If all of the Church is the Bride of Christ who are the guests?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well, the parable doesn't call the guests believers, and says that they are compelled to attend.
And thats the interesting thing the ones He invited are too busy, so He goes out to find those who dont, a bit like this

Luk 7:31 And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
Luk 7:32 They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.

and this

Luk 9:59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
Luk 9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
Luk 9:61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
Luk 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Too busy so He has to reach out to those who dont believe, because teh only way in is if He dresses you, far to many christians trying to dress themselves.

Mat 22:11 And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t worry about some theologians speaking of special or general calls, and sort of like a personal email. Our task is to prove self. The Gospel is a special call and commandment to the world “to believe” but according to Romans 3, who will believe? NONE, ZERO, NADA!

The doctrine of Salvation is very complex. Some would say all it takes to become saved is “accept” or “believe” in the Lord Jesus. We are not called to accept but to believe, but man in his own volition will NOT (John 3:19-20) unless, God intervenes in his life. This concept of salvation can be seen in the beautiful illustration of salvation in the Raising of Lazarus.

After praying to the Father at the tomb, Jesus cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth!” Can Lazarus hear the command to come forth? No! Why not? Because he was dead and there was no life in him. In fact, Scripture drives home the point he was dead four days and stinketh.

But he did come forth, what had to have happened? Jesus had to go into the tomb and give Lazarus life! Exactly the same way He saves His “elect,” “chosen,” “church (invisible),” by giving them eternal life. “Many are called but few are chosen.” So sad for those who do not believe in OSAS. Sorry, that’s another thread. Couldn’t resist though.

As Lazarus was physically dead, physically deaf to the command to come forth, and physically blind: so are we spiritually dead in our sins, spiritually dull in hearing the true Gospel, and spiritually blind to the truths of the Bible! There are more but you get the gist.

So, don’t worry about some theologians which speak of special calls and general calls, but rather prove yourself.

To God Be The Glory
The purpose of a witness is to give true testimony and if we know Him, we have His witness. If we do not have His witness, then how can we know Him? God knows who we are and what's in us, but its a rare man that knows himself. What are we to prove?

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, I know of some who say that Michael is really Jesus. I am not there, but it does make one stop and think, does it not?
The angels, like us, are created beings and the cults are cults in part because of such antichristian doctrine. Jesus is Lord, Son of the living God, but Jehovah's witnesses will not extend the concept of "after its kind" to their creator. Their doctrine is corrupted in the same manner as Jewish doctrine and through the same spirit of error, because they have not received the Spirit of Truth, nor can they if they will not hear Him. The declaration of "Jesus is Lord" by faith is only by the Holy Spirit and is the bedrock of our faith in God.

Reactions: pia and Helen

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, I know of some who say that Michael is really Jesus. I am not there, but it does make one stop and think, does it not?

According to the language of Daniel 12:1, without a doubt, Michael is indeed the Lord Jesus. No where in the Bible declares that an angel can be a great prince over the children of the people except Jesus.

Angels are ministering spirits to protect the children of God, and cannot be above man.

To God Be The Glory

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I beg to differ. Only His sheep will/can hear! Everyone else is dead, spiritually dead in their sins, that is.

“The guests are just more of us” is true. But only to a few whom God elected to save, for no one seeks after God, none no exceptions (Ro 3:11)!

To God Be The Glory
The invitations are already under way to :" Those whom The WORLD call the dregs..........Those who need to reacquaint themselves with Him.......God asks and sends into the highways and byways to do this.
Glory be to our God in the Highest........For sure it is closer now than when we first believed :)

Reactions: bbyrd009

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am hoping to receive help from here. I do not have all of the answers. God does. Eventually, I may show more of where I am on this, but where I am in any case, is still not the end. God alone knows what or where the end may be.

