I Need My Brothers and Sister to Pray For Me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JohnPaul you seem to have the same issues my husband has everywhere he goes. (And yes, I said husband ....because I'm female. lol) He's 55 and still dealing with this problem. He has always been a diligent worker and does the work of 3 or 4 people. The perk to that is ....he still to this day has a job if he needs it at places he formerly worked, because his supervisors have a lot of respect in him. He has a reputation as someone who knows his trade better than most, is faithful and honest, and is peaceful with his coworkers and supervisors.

About finding a Christian counselor, I'd say just give it a try before you rule a person out based on their denomination. My former counselor was Baptist, and I attended Assembly of God. She was the best fit for me and God used her greatly in my life for over 2 years. She wasn't too proud to ask my insights on scripture related to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues. We had some great conversations on scripture. And although she was "minister" and I was "client" she never looked down on me or made me feel lower. So just pray and ask the Lord to lead.

Blessings!

Reactions: JohnPaul

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JohnPaul you seem to have the same issues my husband has everywhere he goes. (And yes, I said husband ....because I'm female. lol) He's 55 and still dealing with this problem. He has always been a diligent worker and does the work of 3 or 4 people. The perk to that is ....he still to this day has a job if he needs it at places he formerly worked, because his supervisors have a lot of respect in him. He has a reputation as someone who knows his trade better than most, is faithful and honest, and is peaceful with his coworkers and supervisors.

About finding a Christian counselor, I'd say just give it a try before you rule a person out based on their denomination. My former counselor was Baptist, and I attended Assembly of God. She was the best fit for me and God used her greatly in my life for over 2 years. She wasn't too proud to ask my insights on scripture related to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues. We had some great conversations on scripture. And although she was "minister" and I was "client" she never looked down on me or made me feel lower. So just pray and ask the Lord to lead.

Blessings!
Thank you sister, yes your husband sounds a lot like me.
I will take your advice, may God bless you and your loved ones always.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today is an extremely stressful day, the rest of the week will be due to work.

It's getting to the point where I'm thinking of just walking out before getting a new job and just take the time to look for one once I leave, I have 32 years experience in my field, so I don't think it should be too hard to find a job if I quit before finding a new one.
I just can't take it anymore, this place has no structure or organization, and they just through work on you and expect you to know it like a pro, literally, I've never seen nothing like it, they threw a huge project on me yesterday with two new guys who can't even operate the equipment, and I'm suppose to get this done this week.

So I'm asking that you all pray for me and that Jesus gives me strength to deal with this, I don't want to be irresponsible and just leave, but the stress is too much for me to deal with.

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have felt like this in my job , it’s a horrible feeling. ….. it seems the employers just don’t get how much is involved…….The Lord hasn’t changed my job but thankfully for me, he has changed my focus but that wasn’t until I reached a brick wall a few weeks ago…………I pray that you will know what to do xxxxx
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

It's getting to the point where I'm thinking of just walking out before getting a new job and just take the time to look for one once I leave, I have 32 years experience in my field, so I don't think it should be too hard to find a job if I quit before finding a new one.
I just can't take it anymore, this place has no structure or organization, and they just through work on you and expect you to know it like a pro, literally, I've never seen nothing like it, they threw a huge project on me yesterday with two new guys who can't even operate the equipment, and I'm suppose to get this done this week.

So I'm asking that you all pray for me and that Jesus gives me strength to deal with this, I don't want to be irresponsible and just leave, but the stress is too much for me to deal with.
Hi @JohnPaul In all the stress, Hebrews 12.2: "looking unto Jesus" and Psalms such as Psalm 46 are good to have in mind.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

On the job issues with stress....It does not matter if it is job related stress or you cannot handle stress. That determination is really not up to you.

A psychiatrist will determine that and prescribe medication. And you need to take what is prescribed. And keep a record of your medications and the receipts of your purchases.
It is important to keep bringing up your issues and stress with your supervisors.
In the end this can be all about building a case for workman's comp or disability. One of the reasons to keep seeing your psychiatrist.
Each state is different and a lawyer can tell you if you have a case.
Keep praying and we will pray for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnPaul and Ziggy

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the job issues with stress....It does not matter if it is job related stress or you cannot handle stress. That determination is really not up to you.

