If Hitler were to have repented for his sins before he died, would he have gone to Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they were not servants of satan they wouldn't need to get born again in the first place :rolleyes:
Everything is not either the devil or God. There is a middle ground where you can just be a human. Everything is not either black or white. Or good and evil.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but

1. You can't tell who is a child of the devil
2. The bible does not call that an unforgivable sin.
3. You now in talking of the Pharisees using conjecture.

Yours is an untenable accusation.

Jesus called the pharisees children of the devil, but by default all mena are spiritually children of the devil until they get saved.

Teh bible calls all mankind enemies of God until we are saved.
The Bible does call us all enemies. It does not call us all "children of the Devil." Where is your proof otherwise?

You will only point to the fact the Bible says we were captive to the Devil, but are not necessarily called "children of the Devil." The Bible, you will show, indicates we've been hostile to God's word, but that does not mean we're identified as "children of the Devil." You will not be able to prove that.

And I would dispute with you about whether we can identify children of the Devil. It requires an ability to discern, which obviously is not always available. But God sometimes reveals who has been revealed to be a "child of the Devil." That is when there is no more hope for their Salvation, although they may mitigate punishment by repenting of some of their wrong-doing.

On the other hand, there have been those, like John the Baptist, who were responsive to the Holy Spirit even from before birth. I don't believe he could ever be called either a "child of the Devil" or an "enemy of God." This is Scripture.

Just how I look at it....

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible does call us all enemies. It does not call us all "children of the Devil." Where is your proof otherwise?

You will only point to the fact the Bible says we were captive to the Devil, but are not necessarily called "children of the Devil." The Bible, you will show, indicates we've been hostile to God's word, but that does not mean we're identified as "children of the Devil." You will not be able to prove that.

And I would dispute with you about whether we can identify children of the Devil. It requires an ability to discern, which obviously is not always available. But God sometimes reveals who has been revealed to be a "child of the Devil." That is when there is no more hope for their Salvation, although they may mitigate punishment by repenting of some of their wrong-doing.

On the other hand, there have been those, like John the Baptist, who were responsive to the Holy Spirit even from before birth. I don't believe he could ever be called either a "child of the Devil" or an "enemy of God." This is Scripture.

Just how I look at it....
You nailed this one Randy.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks for your thoughtful and detailed response.

So... what specifically is the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

I can define it based on the chapter context, but I can't accept that what Jesus actually said, or meant, was preserved for us.

The context tells me that the religious leaders were claiming that Jesus was using Belial (Beelzebub/Satan) to cast out demons.
Thus accrediting the work of God to the Devil. (nothing about the Holy Spirit here)

But, what specifically is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit? And why would it be unforgivable? It's a mystery to me.

/
Remember that Jesus said, that some will never believe a Man ? So Jesus was ok with that excuse ? but regarding the Holy Spirit, such can not be forgiven in fact.

So when people seen Jesus back in the day ? Ok such a thing does not pass in fact ? Not to mention that the disciples had some doubt's in regards him ! for the fact is that they only knew it was Christ Jesus in fact when he went to Heaven ! see that reality !

So when i hear people say to me, that they will believe in him when they see him in the flesh ! i have to laugh or cry ? for they are so retarded on the subject in fact !
Bible points out that they who have never seen Jesus in the flesh but are truly born again, they have more given to them, due to the workings of the Holy Spirit in fact !
True faith is only given through the Holy Spirit in fact !
Bible points out, Oh you of little faith ! That is not truly worthy ? such faith is due to Mans works ? in progress ? but what you need is the faith that can move mountains ! and that comes from the Holy Spirit in fact !

So we see people claiming that Jesus is coming back in the flesh ? is that the work of the Holy Spirit ? that the disciples came to understand ? No !
Every person who is truly born again has Christ in them and abides in him first and foremost ! for Christ Jesus lives in us in fact !

Now if everyone was like that ? would we be seeking him ? No because we are found !
Only Lost people look or are seeking him ?
But then again their are ones who beat their own drum and are total of this world, that Jesus pointed out was full of deceptions and delusions. That's where they are at ! and it's they who work to get to the top of the dun hill of their septic tank ! For them it would be better if they had hung a mill stone around their neck and tossed it into the sea ! for they are a Curse and are damnation set to be in Hell ! for that's who they serve in fact, that of the Devil ! nothing but a Tempter ! a Serpent ?