I hope that people will stop and think and pray in order to move closer to God.
He spoke of these invitations to me, and after I had to look up in my concordance the word 'wedding' as I had only heard of the one Jesus attended where He changed the water into wine, and that was clearly NOT what He was talking about.
I was astonished to find mention of the Wedding Supper of the Lamb, and although not understanding how or anything much, I just accepted that there was going to be a spiritual joining, and that guests were to be invited.....
Mind you, it has been a hard thing to tell people about, as most other Christians simply do not believe it...Still, whenever He opens the door for me to do so, I do say......

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests." Matt 22:9-10
These are the gentiles, the nations good and bad outside the gates.

Last edited:

Armadillo

Aug 11, 2017
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Stop. Think. Open your Bible and read it. Read all of Hebrews 1.

Jesus is God, the scriptures say so. He became man, the Word became flesh, He became one of us. If you believe Jesus is Michael the Archangel, like the JW's do, then you deny the deity of Christ.

Hebrews 1:13, To which of the angels did God ever say, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”?

Hebrews 1:5,

For to which of the angels did God ever say,

“You are my Son;
today I have become your Father”?

Reactions: Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the language of Daniel 12:1, without a doubt, Michael is indeed the Lord Jesus. No where in the Bible declares that an angel can be a great prince over the children of the people except Jesus.

Angels are ministering spirits to protect the children of God, and cannot be above man.

To God Be The Glory
I won't disagree, but I haven't really looked into it that much myself nor has the Lord given me clarity on it. Would it relate in someway to the topic question?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop. Think. Open your Bible and read it. Read all of Hebrews 1.

Jesus is God, the scriptures say so. He became man, the Word became flesh, He became one of us. If you believe Jesus is Michael the Archangel, like the JW's do, then you deny the deity of Christ.

Hebrews 1:13, To which of the angels did God ever say, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”?

Hebrews 1:5,

For to which of the angels did God ever say,

“You are my Son;
today I have become your Father”?
Oh, I do believe in the Deity of Christ, but it is not for fear of being given one label of the other. Any label that is correct is fine.

Consider also what an angel is? Not according to traditional beliefs, but according to what the scripture says. An angel is simply a messenger sent by God. God some very human men as messengers to people, but He also sent some heavenly beings who seeming had not sinful ways within them. Elijah and John the Baptist had messages from God to people, but so did Gabriel. Each of the seven churches in Asia [Revelation chapters 2-3] has an angel, but is it referring to simply someone like a pastor or an angel like Gabriel? Things are not always simple as they may seem.

Did Jesus ever appear in the OT where he was designated as an angel? There is not simple answer, but rather it would probably take a lengthy Bible study to even beware of the possibilities. I don't know the answer and since I couldn't back it up easily and don't wish to derail my own thread I will leave at that for the moment. Thanks for your input.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then you do not believe that gentiles can or will be a part of the Bride. Could you amplify hopefully with some scriptures? Thanks.
Oh, I do believe that the gentiles are part of the bride. But here is where it gets tricky - they are the virgins, not ever having had a husband:

"Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.

“And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

“Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’

“Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming
." Matthew 25:1-13

Reactions: amadeus

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests." Matt 22:9-10

where does it say that the church is the bride?

read rev 21:9 on, that is what the scriptures say is the bride.

when Jesus came into the world just what do you think was united again? the man Adam was the place for God's Presence in the earth. that was "lost" because man became corrupted, and in sin. when the Presence of God, hence Son of God (that Adam was to be) came into the world Heaven and earth becomes united. and that will become permanent, hence the courtship and the marriage. Jerusalem is the bride and all who have the proper garment may enter. that would be the born again now the church for temporary purposes.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I do believe that the gentiles are part of the bride. But here is where it gets tricky - they are the virgins, not ever having had a husband:

"Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.

“And at midnight a cry was heard: ‘Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!’ Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the wise answered, saying, ‘No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.’ And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.

“Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us!’ But he answered and said, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.’

“Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming
." Matthew 25:1-13

Would that not also connect with these verses?

