I Need My Brothers and Sister to Pray For Me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello,

A situation developed where a person askes for prayer because he kept losing his job, and he needed his job to support his family.

Now, the question is how should people respond appropriately in prayer?.

Situation one to consider: - The person has a personality problem that causes him to be regularly fired.

So should people be praying for the resolving of his personality problem so that he does not lose his next employment opportunity, or should we be praying that he gets a new job which he will then lose again because of his personality problem?

Siluation two to consider: - The person's ministry is to move from work place to work place evangelising as he moves from one work place to another, but he cannot see the hand of God moving him from one work place to another. He only sees that he loses his job regularly and that he needs to get another job.

Should people be praying for another job for him, or should they be praying that God will open his eyes to see that God's hand is operating in his live moving him from one ministry site to another to be God's presence in the various work places for a period of time. This person has a need to know that he is doing God's kingdom work and he is doing it well as he moves from job sit to job site.

Situation three to consider: - The job situation that the person is finding themselves in is that many people are losing their jobs because of a downturn in the industry that they are working in.

Should people be praying for a new job for this person or should they be praying that he will be content in the circumstances that are prevailing where he is living, so that he can be a witness of the goodness of God for those who trust in the Lord to those who are living around him who have also lost their jobs.

The above example demonstrates that it can be difficult to know the appropriate way to pray to meet the needs of people's prayer requests.

For me, this prayer request makes it difficult to know how I should pray so that @JohnPaul will be blessed through my praying for him.

Should I pray for wisdom for JohnPaul, so that he is better equipped to know how best he should respond to the pressures of working in the firm/company where he is presently employed.

Or should I pray courage for JohnPaul to trust God within his present job to resolve the issues of the working environment that he is finding himself in so that his joy in the Lord is not compromised and can once again shine for all to see where he is working.

Or should I pray for a new job for JohnPaul that God is wanting JohnPaul to move to be His witness for the Kingdom of God that is to come.

Or should I pray understanding for JohnPaul so that he knows what God's purposes are for his life and can respond accordingly.

So before I can pray, I first need to seek God's Face as to how I should be praying for JohnPaul so that I am in tune with God on this matter.

But this I do know that I can pray that God has included you, JohnPaul, in those whom He is drawing into His Loving embrace so that you can remain secure in your relationship with God and God alone.

Shalom

Reactions: JohnPaul

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Lord,
So and so has requested we pray for them. I'm not sure what his/her needs are but Lord you do.
Please work in this persons life to show them what the best path for them to follow is.
Thy will be done.
Thank You Lord
Amen

Hugs

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear Lord,
So and so has requested we pray for them. I'm not sure what his/her needs are but Lord you do.
Please work in this persons life to show them what the best path for them to follow is.
Thy will be done.
Thank You Lord
Amen

Hugs
Are you making a point? Lol

Reactions: Ziggy

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just adding my thoughts to Jay Ross's post.
I should of tagged it.. aw well.

It's the thought that counts right?
:)
Hugs
I presumed it was a response to Jay's post...but I was laughing because I thought is this a pun or a sincere reply.
Anyway, have a blessed day...hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I presumed it was a response to Jay's post...but I was laughing because I thought is this a pun or a sincere reply.
Anyway, have a blessed day...hugs
Was a sincere response.
Sometimes we don't know what or how to pray..
wait..
Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

This is what I was thinking..
Hugs

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was a sincere response.
wait..
Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

Hugs
Amen!
(I think when you used "so and so" that I considered it might be a pun..but you're right..God knows.)

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,

A situation developed where a person askes for prayer because he kept losing his job, and he needed his job to support his family.

Situation one to consider: - The person has a personality problem that causes him to be regularly fired.

So should people be praying for the resolving of his personality problem so that he does not lose his next employment opportunity, or should we be praying that he gets a new job which he will then lose again because of his personality problem?

Siluation two to consider: - The person's ministry is to move from work place to work place evangelising as he moves from one work place to another, but he cannot see the hand of God moving him from one work place to another. He only sees that he loses his job regularly and that he needs to get another job.

Should people be praying for another job for him, or should they be praying that God will open his eyes to see that God's hand is operating in his live moving him from one ministry site to another to be God's presence in the various work places for a period of time. This person has a need to know that he is doing God's kingdom work and he is doing it well as he moves from job sit to job site.

Situation three to consider: - The job situation that the person is finding themselves in is that many people are losing their jobs because of a downturn in the industry that they are working in.

