I wish evolution was true ... because I would have Wings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Yeah...that plays well in youth ministries...

"Hey kids! You know that fossil you saw at the museum? You know how you have to get a new flu shot every year? You know that whole human genome thing? STAY AWAY FROM THEM! THEY'RE ALL OF SATAN!!!!!!!!!!!"

:rolleyes:

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
River Jordan said:
Yeah...that plays well in youth ministries...

"Hey kids! You know that fossil you saw at the museum? You know how you have to get a new flu shot every year? You know that whole human genome thing? STAY AWAY FROM THEM! THEY'RE ALL OF SATAN!!!!!!!!!!!"

:rolleyes:
so your trying to say flue shots and evolution is one in the same thing ..

most Christians know better than that .. evolution however is of Satan because it causes doubt in Gods word..

it disagrees with what God in Genesis says. Bill Nye made it clear he did not believe in God and what was he wanting people to believe the bible ? no - he wanted them to believe evolution.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
horsecamp said:
so your trying to say flue shots and evolution is one in the same thing ..
Why do you think a new flu shot is needed each year?
most Christians know better than that .. evolution however is of Satan because it causes doubt in Gods word..

it disagrees with what God in Genesis says. Bill Nye made it clear he did not believe in God and what was he wanting people to believe the bible ? no - he wanted them to believe evolution.
There are millions of Christians who disagree with you on that. I'm one of 'em.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
It's amazing...That's why America is in the state it's in now. Insisting on teaching children lies. Forcing children to be taught by Satan. Straight doctrines of devils. Thank God for the Word shining a light on that darkness...

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
River Jordan said:
This is a good demonstration of what I talked about earlier. People usually develop absurd straw man arguments because they are unable to address the subject as it actually exists.

If such folks were knowledgeable of the science and confident in their ability to discuss it, they wouldn't have to resort to such fallacies.
I am assuming that this is directed at me. Certainly you can explain what is "absurd" or "strawman" about the argument. What fallacies exist?

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Secondhand Lion said:
I am assuming that this is directed at me. Certainly you can explain what is "absurd" or "strawman" about the argument. What fallacies exist?
My comment was directed at the subject of this thread (If evolution is true, then I should have wings).

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
'The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the Unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing factory'~Edwin Conklin :)

Reactions: KingJ

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
River Jordan said:

BELEIVE ME THE FLUE VIRUS will NOT change into a hippopotamus.. or some other specie.'
that's not the reason we get a flue shot...

the reason is with in the same specie their are different types ..

what type of human are you.. do you have long legs or short ones.. in school were you better at lunch or physical exercise..

were you good at jumping or climbing over things ..

species can also change .. if all of a sudden you decided to be better at lunch than physical exercise You wouldn't turn into a pig but you might start to be a little chunky around the hams .. and you would be come more easy to control than some one more energetic.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Mr.Bride said:
'The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the Unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing factory'~Edwin Conklin :)
Can I see your probability calculations?
horsecamp said:
BELEIVE ME THE FLUE VIRUS will NOT change into a hippopotamus.. or some other specie.
No one ever said it would. But you didn't answer the question: Why do we need a new flu shot every year?

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Mr.Bride said:
Oh you're one of the Christians who disagrees with him on that?

Mine or Edwin's?
Yes, I disagree that evolution is of Satan and contradicts God's Word.

And either set of calculations would be fine.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
River Jordan said:

y

River Jordan said:

there were millions of Christians who thought the crusades were right also and just like your millions of Christians they were wrong to..

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Mr.Bride said:
Anything that is not of God is of the devil. People included...Contradicts God Word??? Show me evolution in the Bible.
Powered flight is not in the Bible, so I guess that's "of the devil"?

"Then God said "Let the land produce vegetation"." Sounds like evolution to me.
horsecamp said:
there were millions of Christians who thought the crusades were right also and just like your millions of Christians they were wrong to..
Yep, and there were millions of Christians who thought the Bible taught a flat earth that didn't move and denied the science that showed otherwise. :eek:

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
River Jordan said:
Can I see your probability calculations?

No one ever said it would. But you didn't answer the question: Why do we need a new flu shot every year?
I answered your question why we need a flue shot read #33

Status
Not open for further replies.