1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I wonder where this might lead...

Discussion in 'Eschatology & Prophecy Forum' started by brakelite, Sep 27, 2019.

1. brakelite

brakelite Guest

Well done on the jury angle...agree wholeheartedly. Only from the mouth of two or three witnesses shall a thing be established. Have you read through the thread I started on this very topic...Verdict...guilty?

4Jesus likes this.
  2. brakelite

brakelite Guest

And you cannot see your church's role in the current movement toward global hegemony? Or is this perhaps something you agree with and see no issue with it?

4Jesus likes this.
  3. brakelite

brakelite Guest

You may enjoy this...The Way

4Jesus likes this.
  4. Keraz

Keraz Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    New Zealand
    I read your article, thanks. I especially agree with this:
    'That plan was to restore mankind as law-abiding citizens that once again they may be fit for the role He intended for them, kings and judges and witnesses in the conflict. That my friends is the purpose of the gospel'. Quote Brakelite.

I disagree with you interpretation of the time periods of Daniel and Revelation. However; those historical dates and times may point to the final and accurate fulfilment yet to happen.
    I will look again at that thread.
    Scripture tells us that we will judge the angels. 1 Corinthians 6:3

But to be worthy of that honor, we must be proved faithful and firm in our trust of God. And how God will do that, is to pass us thru fire. 1 Peter 4:12 We must endure until the end, until Jesus Returns.
    Rapture to heaven anyone? Don't those who believe in a 'rapture' realize that theory automatically disqualifies them from being one of God's children? Hebrews 12:7-13

5. Philip James

Philip James Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Rome, Alexandria, Constantinople....
    3 living witnesses to the Truth of the 'deposit of faith'

Where are your 2000 year old witnesses?

Peace!

6. Philip James

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    The Spirit and the Water and the Blood.

Not the Spirit only , but the Spirit and the water and the Blood!

Peace!

7. quietthinker

quietthinker Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Here's some food for thought.... has it been considered that the 144,000 and the large multitude are one and the same?

4Jesus and bbyrd009 like this.
  8. Keraz

Keraz Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    New Zealand
    The 144,000 are selected by Jesus, Revelation 14:1-5, OUT OF the vast multitude. Revelation 7:1-9.
    Rev 7 is a chapter that entirely describes earthly scenes. Never does it say anyone goes to heaven. Verses 1-14 describe the scene soon after the Sixth Seal worldwide devastation of the Sixth Seal.
    Verses 15-17 are about Eternity; after the Millennium. Revelation 21:1-7

4Jesus likes this.
  9. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    i'm curious how you might know for sure that they did not originate in you? The emo part i agree, not that that makes it any more or less true lol

10. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    ta-daa
    12x12 000 is likely a pretty Scriptural way to say "evabody" huh

11. Philip James

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Hello Keraz,

And I know where we can find 144000 virgins, selected from the multitude, and consecrated to Jesus...

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

12. brakelite

brakelite Guest

Well, let me tell you about one. I received a phone call from a neighbour friend who lived 'next door' so to speak, but 100 yards down the road. We were the only people within miles of one another, out in the forest. He was having trouble with his wife, and needed help. I went down to see what was up, and he invited me in and my wife and I sat down. His wife then came in and as soon as she saw me she lost complete control of her senses and began to attack me verbally, screaming in her native language. Then she made an effort to physically attack and her husband, muich bigger and stronger than she, had to wrestle her to the floor and it took all his strength to hold her back. All the while she was continuing in her language, clearly threatening and abusing. She totally ignored my wife...her sole focus was on me. Our children attended the same school, and we had all been best of friends for years. There was no personal animosity between us, or any previous issues.
    All the time I was praying quietly, and sitting relatively calmly, albeit very concerned and annoyed with myself because I knew I wasn't spiritually on top of things at that time and was tota;lly unprepared for such an event. Anyway, after a certain time, maybe half an hour or so, she calmed down and my friend left the room with her and she went to sleep in the room. He returned and said that although the language she was speaking was one he was fluent in, he said the dialect she was speaking was so ancient, he could only understand a few words, and it wasn't anything she had learned. He believed she had been delving too deep into areas of spiritualism within their native religious system, and had been taken over by spirits of their ancestors. Personally, I no longer believe that possible, but went with that at the time. But it certainly didn't come from within me. The next day she had no idea what had taken place the night before.
    I could speak of other times as well, once when alone, but others when my wife was present and when she alerted me to their presence before I realised they were there. So yeah, I'm sure they didn't originate with me.

bbyrd009 and 4Jesus like this.
  13. Giuliano

Giuliano Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I doubt that. :)

Revelation 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

14. Giuliano

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Ha, that may be something everyone needs to sort out for himself.

15. Philip James

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Well as our good friend @Guiliano said on another thread

"What's to worry about? God is still on His throne. All is well"

Peace!

Giuliano likes this.
  16. Giuliano

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    And let the angels sort the wheat from the tares. . . .

17. Philip James

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Amen to that brother! I know I'm not qualified...

Peace!

Giuliano likes this.
  18. quietthinker

quietthinker Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    What I find interesting is, in verse 4 he hears the number ie, he doesn't see them while in verse 9 he sees a multitude, one that was not numerable. Considering this context I think it's reasonable to conclude they are the same people. 12 x 12, 000 representing the complete number of those saved from all the families of the earth. bbryrd mentioned it a few posts back. #670

I also think it is in error to conclude that Israel as in the nation past or present will be a seperate group.
    God is into saving Adams seed (humanity). National Israel were privileged to know the real God but they threw him out time and time again. They violated their special status to the point of it being given to others ie, those who value the privilege (believers)

As an example...Israel through history was given the ascendency and abused it so it was given to the Babylonians and Israel became servants to teach them a lesson. It happened several times and the lesson was not learnt. It was taken from them permanently as a nation when they murdered their Lord and given to others. Jesus tells stories to this end.

brakelite likes this.
  19. Giuliano

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Why do you say that? Jews did not kill Jesus. Romans did. It ties in with our theme of how false religion and government conspire with each other at times. When religion depends on government to do its bidding, I think the results are almost always bad.

20. brakelite

brakelite Guest

Stephen, under the inspiration of the holy Spirit, laid the blame for Jesus death firmly and squarely upon the shoulders of the ruling party of saducees and Pharisees .
    Ac 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
    The Romans, even Pilate, would have had no interest in crucifying another religious leader unless the Jews brought it to their attention. The Jews had no authority to execute anyone, so needed Pilate to sanction their farce, and I suggest the only reason Pilate went along with it was because he was afraid of any negative report getting back to Caesar about him allowing someone to live who claimed to be a king without the approval of Rome.

Reggie Belafonte likes this.