I Need My Brothers and Sister to Pray For Me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi all,

I've been gone for awhile, I've had some turmoil in my life and work.

My job has become overwhelming, to the point where every morning I wake up with anxiety in my chest, a feeling of dread, I've had this in the past but not as bad as now to the point I get panic attacks and can't sleep, my Doctor prescribed me some sleep medication and anxiety medication to help with the attacks, but it's really not working.

I pray to God and our Lord Jesus Christ everyday to take these feeling of despair away from me, but they are still there, I've been on this medication for two years now, I feel like I can't take it anymore, I'm thinking about seeing a psychiatrist to see if she or he could help me, I can't continue on like this.

Sometimes I feel like God should take me from this Earth, I feel like my coworkers are talking behind my back and think I'm not competent for the job, which I am if I were trained properly, which the training at my job is horrendous, I've spoken to my lead guy who is in charge of the training to train me on new equipment for new projects that are coming up, he says okay and when I turn around the machinery is already assembled, it's almost like he's doing this on purpose for job security.

They hired this new guy that basically sits at his table all day, he's suppose to help me, but when I ask him for help he walks away and literally disappears, and my lead guy has complained about him to upper management a few times they do nothing, meanwhile I'm stuck doing all the work, and it's so overwhelming I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack, I'm constantly worrying because everything falls on me, and they all know it.

For those of you who know me already know I've had this type of problem before, I'm still at the same job and thought this was the job that Lord had opened the door for me, that I was going to be comfortable and do good and not have the same problems as I've had at my last job I quit 3 years ago because of the same situation.

So I'm asking that my brothers and sisters pray for me and that my situation gets better at this job, I've been here a year already, I pray everyday and night that my circumstances change, but they don't

I feel like people take my kindness as a weakness and take advantage of me, I've spoken to upper management several times about this guy and they have done nothing about it, he continues to sit at his desk doing nothing, and I get stuck with all the work.

What should I do, see this psychiatrist would this be like not believing that God could help my troubles through prayer, I'm 51 I can't keep changing from job to job.

And I feel like my prayers aren't being answered.
Hi @JohnPaul Remember also Hebrews 7.25 where the Lord Jesus intercedes for all who love Him and trust Him...

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, I will pray for you - Please be Very Encouraged With God's:
GRACE Word for infirmities:

HIS ALL-Sufficient GRACE in our infirmities:

Grace And Peace to All Precious friend(s), Dear readers,
and, diligent students of God's Holy Word! Praying Hopefully
The Following Scriptures Will Bring God's "Peace, Hope, And
Comfort" into your life in This Current Dispensation Of The
Amazing GRACE Of A Wonderful God!:

(1) In That GRACE, God, In HIS Omniscience, Had Already
Chosen HIS Own In CHRIST, And Already Knew What
"infirmities, trouble, trials, afflictions, sufferings, And
persecutions we would go through,” And, Thank HIM, HE
"Promised" HE Will Never Give us more testing than
we can handle. (
Ephesians 1:4; 1 Corinthians 10:13)
Amen?

(2) Please, Precious friend(s):
Thank God IN {easy}, And, Also, FOR {Difficult?}, ALL things!
(
1 Thessalonians 5:18; Ephesians 5:20)

(3) After Paul (our #"pattern"# for Today!), prayed 3 times
for his affliction, the "Answer he Received," According To The
Scriptures, Was:

"And HE {CHRIST} Said Unto me, MY GRACE Is Sufficient For
thee: For MY Strength Is Made Perfect in weakness. Most gladly
therefore will I rather glory {cp} in my infirmities, that The
Power Of CHRIST May Rest Upon me!"
(
2 Corinthians 12:9) {cp 2 Corinthians 11:23-30}

(4) "For our light affliction, which Is But For A Moment, worketh
for us a Far More Exceeding And Eternal weight of glory;
While
we look Not at the things which are seen, but at the things
Which Are Not Seen:
for the things which are seen [are]
temporal; but the things Which Are Not Seen Are Eternal!"
(
2 Corinthians 4:17-18)

(5) "For I reckon that The Sufferings of this PRESENT Time
are not worthy to be compared with The Glory which shall be
revealed in us. For the earnest EXPECTation of the creature
WAITeth for the manifestation of the sons of God...

