I have worked out what Jesus meant, when He said "they shall go in and out, and find pasture" (John 10:9)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So I can make this fairly simple: there is a reality to what Jesus said, when He said "he who believes in Me, shall go in and come out and find pasture" (John 10:9). It is different for almost everyone. For me, I find "reason" to go in, a "rule" to go out and an idea of "pasture". The reason to go in, is typically to find Jesus - that is a good thing. The rule to go out, is typically to do works of faith - which is a rewarding thing. And the idea of pasture, is just an idea, but also a way to interpret all manner of kinds of faith - which is greatly encouraging. As you can see, this is nothing like the "sin, righteousness and judgment" that is preserved for the Holy Spirit - but structurally is basically identical. To know that it is these things, for me, is empowering.

How do you empower, yourself, in these things? You need to wait and get the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Ask and you will receive, right? It might be a little bit of a struggle, but remember what Jesus said about the Holy Spirit, "sin" He goes in, "righteousness" He goes out, and "Judgment" He finds pasture. That is scripture interpretting scripture, right there! It is about holiness, in a sense, but also spirit and the strength to bring them together. In that sense, the Holy Spirit is able to dwell, in our Holy Spirit. The beginning of faith, is just moments away, from grasping this.

I hope you have the strength in the Holy Spirit, to seek this out - it is a marvelous gift.

God bless.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi there,

So I can make this fairly simple: there is a reality to what Jesus said, when He said "he who believes in Me, shall go in and come out and find pasture" (John 10:9). It is different for almost everyone. For me, I find "reason" to go in, a "rule" to go out and an idea of "pasture". The reason to go in, is typically to find Jesus - that is a good thing. The rule to go out, is typically to do works of faith - which is a rewarding thing. And the idea of pasture, is just an idea, but also a way to interpret all manner of kinds of faith - which is greatly encouraging. As you can see, this is nothing like the "sin, righteousness and judgment" that is preserved for the Holy Spirit - but structurally is basically identical. To know that it is these things, for me, is empowering.

How do you empower, yourself, in these things? You need to wait and get the conviction of the Holy Spirit. Ask and you will receive, right? It might be a little bit of a struggle, but remember what Jesus said about the Holy Spirit, "sin" He goes in, "righteousness" He goes out, and "Judgment" He finds pasture. That is scripture interpretting scripture, right there! It is about holiness, in a sense, but also spirit and the strength to bring them together. In that sense, the Holy Spirit is able to dwell, in our Holy Spirit. The beginning of faith, is just moments away, from grasping this.

I hope you have the strength in the Holy Spirit, to seek this out - it is a marvelous gift.

God bless.
An illustration from way back . . .

Psalm 79:13 So we, Your people and sheep of Your pasture, Will give You thanks forever; We will show forth Your praise to all generations.
Psalm 95:7 For He is our God, And we are the people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand. Today, if you will hear His voice:
Psalm100:3 Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

Reactions: Gottservant