If all of the Church is the Bride of Christ who are the guests?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests." Matt 22:9-10
Could be other Angles such as Gabriel, Michael, and the angels spoken of in Revelation who blow the Trumpet, and Pour the Wrath of God. So on and so forth. Not all will be born into the Flesh.

Reactions: amadeus

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests." Matt 22:9-10

Well, my interpretation, which is not originally from me, but has been learned from others, will be more literal than most here. I know literal is not liked by many here, but it is the method I use. That said, it is a parable. Which means it is a representative story; but, a story representing a literal truth. I may not get all I want to say in one post as I do not like long posts.

I think the whole parable must be observed. And prior to that, what is the purpose of the parable? Jesus was in contention with the Pharisees. (Matt. 21:23), (Matt. 21:45-46) Thus when he gave this parable he was speaking to the Pharisees. (Matt. 22:1)

Your question concerns the 'guests' and that is a right question as that is the whole purpose of the parable. Not only who the guests are, but their correct or incorrect wedding garment. (Matt. 22:11-14) The bride is not in the parable at all. She is only by implication in (22:2), in that there will be a marriage. And as I mentioned earlier, the bride is not a guest at her own wedding or wedding feast. So I believe the bride and guests are two separate peoples.

This parable is to answer the Pharisees and help describe the 'kingdom of heaven'. (22:1) The term 'kingdom of heaven' is unique to Matthew. It is not 'heaven'. It is heaven on earth. It is God setting up His kingdom on earth. This is something God has been working towards from the beginning and will be accomplished in the end. (Rev. 11:15) "...The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ;..."

The kingdom of heaven is compared to a king making a marriage for his son. (Matt. 22:2) I believe the King here represents God. The kings son represents the Son of God, Jesus Christ. Thus behind all the preparation for God's kingdom to be set up on earth is the motive of a marriage for His Son. So the king sends his servants to call those who were invited. (22:3) I believe this speaks to the first preaching of the kingdom to the Jews. (Matt. 3:1-2), (Matt. 10:5-7) This offer we know was rejected by the Jews.

A second offer is given to the Jews. (22:4) This offer comes after the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. "my fatlings are killed and all things are ready" I believe this second offer is found in (Acts 2:22,26) (Acts 3:19-21) Which was also rejected (Matt. 22:5-6) by the nation. (Acts 4:1-3)

In the parable, these offers are not for those invited to be the bride. It is for them to attend as guests.

(continued)

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(continued from post #42)

In the parable, after the second rejection of the offer of the kingdom and the abuse shown the kings servants, the king was angry with those and their city and destroyed them and it. (Matt. 22:7-8) I believe this speaks to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. by the Romans. Then in the parable the king turned away from those originally bidden and turned to others. (Matt. 22:9-10) I believe those bidden were the Jews and those who are now turned to are the Gentiles.

Though this follows the pattern of the new Gospel of Grace going out to the Gentiles, which we see with Peter in (Acts 10), I don't believe the Gospel of Grace is what is being addresed in (Matt. 22:9-10) I believe it will be still the Gospel of the kingdom which will once again be preached in the Tribulation period. (Matt. 24:14) And it shall take us all the way to the end. (14).

So, in this interpretation I have learned, the Church is not in view here. By the time of the preaching of the Kingdom during the Tribulation period, (Matt. 24:14) the Church, or the Bride is gone. Raptured out. I know, I know, no one likes the Rapture. But I hold to it. Now the Bride is with the Bridegroom in Heaven. The preaching of the kingdom on earth has furnished the wedding feast with guests. (Matt. 22:10)

The 'guests' will be all those who respond to the Gospel of the Kingdom. And that kingdom now comes upon the earth. (Matt. 25:31) Which means the guests will be made up of Jews and Gentiles. At this time there will be many who had rejected that Gospel but will try and now align themselves with the guests, due to what they have witnessed in the return of Christ the Bridegroom.