Should people be praying for a new job for this person or should they be praying that he will be content in the circumstances that are prevailing where he is living, so that he can be a witness of the goodness of God for those who trust in the Lord to those who are living around him who have also lost their jobs.

The above example demonstrates that it can be difficult to know the appropriate way to pray to meet the needs of people's prayer requests.

For me, this prayer request makes it difficult to know how I should pray so that @JohnPaul will be blessed through my praying for him.

Should I pray for wisdom for JohnPaul, so that he is better equipped to know how best he should respond to the pressures of working in the firm/company where he is presently employed.

Or should I pray courage for JohnPaul to trust God within his present job to resolve the issues of the working environment that he is finding himself in so that his joy in the Lord is not compromised and can once again shine for all to see where he is working.

Or should I pray for a new job for JohnPaul that God is wanting JohnPaul to move to be His witness for the Kingdom of God that is to come.

Or should I pray understanding for JohnPaul so that he knows what God's purposes are for his life and can respond accordingly.

So before I can pray, I first need to seek God's Face as to how I should be praying for JohnPaul so that I am in tune with God on this matter.

But this I do know that I can pray that God has included you, JohnPaul, in those whom He is drawing into His Loving embrace so that you can remain secure in your relationship with God and God alone.

Shalom
You got it wrong I have never been fired from a job I have left one job for another, I applied for these jobs and got them, in my 32 year working career I have never been fired or lost a job.

Plese read my original post.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Was a sincere response.
wait..

Hugs

Thanks for getting the message in my post above. I really appreciate when people get what I have posted.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You got it wrong I have never been fired from a job I have left one job for another, I applied for these jobs and got them, in my 32 year working career I have never been fired or lost a job.

Plese read my original post.

Please read all of my post and what I prayed for you.

It may then make some sense for you.

In praying for others i mke it a habit not to act God like by telling God what He should do for you. That is His business, and not my business to tell him.

Shalom

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Plese read all of my post and what I prayed for your.
Thank you I appreciate your prayer it means a lot to me, I just thought you thought I got fired from my previous jobs, when I didn’t, I applied for them and was hired.

Sorry if I read it wrong, thank you for the prayers.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!
(I think when you used "so and so" that I considered it might be a pun..but you're right..God knows.)
I jumped in on post#21. I read the first couple sentences and then my thoughts went thinking, like they sometimes do.. :rolleyes:
And I didn't read it all, and didn't know this was about an actual person, because I'm always jumping in, in the middle of things.
And I probably should have started at the beginning post..
which I still haven't done by the way.. :oops:

@JohnPaul ,
I'm sorry if I didn't read your opening post. Prayers brother.
Just change so and so in post #22 to JohnPaul.
The Lord knows who you are and what you need.
So I'll just add my prayers to yours.
God Bless
Hugs
:D

Dosia

Jan 24, 2021
Manitoba
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God, hear JohnPaul's request and bring him the help that he needs to resolve his job burdens, and grant him the rest and peace that he requires to go on each new day, In the Name of Jesus, Amen

God uses all kinds of avenues to bring healing to his people, the Church, Pastors, Ministers, Doctor's, nurses, counselors, herbs, friends and even strangers if He so choses, and yes, even Psychiatrists. I pray the LORD will lead you to one that can minister His truth, healing and peace to your heart, strengthen you, and give you guidance and direction on what you need to do?

Would it help to take a few days off to get a break from that place? It may be temporary but it may give you time to think over what needs to be done?

Reactions: JohnPaul and Ziggy

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I jumped in on post#21. I read the first couple sentences and then my thoughts went thinking, like they sometimes do.. :rolleyes:
And I didn't read it all, and didn't know this was about an actual person, because I'm always jumping in, in the middle of things.
And I probably should have started at the beginning post..
which I still haven't done by the way.. :oops:

@JohnPaul ,
I'm sorry if I didn't read your opening post. Prayers brother.
Just change so and so in post #22 to JohnPaul.
The Lord knows who you are and what you need.
So I'll just add my prayers to yours.
God Bless
Hugs
:D
Thank you brother greatly appreciate and God bless you.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God, hear JohnPaul's request and bring him the help that he needs to resolve his job burdens, and grant him the rest and peace that he requires to go on each new day, In the Name of Jesus, Amen

God uses all kinds of avenues to bring healing to his people, the Church, Pastors, Ministers, Doctor's, nurses, counselors, herbs, friends and even strangers if He so choses, and yes, even Psychiatrists. I pray the LORD will lead you to one that can minister His truth, healing and peace to your heart, strengthen you, and give you guidance and direction on what you need to do?

