I think the crucifix is a Satanic, twisted, perverted, counterfeit, trophy of the cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know the cross is holy but the crucifix looks more like a trophy that Satan would hang in his office. Satan has used God's children to mock God by wearing and displaying the crucifix. As a Catholic for 50 years, I was one of them. As an altar boy I sometimes carried the crucifix to the altar with a priest in tow.

To my Catholic brothers and sisters, it's not my intention to provoke or offend. I hope that we can agree to disagree and still be brothers and sisters in Christ.

Reactions: David in NJ

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know the cross is holy but the crucifix looks more like a trophy that Satan would hang in his office. Satan has used God's children to mock God by wearing and displaying the crucifix. As a Catholic for 50 years, I was one of them. As an altar boy I sometimes carried the crucifix to the altar with a priest in tow.

To my Catholic brothers and sisters, it's not my intention to provoke or offend. I hope that we can agree to disagree and still be brothers and sisters in Christ.
What makes you think the cross is holy? Does the bible say that somewhere? Just curious.

I don't honor the killing of God's son. He chose to sacrifice himself. But Jesus made it known that those that betrayed him were cursed.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Let me show you who took the Cross, and Twisted it into a Satanic Symbol

2 people did this, most recently.

-
GettyImages-119505258-20a15e9.jpeg

-
and Facebook
-

1680988525720.png

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:18
For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Well I think you have to add into that to say the cross itself is holy. It's made out of wood and is a killing device, like the altar and knife of the old testament.

The way I look at it is that Jesus body is holy. It was Jesus' body that was sacrificed for sins. I don't make the assumption that a cross is holy.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I think you have to add into that to say the cross itself is holy. It's made out of wood and is a killing device, like the altar and knife of the old testament.

The way I look at it is that Jesus body is holy. It was Jesus' body that was sacrificed for sins. I don't make the assumption that a cross is holy.

It's symbolic, of course, a symbol of goodness and truth. The crucifix is altogether different, in my opinion.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's symbolic, of course, a symbol of goodness and truth. The crucifix is altogether different, in my opinion.
Perhaps. I think I can't argue that. Jesus died on the cross for our sins. And rose again to proclaim the resurrection.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

A picture of Christ's victory is offensive to you!?

Do you not realize what a picture of love this is? He did this for YOU!

For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

And the world stands perplexed...

For Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom,

but we proclaim Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles,

but to those who are called, Jews and Greeks alike, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

Come to Easter Mass and see...

Jesus Christ publicly portrayed as crucified

Christ IS risen! Alleluia!

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The images that have been shown are not crucifixes , they are crosses. The crucifix is a cross with the image of Christ on it.…….
The issue I have with Churches that display the crucifix is the awareness that Jesus isn’t on the cross anymore- it kind of keeps him there. The cross is central to our faith, but it’s the victory that it brought about that it leads to……..now , I guess , it could be argued that Satan would not want the victory to be the focus but I am not so sure I would call a crucifix satanic because it does represent what Jesus went through for us.
Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't wear a cross or use one. I was brought up that way. I understand that some churches use a cross as part of their worship. I'm however of the understanding that the cross was also used to persecute and kill many potentially innocent people.
I don’t wear a cross either, but the OP is about a crucifix.
In life things will always have the potential for being used for good or evil, does it make the item good or evil, or the way it is being used ?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not so sure I would call a crucifix satanic because it does represent what Jesus went through for us.

Reasonable people can disagree. My guess is the crucifix is an abomination, like most everything else in that organization.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In life things will always have the potential for being used for good or evil, does it make the item good or evil, or the way it is being used ?
Sorry for the confusion, I erased that post as I didn't want to argue against other people's beliefs.

Reactions: Rita

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As I said, to me it looks like a trophy that Satan would hang on his wall, sort of like a hunter mounting the head of a buck that he killed. Again, reasonable people can disagree.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one instance I can see that a crucifixion might be argued is this:

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

And that says that potentially the crucifixion is a symbol of life. So I'm not sure using a symbol of one can be called evil.

Reactions: Illuminator

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Reasonable people can disagree. My guess is the crucifix is an abomination, like most everything else in that organization.
Why did you need to add this .
Your opening post is asking a question that can be debated, this is making a direct statement that is bound to provoke a negative response.