But, then, one of the most fearful verses in Scripture, (Matt. 22:11) "And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:" A certain garment was required. The King, as I said earlier, is God. And He can see right through every man and woman. The garment required here I believe to be the correct response to the gospel of the kingdom, which involved faith and repentance. The result was terrible to the one who didn't come as he should have come. (Matt. 22:12-14) I believe comparison can be made here to (Matt. 25:32-34)

Of interest to me is (Matt. 22:10). Both bad and good were brought into the wedding feast. But we are not told that being bad or good was a factor in being a guest. What was a factor was having the correct wedding garment.

So, I believe 'guests' are separate from the Bride. They will be made of those believing Jews and Gentiles entering into the Millennium after the Lord's return at the end of the Tribulation.

And what has this to do with the Pharisees that the parable is for? The Pharisees did not come believing. They come by their works. Their own righteousness. They are not clothed with the righteousness of Christ. God sees through them and their end is fortold.

Stranger

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, in the Book of Esther there are shadows of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. God isn't mentioned in the Book of Esther and it's the only book in the Bible that God is not mentioned, but you can see Him when you read it. Obviously, we will never see Jesus physically until we die but while alive it's very important we do see Him until the day we die.

Yes, even though His name is not specifically mentioned, there He is...

John 20:29, Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”

Mordecai is Jesus, He delivers the people. Esther is a gentile name, her cousin Mordecai changed it and he was from the Tribe of Benjamin, he adopted her when she was a baby when her parents died. He changed her name to hide that she was a Jew and that way, she could be accepted in the land of the heathens.

Give God the glory! As to Mordecai being Jesus, that may fit even better than the idea I had. Thanks.

Esther 2:7
, Mordecai had a cousin named Hadassah, whom he had brought up because she had neither father nor mother. This young woman, who was also known as Esther, had a lovely figure and was beautiful. Mordecai had taken her as his own daughter when her father and mother died.
And in a place of total depravity and no hope, there was Esther and God moved her into the palace because He had people to save. Who needed saving? Why did Esther throw a banquet? Who wore the royal robe, the crown of gold, the outer cloak of fine linen and purple? Why was there a celebration?

Exodus 26:1, “Make the tabernacle with ten curtains of finely twisted linen and blue, purple and scarlet yarn, with cherubim woven into them by a skilled worker.

God knows all of the details and if we are paying attention, He will reveal some of them to us.

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But, are there not guests at a wedding who are not the Bride?

Who are all these people at the wedding?

So then we have the Bride, the Bridegroom, the Guests and then another addition, a friend of the Bridegroom:

We all get an invite to the wedding, all the goody two shoes and all the bad apples, the invited guests are you and me and it's ongoing because God has already set up His Kingdom on earth. We are all reconciled, we all get an invite.

Colossians 1:20, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Not all of the guests will be the Bride of Christ, some will reject the Bridegroom.

The Bridegroom has a friend, the best man and He is the Holy Spirit.

John 16:14, He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.

As a Bride, you now have the perfect wedding attire given to you by God and as the Bride of Christ, when Jesus looks at you, He sees you at your very best, always.

Isaiah 61:10, I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the OP yesterday... Have been thinking on it... I haven't heard the question ever before, so good show on asking a new question!

I don't have a fool-proof answer. I don't know for sure. Been thinking on it, and the best I can come up with is perhaps the guests are the same as the bride. A rival hypothesis is that God was looking for Jews who would openly accept the gentiles (the bride in this parable) and found some that weren't ready to accept the marriage.

It seems obvious to me the bride is speaking of the gentiles. God was already married to Judah (and divorced Israel). Yep.. God is a polygamist!