Would it help to take a few days off to get a break from that place? It may be temporary but it may give you time to think over what needs to be done?
Beautiful prayer and greatly appreciated, thank you Dosia, may God bless you.

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello,

Shalom
@Jay Ross, my problem is that no matter what job I get, hoping that it is a better one and that the working conditions are better than the previous ones are also better, people take advantage of my kindness, I'm hard working and won't refuse someone when they ask for help, yet when I ask my new work partner for help he rarely does and disappears, I don't know why, but that he's lazy and he sees he's getting away with it.

I can't take the amount of work being thrown on me and have complained about it, and all I'm told is do what you can, yet if I do just what I can, I'll be asked why aren't I finishing my work? Yet this new guy just sits at his desk and does nothing and no one asks him why isn't he working, I was under the assumption this guy was hired to relieve the work load from me, but that hasn't happened.

The amount of stress on me right now is unbearable and unbelievable, and by seeking out a psychiatrist it makes me feel like I'm straying away from God and that he is not helping me and answering my prayers, and I know that's not true, yet without out the pharmaceutical medications, I can't cope, I literally feel like I'm losing my mind, so what do I do in these circumstances, seek out a psychiatrist for further Psychiatric medication, or continue with the tranquilizers and sleep medication my doctor gives me now and continue to pray?

No matter what job I find the same thing will happen because, I'm good hearted and hard working and people will always take advantage of that, and I just don't have it in me to say no to them, and those that are suppose to help me like this new guy also see that, and are devious and escape from their job duties and it will continue to fall on me, it's happened so many times.

I feel like the wicked seek me out and are allowed to just sneak around day by day without any repercussions.

I honestly thought that this was the door that God opened for me through prayer for constantly asking for a better job and this one popped up, and at first things seemed good, till work started getting busy and they hired this guy to help out, but I'm starting to think it's not the door that was given to me and I'm just too old to be jumping from job to job so I'll to stay at this one, till I have a nervous breakdown or a heart attack.

Or should I just not care and let work pile up and get fired, something that has never happened to me in my entire working career and something that will be extremely hard for me to do, I'm literally taking a 10 to 15 minute break a day and working 9 to 10 hours a day and I'm a diabetic which doesn't help.

This is my problem I face.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My 2 cents @JohnPaul ,
You need to be a bit more assertive.
I been in this position many times myself. My dilemma was being a "girl" working in a "man's" world.
And they piled the work on me to prove I couldn't do it. And I worked hard and did all that was on my plate to prove I could.
Then they hired another person who knew nothing about the industry and paid them more at entry level than I had been making after 8 years.
They didn't know how to operate the machinery, so on top of my plate I was to train them.
I did. And I complained. And eventually got fired for having a bad attitude.

Were you ever given a job description? If not, ask your boss to put one together for you. Look it over and determine what you are capable of doing and what you think will be overwhelming. Be fair to yourself because no one else will.
Then if there are areas that need adjustment, speak to your boss and suggest this new person may be able to handle this and that in order to fulfill whatever is needed.

Maybe this new person is unsure of what to do and would rather walk away from something than to be held accountable for any mistakes.
Maybe he needs training?
I don't know what your profession is, and all that that includes.
The thing is to stay calm and be a bit assertive about what responsibilities you are willing to take on and be responsible for.

You don't have to be accusative or blame anyone else. That don't look good. But you have to be willing to stand on principle.
Ask for a job description. Then when they ask why you didn't do something, you can say.. it's not in my job description.
If this new person was brought in to help you and you are training him/her, then ask your boss for their job description as well, so you know what their responsibilities are and can put on his plate what is appropriate.
If he can't do what his job description requires, then he will have to answer for it, not you.

God doesn't put on us any more than we can bare, but man does. And if they can get away with it they will.
Because they don't want to do it themselves. They don't want to be held accountable so they pass the buck onto you. You have a hard time maintaining and pass the buck onto the next guy.
The buck stops with the guy who is doing the hiring.
And if he isn't hiring the proper personel, then he needs to make better choices.

Just my 2 cents..
God Bless You
Hugs

Reactions: Jay Ross

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,...

