I quit i can't do anything right

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd like to make a suggestion too...I notice you have posted 20 or more threads...I know you have a lot of questions concerning Christianity, but try writing your questions down and just focus on the most important to you right now. I'd even delete the others maybe until you are ready, because it will just confuse you more. You could pm @lforrest or @Angelina they could help you with this...I know you can only post in this section of the forums, but it still seems like a lot. The Mister Michael forum. :) just a suggestion so you will not be pegged as a troll as a couple have mentioned.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have like an on campus Christian ministry at your school perhaps that you can talk to someone about what is going on? Online is really good support, but it may be good to really talk to someone face to face, especially if it would involve something like shunning.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with this! I tell you what Michael...

When.I was 15, I came to know Jesus Christ as my Savior. Do you know a couple weeks after this, my mom and dad divorced? We had to move from my home and school in Houston to a remote town in Leander, Texas where I had no friends. In fact, some even threw my journals around that I wrote in, and made me chase after them. Memories came back of sexual abuse from my father. And my mom took me to every church in the area...every denomination. I was so confused. I wasn't allowed on the internet at the time until I was 21, but I was just like you....it is a cry for help, but you have to first be able to help yourself before anyone else can help you.

I started self injury when I was 16 and cut myself with razors. It was a long 10 year struggle just about. I isolated and would not talk to anyone and fell into a deep depression. So mom took me to counselor after counselor, but I was told I couldn't tell them about her locking my dad up in the backroom with a deadbolt in chain with the windows boarded up, because they would take me away or she would go to jail. I didn't want that to happen. And to me, it was normal anyway. Dad agreed to it, so it was okay in my mind. So I was a child. I wanted comfort from everyone, but honestly, no one could help...

Then when I was 20, I was allowed on forums and discovered Christian Forums. And I basically lived on it and talked about it with everyone. And honestly that encouragement kept me going. But I wish I had kinda got advice like this then, because I wouldn't have felt so many regrets now.

But I almost took my life when I was 21 and at my lowest, that is when a kind pastor took me under his wing and discipled me. They let me live there for many months when my aunt kicked me out of her house with the same words as Stranger. And only until now do I finally understand why she did that. She may be agnostic, but I didnt get help until she did that. This is when I went into Teen Challenge, a faith based program to help me overcome depression and self injury. They are assembly of God, which was definitely a new world for me...but between them and another faith based program I graduated, God has moved in my life and I am finally free. And I know what I believe. But you can only do this with God's power, Michael. You got to grit your teeth and do what you need to do. Because I think you know what is right. And with Jesus Christ, you are never alone.

I am now married with a daughter. I haven't self injured in a very long time, many years, though I admit that I have had urges off and on. Those temptations are always there to keep me humble and remind me to remain strong. Even anxiety...I deal with a lot of that. But I depend on God's power to overcome.

You need to forgive yourself and others that have hurt you and let go of any and all bitterness.

Sorry to hear of your experience in Leander. How long did you live in that area? I am very familiar with it.

Stranger

Reactions: Mayflower

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
me out
Do you have like an on campus Christian ministry at your school perhaps that you can talk to someone about what is going on? Online is really good support, but it may be good to really talk to someone face to face, especially if it would involve something like shunning.

it's a public school

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to hear of your experience in Leander. How long did you live in that area? I am very familiar with it.

Stranger

Really! Wow. It was my 11th grade year the first time at 15...we moved back to Houston in my senior year. Then I lived in Leander again for a year at 20 before Teen Challenge when my mom had to go into a nursing home. My aunt, her sister, knew what was best in that situation. So yeh, it was a real hard time. But I did like my church when I lived there. That same pastor walked me down the aisle as my father, for my wedding, coming up from Colorado. God really does work all things together for good.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I'd like to make a suggestion too...I notice you have posted 20 or more threads...I know you have a lot of questions concerning Christianity, but try writing your questions down and just focus on the most important to you right now. I'd even delete the others maybe until you are ready, because it will just confuse you more. You could pm @lforrest or @Angelina they could help you with this...I know you can only post in this section of the forums, but it still seems like a lot. The Mister Michael forum. :) just a suggestion so you will not be pegged as a troll as a couple have mentioned.

which thread
s should i take down

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really! Wow. It was my 11th grade year the first time at 15...we moved back to Houston in my senior year. Then I lived in Leander again for a year at 20 before Teen Challenge when my mom had to go into a nursing home. My aunt, her sister, knew what was best in that situation. So yeh, it was a real hard time. But I did like my church when I lived there. That same pastor walked me down the aisle as my father, for my wedding, coming up from Colorado. God really does work all things together for good.

Let me ask you, do you remember 'barnes one stop'? Sewards Junction?

Stranger

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me ask you, do you remember 'barnes one stop'? Sewards Junction?

Stranger

Not at all! But I worked at Target in Cedar Park. But we better not troll his thread. Maybe the fellowship thread since I don't pm guys.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
But not for the count.

Public schools sometimes have Christian Clubs where people of like mind meet together (at least this was true when I was in High School 1989-1991). You should check into whether there is anything like that where you are going.
if it has one then why can't i find it no way my parents would let me join. especially my grandparents

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just ask Him and He WILL show you. He is able to even open the most hardened hearts, so how much more if you just ask and believe what He says- I Jn 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us..."

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if it has one then why can't i find it no way my parents would let me join. especially my grandparents
If you're looking for it in your school and can't find it then it might not be at your school. So you would have to go to a different place to find fellowship.

Do your parents force you to stay in on Sundays and/or Wednesday/Thursday Nights? Do they monitor your every step?

If they don't, then you can probably find a church meeting that meets either on a Sunday morning or on a Wednesday or Thursday Night. Just pray about where the Lord would have you go for fellowship.

He knows it if all you can manage right now is fellowship on these boards. But there is something to be said about being "in church". It is the only place that you can learn the songs of the faith (although if you search the radio stations, you might be able to find some Christian radio. The Bible says, "Blessed are the ones who know the joyful sound."). Did you pray for that gift of discernment? That gift will also help you to know whether something on the radio is the Lord's music or not.