...ourselves also, which have The Firstfruits Of The Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves, WAITING for
The Adoption, to wit, The Redemption Of our body!"
(
Romans 8:18-19; Romans 8:23) Blessed Hope! Amen?

(6) "Therefore being justified by faith, we have Peace with
God through our LORD JESUS CHRIST: By Whom also we
have access by faith into This GRACE Wherein we stand,
and rejoice in Hope of The Glory of God.

And not only so, but we glory {cp} in tribulations also: knowing
that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience;
and experience, Hope: And Hope maketh not ashamed; because
The Love Of God Is Shed Abroad in our hearts By The Holy Ghost
Which Is Given Unto us!"
(
Romans 5:1-5) {cp 2 Corinthians 11:23-30}

(7!) ”And HE That Searcheth the hearts Knoweth What Is The
Mind Of The Spirit, Because HE Maketh Intercession for the
saints According To The Will Of God. Likewise The Spirit Also
Helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray
for as we ought: But The Spirit Itself Maketh Intercession
For us with groanings which cannot be uttered!”
(
Romans 8:27-28)

(8!) "Blessed Be God, Even The Father Of our LORD JESUS CHRIST,
The Father Of Mercies, And The God of ALL Comfort; Who Comforteth
us in All our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which
are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves Are
Comforted Of God!" (
2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

(9!) Please, always be “watching, Patiently waiting And Looking For”
That Blessed HOPE, The Imminent Return Of our LORD To Take us
Home To HEAVEN, In GLORIFICATION!
{Thus, ENDING ALL of our
"infirmities, trouble, trials, afflictions, sufferings, And persecutions!”}
(
Ephesians 6:18; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; 2 Corinthians 5:1-9;
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18) = WONDERFUL Comfort! Amen?

(10) ”And we know That All things Work Together For Good To
them that love God, to them who Are The Called According To
HIS Purpose!” (
Romans 8:28)

(11a) Please memorize 2 Timothy 4:8:

"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness,
which The LORD, The Righteous Judge, Shall Give me At That Day:
and not to me only, but unto all them also that love HIS Appearing!"

(11b) Please Prayerfully/Carefully study 1 Corinthians 3:7-15,
And "know" that, At "That Day {The JUDGMENT Seat}” Of CHRIST,
In HEAVEN, ALL "good works of preaching The Gospel of GRACE,
studying The Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided, and, loving/helping others"
WILL Surely Be "rewarded As gold, silver, And precious stones!"

Amen?

(12) For ALL those who humbly:
Trust CHRIST As their Personal SAVIOUR, The Bible Says:

a): “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of
power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
(
2 Timothy 1:7)

b): “Be careful [anxious] for nothing; but in every thing by
prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests
be made known unto God. And the PEACE Of God, Which Passeth
all understanding, Shall Keep your hearts and minds through
CHRIST JESUS.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are True, whatsoever
things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever
things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever
things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there
be any praise, think on these things.”
(
Philippians 4:6-8)

c): # “Those things, which ye have both learned, and
received, and heard, and seen in me, [Paul!] do: # And
The God Of PEACE Shall Be With you.”
(
Philippians 4:9)

Conclusion, for ALL of the “just who live BY FAITH” {NOT feelings…}:

"For unto you It Is Given in the Behalf Of CHRIST, not only
to believe on HIM, But Also to suffer for HIS Sake"
(
Philippians 1:29)
------------------------------

Again, Precious friend, please:
Always Be Very RICHLY Comforted In The LORD And Saviour, JESUS CHRIST!
Thank you for your prayer my dear friend and for bringing comfort to me, may God bless you always.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My 2 cents @JohnPaul ,
You need to be a bit more assertive.
I been in this position many times myself. My dilemma was being a "girl" working in a "man's" world.
And they piled the work on me to prove I couldn't do it. And I worked hard and did all that was on my plate to prove I could.
Then they hired another person who knew nothing about the industry and paid them more at entry level than I had been making after 8 years.
They didn't know how to operate the machinery, so on top of my plate I was to train them.
I did. And I complained. And eventually got fired for having a bad attitude.

