I quit i can't do anything right

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
These you ought to enjoy, being that you say you are a JW and all:

Videos...

Take care...you are overloading videos and swamping a thread with them.
Go and check the Site Rules...a new rule came out against people who "flood" with videos ...and dominate a thread.

Just saying.

(Plus...do you really think a person has time enough in a day to watch ALL those... If you can't write a post, then forget it.)

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Stranger is telling you what he's telling you for your own good.
You're sounding like you wallow in the mire.

Get out of it for goodness sake.
Stop worrying about your salvation.
I'll tell you a little secret...
If you're worried about your salvation, it means you're saved.

Here's something another pastor told me:
If you're looking for God, you've already found him.

Now, unless you have some mental problems or are depressed, grab a hold of those boot straps and pull tight on them and before you know it you'll be standing up.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Quit worrying about your relationship with God, you already have one.
Go see the new Incredibles movie --- it's a blast.
Oh, and did you ever see Dispicable Me? That's a blast too.

Be happy.
Love God.
He loves you back.
Hang loose and smile...

I agree with this! I tell you what Michael...

When.I was 15, I came to know Jesus Christ as my Savior. Do you know a couple weeks after this, my mom and dad divorced? We had to move from my home and school in Houston to a remote town in Leander, Texas where I had no friends. In fact, some even threw my journals around that I wrote in, and made me chase after them. Memories came back of sexual abuse from my father. And my mom took me to every church in the area...every denomination. I was so confused. I wasn't allowed on the internet at the time until I was 21, but I was just like you....it is a cry for help, but you have to first be able to help yourself before anyone else can help you.

I started self injury when I was 16 and cut myself with razors. It was a long 10 year struggle just about. I isolated and would not talk to anyone and fell into a deep depression. So mom took me to counselor after counselor, but I was told I couldn't tell them about her locking my dad up in the backroom with a deadbolt in chain with the windows boarded up, because they would take me away or she would go to jail. I didn't want that to happen. And to me, it was normal anyway. Dad agreed to it, so it was okay in my mind. So I was a child. I wanted comfort from everyone, but honestly, no one could help...

Then when I was 20, I was allowed on forums and discovered Christian Forums. And I basically lived on it and talked about it with everyone. And honestly that encouragement kept me going. But I wish I had kinda got advice like this then, because I wouldn't have felt so many regrets now.

But I almost took my life when I was 21 and at my lowest, that is when a kind pastor took me under his wing and discipled me. They let me live there for many months when my aunt kicked me out of her house with the same words as Stranger. And only until now do I finally understand why she did that. She may be agnostic, but I didnt get help until she did that. This is when I went into Teen Challenge, a faith based program to help me overcome depression and self injury. They are assembly of God, which was definitely a new world for me...but between them and another faith based program I graduated, God has moved in my life and I am finally free. And I know what I believe. But you can only do this with God's power, Michael. You got to grit your teeth and do what you need to do. Because I think you know what is right. And with Jesus Christ, you are never alone.

I am now married with a daughter. I haven't self injured in a very long time, many years, though I admit that I have had urges off and on. Those temptations are always there to keep me humble and remind me to remain strong. Even anxiety...I deal with a lot of that. But I depend on God's power to overcome.

You need to forgive yourself and others that have hurt you and let go of any and all bitterness.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have doubts about your salvation, Michael, my exhortation to you is 2 Peter 1:5-11 and Philippians 2:12-13.

Now notice that in the latter passage it doesn't say work for your salvation with fear and trembling. It says work it out.

So then, Philippians 2:12 is reiterated quite nicely in 2 Peter 1:10.

Hopefully 2 Peter 1:10 can clarify for you what Paul meant by Philippians 2:12, also.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I agree with this! I tell you what Michael...

When.I was 15, I came to know Jesus Christ as my Savior. Do you know a couple weeks after this, my mom and dad divorced? We had to move from my home and school in Houston to a remote town in Leander, Texas where I had no friends. In fact, some even threw my journals around that I wrote in, and made me chase after them. Memories came back of sexual abuse from my father. And my mom took me to every church in the area...every denomination. I was so confused. I wasn't allowed on the internet at the time until I was 21, but I was just like you....it is a cry for help, but you have to first be able to help yourself before anyone else can help you.

I started self injury when I was 16 and cut myself with razors. It was a long 10 year struggle just about. I isolated and would not talk to anyone and fell into a deep depression. So mom took me to counselor after counselor, but I was told I couldn't tell them about her locking my dad up in the backroom with a deadbolt in chain with the windows boarded up, because they would take me away or she would go to jail. I didn't want that to happen. And to me, it was normal anyway. Dad agreed to it, so it was okay in my mind. So I was a child. I wanted comfort from everyone, but honestly, no one could help...

Then when I was 20, I was allowed on forums and discovered Christian Forums. And I basically lived on it and talked about it with everyone. And honestly that encouragement kept me going. But I wish I had kinda got advice like this then, because I wouldn't have felt so many regrets now.

But I almost took my life when I was 21 and at my lowest, that is when a kind pastor took me under his wing and discipled me. They let me live there for many months when my aunt kicked me out of her house with the same words as Stranger. And only until now do I finally understand why she did that. She may be agnostic, but I didnt get help until she did that. This is when I went into Teen Challenge, a faith based program to help me overcome depression and self injury. They are assembly of God, which was definitely a new world for me...but between them and another faith based program I graduated, God has moved in my life and I am finally free. And I know what I believe. But you can only do this with God's power, Michael. You got to grit your teeth and do what you need to do. Because I think you know what is right. And with Jesus Christ, you are never alone.

