If Catholics Are Christians Why They Persecute And Kill Christians And Burn Their Bibles???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are mistaking a system for the reality with individual belief.

Christianity is a believe in Jesus as Saviour, the RCC is a system that believes that believe in it is salvation.
Individual Catholics may be Christian but the RCC is not Christian.
The CC is not Christian but the thousands of Protestant churches that have conflicting doctrines are Christian? What about the Protestant denominations that have doctrines that AGREE with CC doctrines? Are they Christian?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Catholic will never agree that they lack the truth because they have their own agenda fed to them since the Catholic church took over simple Christianity and added a mixture of all sorts of pagan and Roman influences. And I don't say that to deliberately offend Catholic brothers and sisters but because it is true and hopefully they will see it one day.
Hmmmm.....Catholics have an agenda but Protestants don’t??? Is there an agenda to this thread?

Reactions: Giuliano

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Catholics Are Christians Why They Persecute And Kill Christians And Burn Their Bibles???

Now if you don’t agree mods that’s fine don’t just chicken out and delete this thread and class it as (so called hate speech) simply coz u don’t agree with it. Debate me, prove me wrong!!

The bible says always be ready 2 give an answer 1 peter 3:15 if u claim 2 be Christians then follow what the bible says!!

Are the Protestants who practice catholic doctrine Christian?

Baptism saves, perpetual Virginity of Mary, The Real Presence doctrines to name a few

curious Mary

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Protestants are Christians why did they do the same thing? Bad things were done on both sides and blame fall on both sides not just one side.

Reactions: Giuliano

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If Protestants are Christians why did they do the same thing? Bad things were done on both sides and blame fall on both sides not just one side.
Both Catholics and Protestants have to face the judgment one day. Because all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, they are both judged on the same set of God's moral standards - the Ten Commandments. Because we have all sinned regardless of the church we attend, we will be found guilty at the judgment. Only those who have put their full trust in the finished work of Christ on the cross will have the penalty for their sins removed and God's case against them dismissed. All others, no matter how religious they are, Catholic or Protestant will be sentenced to the lake of fire along with the devil and his angels.

Therefore knowing the terror of the Lord, we warn and persuade people to turn to Christ as their Saviour and forsake their sinful lifestyle (2 Corinthians 5:11-21).

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ur talking about the Methodist church right!! well they have women popes so their not following christs' teachings ever but at least they didn't burn bibles and Christians and muslims at the stake, no excuse man they need 2 repent!!
I sometimes wonder who is worse, those that burn bibles or those that sweetly distort it.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

Now if you don’t agree mods that’s fine don’t just chicken out and delete this thread and class it as (so called hate speech) simply coz u don’t agree with it. Debate me, prove me wrong!!

The bible says always be ready 2 give an answer 1 peter 3:15 if u claim 2 be Christians then follow what the bible says!!

a minister said: they are not christians they are not real christians

i used to be innocent when i was a member of catholic church i used to thought that if i pray this our father 2x ,hail mary 3x then my sins will be forgiven because this is what they teach us when i was still too young less than 10yr old now that i am older i am having a hard time trusting in the Lord or even trusting someone because of all the lies i've seen and heard the scammers that lurking in the shadows

this is probably pointed to them to priest,bishop,pope
kjv
6 But whoso shall offend(for sure this is not offend but trip/fall) one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

and for sure this is not all about innocent childrens but like a children that truly believe in God sincerely

this is probably why they are indeed being drowned and do not know the truth because the so called truth that they hold are the tradition that man created they created

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The CC is not Christian but the thousands of Protestant churches that have conflicting doctrines are Christian? What about the Protestant denominations that have doctrines that AGREE with CC doctrines? Are they Christian?

I would not assume any organisation is 'Christian', where in the N T do you find Jesus or the apostles talking about organisations, they deal with peopl as individuals or as groups that met together as a church.

There are many in the organised protestant denominations who are not Christian, just as there are many who just attend church and o through the motion of being Christian.

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are the Protestants who practice catholic doctrine Christian?

Baptism saves, perpetual Virginity of Mary, The Real Presence doctrines to name a few

curious Mary

not if their practicing Catholicism no! plus it would be counterproductive since they've separated themselves from the catholic church!!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do I need to buy guns? :rolleyes: All these people calling themselves Christians when they're not, when they're committing violence against each other! What should I do if a Catholic mob breaks into my house, demanding my Bibles so they can burn them?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do I need to buy guns? :rolleyes: All these people calling themselves Christians when they're not, when they're committing violence against each other! What should I do if a Catholic mob breaks into my house, demanding my Bibles so they can burn them?

Who needs guns, just make sure you have pipes, duct tape and rubber gloves around, and then make glovefinger pipe guns to protect yourself, bag of frozen peas and away you go, it's a much cheaper option. :D

Don't take any offence anyone, just messing around. :)

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who needs guns, just make sure you have pipes, duct tape and rubber gloves around, and then make glovefinger pipe guns to protect yourself, bag of frozen peas and away you go, it's a much cheaper option. :D

Don't take any offence anyone, just messing around. :)
Hey, and if I'm not attacked, I can eat the peas if something happens and I can't buy food. I already have a pail of water in my living room in case I catch someone burning my Bibles. :D

Reactions: amadeus and Josho

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This thread is just a Catholic hate fest.

Lot's of anti-Catholic rhetoric backed by nil evidence.

And the hypocrisy of "I don't hate Catholics, just the Catholic Church".

Reactions: Illuminator

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
51LAbRH5nsL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

As we all know and as many of our well established textbooks have argued for decades, the Inquisition was one of the most frightening and bloody chapters in Western history, Pope Pius XII was anti-Semitic and rightfully called “Hitler’s Pope,” the Dark Ages were a stunting of the progress of knowledge to be redeemed only by the secular spirit of the Enlightenment, and the religious Crusades were an early example of the rapacious Western thirst for riches and power. But what if these long held beliefs were all wrong?

In this stunning, powerful, and ultimately persuasive book, Rodney Stark, one of the most highly regarded sociologists of religion and bestselling author of The Rise of Christianity (HarperSanFrancisco 1997) (WHO IS NOT A CATHOLIC) argues that some of our most firmly held ideas about history, ideas that paint the Catholic Church in the least positive light are, in fact, fiction. Why have we held these wrongheaded ideas so strongly and for so long? And if our beliefs are wrong, what, in fact, is the truth?
In each chapter, Stark takes on a well-established anti-Catholic myth, gives a fascinating history of how each myth became the conventional wisdom, and presents a startling picture of the real truth. For example,
  • Instead of the Spanish Inquisition being an anomaly of torture and murder of innocent people persecuted for “imaginary” crimes such as witchcraft and blasphemy, Stark argues that not only did the Spanish Inquisition spill very little blood, but it was a major force in support of moderation and justice.
  • Instead of Pope Pius XII being apathetic or even helpful to the Nazi movement, such as to merit the title, “Hitler’s Pope,” Stark shows that the campaign to link Pope Pius XII to Hitler was initiated by the Soviet Union, presumably in hopes of neutralizing the Vatican in post-World War II affairs. Pope Pius XII was widely praised for his vigorous and devoted efforts to saving Jewish lives during the war.
  • Instead of the Dark Ages being understood as a millennium of ignorance and backwardness inspired by the Catholic Church’s power, Stark argues that the whole notion of the “Dark Ages” was an act of pride perpetuated by anti-religious intellectuals who were determined to claim that theirs was the era of “Enlightenment.”
In the end, readers will not only have a more accurate history of the Catholic Church, they will come to understand why it became unfairly maligned for so long. Bearing False Witness is a compelling and sobering account of how egotism and ideology often work together to give us a false truth.
https://www.amazon.ca/Bearing-False-Witness-Debunking-Anti-Catholic/dp/1599474999

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
51N-UMbb%2BDL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

WRITTEN BY ANOTHER NON-CATHOLIC PH.D. SCHOLAR

Anti-Catholicism has a long history in America. And as Philip Jenkins argues in The New Anti-Catholicism, this virulent strain of hatred--once thought dead--is alive and well in our nation, but few people seem to notice, or care.
A statement that is seen as racist, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, or homophobic can haunt a speaker for years, writes Jenkins, but it is still possible to make hostile and vituperative public statements about Roman Catholicism without fear of serious repercussions. Jenkins shines a light on anti-Catholic sentiment in American society and illuminates its causes, looking closely at gay and feminist anti-Catholicism, anti-Catholic rhetoric and imagery in the media, and the anti-Catholicism of the academic world. For newspapers and newsmagazines, for television news and in movies, for
major book publishers, the Catholic Church has come to provide a grossly stereotyped public villain.

Catholic opinions, doctrines, and individual leaders are frequently the butt of harsh satire. Indeed, the notion that the church is a deadly enemy of women--the idea of Catholic misogyny--is commonly accepted in the news media and in popular culture, says Jenkins. And the recent pedophile priest scandal, he shows, has revived many ancient anti-Catholic stereotypes. It was said that with the election of John F. Kennedy, anti-Catholicism in America was dead. This provocative new book corrects that illusion, drawing attention to this important issue.

https://www.amazon.ca/New-Anti-Catholicism-Last-Acceptable-Prejudice/dp/0195176049

Status
Not open for further replies.