I have no wrath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus took the sting of God's anger and wrath.

Correction , as with a stupid naughty child is never ( or should never be) be in wrath or anger... the chastising Hand is in, and by Love.

Yes He did, but to only those that accept His offer of salvation that is offered in Christ.(but you know this)

Blessings, most loved one of God.

Much love in Christ, Not me

B

brakelite

Isa 28:21 For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.

When I read the above and compare it with other scriptures depicting God's love and mercy, I tend to think that wrath is not something that is either natural nor welcome as being a part of God's repertoire of attributes, but something necessary to preserve the holiness and sanctity of creation.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah 27:4 (NASB)
"I have no wrath. Should someone give Me briars and thorns in battle, Then I would step on them, I would burn them completely.

Let us paraphrase this;

Though someone sins, I will punish and will burn and destroy them completely, yet I have no wrath.

God says; “He has no wrath.” ??

How can such a thing be? For scripture speaks greatly of the “wrath of God”

Than this begs the question what is the “wrath of God?”

That which is called in scripture the “wrath of God” is that thing that is experienced when something that is not perfect touches perfection.

When that man in the OT reached out to steady the Ark he instantly died for the wrath of God consumed him. Why?

Because it was the natural result of something that was not perfect (sinful) coming in contact with perfection. For God’s presence was really and truly in the Ark and no evil or sinful or any thing that has any disorder in it of any kind can touch or stand before the Presence of the God of Perfection.

For the wrath of God can only be experienced by that which is not perfect, by that which is under the curse. By that which has fallen from it’s first state of perfection. For all things came forth from God in a perfect state. It is the fall that manifested that thing that was contrary to God. Which bringing forth manifested the experience of wrath to that creature that has lost it’s first state of perfection.

For God is love and in Him dwells no darkness or any evil thing. Wrath being what it is by nature is precluded from being in the Divine Nature itself. It is something that can only be manifested to that thing that would come against perfect love, (which is what God is.) For perfect love is alone that thing that is perfect and perfect love demands that it share itself with all so that it’s perfection of existence might be experienced by all. This is why God calls Himself a consuming fire. For His Divine Nature is a consuming desire to share His perfect love with all.

This is why He warned against any and all creatures touching the Holy Mountain as His presence descended, not that He was angry but to protect all from His presence for He knew that no fallen creature could come into His Presence of perfect love and live, unless they had the same nature as His which is the Divine Nature.

The Divine Nature come to birth in us (which is what salvation is) is perfection of love come to birth in us. Which Divine Nature can never experience the “wrath of God” for it is perfect as our Heavenly Father is perfect. Free from all things of darkness free from all things that would cause anything but love to be manifested for all eternity.

For the God of love says;

“I have no wrath”

Blessings to all, for in our God there is no wrath, but only love, with which He wishes to share with all His creatures. To all that are willing to receive Him, He gave power to become His son’s and daughter’s, so that they too might become as He is, and walk in perfect love.

The same idea is found in sermons by George MacDonald and in his children’s book on death ‘The Back of the North Wind’

Reactions: Not me and Helen

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 28:21 For the LORD shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.

When I read the above and compare it with other scriptures depicting God's love and mercy, I tend to think that wrath is not something that is either natural nor welcome as being a part of God's repertoire of attributes, but something necessary to preserve the holiness and sanctity of creation.

The wrath of God does exist, it was, to what is the wrath of God, that I wrote. How a Good and Prefect Being, who Himself is all love and Who can only put forth works of love, can be said to have wrath. I thought it was common understanding that in Him was no wrath, seeing how that fact is true, wrath itself isn’t in the Divine Nature, so it has to be something that only nature fallen could experience.

Anyways liked your thoughts.

Blessings,

The same idea is found in sermons by George MacDonald and in his children’s book on death ‘The Back of the North Wind’

Unfamiliar with said author. But truth is truth, there are no versions of truth, so it’s not surprising this thought has been brought forth before. Light and darkness, good and evil do exist, and the touching of the contrary’s is wrath. But whether someone agrees or doesn’t agree it matters little unless the Lord build the house.

So blessing to you as we press into this One Who gave us His all.

Reactions: aspen

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wrath of God does exist, it was, to what is the wrath of God, that I wrote. How a Good and Prefect Being, who Himself is all love and Who can only put forth works of love, can be said to have wrath. I thought it was common understanding that in Him was no wrath, seeing how that fact is true, wrath itself isn’t in the Divine Nature, so it has to be something that only nature fallen could experience.

Anyways liked your thoughts.

Blessings,

Unfamiliar with said author. But truth is truth, there are no versions of truth, so it’s not surprising this thought has been brought forth before. Light and darkness, good and evil do exist, and the touching of the contrary’s is wrath. But whether someone agrees or doesn’t agree it matters little unless the Lord build the house.

So blessing to you as we press into this One Who gave us His all.

George MacDonald inspired authors like Chesterton and CS Lewis, who borrowed heavily in his Narnia books.