"There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines, and virgins without number.
My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her." Song of Solomon 6:8-9

For me I see a division among all of the virgins found within the Church which includes queens and concubines and others. The Bride of Christ is the "undefiled" one is the one who is ready in all respects. She is one[ with a has a full lamp and one who has killed all of her beasts [Prov 9:2] both unclean and clean, so as to found at the very top level of the ark or so as to be allowed entrance not just into the holy place, but also into the holiest of holies which is third heaven where no sin ever enters in...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

when Jesus came into the world just what do you think was united again? the man Adam was the place for God's Presence in the earth. that was "lost" because man became corrupted, and in sin. when the Presence of God, hence Son of God (that Adam was to be) came into the world Heaven and earth becomes united. and that will become permanent, hence the courtship and the marriage. Jerusalem is the bride and all who have the proper garment may enter. that would be the born again now the church for temporary purposes.
Yes, those verses also describe the Bride, the Lamb's wife, which has come out of the Church without blemish, without spot or wrinkle[I Peter 1:19, Eph 5:27].

Then again what is the stone cut out of the mountain without hands to smash the feet of mixed iron and clay?

So many questions and the answers are? I really don't have them all. I believe I see but still it is as through a glass darkly. I am still unable to connect all of the dots, but I am seeing more of the dots. Should we not eventually be able to see what God told Moses no man could see and live?

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would that not also connect with these verses?

"There are threescore queens, and fourscore concubines, and virgins without number.
My dove, my undefiled is but one; she is the only one of her mother, she is the choice one of her that bare her. The daughters saw her, and blessed her; yea, the queens and the concubines, and they praised her." Song of Solomon 6:8-9

For me I see a division among all of the virgins found within the Church which includes queens and concubines and others. The Bride of Christ is the "undefiled" one is the one who is ready in all respects. She is one[ with a has a full lamp and one who has killed all of her beasts [Prov 9:2] both unclean and clean, so as to found at the very top level of the ark or so as to be allowed entrance not just into the holy place, but also into the holiest of holies which is third heaven where no sin ever enters in...
Well, there are the undefiled of Israel, and also the unmarried of the church who have the Holy Spirit (oil). I should think, Solomon is referring to daughters of Israel.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, there are the undefiled of Israel, and also the unmarried of the church who have the Holy Spirit (oil). I should think, Solomon is referring to daughters of Israel.
While I essentially agree, I see much more to Solomon's words than even he likely understood. God uses people for prophecy, but sometimes He may not make it clear to them that that is what He is doing:

"And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,
Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.
And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.
Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death." John 11:49-53

Caiphas was apparently a leading instigator or conspirator in the death of Jesus and while God gave him that prophecy as the serving high priest, did he have any idea what it all meant? Do we?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, those verses also describe the Bride, the Lamb's wife, which has come out of the Church without blemish, without spot or wrinkle[I Peter 1:19, Eph 5:27].

Then again what is the stone cut out of the mountain without hands to smash the feet of mixed iron and clay?

So many questions and the answers are? I really don't have them all. I believe I see but still it is as through a glass darkly. I am still unable to connect all of the dots, but I am seeing more of the dots. Should we not eventually be able to see what God told Moses no man could see and live?

1Co 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

neither one of those verses say anything about a bride. that's a assumption for the theology you present, there is nowhere in the NT that states the church is the bride is there? as far as the church to be presented to the Lord our God in the acceptable condition yes. but no indication of bride. only something we have been taught to read into it. again the scriptures plainly state that the bride is Jerusalem, or at least a city thereof.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
neither one of those verses say anything about a bride. that's a assumption for the theology you present, there is nowhere in the NT that states the church is the bride is there? as far as the church to be presented to the Lord our God in the acceptable condition yes. but no indication of bride. only something we have been taught to read into it. again the scriptures plainly state that the bride is Jerusalem, or at least a city thereof.
Aye, you don't see me disagreeing. I am very slow about taking on any belief just because a large group of people have done so. I have done that in the past, and my personal results have been not good ones. So far believing that the Bride has come out of the Church rather than being equal to it has served me well. This alone is NOT evidence that it is right, but neither has it caused me to see the need to believe in something else.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is the mystery of marriage:

Ephesians 5:31-32
For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.” This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church."

Both have become one:

Ephesians 2:11-18
"Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands— that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father
."

Reactions: pia