Idolatry

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
Idolatry takes on many forms. I have learned since being saved that idolatry can take on the form of anything that takes the place of God in your life. Where should we draw the line as God fearing people in society? Is idolatry becoming a problem? What are some of you opinions on this? I think that the act of enjoying the things around us without discerning good gifts from bad can lead us straight to idol worship. Or even taking pleasure in the good things and never crediting God could be a form of worship. If we truly are worshiping God here and we truly are in love with the Word of God and Jesus Christ then I gotta ask this...Why? Anyone have an answer or opinion on this?

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
People who place God first in their lives above everything are God fearing. Those who do not value God have (without a doubt) 100% an idol. Be it their work, their family, or the tv.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(Wakka;48391)
People who place God first in their lives above everything are God fearing. Those who do not value God have (without a doubt) 100% an idol. Be it their work, their family, or the tv.
So you are saying people who look at sin on the tv or at a movie house are God fearing.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: Wouldn't this apply to people who watch other men's husband's and wives play make believe on movies and tv? Or what watching murders, lies, and mayhem, greed, basic "entertainment"? And if so where is the fear? It doesen't seem to frighten to many people. If they are afraid of God why do they have so much pleasure in unrighteousness?Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. What say you?

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
What say I?I'm saying that God fearing Christians would have better things to do like worshiping God. Real Christians would rather read the Bible than watch some 2 hour soap opera on tv every day.It matters where you place God in your life. If He's everything to you than you're a Christian. If you still go to see R rated horror films at the movies, you've got something to fix. God told us to take our crosses, and sacrifice ourselves for Him. Me, I gave up video games and television. All of that worldly stuff. You cannot have both, it's either God or yourself.

cronnie36

May 3, 2008
(Wakka;48460)
What say I?I'm saying that God fearing Christians would have better things to do like worshiping God. Real Christians would rather read the Bible than watch some 2 hour soap opera on tv every day.It matters where you place God in your life. If He's everything to you than you're a Christian. If you still go to see R rated horror films at the movies, you've got something to fix. God told us to take our crosses, and sacrifice ourselves for Him. Me, I gave up video games and television. All of that worldly stuff. You cannot have both, it's either God or yourself.
What's the difference between R rated and G rated films if they both feature a man and woman committing adultery by smooching it up on screen, or someone telling even a little white lie? Sin is sin is sin. I say cut it all out.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(cronnie36;48465)
What's the difference between R rated and G rated films if they both feature a man and woman committing adultery by smooching it up on screen, or someone telling even a little white lie? Sin is sin is sin. I say cut it all out.
I was just using the R rated film as an example.