A psychiatrist will determine that and prescribe medication. And you need to take what is prescribed. And keep a record of your medications and the receipts of your purchases.
It is important to keep bringing up your issues and stress with your supervisors.
In the end this can be all about building a case for workman's comp or disability. One of the reasons to keep seeing your psychiatrist.
Each state is different and a lawyer can tell you if you have a case.
Keep praying and we will pray for you.
My issues with going to a psychiatrist is that I don't believe in the power of prayer and the Good Lord being there for me and guiding me through, if I see one, and I'm not for the whole law suiting thing, unless I got physically injured due to their negligence, and I've heard of horror stories of people suffering even more after being put on psychiatric medication, that in the long run it does more harm than good and to get off of them is literally a living hell.

I know a guy who went through all that they put him on all kinds of medication, I mean the psychiatrist just started loading him with psychiatric medication every time he had a visit with her, in the end it did more harm than good and he told me he couldn't sleep for months after he weaned himself off the medication, he learned to deal with his issues which were mostly anxiety, stress and a bad marriage, and put his faith in God, and he said he would never go through that again.

Thank you for your advice Grailhunter, I appreciate it, I do take some minor tranquilizers and sleep aid medication presvcribed by my family Doctor, but light stuff and only when needed, because my nerves do act up because of anxiety due to my job, after all I am human and bound by my Earthly emotions, but I try to deal with my issues through prayer, and asking my brothers and sisters on here to pray for me, and if my situation gets bad enough I'll just leave this place and look for another job, I have faith the Lord will open another door for me, as he has this one, or perhaps the Lord will correct things at this place, ask and you shall receive and I ask everyday, from my experience from moving from job to job, things nowadays aren't like what they use to be, due to the influx of immigrants pouring into the country they know they can get rid of you and there will be another 100 people lined up to take your job, so companies don't care anymore and value the good worker.

So it's a matter of me continuing to pray and ask the Lord that things get better or a miracle may happen and I get a job offer in my email, I do believe in miracles, so rather than see a psychiatrist I'll put my trust in God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you Grailhunter for your advice and for caring enough to help me, God bless you.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My issues with going to a psychiatrist is that I don't believe in the power of prayer and the Good Lord being there for me and guiding me through, if I see one, and I'm not for the whole law suiting thing, unless I got physically injured due to their negligence, and I've heard of horror stories of people suffering even more after being put on psychiatric medication, that in the long run it does more harm than good and to get off of them is literally a living hell.

I know a guy who went through all that they put him on all kinds of medication, I mean the psychiatrist just started loading him with psychiatric medication every time he had a visit with her, in the end it did more harm than good and he told me he couldn't sleep for months after he weaned himself off the medication, he learned to deal with his issues which were mostly anxiety, stress and a bad marriage, and put his faith in God, and he said he would never go through that again.

Thank you for your advice Grailhunter, I appreciate it, I do take some minor tranquilizers and sleep aid medication presvcribed by my family Doctor, but light stuff and only when needed, because my nerves do act up because of anxiety due to my job, after all I am human and bound by my Earthly emotions, but I try to deal with my issues through prayer, and asking my brothers and sisters on here to pray for me, and if my situation gets bad enough I'll just leave this place and look for another job, I have faith the Lord will open another door for me, as he has this one, or perhaps the Lord will correct things at this place, ask and you shall receive and I ask everyday, from my experience from moving from job to job, things nowadays aren't like what they use to be, due to the influx of immigrants pouring into the country they know they can get rid of you and there will be another 100 people lined up to take your job, so companies don't care anymore and value the good worker.

So it's a matter of me continuing to pray and ask the Lord that things get better or a miracle may happen and I get a job offer in my email, I do believe in miracles, so rather than see a psychiatrist I'll put my trust in God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you Grailhunter for your advice and for caring enough to help me, God bless you.

That is all up to you.
Apostle Luke....the good physician.

And I do understand the concern regarding doctors....I have had my run in's with them....
Finding a good psychiatrist....it can be difficult.
Best advise....judge a book by its cover or if you have a friend that has been helped by a psychiatrist, get that name.
Going to a psychiatrist does not mean you are crazy....they are the branch of the medical arts that deals with physical issues that causes stress or the inability to deal with it.
They can be the solution or put you in a position that helps.
What if you get disability and do not work and you are still stressed or anxious....then you know that at least some of it is internal.
Mild prescription medications many level you out....and of course you are seeking peace with the Lord.

I cannot say that shock treatment always work for people, not medical shock. I mean ultra stressful situations can raise your tolerance to the normal stress of life. But it does not work for everyone.

Ex-military....fire fights....lots of blood and guts and death. The normal stress of life has no effect on me. But someone else that went through what I did can come away emotionally damaged. But could it help you to know that in different parts of the world there are men, women, and children that live in an environment that they could die any day, but they live through it.