Were you ever given a job description? If not, ask your boss to put one together for you. Look it over and determine what you are capable of doing and what you think will be overwhelming. Be fair to yourself because no one else will.
Then if there are areas that need adjustment, speak to your boss and suggest this new person may be able to handle this and that in order to fulfill whatever is needed.

Maybe this new person is unsure of what to do and would rather walk away from something than to be held accountable for any mistakes.
Maybe he needs training?
I don't know what your profession is, and all that that includes.
The thing is to stay calm and be a bit assertive about what responsibilities you are willing to take on and be responsible for.

You don't have to be accusative or blame anyone else. That don't look good. But you have to be willing to stand on principle.
Ask for a job description. Then when they ask why you didn't do something, you can say.. it's not in my job description.
If this new person was brought in to help you and you are training him/her, then ask your boss for their job description as well, so you know what their responsibilities are and can put on his plate what is appropriate.
If he can't do what his job description requires, then he will have to answer for it, not you.

God doesn't put on us any more than we can bare, but man does. And if they can get away with it they will.
Because they don't want to do it themselves. They don't want to be held accountable so they pass the buck onto you. You have a hard time maintaining and pass the buck onto the next guy.
The buck stops with the guy who is doing the hiring.
And if he isn't hiring the proper personel, then he needs to make better choices.

Just my 2 cents..
God Bless You
Hugs
I've done everything you mentioned @Angelina , and I'm still being taken advantage of and this guy allowed to carry on, I know God doesn't put more on me than I can handle, it's the reason why I get up in the morning everyday and drag myself to work and deal with it.

To everyone on this forum I would like your opinion, is it against God's will to see a psychiatrist and be put on psychiatric medicine to release some of the stress, the stress and anxiety get so bad that at times I feel like I'm coming down with the flu and it's all due to the stress and anxiety being put on my body.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JohnPaul
I don't know about psychiatrists..
I will say this,
On the news the other night they was talking about people selling xanax on the street. This is a drug for anxiety.
They are using Fentanyl for the street drugs.
Please if you need anything make sure it is prescribed by the doctor and administered by the pharmacy.
I know your probably very careful.
This is for anyone who may have kids or know homeless people that may be seeking these medications.

Please BE CAREFUL!

HUGS

Reactions: TLHKAJ and JohnPaul

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Xanax is harder to physically withdraw from than Heroin. And more dangerous too!
Like Ziggy said, just be careful. If you see a psychiatrist, don't allow them to think for you. I'm talking from experience. They can be helpful.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I've done everything you mentioned @Angelina , and I'm still being taken advantage of and this guy allowed to carry on, I know God doesn't put more on me than I can handle, it's the reason why I get up in the morning everyday and drag myself to work and deal with it.

To everyone on this forum I would like your opinion, is it against God's will to see a psychiatrist and be put on psychiatric medicine to release some of the stress, the stress and anxiety get so bad that at times I feel like I'm coming down with the flu and it's all due to the stress and anxiety being put on my body.

You have quoted @Ziggy not me brother. I prayed for you and will continue to do so until there is a breakthrough. Blessings and Peace.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have quoted @Ziggy not me brother. I prayed for you and will continue to do so until there is a breakthrough. Blessings and Peace.
I'm sorry Angelina, and thank you for your prayers, I greatly appreciate them, and they are very much in need sister, may God bless you always.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JohnPaul
I don't know about psychiatrists..
I will say this,
On the news the other night they was talking about people selling xanax on the street. This is a drug for anxiety.
They are using Fentanyl for the street drugs.
Please if you need anything make sure it is prescribed by the doctor and administered by the pharmacy.
I know your probably very careful.
This is for anyone who may have kids or know homeless people that may be seeking these medications.

Please BE CAREFUL!

