If Catholics Are Christians Why They Persecute And Kill Christians And Burn Their Bibles???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
and seek his face.
is this literal or spiritual?
if literal seeking the face of God
christ is the image of the invisible God so
short hair
few beard
brown skin
and a common face?

but the face that comes to mind right now is a statue of christ with white face long hair that is i do not seek his face because i haven't seen him face to face and i do not know his face i might get mistaken afraid to be lead astray

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And yet you are still wrong. every religion on this earth can use the bible to justify there existence and yet they too are all wrong.

People use the bible to justify hate,
murder
slavery
for every thing a man wants he can find a bit in there to justify himself, and yet they all have nothing.
And when Christ comes for His church and you find yourself left behind, and you run to your priest and say "why" his only answer can be "your a catholic"

Ah right!
I understand.
Everyone is wrong except you.
OK. No point in further discusssion.

Reactions: Marymog

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes that one..I forgot that one

You still haven't answered my question in post #98:
What do you mean by pray?

I'm trying to have a discussion with you on the topic of "praying to Mary" but it seems you prefer to follow Willie T's diversion.

Why is that?

Last edited:

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
And what is wrong with praying to Mary?

BTW - I don't know any Catholic who has plastered pictures of Mary everywhere on their items
This is what is wrong with it:

There have been many images of Mary through the centuries. Some have derived from the Bible, such as the image from the book of Revelation showing Mary with a crown of 12 stars. She represents the early church with the 12 tribes of Israel represented by the stars.

There have been images of Madonna and child; Mary seated in a chair with the child on her lap. Some of these images look very similar to images that we know about from some of the pagan goddesses at the time.

9f1e9dfe4637539eba7c49410c181158ac73d0a8.gif
Isis and Horus, from a statue in the Berlin Museum ©
b8285eb266c251a4f699b967c79f560a3c0501a2.jpg
Madonna Enthroned by Fra Filippo Lippi, mid 1400s ©
Isis, for example, was seated in such a chair with the infant Horus on her lap in the same way.

When Christianity was spreading across the Empire, it's clear that it deliberately took images from the pagan world in which it lived and into which it spread and used those images. Old holy wells and shrines were turned into Christian shrines. In Egypt a shrine of Isis was deliberately and self-consciously re-created as a shrine of Mary.

One of the important cities for Mary was Ephesus, where the goddess Diana was worshipped. It's not surprising that Mary drew upon the imagery associated with the goddesses, because that was the imagery the people knew.

BBC - Religions - Christianity: Mary

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmmm.....so I THINK what you are saying is that each individual Church can practice/believe whatever they want?

Mary

No I am saying that there was not a Roman empire wide church organisation.
Paul organised Christians into churches in each town, those churches were like nondenomination churches today, responcibile for running them selves and following what they had been taught.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ah right!
I understand.
Everyone is wrong except you.
OK. No point in further discusssion.
No every one is wrong but Christ can HE help it He is the last on anybody goes to, prefer there preachers , teachers , religious leaders, religious doctriness etc etc to Him This bit.

Mat 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
Mat 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

but so many will be left out, wont be His doing.

Luk_13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

you made teh choice

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is what is wrong with it:

There have been many images of Mary through the centuries. Some have derived from the Bible, such as the image from the book of Revelation showing Mary with a crown of 12 stars. She represents the early church with the 12 tribes of Israel represented by the stars.

There have been images of Madonna and child; Mary seated in a chair with the child on her lap. Some of these images look very similar to images that we know about from some of the pagan goddesses at the time.

9f1e9dfe4637539eba7c49410c181158ac73d0a8.gif
Isis and Horus, from a statue in the Berlin Museum ©
b8285eb266c251a4f699b967c79f560a3c0501a2.jpg
Madonna Enthroned by Fra Filippo Lippi, mid 1400s ©
Isis, for example, was seated in such a chair with the infant Horus on her lap in the same way.

When Christianity was spreading across the Empire, it's clear that it deliberately took images from the pagan world in which it lived and into which it spread and used those images. Old holy wells and shrines were turned into Christian shrines. In Egypt a shrine of Isis was deliberately and self-consciously re-created as a shrine of Mary.

One of the important cities for Mary was Ephesus, where the goddess Diana was worshipped. It's not surprising that Mary drew upon the imagery associated with the goddesses, because that was the imagery the people knew.

BBC - Religions - Christianity: Mary

You still haven't answered the question. But then you never do.

Reactions: Marymog

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I feel we should put this debate to rest. Easter is not a time to degrade other Christian denominations.

The Peace of God be with you all this Passover and Easter. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.