I am now married with a daughter. I haven't self injured in a very long time, many years, though I admit that I have had urges off and on. Those temptations are always there to keep me humble and remind me to remain strong. Even anxiety...I deal with a lot of that. But I depend on God's power to overcome.

You need to forgive yourself and others that have hurt you and let go of any and all bitterness.

that can't happen for me.

i only feel bitterness no joy.

how am i s'pose to let go of bitterness it's all i have left.

i appreciate your help but i don't think it'll work.

i am to far gone.

i been told i am reading a corrupt bible and my religion is a harmful cult.

i know stranger is trying to help in a tough way but i am not ready to be a man.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It can happen for you, Michael.

Not in the natural; but in the supernatural.

The fact that you do not feel joy right now in no way means that God cannot pour His joy into your heart.

If you seek Him with all of your heart, you will find Him (Matthew 7:7-8, Luke 11:9-13, Jeremiah 29:13).

He will pour His joy into your heart when you do (Galatians 5:22-23, 1 Peter 1:8).

To seek Him with all your heart means that you seek the Lord because you want to know Him (you want a relationship with Him).

Now I am not saying you are doing this now; but as a safeguard for the future I want to tell you that if you seek God for the sake of the joy and peace that He offers, you are not seeking Him for Him; and thus not with all of your heart yet.

But I will say that His joy and peace is like icing on the cake when you finally do come to know Him.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
It can happen for you, Michael.

Not in the natural; but in the supernatural.

The fact that you do not feel joy right now in no way means that God cannot pour His joy into your heart.

If you seek Him with all of your heart, you will find Him (Matthew 7:7-8, Luke 11:9-13, Jeremiah 29:13).

He will pour His joy into your heart when you do (Galatians 5:22-23, 1 Peter 1:8).

To seek Him with all your heart means that you seek the Lord because you want to know Him (you want a relationship with Him).

Now I am not saying you are doing this now; but as a safeguard for the future I want to tell you that if you seek God for the sake of the joy and peace that He offers, you are not seeking Him for Him; and thus not with all of your heart yet.

But I will say that His joy and peace is like icing on the cake when you finally do come to know Him.

i wish i could but for some reason i can't let go of bitterness.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That bitterness is a stronghold of the enemy in your life. But it can be demolished by the weapons of warfare that God has given to the saints (2 Corinthians 10:3-5).

I would start by identifying who it is in your life that you have bitterness towards (ask the Lord if, in your conscious mind, you don't know who it is); and then asking God to give you the power to forgive them: and then, by an act of faith, say with your mouth to the Lord, "I forgive ________ for ________, and I also ask You to forgive them for what they did to me."

This can be a process that takes a certain amount of time; and you also may have to do it more than once as the Lord shows you that you still have unforgiveness towards that person.

Forgiving people who have wronged you can be like peeling off the layers of an onion.

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
That bitterness is a stronghold of the enemy in your life. But it can be demolished by the weapons of warfare that God has given to the saints (2 Corinthians 10:3-5).

I would start by identifying who it is in your life that you have bitterness towards (ask the Lord if, in your conscious mind, you don't know who it is); and then asking God to give you the power to forgive them: and then, by an act of faith, say with your mouth to the Lord, "I forgive ________ for ________, and I also ask You to forgive them for what they did to me."

This can be a process that takes a certain amount of time; and you also may have to do it more than once as the Lord shows you that you still have unforgiveness towards that person.

Forgiving people who have wronged you can be like peeling off the layers of an onion.

my bitterness is not to one person but people who want to destroy my already breaking jw faith.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that can't happen for me.

i only feel bitterness no joy.

how am i s'pose to let go of bitterness it's all i have left.

i appreciate your help but i don't think it'll work.

i am to far gone.

i been told i am reading a corrupt bible and my religion is a harmful cult.

i know stranger is trying to help in a tough way but i am not ready to be a man.
Keep in mind Sean, that the Joy of The Lord is not so much happiness but, more so a peace that surpasses all understanding. His grace is WAY bigger than anything you can ever do. He is a WAY MAKER!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my bitterness is not to one person but people who want to destroy my already breaking jw faith.
I don't think anybody is trying to destroy your faith. They are giving you options to make up our own mind with the calling upon The Holy Spirit to reveal truth to you, and the peace that comes from it. You alone, can make your choices. If you are on this forum to seek the truth...simply ask and believe, it will be revealed..."let it be done unto you according to your faith"

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
i think my problem is that i am trying to hold on to the shreds of my Jw Faith.

and i am not ready to let go and be disfellowshipped.

i don't want to lose my Grandparents.

where would i go to next after the kingdom hall kicks.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's alright to keep your newfound faith a secret from your family until you feel you have the strength to stand up for it.

For now, all I think that the Lord requires of you is that you consider what people are saying about the faith of Christianity.

And if you believe, that is something that is of your heart and not necessarily something that you have to broadcast to your family, unless you begin to want to tell them about it for that you want them also to be saved.

Jesus did say, "If you confess me before men, I will also confess you before my Father which is in heaven," and, "If you deny me before men, I will also deny you before my Father which is in heaven."

So if you believe and are asked whether you believe, it is best not to deny, but to confess that Jesus is your Lord.

But if no one asks you, it is not necessarily denying Him to not go and tell everyone that you have been born again.

Of course, if you are truly born again, that information cannot help but become evident in due process of time. Someone will ask you why you are different if God has indeed made you into a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17). In such a case, be prepared to give an answer for the hope that is in you (1 Peter 3:15-16).

However, I don't believe the Lord will allow this to happen before you are truly ready to take the consequences from your family for believing in Jesus (if you are wise about the whole deal...see Matthew 10:16). The Lord never allows us to go through anything we can't truly handle (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower