If Catholics Are Christians Why They Persecute And Kill Christians And Burn Their Bibles???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not according 2 the bible no! jesus never said 2 call any man father, he never said 2 worship mary or statues, catholics do both amongst a multitude of other things contrary 2 christs' teachings!!
Hi DS,

LOL....We don’t worship statues and if you can explain away the use of the word father in Acts 7 and Romans 9 I will consider your theory.

Sooo I think your answer is one is considered a Christian as long as they don’t practice ANY Catholic teachings?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't trust the teachings of men or their traditions but look only to God and seek his face. Be open to the Holy Spirit when you read your bible. Ask him to help you to discern what is the truth from the things you have been taught. Ask him to show you where you have been deceived.
Joseph Smith had the same theory many years ago.....Did he deceive anyone?

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me - how many of the world's 1.3 billion Catholics have told you that they worship Mary?
My guess would be zero; you are making a sweeping statement on zero evidence.

Scripture says that only God judges the heart (1Sam 16:7). You seem to be judging by your own warped perceptions.

At most Sunday Masses Catholics say the Nicene Creed, proclaiming " We believe in one God."

The Catechism (whilst discussing the first Commandment states “The first commandment condemns polytheism. It requires man neither to believe in, nor to venerate, other divinities than the one true God.”

I could give many more examples.

Go into a Catholic church and look up the aisle. What do you see at the other end?
Answer a sanctuary with a large altar where Mass is celebrated. Behind or above the altar will be a large crucifix - Jesus hanging on the cross.
If you look around you will probably find a statue of Mary. But that is not the focus, that is not where the pews face.
I'm not judging people's hearts..I'm judging by what I see.. the Virgin Mary pictures that are attached to car air fresheners, and in thier church houses and I most definitely have seen them do it online...I seen how Catholics came on here worshipping Mary..some even claim her to be the revelation 12 woman that births the man child..maybe not all Catholics don't do it but I have seen some do it on here and like I said I see the Virgin Mary pictures and objects everywhere too..

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep judging the Medieval Catholic Church by today’s standards......it will help distract you from the greed, consumerism and gluttony celebrated in your own American churches

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
some even claim her to be the revelation 12 woman that births the man child..

Hello Jennifer,

Do you think some other woman gave birth to Jesus?

She is 'the woman' spoken of here:

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; He will strike at your head, while you strike at his heel."

Peace be with you!

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Prayer For Our Non-Catholic Brothers and Sisters
(Especially Those Who Do Not Regard Us As Their Brothers and Sisters in Christ)
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Dear Lord,

We come to You today, particularly on behalf of our brothers and sisters in Christ who do not regard us as brothers and sisters in Christ. We know that such disunity grieves the Holy Spirit and how scandalous it is to the observing world, since Your Son commanded us (His disciples) to be one as You and Your Son were one (John 17:11), and that this would cause the world to know that He was the Messiah and Son of God (John 17:21).

Please forgive them their errors in this regard; have mercy on them, and reveal to them the wickedness of Christian disunity. Help them to better understand that the Catholic Church is not what they think it is. Please forgive us, Father, our sins of language and lack of charity and cynicism and for unnecessarily striking back in anger or frustration, when responding to these brothers and sisters. Help us to be more compassionate and loving and gracious, as You are.

Lord, help us all to control our tongues and to have discernment and wisdom to know when humor or satire is proper and necessary (such as when Elijah mocked the false prophets of Baal on Mt. Carmel or Your Son's criticisms of the Pharisees or Paul's sarcastic remarks about castration). Forgive us (through the blood of Jesus and Your Holy Spirit) our pride and arrogance and any haughtiness or triumphalism in our presentations of or defense of Catholic truths. Humor is Your gift to us also, but help us to sanctify it and to know when and where to utilize humor in the course of our proclamations and defenses of what we hold dear. We all often fall short in that, Lord. Help us to do better, with Your aid and guidance.

Bless these precious brethren abundantly, O Lord. Reward them for their zeal and desire to serve You and defend Christian truths. We thank You for the work these brothers in Christ do, that is very helpful and edifying, such as refuting the errors of theological liberalism, Mormonism, the radical homosexual movement, fighting for the right to life of preborn children, against Islam and other errors, and so forth.