...What should I do, see this psychiatrist would this be like not believing that God could help my troubles through prayer, I'm 51 I can't keep changing from job to job.

And I feel like my prayers aren't being answered.
Precious friend, I will pray for you - Please be Very Encouraged With God's:
GRACE Word for infirmities:

HIS ALL-Sufficient GRACE in our infirmities:

Grace And Peace to All Precious friend(s), Dear readers,
and, diligent students of God's Holy Word! Praying Hopefully
The Following Scriptures Will Bring God's "Peace, Hope, And
Comfort" into your life in This Current Dispensation Of The
Amazing GRACE Of A Wonderful God!:

(1) In That GRACE, God, In HIS Omniscience, Had Already
Chosen HIS Own In CHRIST, And Already Knew What
"infirmities, trouble, trials, afflictions, sufferings, And
persecutions we would go through,” And, Thank HIM, HE
"Promised" HE Will Never Give us more testing than
we can handle. (
Ephesians 1:4; 1 Corinthians 10:13)
Amen?

(2) Please, Precious friend(s):
Thank God IN {easy}, And, Also, FOR {Difficult?}, ALL things!
(
1 Thessalonians 5:18; Ephesians 5:20)

(3) After Paul (our #"pattern"# for Today!), prayed 3 times
for his affliction, the "Answer he Received," According To The
Scriptures, Was:

"And HE {CHRIST} Said Unto me, MY GRACE Is Sufficient For
thee: For MY Strength Is Made Perfect in weakness. Most gladly
therefore will I rather glory {cp} in my infirmities, that The
Power Of CHRIST May Rest Upon me!"
(
2 Corinthians 12:9) {cp 2 Corinthians 11:23-30}

(4) "For our light affliction, which Is But For A Moment, worketh
for us a Far More Exceeding And Eternal weight of glory;
While
we look Not at the things which are seen, but at the things
Which Are Not Seen:
for the things which are seen [are]
temporal; but the things Which Are Not Seen Are Eternal!"
(
2 Corinthians 4:17-18)

(5) "For I reckon that The Sufferings of this PRESENT Time
are not worthy to be compared with The Glory which shall be
revealed in us. For the earnest EXPECTation of the creature
WAITeth for the manifestation of the sons of God...

...ourselves also, which have The Firstfruits Of The Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves, WAITING for
The Adoption, to wit, The Redemption Of our body!"
(
Romans 8:18-19; Romans 8:23) Blessed Hope! Amen?

(6) "Therefore being justified by faith, we have Peace with
God through our LORD JESUS CHRIST: By Whom also we
have access by faith into This GRACE Wherein we stand,
and rejoice in Hope of The Glory of God.

And not only so, but we glory {cp} in tribulations also: knowing
that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience;
and experience, Hope: And Hope maketh not ashamed; because
The Love Of God Is Shed Abroad in our hearts By The Holy Ghost
Which Is Given Unto us!"
(
Romans 5:1-5) {cp 2 Corinthians 11:23-30}

(7!) ”And HE That Searcheth the hearts Knoweth What Is The
Mind Of The Spirit, Because HE Maketh Intercession for the
saints According To The Will Of God. Likewise The Spirit Also
Helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray
for as we ought: But The Spirit Itself Maketh Intercession
For us with groanings which cannot be uttered!”
(
Romans 8:27-28)

(8!) "Blessed Be God, Even The Father Of our LORD JESUS CHRIST,
The Father Of Mercies, And The God of ALL Comfort; Who Comforteth
us in All our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which
are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves Are
Comforted Of God!" (
2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

(9!) Please, always be “watching, Patiently waiting And Looking For”
That Blessed HOPE, The Imminent Return Of our LORD To Take us
Home To HEAVEN, In GLORIFICATION!
{Thus, ENDING ALL of our
"infirmities, trouble, trials, afflictions, sufferings, And persecutions!”}
(
Ephesians 6:18; 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; 2 Corinthians 5:1-9;
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18) = WONDERFUL Comfort! Amen?

(10) ”And we know That All things Work Together For Good To
them that love God, to them who Are The Called According To
HIS Purpose!” (
Romans 8:28)

(11a) Please memorize 2 Timothy 4:8:

"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness,
which The LORD, The Righteous Judge, Shall Give me At That Day:
and not to me only, but unto all them also that love HIS Appearing!"

