Ian ..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only bridge to Sanibel Island has collapsed. They are going house to house right now through Fort Myers. You can bet there are boats at Sanibel doing the same.

Lee County Sheriff has estimated hundreds of dead Fort Myers .....That's because they have no idea who left and who stayed. The entire grid in Fort Myers may have to be rebuilt.
arrive and mess things
42,000 Linemen are waiting to start restoring power. On the highway south of Biringham, more line crews on their way south .

This opens up in stages. The first stage involves residents only allowed in. Second stage includes house to house ....third stage kick starts power, gas and water.

The last to arrive? FEMA. Punta Gorda, we were in within hours. We had generators set up and tents to the church. Power, water, and hot food. FEMA wandered in the second day with nothing. We fed them for two days before their stuff arrived.

But never fear! Biden has ordered FEMA to arrive then mass things up ...Federal Government ..

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The destruction caused by natural events is tragic. But the power of nature in the wind and storms in the floods and earthquakes is awesome.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a dear friend in Ft Myers, she's in her 70's, and stayed. I waiting to hear from her.

Praying!

Much love!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Has the storm finished now, I understand it was the biggest hurricane they have experienced. My son and I were watching videos of the storm last night. I hope people get the help they need xx
Rita

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has the storm finished now, I understand it was the biggest hurricane they have experienced. My son and I were watching videos of the storm last night. I hope people get the help they need xx
Rita
Rita, from my understanding it powered back up to a Cat 1 and will make a second land fall shortly to the north and east coast of Florida at south Carolina. National and Local Weather Radar, Daily Forecast, Hurricane and information from The Weather Channel and weather.com

Last edited:

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Andrew was a lot bigger. The problem being that more and more people build and buy on the coast. That makes these storms more expensive. The trouble is who stayed and who left? The only mandatory evacuation is mobile home parks. News was that people in Fort Myers had stayed and were making 911 calls as water was building in their attics ...their escape route. When Katrina hit, there were experiences of people getting trapped in their attics and drowning. I lived in Clearwater and decided to buy a tool kit with an axe to keep in the attic, just in case. If you've seen enough of these and lived through them, you start "gathering" in July. Cases of water, canned goods. propane to cook with. Transistor radios, batteries ....You get ready for that one event.

The issue facing most of these people now ...the storm has passed, now the temperatures climb. It gets hot, no stores are open ...You pray for FEMA to have truckloads of supplies .....better to look for local churches and contribution centers ....In Charlie at Punta Gorda, six of us had trailer loads of water, food, generators. Within two days we saw several other trucks arrive. We set up tents, cooking, and were actually feeding FEMA because they arrived with nothing. The church had showers and our generators supplied A/C power. That's what works the best ...Good Samaritans working hard to care for their brothers and sisters.

Compare the preparation and reaction from Florida ....to New Orleans anywhere California ...Florida shows them all up ...every one ..

Last edited:
Reactions: shortangel

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I kept waiting .... Charlie Crist didn't disapoint. "We need to control climate change to end these storms."

Only one description concerning Charlie Crist and Klobuchar .....Class Idiots.

Hurricanes have been a part of the sand bar Florida for well over a thousand years. Hundreds of wind power sailing ships lay at the bottom of the ocean surrounding Florida because of hurricanes. Barrier Islands broken into islands with passes because of hurricanes. The most irritating thing to hear and see, is the ignorance on full display by the political agenda driven journalists and the much more stupid politicians.

Reactions: marks

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Betrayal ... Biden comes on with a prime time speach written by a fool and then recited by a bigger fool.

"We have sent the Coast Guard to Florida" ......1,0000 Pinochios!

There are three Coast Guard bases in Florida. One of those is located in St Petersburg. Hurricane Hunters are located at Clearwater Airport.

There are 6 Air Force Bases, I Marine Base, i Army Base and 11 Navy Bases .....

Joe

While you were sleeping, getting a diaper change or eating pudding ....exactly what were you doing Joe? Hiding in the basement? Once you respond to the emergency request by the Governor of the state ....please ....just get out of the way and take your afternoon nap.

In about a week, they'll trot out this fool so he can wander around as if he knows what he's doing. Time for Jill to put a leash on his collar so she can lead him in the direction to go after reading a speech that he neither understands or means ....

This charade is past tiring ....