Idols

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Great topic Angelina, one that truly makes one stop and think....

Love you
Shep

There are 3 idols that christians may have in there lives , yet wont see them as such

Church
The cross
The bible.

Why? simply, they have found a place of more importance then Jesus, God and the Holy Spirit.

In His Love

I totally agree...if we do not sit in His presence and listen to His voice..we truly become fixated on the Bible, sitting in a church pew and worshiping the cross, instead of spending time with the Lord Jesus. The cross is a symbol of His love for mankind, His sacrifice for us, how much more can He love us, and we still do not sit and learn the truth of the cross, ....the death of the Lord God was to bring reconciliation between God and mankind, we can not stand behind the cross, but before the cross. We have to take up our cross He has given us and walk in His ways, in His strength and in His love, He has ask us to share Him with the world, to share the Kingdom of God with the world, not sit in pews on church day and sit in our chairs and read the Word at home...then go our way in to the world, without sharing what His word says, or standing on the streets instead of on a pew and telling all who will listen about Him....try sitting in a coffee shop with the Bible open, reading it and do it so much people get use to seeing you there...they will come and ask what you are reading or comment on their faith....It is done daily and to get the chance to share Jesus is what we need to do...

Israelsson

Israelsson
Sep 18, 2011
Down here in Satan's kingdom (Earth)
More nonsense.

You show me ONE place where the Scriptures say it is possible for a ""truly sincere Christian" to be mislead "without knowing it". By "truly sincere" I'm not talking about the "People [who] worry more about NFL teams and smartphones than pay attention to the things in the world", or "the rest of Christendom [that] sits back and waits". Nowhere in the Scripture are those definitions applied to a "truly sincere Christian", in fact, those would be more along the lines of definitions of Pharisees. THOSE people are not the "truly sincere". It is not possible for "those given eyes to see and ears to hear" to "become an idolator without even being aware of it"

On the contrary...We are promised...IF we WILL...HE WILL.
by truly sincere, I mean people that love Christ, and adapt their lives to Him, but the teachings they abide by are false. Of course those with eyes and ears given them by Yahshua won't as easily fall in sin. You still have the ability to choose your path whether you see or not. The definitions I gave are of those that profess Christian because they go to church on Sunday and they drop 20 bucks in the offering. They really only go for show, and can probably tell you more stats about football than they can about their own history.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
by truly sincere, I mean people that love Christ, and adapt their lives to Him, but the teachings they abide by are false. Of course those with eyes and ears given them by Yahshua won't as easily fall in sin. You still have the ability to choose your path whether you see or not. .

Then they are NOT "truly sincere".

The definitions I gave are of those that profess Christian because they go to church on Sunday and they drop 20 bucks in the offering. They really only go for show, and can probably tell you more stats about football than they can about their own history.

That is not a "truly sincere Christian", is it? What exactly are you disagreeing with? This entire dialog started with someone saying "a truly sincere Christian can become an idolator without even being aware of it."

Israelsson

Israelsson
Sep 18, 2011
Down here in Satan's kingdom (Earth)
Then they are NOT "truly sincere".

That is not a "truly sincere Christian", is it? What exactly are you disagreeing with? This entire dialog started with someone saying "a truly sincere Christian can become an idolator without even being aware of it."
sincerity can be on many levels, sincere in Christ goes along with the road to hell is paved with good intentions, to be sincere doesn't mean that you know the truth. A pedophile can sincerely 'love' his children, but does he really? A young woman can 'want' the child in her belly, but still choose to murder it with a Jewish abortion doctor. These new models of Canaanite Molech priests. They do the same thing today that they did thousands of years ago. And its made 'okay' by our people today, yet they have a bible on their coffee table and a picture of the ten commandments on the wall. To me, that is a sincere Christian that has fallen into a form of idolatry.

And to set the record straight, I wasn't the one that said a truly sincere christian can fall into idolatry. that was post # 6 by Templar 81. I ask that you re-read my posts. I don't have an arguement with this topic.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
sincerity can be on many levels, sincere in Christ goes along with the road to hell is paved with good intentions, to be sincere doesn't mean that you know the truth. A pedophile can sincerely 'love' his children, but does he really? A young woman can 'want' the child in her belly, but still choose to murder it with a Jewish abortion doctor. These new models of Canaanite Molech priests. They do the same thing today that they did thousands of years ago. And its made 'okay' by our people today, yet they have a bible on their coffee table and a picture of the ten commandments on the wall. To me, that is a sincere Christian that has fallen into a form of idolatry.

We aren't talking just any old "truth" here. We are talking of Spiritual matters.

I stand by my statement. It is impossible for a "truly sincere Christian to become an idolator without even knowing it".

And to set the record straight, I wasn't the one that said a truly sincere christian can fall into idolatry. that was post # 6 by Templar 81. I ask that you re-read my posts. I don't have an arguement with this topic.

No need to "set the record straight". I am well aware of who said what and I didn't say the quote was from you. I was taking you back to where this discussion started. The point is THAT is what I was addressing when you quoted me and made your comments.

You cannot take things out of context and then cry foul.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Jesus said we must worship the Father in 'spirit and truth'

If we think about what it means to worship God in 'spirit' we would have to acknowledge the fact that the 'spirit' is an invisible force. So even the christian images such as pictures of Jesus, or crosses around the neck, or little statues of Mary are all physical things. they are not compatible with 'spiritual' worship because they are physical.

i know christians say that they 'represent' spiritual things... but the truth is they dont bring a person closer to God in spirit. They act as a barrier to worshiping in 'spirit' because they are physical. And if you become reliant on using physical things to draw close to God, then you are being deceived and your worship is going to be based on a 'physical' reality rather then a 'spiritual' reality.

so even christian 'idols' is form of idolatry. We must be aware of that.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Good thoughts... Crucifixes and the such are not in themselves wrong, but if we think that they work as anything more than an representation, that having them somehow changes something, we are mistaken as to how God is to be worshiped.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Good thoughts... Crucifixes and the such are not in themselves wrong, but if we think that they work as anything more than an representation, that having them somehow changes something, we are mistaken as to how God is to be worshiped.

yes thats true

they dont add anything to our worship because our worship must be in 'spirit' because God is a spirit.