If atheists get accused of taking verses out of context, how do we know fundamentalists making those accusations aren’t doing the same as well?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Folks, we’ve reached a new level of Christian logic.

God was able to die.

Attachments

• 5B0E8A92-28A3-4ECD-BB15-C719CF603B2B.jpeg
    5B0E8A92-28A3-4ECD-BB15-C719CF603B2B.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 5

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Folks, we’ve reached a new level of Christian logic.

God was able to die.

Yes, your attachment is correct.

Does not the Scripture say that Christ emptied Himself, and made Himself of no reputation?

That was from stepping outside His glory into another realm, the realm of humanity.

Your in above your head Romanov.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes, your attachment is correct.

Does not the Scripture say that Christ emptied Himself, and made Himself of no reputation?

That was from stepping outside His glory into another realm, the realm of humanity.

Your in above your head Romanov.

I thought God was outside of space and time?

I’m not in above my head, but rather I can’t stop laughing at how you’re going in circles. They got you so good. Just when I think you’re going to see the absurdity of it all, you double down.

You just don’t fail to disappoint

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought God was outside of space and time?

I’m not in above my head, but rather I can’t stop laughing at how you’re going in circles. They got you so good. Just when I think you’re going to see the absurdity of it all, you double down.

You just don’t fail to disappoint

You have to learn how to add and subtract before I can teach you algebra.

But first you have to be willing, that is the problem.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Folks, there are no inconsistencies or contradictions in the Bible at all. The Bible is 1000% clear. Here in these two verses it says that Ahaziah was two different ages when he became king. I prayed for the Holy Spirit to guide me and now I understand that one can be two different ages at the same time.

Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign, and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri.
Chronicles 22:2

Ahaziah was twenty-two years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem one year. His mother’s name was Athaliah, a granddaughter of Omri king of Israel.
Kings 8:26

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You have to learn how to add and subtract before I can teach you algebra.

But first you have to be willing, that is the problem.

“First you have to turn your brain off and let the fear of hell turn you into a believer. Only then can I feed you more nonsense”

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes, we've met before on Citi Data. I remember you well.

Don't have time for this.

It was God’s plan, my friend. But you have to remember that God works in mysterious ways. God is trying to show you something

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
My assumption was that you are seriously questioning that ye old'e faith.

Enoch the clown said that one knows they have the correct interpretation of the Bible if the Holy Spirit guides them. By that logic, I can claim that the Holy Spirit told me that he’s a heretic and it will be the correct interpretation. It just won’t be the correct interpretation in HIS eyes because if the Holy Spirit truuuuuuly guided you, then you would agree with him. Your interpretation is only valid if it’s the same as his interpretation.

Anything that goes against HIS nonsense, is considered nonsense. That’s essentially how fundamentalists with less than 10 brain cells to rub, think.

Religion got him by the balls and he’s a scared little puppy inside. He then projects that fear onto others and only those dumb enough will fall for his nonsense.

Attachments

• D0C5CC51-5C2F-4F8E-B276-4E41B69A6866.jpeg
    D0C5CC51-5C2F-4F8E-B276-4E41B69A6866.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: bbyrd009

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Enoch the clown said that one knows they have the correct interpretation of the Bible if the Holy Spirit guides them. By that logic, I can claim that the Holy Spirit told me that he’s a heretic and it will be the correct interpretation. It just won’t be the correct interpretation in HIS eyes because if the Holy Spirit truuuuuuly guided you, then you would agree with him. Your interpretation is only valid if it’s the same as his interpretation.

Anything that goes against HIS nonsense, is considered nonsense. That’s essentially how fundamentalists with less than 10 brain cells to rub, think.

Religion got him by the balls and he’s a scared little puppy inside. He then projects that fear onto others and only those dumb enough will fall for his nonsense.
Isn't Enoch dead?

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Discernment.

How do you know your discernment is not fallible? Have you ever not been wrong in your life before? How many times have you thought you were right only to find out you were wrong?

Don’t start lying and moving goal posts now

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are far too many Christians who actually accept their beliefs as infallible
Appeal to Strawman. The Being who is the Creator is infallible. Our understanding of him is not.

Fortunately, the lesson of Original Sin is that we are not saved by our KNOWLEDGE, infallible or otherwise.

Reactions: Nancy

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Question: What's the deal with Jesus saying Angels are descending and ascending upon him?

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Appeal to Strawman. The Being who is the Creator is infallible. Our understanding of him is not.

Fortunately, the lesson of Original Sin is that we are not saved by our KNOWLEDGE, infallible or otherwise.

That wasn’t a strawman they were making, that was a counter argument. Ever heard of counter arguments? I think you’re strawmanning here instead because they were referring to how fundamentalists walk around as if their beliefs are infallible.

If you were to believe that liberals have victimhood mindsets, you would be a hypocrite because you also feel as if you need to be saved by someone/something.