HUGS
Yes I've heard of these illicit Xanax bars being laced with Fentanyl and people overdosing, I only take what my doctor prescribes, and would not buy anything on the street, but thank you for the warning brother, much appreciated.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Ziggy

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Xanax is harder to physically withdraw from than Heroin. And more dangerous too!
Like Ziggy said, just be careful. If you see a psychiatrist, don't allow them to think for you. I'm talking from experience. They can be helpful.
I'm thinking of canceling my appointment with the Psychiatrist, they want to be in control of medications my Doctor is giving me now, I had to agree to medication monitoring where they can access my pharmacy and see what I'm taking.

I'm not comfortable with that.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm thinking of canceling my appointment with the Psychiatrist, they want to be in control of medications my Doctor is giving me now, I had to agree to medication monitoring where they can access my pharmacy and see what I'm taking.

Pray to God daily and thank Him for the promise that He gives us a sound mind, in 2nd Timothy 1:7.

Blessings

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Brother, I will pray for you.
I would strongly advise not to see a psychiatrist. All they will do is keep you in a "coping" mode and on medication. On the other hand, you might pray and ask God to lead you to a Christian/Biblical counselor. That's what I did in 2006 to deal with trauma memories.

In 2015, my granddaughter was stolen. It was like ripping your heart out to see that injustice happen and my daughter's heart broken. :(

And then, in November of 2017, my youngest son was diagnosed with glioblastoma at age 15. We then became homeless, and were in a terribly dangerous situation, on top of the fight for his life.

I began to experience severe anxiety and panic attacks with my heart rate suddenly accelerating to 160+bpm. I didn't know what was happening. It started to happen at random and life was hard enough as it was.

Doctors prescribed Ativan for anxiety. I took a half dose because I am very sensitive to meds. It made things worse, because I felt like it was drawing me into a drugged sleep. I can't handle that. It caused my anxiety and other symptoms to be worse.

I decided I'd have to overcome the anxiety without meds. It took a few months. But when an episode happened, I'd close my eyes, breathe slowly in and out (altho my heart rate was increasing), pray, affirm myself in the Lord, tell myself, "It's okay. This is just a panic. You're alright....breathe, trust God.... it's okay." Over time, this worked, as I learned to recognize the first signs of a panic attack coming on. They subsided for about 2 years .

Then my son passed away on January 2020 at age 17 ....and they were back full force and worse then before. This time, I would wake up with an accelerated heart rate, or the anxiety would begin before fully awaking. After a few months or so, I understood that this was an adrenaline issue. For over 2 years, being with my son as his main caregiver, I lived with extreme stress and high adrenaline. My life centered around making sure he was okay, managing his nutrition and treatment, spending time together, etc.

I thought I was handling it well until a year and a half in, one morning before my eyes opened and not being fully awake, inside myself I heard my thoughts say.... "Just keep your eyes closed. Prevent the day. It's one day closer to when Matthew won't be here." Ugh!! My mind was trying to make time stay still, dreading another day because I didn't want that day to come. It's a horrible feeling!!

I pushed through it. My son and I had such a wonderful and amazing connection. For 2 years, people couldn't tell he was even sick. He enjoyed life to the fullest, smiled a lot, and loved A LOT!! He even played basketball, went on hikes, and canoed a local river with my middle daughter and her husband. He grew so strong in the Lord. Every day, his example and testimony speaks to me and other who knew him. I miss him more than words can express.

I still weep most every day. But I know God is good. He has a purpose for every one of His children. One could sum up our purpose in this life as being... "Did you love well?" And I don't mean the "love" the world has. I mean ....did you love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and might? And did you love your neighbor as yourself? My son learned that through his trials. Then the Lord took him Home. That's why we're here... to love God, because He first loved us.❤️

Brother, we can face this life's trials only by the grace and strength of God. I would like to share that I do take supplements that help. I can share them in another post and you could look into them if you want. It's good to support your adrenals and make sure you're getting adequate nutrition and rest.

• Sad
Reactions: Lambano

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pray to God daily and thank Him for the promise that He gives us a sound mind, in 2nd Timothy 1:7.

