.
(I tell you this, I personally don't like giving anybody a promise about anything anymore. Well because after breaking enough of them in my lifetime, I don't feel comfortable getting somebody's hopes up, and the repercussions of not fullfilling everything to the agreement I signed)

talico

Aug 8, 2021
La
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thought Bubble.
(I tell you this, I personally don't like giving anybody a promise about anything anymore. Well because after breaking enough of them in my lifetime, I don't feel comfortable getting somebody's hopes up, and the repercussions of not fullfilling everything to the agreement I signed)
Why are you an atheist?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thought Bubble.

Hebrews 11 is a good chapter on faith and hope. God is all powerful and righteous to fulfill His promises, unlike man. He is "I AM"

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the men of old gained approval. By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible. By faith Abel offered to God a better sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained the testimony that he was righteous, God testifying about his gifts, and through faith, though he is dead, he still speaks. By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; and he was not found because God took him up; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God. And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him."
Hebrews 11:1‭-‬6 NASB1995
Hebrews 11:1-6 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the men of old gained approval. By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so | New American Standard Bible - NASB 1995 (NASB1995) | Download The Bible App Now

Reactions: farouk