If atheists get accused of taking verses out of context, how do we know fundamentalists making those accusations aren’t doing the same as well?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're simply not ready or equipped to critical think.
ROFLMAO

I'll proceed then without emoticons.

After foolishly asserting there is no evidence, you are presented so much evidence you are drowning in evidence. Then you assert the evidence presented is not objective, to which that is blown out of the water in numerous ways. The most painful to your cause is to put humans aside and look to Creation.

The objective evidence of fundamental constants of the universe and the language contained in DNA is so damning to your cause, all you can do is dismiss it as esoteric. I am fully equipped to critically think of how to serve my lord on any playing field known to man. It is humiliating to the cause of Atheism that you do not hold your on disbelief anywhere near to the same standard of scrutiny you do what you deny.

<Takes Bow, boasting in Christ>

Last edited:

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
ROFLMAO

After foolishly asserting there is no evidence, you are presented so much evidence you are drowning in evidence. Then you assert the evidence presented is not objective, to which that is blown out of the water in numerous ways. The most painful to your cause is to put humans aside and look to Creation.

The objective evidence of fundamental constants of the universe and the language contained in DNA is so damning to your cause, all you can do is dismiss it as esoteric. I am fully equipped to critically think of how to serve my lord on any playing field known to man. It is humiliating to the cause of Atheism that you do not hold your on disbelief anywhere near to the same standard of scrutiny you do what you deny.

You conveniently left out all the inconsistencies occurring in the universe. Mutations happen, wisdom teeth grow crooked, etc. “Fundamental constants” is a false premise that needs to die. The speed of light for example, is not a constant 186,000 miles per second. Instead, it’s variable defending on the medium it travels through.

1679866614676.jpeg

Last edited:

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes. 100% based on humanist principles. 100% void of Christianity, which was outlawed. You cannot invoke a guiding principle only to complete abandon it when it is shown to fail - but only in practice, not theory. I like humanism, in theory. In practice, look the the Soviets river of blood.

View attachment 30803

Scandinavian countries are highly atheist and void of Christianity. No communism or Christians being persecuted there. Correlation≠causation

You also conveniently left out how the Soviet Union outlawed other religions, making your argument disingenuous. Religion was outlawed, not Christianity in particular. Say it how it is. Every time Christians bring out the Soviet Union argument, they love to omit the fact that other religions were also outlawed. Making it seem as if a full on atheist society would strictly be against Christianity “because Soviet Union” is intellectual dishonesty.

1679867388341.jpeg

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You also conveniently left out how the Soviet Union outlawed other religions, making your argument disingenuous.
Not at all. Not sure how a humanist ideology opposing all God-centered organizations from existing makes my argument disingenuous. It seems you are creating a Strawman, that humanism is to be pitted against Christianity as opposed to all those who believe in God.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
How do mutations and crooked teeth affect Fine Tuning, 1/137, language in DNA, billions of witnesses testifying?
Anyone can find a certain order to chaos. If I stare at the clouds long enough, I’ll eventually see a Ferrari.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Not at all. Not sure how a humanist ideology opposing all God-centered organizations from existing makes my argument disingenuous. It seems you are creating a Strawman, that humanism is to be pitted against Christianity as opposed to all those who believe in God.
You did leave out all other religions being outlawed though, not a strawman. You’re also conflating communism with humanism.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
ROFLMAO

Yes, we are drowning in evidence.

JUST IN
1679870939975.jpeg

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did leave out all other religions being outlawed though, not a strawman. You’re also conflating communism with humanism.
It is irrelevant to say communism outlawed ALL religion. It does not change the statement. And I am NOT conflating humanism with communism as I already explained; humanism is the genus, communism is the differentia.

Romanov2488

Jul 20, 2022
Charlotte
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes. A meme does not alter the reality of God.
Why are you calling evidence a meme? You don’t believe the giant skull is real and belonging to Goliath? The Bible is beginning to come true, open your eyes! All the atheists and those of other religions have to come to their knees and repent, for they will face eternal damnation!

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
LOL. Guess what? Every witness ever is biased. Their testimony helps one side and hurts another side
so you have your own private definition of “bias” too, no big surprises there i guess

ill prolly skip the rest, no offense, but fwiw my bias here started for you, and then shifted ok
have a good day

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my bias here started for you, and then shifted
Yea, OK.