Blessings
Yes, yes! This has been one of my biggest tools....quoting and rehearsing God's Word and standing on what He said.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMG_20211008_132832069.jpg IMG_20211008_132645213.jpg IMG_20211008_132714246.jpg IMG_20211008_132736258.jpg IMG_20211008_132747452.jpg
I take these daily. The ones that are formulated for women can be purchased in formulas for men (obviously). I get them on Amazon. They do help.

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,

I've been gone for awhile, I've had some turmoil in my life and work.

My job has become overwhelming, to the point where every morning I wake up with anxiety in my chest, a feeling of dread, I've had this in the past but not as bad as now to the point I get panic attacks and can't sleep, my Doctor prescribed me some sleep medication and anxiety medication to help with the attacks, but it's really not working.

I pray to God and our Lord Jesus Christ everyday to take these feeling of despair away from me, but they are still there, I've been on this medication for two years now, I feel like I can't take it anymore, I'm thinking about seeing a psychiatrist to see if she or he could help me, I can't continue on like this.

Sometimes I feel like God should take me from this Earth, I feel like my coworkers are talking behind my back and think I'm not competent for the job, which I am if I were trained properly, which the training at my job is horrendous, I've spoken to my lead guy who is in charge of the training to train me on new equipment for new projects that are coming up, he says okay and when I turn around the machinery is already assembled, it's almost like he's doing this on purpose for job security.

They hired this new guy that basically sits at his table all day, he's suppose to help me, but when I ask him for help he walks away and literally disappears, and my lead guy has complained about him to upper management a few times they do nothing, meanwhile I'm stuck doing all the work, and it's so overwhelming I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack, I'm constantly worrying because everything falls on me, and they all know it.

For those of you who know me already know I've had this type of problem before, I'm still at the same job and thought this was the job that Lord had opened the door for me, that I was going to be comfortable and do good and not have the same problems as I've had at my last job I quit 3 years ago because of the same situation.

So I'm asking that my brothers and sisters pray for me and that my situation gets better at this job, I've been here a year already, I pray everyday and night that my circumstances change, but they don't

I feel like people take my kindness as a weakness and take advantage of me, I've spoken to upper management several times about this guy and they have done nothing about it, he continues to sit at his desk doing nothing, and I get stuck with all the work.

What should I do, see this psychiatrist would this be like not believing that God could help my troubles through prayer, I'm 51 I can't keep changing from job to job.

And I feel like my prayers aren't being answered.

And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(2 Corinthians 12:9)

This was how the Lord responded to Paul when he begged with Him to release him from the "thorn in the flesh" that was given to him. I would ask you to stop and think about His statement for a second and what it means and how it perhaps applies to your situation.

God bless you JohnPaul, I can dearly empathize with your situation. I recently lost a job myself because of my weaknesses and shortcomings and I too have dealt with psychiatric medications in my past. As for the medication, I would rather no one be reliant on these poisons, but I certainly understand why someone in your position would use them, I was there. I also definitely would not stop using them without the proper precautions, I would recommended carefully weaning yourself off them as well as your psychiatrist. Maybe if you can take some time off work to do this as well as take a breather from the hardship? That would be good...

Stay strong my brother, I have learned much from my recent experiences and I have faith you will as well. Remember, as it pertains to you not feeling your prayers are being answered, God does things on His watch, not ours.

You will most certainly be prayed for tonight and beyond. All blessings to you JohnPaul

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, yes! This has been one of my biggest tools....quoting and rehearsing God's Word and standing on what He said.
This might help, too:

Peace, joy, rest, sound mind - scriptures

Isa 26:3    Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Php 4:6    do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Php 4:7    And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Psa 34:4    I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

Isa 41:10    fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Joh 14:27    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Joh 16:33    I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

Mat 11:28    Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Mat 11:29    Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Rom 14:17    For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

(And we’re in His kingdom right now)

Col 1:13    Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Rom 15:13    Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

2Ti 1:7    For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Rom 8:15    For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"

Isa 53:4    Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

1Pe 5:6    Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,

1Pet 5:7    casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Psa 91:14    Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

Psa 91:15    He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

Psa 91:16    With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Joh 10:10    The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blessings
I pray everyday and night to God and Jesus, you don't need to tell me to pray, and I pray not only for myself, but for my loved ones and for those in need.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, I will pray for you.
I would strongly advise not to see a psychiatrist. All they will do is keep you in a "coping" mode and on medication. On the other hand, you might pray and ask God to lead you to a Christian/Biblical counselor. That's what I did in 2006 to deal with trauma memories.