Help us, dear Father, to remember that many of us (especially Catholic converts) were also formerly blinded to many aspects of the Catholic Church. Like Paul, we persecuted and misrepresented that which we fought against, with great sincerity and correct motivation, but misguided and hurtful and divisive zeal. We sincerely believed that the Catholic Church was on the wrong side, and a promulgator of darkness and opposed to the gospel of grace. Help us remember that in our occasional exasperation over those who sadly believe the same things today. It is all by Your grace that any of us grasp any of Your truths.

We thank You that these brethren do care enough about truth to stand up and fight for what they believe in. Help them, Father, to see when they are blinded by various biases and environments, to hear when they listen to Catholic explanations, and to grasp what they presently do not comprehend.

Remove from all of us our blind spots, fallacies, errors, stubbornness, and pride. We ask that You bless our brothers and sisters who are most hostile to the Catholic Church (and all of our Christian brethren) with all good things: loyal, trustworthy friends, peace, happiness, freedom from sin and anxiety, the love of family, wisdom, discernment, effectiveness of witness and outreach when they are preaching Your truths, and all other blessed, edifying things.

Help us to remember that Your Son was accused of being demon-possessed, and that Your apostle Paul was persecuted for simply telling the truth. Help us to rejoice when all manner of falsehood is spoken against us, and to never fall into the same error regarding our critics and "enemies".

We pray, Lord, that all Christians can better seek to understand each other, pray for each other, rejoice in the many things we share, and to respectfully discuss those areas where we have honest, sincere disagreements. Don't let any of us fall into the sin of indifference, whereby we no longer think some Christian truth that You have revealed to us is not important enough to defend or to be mocked for holding.

Father, we fervently pray for Christian unity. As Catholics, we believe that our Church is the One True Church that You established. But we understand that not all who are not formally a member of the Catholic Church, are (for many reasons) necessarily deprived of Your grace, or fellowship with You, or of the many endowments of the Holy Spirit and knowledge of truths of Christianity. Quite the contrary. Your grace is not confined to institutional structures (however true or necessary those structures may be, in and of themselves).

Thank You for these brethren, Lord, and all of the many important contributions that they bring to the Body of Christ. We praise You especially for the sacraments of baptism and marriage, shared by these brethren with us.

Thank You for their zeal, their fire and witness, love of the Bible and prayer and fellowship; for their fervent worship and desire to make Your Son Jesus Lord of all of life, for their zeal and commitment to evangelism of the lost, and for their stance on traditional morality, and against the spirit of the age. Thank You for our pro-life separated brethren in Christ. We know that in many ways these brethren put us Catholics to shame. They have so much to teach us, in how to be day-to-day committed disciples of Your Son.

May we learn in these many ways from their praiseworthy examples, and the true and beneficial aspects of these various non-Catholic Christian traditions and ways of life, and we ask that we may also be good witnesses of the Catholic tradition, so that they may see some good thing in us and on our Church as well, by Your entirely undeserved mercy and grace.

Again, I ask for Your blessing, especially on our most hostile brothers and sisters in Christ, who know not what they do, in criticizing the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. Guide and protect them from evil and falsehood, Lord. Lead those who want to follow You, into the fullness of Your paths of truth and righteousness, for Your name's sake (Psalm 23:3), whether it is within the formal boundaries of the Catholic Church or not.

We know that these brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus are sincere and honest and believe what they do with all the passion and commitment that we bring to our own heartfelt doctrinal beliefs. Show all of us what is right and wrong, and true and false. Help us to appreciate each other and to pray for one another, and to (particularly) pray for those who may speak all manner of evil against us, and even to rejoice that they do, and not to return insult with insult (Matthew 5:11-12).

Be with all of us, Lord. We are Your people; miserable and divided and compromised and sinful though we may be. Guide our very footsteps, that we may not slip and fall (Psalm 17:5). Set us upon Your rock (Psalm 27:5). Don't let us fall into the great sin of divisiveness and discord against our brethren in Christ. Help us to guard ourselves, by Your grace, so that deadly poison may not proceed from our tongues (James 3:8). Help us to maintain pure thoughts (Philippians 4:8), and to love everyone around us, as Your Son loved us (John 15:12), lest we be mere clanging cymbals (1 Cor 13:1) or whitewashed tombs (Matthew 23:27).