In any sense... Just brainstorming... Don't have a sound answer that I can remember.
My own answer has long been that the Bride is not equal to the Body/Church. It comes out of the Church. Everyone should be surrendering to God with the idea of being part of the Bride. Everyone in the Body is saved, but not everyone saved is in the Bride. There are some problems with it, but it fits better than anything else I have heard so far. With this thread I am hoping for something new that God has given to others.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could be other Angles such as Gabriel, Michael, and the angels spoken of in Revelation who blow the Trumpet, and Pour the Wrath of God. So on and so forth. Not all will be born into the Flesh.
Still we continue our search not necessarily for better answers, but for all of everything that God has for us. Praise His name!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Stranger

I have just finished reading your two posts in response to the question put. It was very good as I see it. I agree that there are two peoples one which is the Bride. I don't disagree with any of it although in places it differs from where I am. You gave me a more complete perspective of the situation with your longer post [2 posts] and I will with your permission copy them for my own reference and further study. You and I have bumped heads a bit at times, but I really do appreciate your sincerity and work on things such as this. I haven't sat down and tried to write precisely where I am with this my own topic, but if or when I do it is quite likely that I be given a lot of consideration to what you have written.

Again, thank you!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all get an invite to the wedding, all the goody two shoes and all the bad apples, the invited guests are you and me and it's ongoing because God has already set up His Kingdom on earth. We are all reconciled, we all get an invite.

Yes we are all invited. Some likely will not even make an effort to make an appearance while some that show up are poor prepared considering who it is that that invited them and what it is they are invited to...

Colossians 1:20
, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Not all of the guests will be the Bride of Christ, some will reject the Bridegroom.

Yes, some will show their rejection by choosing not to wear the proper apparel which is made evident by the scriptures if they had but bothered to pay attention.

The Bridegroom has a friend, the best man and He is the Holy Spirit.

This was an unexpected reply. I will have to give it further consideration. Thanks.

John 16:14, He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.

As a Bride, you now have the perfect wedding attire given to you by God and as the Bride of Christ, when Jesus looks at you, He sees you at your very best, always.

Isaiah 61:10, I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

He has provided the best, and hopefully we have wisely chosen our apparel from what He has provided.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I beg to differ. Only His sheep will/can hear! Everyone else is dead, spiritually dead in their sins, that is.

“The guests are just more of us” is true. But only to a few whom God elected to save, for no one seeks after God, none no exceptions (Ro 3:11)!

To God Be The Glory
Some theologians speak of special calls and general calls, sort of like a personal e-mail and a network wide broadcast e-mail. The gospel isn't a special call to faith, but a commandment "to believe" given to all that hear it. However the gospel is viewed by some as a general call to all humanity (being a commandment) yet a special call to all that receive it (or more properly an effective call.) Calling someone is no guarantee that they will respond, but not responding to the king is not an option.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Stranger

I have just finished reading your two posts in response to the question put. It was very good as I see it. I agree that there are two peoples one which is the Bride. I don't disagree with any of it although in places it differs from where I am. You gave me a more complete perspective of the situation with your longer post [2 posts] and I will with your permission copy them for my own reference and further study. You and I have bumped heads a bit at times, but I really do appreciate your sincerity and work on things such as this. I haven't sat down and tried to write precisely where I am with this my own topic, but if or when I do it is quite likely that I be given a lot of consideration to what you have written.

Again, thank you!

You're quite welcome. Feel free to use it however you wish.

Stanger

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't forget the ark of Noah. It had three levels with the unclean beast at the bottom, the clean beasts in the middle and men at the top. All of them were saved from the flood waters, there were definite differences.

And our wedding garments should be what?

"Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:" Eph 6:14-17

And then understanding that see the next verses of the parable:

"And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called, but few are chosen." Matt 22:11-14

We may be invited and we may even show up, but if we are not prepared properly...?
I don't think people wear armor to weddings so the metaphor doesn't apply. However a person may believe that there is a God without submitting to Him. This parable relates to something written in the Old Testament, chapter 65 of the book of Isaiah, which is about the judgment of Israel and then of the world with the restoration of Israel (Christ's millennial kingdom.) The chapter is like a snapshot of time with Israel judged under law and the world judged under the gospel (to the degree it is rejected) and observe the contrast to those in God's blessed kingdom with those unfaithful ones cast out into the "outer darkness." In the case of the latter, God's concern seems to be over their carnality and hypocrisy. Now, my question is this, is hypocrisy born of disbelief, or of holding others to a standard that you are unable to keep yourself?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think people wear armor to weddings so the metaphor doesn't apply.
But, would it not be necessary for a believer to put on those things mentioned in the verses I quoted... whatever they really are? God knows and He will help us to be attired properly if we ask for His assistance. This is my point.
However a person may believe that there is a God without submitting to Him.
Certainly there are some who believe in God, but unwilling to do what this verse would require of them:

