I would like prayer to be a lighthouse

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was already praying about this and while I did I had a vision of a lighthouse, that cleared up what I am asking for.

I have a little social anxiety and it keeps me from a lot. I realized sometimes my feeling uncomfortable makes people uncomfortable because I can't verbally express myself when I am anxious.

It's not intentional- my brain just shuts off until I am used to the person.

But I would like prayer to be more open and comfortable around people, and allow them to feel comfortable and open, not for my own sake, but so that I can be a lighthouse for Christ, and be a welcome place to where people are open to finding Jesus.

Right now, I'm too inhibited.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was already praying about this and while I did I had a vision of a lighthouse, that cleared up what I am asking for.

I have a little social anxiety and it keeps me from a lot. I realized sometimes my feeling uncomfortable makes people uncomfortable because I can't verbally express myself when I am anxious.

But I would like prayer to be more open and comfortable around people, and allow them to feel comfortable and open, not for my own sake, but so that I can be a lighthouse for Christ, and be a welcome place to where people are open to finding Jesus.

Praying that God will help you with this sister.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@FluffyYellowDuck,

As you allow God to draw you into His purposes, His light shining through your interactions with others will become like a beacon shining along the pathway that all should tread as they follow your lead into following His purposes like I can see you now doing as well.

Shalom

P.S. Both Salt and Light should perform the right Application in the lives of the people we rub shoulders with. Both the salt and the light should be used at the right Time for them to be effective. Both the Salt and the Light should be applied to/in the right Place for them to be effective.

Using the three letters, A, T and P they spell out three words, Apt, Tap and Pat.

What we do for the Lord should be Apt for the purposes that He has called us to. When we are fulfilling God's purposes through what we do for the Lord, we should be like a fully opened Tap so that there is no restriction in our lives that would restrict the flow of God's purposes and love flowing out of our lives. When we get the Apt right and function like a Tap, there will always be a gentle Pat for us from God when we complete His purposes within the situation of living our life for Christ to the fullest, to confirm that our actions were within God's purposes for us as we bask in the shadow of His Glory.

Shalom

Reactions: DuckieLady and Rita

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck,

As you allow God to draw you into His purposes, His light shining through your interactions with others will become like a beacon shining along the pathway that all should tread as they follow your lead into following His purposes like I can see you now doing as well.

Shalom

P.S. Both Salt and Light should perform the right Application in the lives of the people we rub shoulders with. Both the salt and the light should be used at the right Time for them to be effective. Both the Salt and the Light should be applied to/in the right Place for them to be effective.

Using the three letters, A, T and P they spell out three words, Apt, Tap and Pat.

What we do for the Lord should be Apt for the purposes that He has called us to. When we are fulfilling God's purposes through what we do for the Lord, we should be like a fully opened Tap so that there is no restriction in our lives that would restrict the flow of God's purposes and love flowing out of our lives. When we get the Apt right and function like a Tap, there will always be a gentle Pat for us from God when we complete His purposes within the situation of living our life for Christ to the fullest, to confirm that our actions were within God's purposes for us as we bask in the shadow of His Glory.

Shalom
I love this. Never heard it before. Thank you @Jay Ross :)

Reactions: Jay Ross

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Poor self image Fluffy, guilt and shame are the accusing voices Satan uses to make us think we are not good enough. With these tactics he has great success with many, particularly those who are Christians whose roll models as children neglected to reinforce that we are worthwhile people.
Our challenge is to see ourselves as God sees us. Learning and reinforcing how God sees us and grasp it for all we are worth breaks that bind.
I know for myself this has been the case.

The podcasts link in my signature has much to say about this.....you might listen to some of them

Reactions: DuckieLady

dominic

Jan 11, 2022
Okinawa, Japan
www.pureheart.page
Faith
Christian
Country
Japan

Dear Jesus, please help this dear person to be a light and fearless and courageous. Please help us always walk in the spirit. Please help us to please You Lord in all our goings out and all our days. Please let them feel Your great presence in Jesus' name. Amen.

May God grant you all good gifts and blessings in Jesus' name. Yes. Amen.