Especially, we ask that You be with our separated brethren, Lord, and guide them; especially those who think we are not their brothers in Christ. Bless them, reward them for their devotion to You, and have mercy on us.

In Jesus' precious and glorious name, and by the grace made possible by His shed blood on the cross on our behalf; Amen.

Reactions: Philip James

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the important question here, is how many of you have been to a Catholic Church service?

Before you judge, have you heard of the good the Catholic Church has been doing in the streets? If it wasn't for them a lot of people would be starving. It may have been a little over a year ago, but I also want to thank the local Catholics for providing accomodation for the firefighters, when they were battling the fire near the reservoir.

From what I have heard Catholics are a charitable bunch, we can learn a few things from them.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as violence Protestants can be just as bad....

"That seditious articles of doctrine should be punished by the sword needed no further proof. For the rest, the Anabaptists hold tenets relating to infant baptism, original sin, and inspiration, which have no connection with the Word of God, and are indeed opposed to it. ... Secular authorities are also bound to restrain and punish avowedly false doctrine ... For think what disaster would ensue if children were not baptized? ... Besides this the Anabaptists separate themselves from the churches ... and they set up a ministry and congregation of their own, which is also contrary to the command of God. From all this it becomes clear that the secular authorities are bound ... to inflict corporal punishment on the offenders ... Also when it is a case of only upholding some spiritual tenet, such as infant baptism, original sin, and unnecessary separation, then ... we conclude that ... the stubborn sectaries must be put to death." -Martin Luther

"My advice, as I said earlier, is: First, that their synagogues be burned down, and that all who are able toss sulphur and pitch; it would be good if someone could also throw in some hellfire...Second, that all their books-- their prayer books, their Talmudic writings, also the entire Bible-- be taken from them, not leaving them one leaf, and that these be preserved for those who may be converted...Third, that they be forbidden on pain of death to praise God, to give thanks, to pray, and to teach publicly among us and in our country...Fourth, that they be forbidden to utter the name of God within our hearing. For we cannot with a good conscience listen to this or tolerate it. The rulers must act like a good physician who, when gangrene has set in proceeds without mercy to cut, saw, and burn flesh, veins, bone, and marrow. Such a procedure must also be followed in this instance. Burn down their synagogues, forbid all that I enumerated earlier, force them to work, and deal harshly with them. If this does not help we must drive them out like mad dogs." - Martin Luther from the book "On the Jews and their Lies"

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In which.... Apologies for wrong doings is always in order!

In August 2001, the Churchwide Assembly of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) elected Mark S. Hanson to serve as presiding bishop, who served twelve years in that position. Bishop Hanson has extended apologies to groups such as the Mennonites and Ana-Baptist. I have got to take my hat off to the guy, if I were to ever meet him I would tell him reconciliation with other faith groups was an incredibly good and decent thing to do.

Reception of Mennonite-Lutheran Dialogues - Anabaptistwiki

300px-LWFMenno.jpg

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think the important question here, is how many of you have been to a Catholic Church service?

Before you judge, have you heard of the good the Catholic Church has been doing in the streets? If it wasn't for them a lot of people would be starving. It may have been a little over a year ago, but I also want to thank the local Catholics for providing accomodation for the firefighters, when they were battling the fire near the reservoir.

From what I have heard Catholics are a charitable bunch, we can learn a few things from them.
so are muslem and many other religions, the people are not the problem its the religions, there are people in all religions that will be saved, but for the most pert, will have to suffer the tribulation.. We are supposed to be in "Christ", but most choose to be in "religion".

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If Catholics Are Christians Why They Persecute And Kill Christians And Burn Their Bibles???

Now if you don’t agree mods that’s fine don’t just chicken out and delete this thread and class it as (so called hate speech) simply coz u don’t agree with it. Debate me, prove me wrong!!

The bible says always be ready 2 give an answer 1 peter 3:15 if u claim 2 be Christians then follow what the bible says!!

I think they do it because they think that it will mean more room for Catholics in heaven.

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi DS,

LOL....We don’t worship statues and if you can explain away the use of the word father in Acts 7 and Romans 9 I will consider your theory.

Sooo I think your answer is one is considered a Christian as long as they don’t practice ANY Catholic teachings?