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Rom 12:1

This parable relates to something written in the Old Testament, chapter 65 of the book of Isaiah, which is about the judgment of Israel and then of the world with the restoration of Israel (Christ's millennial kingdom.) The chapter is like a snapshot of time with Israel judged under law and the world judged under the gospel (to the degree it is rejected) and observe the contrast to those in God's blessed kingdom with those unfaithful ones cast out into the "outer darkness." In the case of the latter, God's concern seems to be over their carnality and hypocrisy. Now, my question is this, is hypocrisy born of disbelief, or of holding others to a standard that you are unable to keep yourself?

While the parable may mean in part what you indicate, it may mean more than that. I am not able to answer your final question to my own satisfaction, so I will leave it alone.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bride and the guests are never mentioned together in the same passage.

The Bride is the Church viewed collectively. She will definitely be at the wedding!

The guests are us as individuals. We have a choice, whether to be there or not.
That is an interesting take on it. Thank you for your contribution.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are the servants that are sent to bring in the guest?

Concerning the one without the proper garment: king with a lower case k?

Zephaniah 1:8 KJV
[8] And it shall come to pass in the day of the Lord's sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel.

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry, this is something you may already have seen and understood. But I am just now getting it. It opens so many questions about the bride, the bridegroom, offspring, the guest and who are the servants. I have always viewed the crucifixion and the day of Pentecost as the day the church was born. Is that the truth? No. The church was washed clean and sanctified on the day of Pentecost. But that was not her beginning. I have always understood Paul as the beginning of the planting of the real church. Is that the truth? Or was Paul the Father of the Church of the gentiles?

1 Corinthians 4:17 KJV

[17] For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

Romans 16:4 KJV

[4] Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.

Acts 14:27 KJV

[27] And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.

Yet Acts 7:37-38 speaks of the Church all the way back to the wilderness:
[37] This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear. [38] This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Ephesians 3:9-10 KJV

[9] And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: [10] To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Fellowship: what does it mean? A mystery to be seen by all men. One word that displays God...fellowship.

Now it makes sense. There was "the church" as far back as in the wilderness.

Ephesians 5:22-23 KJV

[22] Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. [23] For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

His body. The LORD's church. All the way back into the wilderness.
For His church The LORD came in the flesh as Jesus Christ. Why?

Ephesians 5:25-27 KJV

[25] Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; [26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, [27] That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Ephesians 30-32 KJV

[30] For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. [31] For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. [32] This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

His Church. His Body. Christ. The church redeemed and washed clean. But she originated in the wilderness. Fellowship? Are we not called to fellowship? Are we not called to love the brethren. Our Brethren? That includes the Jews also? The brethren. If we say the Jews have been replaced, or Done away with; then isn't that us hating our own body. I am speaking of those that are His "This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear."

Are we not all the bride, apart of the body; the glory of the husband; a servant. a Helper. an Aid. Another. then Children of the Bridechamber? Do we produce children of bridechamber? I am so confused. "Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast."

Are we not called to be servants: helper/aid/another. Not male. Not female. Not bound. Not free. But a servant unto the LORD.

2 Corinthians 8:23 KJV
[23] Whether any do enquire of Titus, he is my partner and fellowhelper concerning you: or our brethren be enquired of, they are the messengers of the churches, and the glory of Christ.

Acts 15:22 KJV

[22] Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely , Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:
Romans 16:1 KJV

[1] I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:

Who is the harlot we are told to come out of? Who are those invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb:

Revelation 3:17-20 KJV
[17] Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: [18] I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. [19] As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. [20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Sup...fellowship.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are the servants that are sent to bring in the guest?

Concerning the one without the proper garment: king with a lower case k?