Just b/c I used words like bias in a way you don't, your support for me changed? I call BS. It is not about me. Atheists always try to make everything so personal, contrary to the claim of being driven by science and objective evidence.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you calling evidence a meme?
You presented it as such.
You don’t believe the giant skull is real and belonging to Goliath?
No.
The Bible is beginning to come true
No. The Bible was always true. But you do bring up a good point, which is how science, particularly archeology supports the Bible. More evidence you are drowning in. Excerpts from Does Archaeology Support the Bible? — Growing Christians Ministries
Archaeological evidence confirms and supports the Bible. The historical information in the Bible is so accurate that it has actually assisted archaeologists in their work. Nelson Glueck, a renowned Jewish archaeologist, stated that no archaeological discovery has ever disproved a biblical reference! The evidence from archaeology assures us that we can rely on the accuracy of the historical and geographical information in the Bible.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom
you are drowning in evidence.

Your need to keep parroting this same falsehood simply shows desperation. Try something else.

Then you assert the evidence presented is not objective, to which that is blown out of the water in numerous ways.
No it's not and simply standing there with fingers in your ears going blah blah blah doesn't help your cause. You should go and watch the great film "A Few God Men". In that film the defendants start calling every member of Winwood Rifle platoon to testify that the platoon commander did not order a "Code Red" after a meeting. The prosecution (Tom Cruise) tells the judge that there is no point in calling all those many witnesses because not one of them was actually in the meeting room at the time of the alleged ordering of the Code Red. The defendants (with intellectual honesty and integrity) concede that not one of their witnesses were actually in the room at the time. Accordingly their testimonies were utterly worthless.

This is where you struggle. You have no real evidence, no objective factual evidence to support your claims of God. You have large numbers of equally vulnerable and confused people who all want to testify that they believe in God but the reality not a single one of them has seen God or physically heard God. That's the difference between hearsay and misguided belief and rational objective fact.
There's no denying this situation and I'm not going to debate it with you any further because you've shown that you're incapable of debating honestly and with integrity and instead just want to keep parroting the same silly memes.

There is an absolute plethora of physical real tangible evidence all around us that shows there cannot and does not exist any God that is BOTH all-powerful and all-loving. To ignore that evidence is delude oneself.

Millions of people just died horribly from a bio-weapon. God sat back and let it happen

Thousands of innocent children are being sexually abused by predators. God sits back idly and watches it happen

Thousands of girls are kidnapped, forcibly addicted to drugs and set to work in the sex trade - God watches it happen and dos nothing

Young children die of terminal diseases before their life barely begins - God can prevent it but does nothing

We could go on for hours on end.

IF there is any high level being out there it is either:

All-powerful but NOT all-loving and so doesn't car eat all about the suffering and atrocities

All-loving but NOT all-powerful and so hates to see the atrocities but is weak and powerless to prevent them

The rational explanation is that there isn't any God of the kind peddled by Christianity.

The rational explanation is that people have totally misunderstood what "God" actually is and have taken the Bible too literally and thereby missed the great secrets hidden within, allegorically and cryptically.

The most painful to your cause is to put humans aside and look to Creation.

The objective evidence of fundamental constants of the universe and the language contained in DNA is so damning to your cause, all you can do is dismiss it as esoteric.
Poor show. You've ignored previous statements on this topic. I have conceded that there could exist a designer of many of the life forms on earth. I have stated clearly that this DOES NOT in any way support the Christian notion of an all-powerful all-loving God. It simply means that there could be beings/life forms that are more advanced/evolved than humans that designed things. Hence this isn't remotely damning to anyone's cause and no-one is dismissing anything. As ever you're clutching at straws to defend your indefensible position. Humans themselves are now messing with DNA, producing genetically modified foods and animals and viruses. It's really not much of a stretch to imagine that there exist more intelligent beings than us who have long since leaned how to code DNA.

I am fully equipped to critically think of how to serve my lord on any playing field known to man.

No-one mentioned serving anyone. What was stated is that you are unable to critical think. Which remains a fact.

I'm happy to call an end to these exchanges because without intellectual honesty they are rather fruitless and despite pages of verbiage you've still proven absolutely nothing and can't concede the simple truth that neither you nor millions of other shackled victims have ever seen or heard God with your eyes and ears. You are in a prison of your own making and are likely to remain imprisoned for years to come at this rate. The greater sadness however is that your lack of humility and religious piousness are the qualities that stunt your ability to escape indoctrination and move forward.

Lapidem

Jan 30, 2021
DinglyDell
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United Kingdom