Reactions: Helen and Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
George MacDonald inspired authors like Chesterton and CS Lewis, who borrowed heavily in his Narnia books.

I’ve read some CS Lewis and the Narina series. Enjoyed reading from both. Have a great evening. :)

Blessings,

Reactions: aspen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wrath of God is, as I stated the natural result of what happens when something that is not perfect touches perfection.

Many people touched Christ during his ministry.

Reactions: Helen and Episkopos

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wrath of God is, as I stated the natural result of what happens when something that is not perfect touches perfection.

The reason (I feel) that man could touch the Son of God which was Who Christ was when He was on this earth. Was because He laid aside all His glory and humbled Himself and became a servant to all. Thereby bringing Himself down to our level so we could actually see, know and touch Him and have fellowship with Him.

(my thoughts)

But blessings as we search into these truths.

Last edited:

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wrath of God is, as I stated the natural result
of what happens when something that is not perfect touches perfection.

And what happened to them when they touched Jesus Christ? Any wrath?
Sorry, my Father has no so-called wrath....anyone can believe what past, early men believed, interpreted from
their little, superstitious perspective of fear...go ahead.
I have no care to change your minds, it seems useless after yrs on forums...but I will disagree.
I must say these same writers thought a comet was a chariot in the sky and at the same time,
elsewhere, others were throwing virgins into volcanoes to appease the angry gods.
Why, these same writers had no idea where the sun disappeared to.

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, my Father has no so-called wrath....anyone can believe what past, early men believed, interpreted from
I have no care to change your minds, it seems useless after yrs on forums...but I will disagree.
I must say these same writers thought a comet was a chariot in the sky and at the same time,
elsewhere, others were throwing virgins into volcanoes to appease the angry gods.

Be careful Miss Hepburn your personal relationship with Christ is showing....And it is a most blessed thing to see.

That this personal relationship with this One who died to set us free. That this relationship might grow and abound and so consume all those that would be willing. That it could be made true in all our lives;

“All of Him and nothing of me”

Many blessings,

Last edited:
Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Agree. We can't have it both ways.
If as the bible shows, God poured out all judgement on Jesus Christ , who came here to 'take-it' ...how can God accept His offering/sacrifice as done...and also still have wrath. No way.

Anything after the cross, is correction unto righteousness. It is redemptive.
Chastisement...to get on the straight path. The loving Father giving a smack in teaching a child. Not in destruction.

...H

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree. We can't have it both ways.
If as the bible shows, God poured out all judgement on Jesus Christ , who came here to 'take-it' ...how can God accept His offering/sacrifice as done...and also still have wrath. No way.

Anything after the cross, is correction unto righteousness. It is redemptive.
Chastisement...to get on the straight path. The loving Father giving a smack in teaching a child. Not in destruction.

...H

Blessings ByGrace, May your day be filled will all of God’s love and may you abound in all good things.

Reactions: Helen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting study.

The word "wrath" or "fury" in the original language is defined as:

heat, rage, hot displeasure, indignation, anger, wrath, poison, bottles
heat
fever
venom, poison
burning anger, rage​

I wouldn't exactly say that this passage is a "love" statement from God. I would more paraphrase that God is saying "I'm not mad, but I am going to have my way, and nothing else."

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Interesting study.

The word "wrath" or "fury" in the original language is defined as:

heat, rage, hot displeasure, indignation, anger, wrath, poison, bottles
heat
fever
venom, poison
burning anger, rage​

I wouldn't exactly say that this passage is a "love" statement from God. I would more paraphrase that God is saying "I'm not mad, but I am going to have my way, and nothing else."

So, you see no difference this side of the Cross?
I can't agree, I don't usually disagree with you..but I will have to this time :D

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you see no difference this side of the Cross?
I can't agree, I don't usually disagree with you..but I will have to this time :D
For you Helen...I will elaborate :)

I take the passage not to be about wrath or love, but more about God saying the wrath or fury that we may experience is not the result of who or what He is, but rather of what we are.

And the reason I did not want to agree with it being about the love of God, was that I believe that takes the pendulum to the other extreme that He was making the point of avoiding. In other words, if He was speaking of not taking wrath, the subject is not love, but the lack of wrath. And while it is not wrong to consider that an act of love, I do not believe that was the point. So, yes, it is never correct to say that God is not love...but that was not the context, but rather the opposite by subject.

So, like a parent who says "This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you", such is love. But the subject is wrath, and yet not because wrath is His nature, but rather the circumstance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I said was the last sentence in the post.

B

brakelite

Yes, there was wrath...against sin...against the disease and handicaps that bound those suffering that sought His help...against hypocrisy...wherever that wrath was revealed, there was justice. And in some cases, mercy. Wrath is not just anger against the unrepentant...it is also against the effects of sin, the effects of the malignancy of Satan's attacks upon man, the effects of living in a fallen world. For the repentant, wrath heals. For the unrepentant, wrath destroys.