In 2015, my granddaughter was stolen. It was like ripping your heart out to see that injustice happen and my daughter's heart broken. :(

And then, in November of 2017, my youngest son was diagnosed with glioblastoma at age 15. We then became homeless, and were in a terribly dangerous situation, on top of the fight for his life.

I began to experience severe anxiety and panic attacks with my heart rate suddenly accelerating to 160+bpm. I didn't know what was happening. It started to happen at random and life was hard enough as it was.

Doctors prescribed Ativan for anxiety. I took a half dose because I am very sensitive to meds. It made things worse, because I felt like it was drawing me into a drugged sleep. I can't handle that. It caused my anxiety and other symptoms to be worse.

I decided I'd have to overcome the anxiety without meds. It took a few months. But when an episode happened, I'd close my eyes, breathe slowly in and out (altho my heart rate was increasing), pray, affirm myself in the Lord, tell myself, "It's okay. This is just a panic. You're alright....breathe, trust God.... it's okay." Over time, this worked, as I learned to recognize the first signs of a panic attack coming on. They subsided for about 2 years .

Then my son passed away on January 2020 at age 17 ....and they were back full force and worse then before. This time, I would wake up with an accelerated heart rate, or the anxiety would begin before fully awaking. After a few months or so, I understood that this was an adrenaline issue. For over 2 years, being with my son as his main caregiver, I lived with extreme stress and high adrenaline. My life centered around making sure he was okay, managing his nutrition and treatment, spending time together, etc.

I thought I was handling it well until a year and a half in, one morning before my eyes opened and not being fully awake, inside myself I heard my thoughts say.... "Just keep your eyes closed. Prevent the day. It's one day closer to when Matthew won't be here." Ugh!! My mind was trying to make time stay still, dreading another day because I didn't want that day to come. It's a horrible feeling!!

I pushed through it. My son and I had such a wonderful and amazing connection. For 2 years, people couldn't tell he was even sick. He enjoyed life to the fullest, smiled a lot, and loved A LOT!! He even played basketball, went on hikes, and canoed a local river with my middle daughter and her husband. He grew so strong in the Lord. Every day, his example and testimony speaks to me and other who knew him. I miss him more than words can express.

I still weep most every day. But I know God is good. He has a purpose for every one of His children. One could sum up our purpose in this life as being... "Did you love well?" And I don't mean the "love" the world has. I mean ....did you love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and might? And did you love your neighbor as yourself? My son learned that through his trials. Then the Lord took him Home. That's why we're here... to love God, because He first loved us.❤️

Brother, we can face this life's trials only by the grace and strength of God. I would like to share that I do take supplements that help. I can share them in another post and you could look into them if you want. It's good to support your adrenals and make sure you're getting adequate nutrition and rest.
Thank you my sister for this heartening experience of yours, I am sorry for your loss and know your son is with God and many blessings to you.

My problem is I always think I'm not good enough at a job, or whatever it may be so I work myself up, I'm always thinking people are looking down at me, the problem also is training, they don't train you to do the job or to operate or assemble machinery necessary to do the job, and then after a couple of months expect you to do the job and know the machinery, I am 51 now, but fit and and can work like a bull.

So I get anxious and the panic sets in when I'm told I'm going to do a certain project, I literally vomit and even get diarrhea I get so nervous, and at my age I can't keep hoping from job to job till I find the right one, I've done that three times already, and depression also sets in because of this, and they pile more work on me because I do it so I get more anxious and more panic attacks.

What am I suppose to do say no to my boss and tell him the new guy they hired to do it, who I come to find out gets paid higher than me and gets three weeks where I get two, and everyone now knows the guy lied his way into this job, and literally sits at his desk and does nothing, because John will do it and the bosses know about his laziness and lack of knowledge yet he's allowed to continue his job there, he can't even assemble machinery he said he worked with and knows how to assemble and disassemble them, he practically lied on his resume.