Curious Mary

bro! I cant persuade u 2 believe the truth like many other catholics!! its God that does the work in a person!! 2 tim 2:5-6 pray to God, ask him 2 give u a love 4 the truth then u will find the truth I promise u, if u really want the truth u will do dat.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
bro! I cant persuade u 2 believe the truth like many other catholics!! its God that does the work in a person!! 2 tim 2:5-6 pray to God, ask him 2 give u a love 4 the truth then u will find the truth I promise u, if u really want the truth u will do dat.

I see you didn't answer Marymog's challenge explain away the use of the word father in Acts 7 and Romans 9.
Here is an alternative challenge:
When Jesus said "call no man father" what did he mean by "call"?
here is a clue to help you - Catholics do not call their priests father , they address them as father. If you work it out it will lead you to the truth.

Reactions: Marymog

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not judging people's hearts..I'm judging by what I see.. the Virgin Mary pictures that are attached to car air fresheners, and in thier church houses and I most definitely have seen them do it online...I seen how Catholics came on here worshipping Mary..some even claim her to be the revelation 12 woman that births the man child..maybe not all Catholics don't do it but I have seen some do it on here and like I said I see the Virgin Mary pictures and objects everywhere too..

You say you judge by what you see. But actually you misjudge by what you see.
Since you seem to have very little understanding of Catholic life you make false assumptions.
You also do not listen.
Try listening to this: CATHOLICS DO NOT WORSHIP MARY. THEY WORSHIP GOD ALONE.
Got it yet?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When people call my deep beliefs demonic, satanic and evil they display hate for me.
I take it personally.
That is you problem. We become what we are joined to, you are a catholic, just as SDA are SDA, that is what they have chosen to join themselves too, we are supposed to be joined to Christ not religion. Thats why so many will not be ready.

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

But we cant help those who choose religion over Christ.

And that goes for every man made religion on this earth, none are from God they all try to steal His glory.

Last edited:

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is you problem. We become what we are joined to, you are a catholic, just as SDA are SDA, that is what they have chosen to join themselves too, we are supposed to be joined to Christ not religion. Thats why so many will not be ready.

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

But we cant help those who choose religion over Christ.

And that goes for every man made religion on this earth, none are from God they all try to steal His glory.

That's just plain wrong. I'm not "choosing religion over Christ"
Jesus founded a Church (Mt 16:18); he founded it on the Apostles (Eph 2:20) and it is described as the pillar and foundation of truth (1 Tim 3:15)
He gave that Church one set of doctrines (Jud 3); a unity of belief (Phil. 1:27, 2:2).

Jesus didn't hand out Bibles and say - "work it out from there"

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When people call my deep beliefs demonic, satanic and evil they display hate for me.
I take it personally.
If someone is on the right spiritual path, he should expect to be attacked and vilified by forces of darkness and hate. It could be a sign you're doing something right!

Do you not know that the person racked with guilt often tries to make himself feel better by pointing fingers at others? If he can see them as evil or unworthy, he seems to think it might help him feel better about himself. This started in Eden, didn't it? Neither Adam nor Eve was willing to confess properly; both tried to blame others. I feel compassion for Catholics when I see them vilely attacked; but I feel sorrow for those who attack them, especially over things from the distant past. Please do not let them get to you emotionally. Please pray for them. I think they desperately need our prayers.

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Catholics and Protestants are actively being persecuted in many places today. Why aren't we praying for them? Why are we rehashing old wounds? Here's a recent news story.

March 2, 2020 Hundreds of thousands forced to flee as attacks continue in Burkina Faso

Security has rapidly deteriorated in largely arid Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger, with more than 4,000 killings by armed groups in 2019, according to a Feb. 21 statement by the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, which said counter-campaigns by national armies had been marred by poor equipment and rights violations.

The statement said more than 4,000 people were now fleeing their homes daily in Burkina Faso, with 150,000 “terrified residents” uprooted in February alone.

On Dec. 1, a Protestant church was attacked by armed men on motorcycles that left 14 dead in Hantoukoura, Burkina Faso, while Feb. 10 Islamists stormed the northern town of Sebba, abducting and murdering a Protestant pastor and four congregation members.

The Vatican-based Fides agency reported Catholics had been among 24 killed when attackers opened fire on a prayer meeting at nearby Pansi Feb. 16. The agency said Feb. 20 the church’s northern Dori Diocese had closed three of its six parishes “due to terrorism.”

Status
Not open for further replies.