Zephaniah 1:8 KJV
[8] And it shall come to pass in the day of the Lord's sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel.
Good catch on this verse. I had not associated it on this previously.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning the guests I offer post #42 and #43.

This wedding and feast are, I believe, a real wedding and feast. There is a best man. (John 3:29) "He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled." The best man will be John the Baptist.

There is one who will give the bride, the Church, away. (2 Cor. 11:2) "For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ." Paul gives the bride away.

Stranger

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sorry, this is something you may already have seen and understood. But I am just now getting it. It opens so many questions about the bride, the bridegroom, offspring, the guest and who are the servants. I have always viewed the crucifixion and the day of Pentecost as the day the church was born. Is that the truth? No. The church was washed clean and sanctified on the day of Pentecost. But that was not her beginning. I have always understood Paul as the beginning of the planting of the real church. Is that the truth? Or was Paul the Father of the Church of the gentiles?

Every little bit of input can help. The Body of Christ really does work together as Jesus directs to accomplish His purpose.

1 Corinthians 4:17 KJV

[17] For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

Romans 16:4 KJV

[4] Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.

Acts 14:27 KJV

[27] And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the door of faith unto the Gentiles.

That the Church, not any particular man named organization or group started at that time is the usual way people have understood it.

Yet Acts 7:37-38 speaks of the Church all the way back to the wilderness:
[37] This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear. [38] This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Ephesians 3:9-10 KJV

[9] And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: [10] To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

To be sure of where you were on this I checked the word, "church" which comes from the Greek "ekklesia". I am not usually much on checking the Greek, but sometime it may help clarify rather than finally fix our understanding. It is simply "a congregation of or a meeting of people". This does not necessarily make it special in verse 38 above, but it is always worth consideration until it is not.

Even if it speaks of the same Church we normally capitalize, it consisted of 600,000 men saved out of Egypt with only two of them passed on into the Promised Land. So then onto what you see...

Fellowship: what does it mean? A mystery to be seen by all men. One word that displays God...fellowship.

Now it makes sense. There was "the church" as far back as in the wilderness.

Ephesians 5:22-23 KJV

[22] Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. [23] For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

His body. The LORD's church. All the way back into the wilderness.
For His church The LORD came in the flesh as Jesus Christ. Why?

The simple why would of course be that even though under a different covenant God is no respecter of persons and some of those [the two?] may be a part of His Body. Time is nothing to God. But, I am just saying. Let us go on with you...

Ephesians 5:25-27 KJV

[25] Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; [26] That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, [27] That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Ephesians 30-32 KJV

[30] For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. [31] For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. [32] This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

His Church. His Body. Christ. The church redeemed and washed clean. But she originated in the wilderness. Fellowship? Are we not called to fellowship? Are we not called to love the brethren. Our Brethren? That includes the Jews also? The brethren. If we say the Jews have been replaced, or Done away with; then isn't that us hating our own body. I am speaking of those that are His "This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear."

I would not have said that the Jews were done away with or replaced but let us proceed...

Are we not all the bride, apart of the body; the glory of the husband; a servant. a Helper. an Aid. Another. then Children of the Bridechamber? Do we produce children of bridechamber? I am so confused. "Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast."

Are we not called to be servants: helper/aid/another. Not male. Not female. Not bound. Not free. But a servant unto the LORD.

Very good for it put into the picture some things I had not considered in this light, but still no flashing light bulb in my head or heart... not yet.

2 Corinthians 8:23 KJV
[23] Whether any do enquire of Titus, he is my partner and fellowhelper concerning you: or our brethren be enquired of, they are the messengers of the churches, and the glory of Christ.

Acts 15:22 KJV

[22] Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely , Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:
Romans 16:1 KJV

[1] I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea:

Who is the harlot we are told to come out of? Who are those invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb:

Revelation 3:17-20 KJV
[17] Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: [18] I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. [19] As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. [20] Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Sup...fellowship.

Thank you friend for bringing this. I have a vague or blurry picture but the Lord has not put it all together in me yet. It's been years since I began on this, so I am not quitting. I will study all of this and all of that and pray and if God is ready to make it clearer, He will.