Yet I am expected to pick up his slack and do more, the lead guys won't even speak to him, they are so angry at him for basically lying to them about his knowledge of the work, so they throw the work on me and my mind can only take so much, that I'm a mess, can't sleep unless I take prescribed medication for sleep or I'll jump out of my skin if I don't take my prescribed tranquilizers my family Doctor gives me.

I still don't give up hope, I pray to God to open the door for me, or let this be the door he opened for me and for matters to get better at work, I also pray this new guy changes his ways and becomes more helpful, I don't want to see him get fired, he's older than I am, but he's a scam artist and lies his way through jobs, and somehow they believe him and hire him, I was told he only lasts at a job the most two years before he's let go and then goes onto the next.

I pray everyday things get better and my mind gets better, I have cancelled my appointment with the psychiatrist as I don't want to be put on psychiatric medication, I heard horrendous stories and then to get off those medications is literally hell, so I'll continue to pray that God and Jesus Christ help me through my daily mind problems, and hope I don't snap and just up and leave the job, as I have bills to pay and can't just leave a job without having another lined up, but then I fear the next job will be the same as my previous three have been, and like I said in the beginning I can't keep hopping from job to job at my age, I have to settle down.

You see I had a job of 16 years that I was set in, with a Union and all, best benefits I ever had, job security, I was going to retire from this job, then one day Hurricane Sandy came along and literally wiped my job out, and they closed and ever since I've been job hopping trying to find the right job, but have come to find out that nowadays mostly all jobs are the same, they expect one person to do the job of 10 people and lack of training or people won't want to train you out of fear you'll steal their job if you learn their job, and then if you talk to management you're labeled a snitch.

These are my troubles that have led to my anxiety, panic attacks and depression, I don't give up hope though and continue to pray and have decided against psychiatric treatment, and will take your advice and see if I can find a Christian minister that can help me, I looked a church up that offers these counseling sessions with the help of God, but somehow lost the web page and the Church wasn't too far from me either, I'll have to see if I can find it again, my only problem with Churches is denominations, they all seem to go by one or another, and I don't like to adhere to a denomination, as I gave that up ten years ago.

I'll continue to pray day and night that God and Jesus will clear my mind up and give the strength that I know I have to combat these psychological illnesses and that God won't put on me more than I can handle, the only problem is when the anxiety sets in and the feeling of dread lays upon my chest, that is the worst feeling for me.

Thank you for your support TLHKAJ, it's much appreciated, God bless you.

Last edited:
Reactions: TLHKAJ

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
(2 Corinthians 12:9)

This was how the Lord responded to Paul when he begged with Him to release him from the "thorn in the flesh" that was given to him. I would ask you to stop and think about His statement for a second and what it means and how it perhaps applies to your situation.

God bless you JohnPaul, I can dearly empathize with your situation. I recently lost a job myself because of my weaknesses and shortcomings and I too have dealt with psychiatric medications in my past. As for the medication, I would rather no one be reliant on these poisons, but I certainly understand why someone in your position would use them, I was there. I also definitely would not stop using them without the proper precautions, I would recommended carefully weaning yourself off them as well as your psychiatrist. Maybe if you can take some time off work to do this as well as take a breather from the hardship? That would be good...

Stay strong my brother, I have learned much from my recent experiences and I have faith you will as well. Remember, as it pertains to you not feeling your prayers are being answered, God does things on His watch, not ours.

You will most certainly be prayed for tonight and beyond. All blessings to you JohnPaul

Thank you so much brother, the medications are just tranquilizers to help my nerves, given to me by my family Doctor, I have not gone to a psychiatrist yet and have decided not to and cancelled my appointment that I had.

I can't take any time off of work as they are extremely busy and the owner won't hire more help.

I will stay strong, which is easier said than done, but I do it, thank you for your prayers, they mean a lot to me, may God bless you brother and thank you for thinking of me.

Reactions: Psalm51