(11b) Please Prayerfully/Carefully study 1 Corinthians 3:7-15,
And "know" that, At "That Day {The JUDGMENT Seat}” Of CHRIST,
In HEAVEN, ALL "good works of preaching The Gospel of GRACE,
studying The Word Of Truth, Rightly Divided, and, loving/helping others"
WILL Surely Be "rewarded As gold, silver, And precious stones!"

Amen?

(12) For ALL those who humbly:
Trust CHRIST As their Personal SAVIOUR, The Bible Says:

a): “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of
power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
(
2 Timothy 1:7)

b): “Be careful [anxious] for nothing; but in every thing by
prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests
be made known unto God. And the PEACE Of God, Which Passeth
all understanding, Shall Keep your hearts and minds through
CHRIST JESUS.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are True, whatsoever
things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever
things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever
things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there
be any praise, think on these things.”
(
Philippians 4:6-8)

c): # “Those things, which ye have both learned, and
received, and heard, and seen in me, [Paul!] do: # And
The God Of PEACE Shall Be With you.”
(
Philippians 4:9)

Conclusion, for ALL of the “just who live BY FAITH” {NOT feelings…}:

"For unto you It Is Given in the Behalf Of CHRIST, not only
to believe on HIM, But Also to suffer for HIS Sake"
(
Philippians 1:29)
------------------------------

Again, Precious friend, please:
Always Be Very RICHLY Comforted In The LORD And Saviour, JESUS CHRIST!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi all,

I've been gone for awhile, I've had some turmoil in my life and work.

My job has become overwhelming, to the point where every morning I wake up with anxiety in my chest, a feeling of dread, I've had this in the past but not as bad as now to the point I get panic attacks and can't sleep, my Doctor prescribed me some sleep medication and anxiety medication to help with the attacks, but it's really not working.

I pray to God and our Lord Jesus Christ everyday to take these feeling of despair away from me, but they are still there, I've been on this medication for two years now, I feel like I can't take it anymore, I'm thinking about seeing a psychiatrist to see if she or he could help me, I can't continue on like this.

Sometimes I feel like God should take me from this Earth, I feel like my coworkers are talking behind my back and think I'm not competent for the job, which I am if I were trained properly, which the training at my job is horrendous, I've spoken to my lead guy who is in charge of the training to train me on new equipment for new projects that are coming up, he says okay and when I turn around the machinery is already assembled, it's almost like he's doing this on purpose for job security.

They hired this new guy that basically sits at his table all day, he's suppose to help me, but when I ask him for help he walks away and literally disappears, and my lead guy has complained about him to upper management a few times they do nothing, meanwhile I'm stuck doing all the work, and it's so overwhelming I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack, I'm constantly worrying because everything falls on me, and they all know it.

For those of you who know me already know I've had this type of problem before, I'm still at the same job and thought this was the job that Lord had opened the door for me, that I was going to be comfortable and do good and not have the same problems as I've had at my last job I quit 3 years ago because of the same situation.

So I'm asking that my brothers and sisters pray for me and that my situation gets better at this job, I've been here a year already, I pray everyday and night that my circumstances change, but they don't

I feel like people take my kindness as a weakness and take advantage of me, I've spoken to upper management several times about this guy and they have done nothing about it, he continues to sit at his desk doing nothing, and I get stuck with all the work.

What should I do, see this psychiatrist would this be like not believing that God could help my troubles through prayer, I'm 51 I can't keep changing from job to job.

And I feel like my prayers aren't being answered.

Father, you know @JohnPaul better than he knows himself and you know his struggles. Please grant him peace in his work place and turn the mountains that are before him into flat lands. Take away his anxiety and help him to do the work set before him with the Spirit of Might until he understands the reasons he has been placed there and if the time comes for him to move on, close this doorway of work and open another according to your will. I ask this Father by faith, in Jesus mighty name. animated-praying-smiley-image-0017.gif

JohnPaul

Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Father, you know @JohnPaul better than he knows himself and you know his struggles. Please grant him peace in his work place and turn the mountains that are before him into flat lands. Take away his anxiety and help him to do the work set before him with the Spirit of Might until he understands the reasons he has been placed there and if the time comes for him to move on, close this doorway of work and open another according to your will. I ask this Father by faith, in Jesus mighty name. View attachment 17771
God bless you Angelina, and thank you for the heartfelt prayer, it means a lot to me, may God bless you always.

Reactions: farouk