Of faith hope and Charity, the greatest is Charity !
Charity is primacy among all other fruits of the Holy Spirit !
Charity regarding God is not to be mistaken for Humanitarianism as it is largely assumed nowadays ?
Liberty ? Do not use Liberty as an occasion for sensuality !
Paul says who will not attain the Kingdom of God, and about the Spirit and the Flash. Gal 5:16-25

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hitler was a Roman Catholic. Their tenets would seemingly answer the question I'd think.
Within every religion their are always idiots and very bad people even within the RCC.
Look at the Popes through history 2 main factional within.

Not to mention that Hitler was not worthy of being a RC truly at all in fact ! right from the beginning. he was killing them and making threats to the RCC and such people in fact when he got to power. and then started killing them as well.

I would believe that the Pope at the time was a good man but he was killed by the bad side within the RCC because he was standing in the bad sides way, in not signing things that Hitler wanted signed. their is a Mafia within the RCC and others !

They have the Talmud as their guide and that's why the child molesting took place so badly within the Christian Churches and was hidden by Political Powers that dominated over the Police !

Not to mention them powers have only grew stronger, if one were to try and get a conviction nowadays, just that the MSM did not expose such workings in proving this reality.

Most people truly believe that such has all been cleaned up well ? but why is that ! well they are not truly very well informed in fact, of the workings that was set up once again, that truly in powers them of the creep show !

The Fox is in charge of the Hen house in fact ! once again ! as such has got smarter ? they had time to work out the game play years in advance and it all went down just as they wanted it to ! Pure Evil !

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 2:

Mr. Hitler needed to show his faith through his deeds. Killing himself was not a sign of repentance.

The good news is that one of the two criminals repented on the cross before he died, Luke 23:

Don't delay the decision. Don't wait until you are about to die. While alive, Matthew 3:
He would have had a lot to sincerely repent for, but was it possible? Yes of course. Is it also possible a bad apple will always be a bad apple? Yes that's also possible.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Hitler were to have repented for his sins before he died, would he have gone to Heaven?​

If we replace the word "Hitler" with "anyone", most would agree.

If anyone were to repent from their sins before they die, would they go to Heaven?

- Isn't this the evangelical recipe for salvation?
- Why would adding the name Hitler suddenly CHANGE our doctrine?

The thief on the cross was mentioned earlier.

/

Spyder

Jan 9, 2024
Holt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back to the OP, our problem is the issue of "repentance." Feeling guilty is not repentance. Being scared is not either.

Know anyone who because scared by a sermon and answered the call out of fear? Are we to believe that person is suddenly justified by God's mercy?

I submit that we don't know and can't know. I also think we don't know whether a person's claim to want to follow Jesus won't be validated for several months or years afterwards by the change one would expect in a true follower. I think it is way to early to tell anyone that "they are saved" because we don't know their heart.

The "thief on the cross" did not confess repentance; he confessed guilt and belief in Jesus being free of guilt. I think that only Jesus knows what He truly meant about "be with me in Paradise." That topic has been debated for years.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Paul said...

does the potter not have authority over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel unto honor, but one unto dishonor?

Why so much attention on what man does when the matters rests in God's hands.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the first forums I ever participated in (technical forum about computers, not even about religion, unless you count anti-Windows sentiment as "religion"), the moderator said he had an informal guideline: When Hitler's name came up, it usually meant that emotions were out of control and it was time to shut down the thread.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If Hitler were to have repented for his sins before he died, would he have gone to Heaven?​

If we replace the word "Hitler" with "anyone", most would agree.

If anyone were to repent from their sins before they die, would they go to Heaven?

- Isn't this the evangelical recipe for salvation?

The thief on the cross was mentioned earlier.

/
Adolph Hitler was the very epitome of human evil: Starting a war that killed 37 million people and devastated a continent, persecuting, torturing, and murdering God's people, setting up a Secret Police to control the populace through fear, murdering your political opponents...

What, do we think the "sin" Jesus died for is just basic naughtiness, like looking at dirty pictures on the internet?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adolph Hitler was the very epitome of human evil: Starting a war that killed 37 million people and devastated a continent, persecuting, torturing, and murdering God's people, setting up a Secret Police to control the populace through fear, murdering your political opponents...

What, do we think the "sin" Jesus died for is just basic naughtiness, like looking at dirty pictures on the internet?
We tend to view "sin" as a plural = sins of an individual. And therefore grade them on a curve. Hitler = the worst (as an example)
When we view sin as a singular thing (the binary view), we see that all sin is equal in God's eyes. (sort of)

Because of sin (as a singular thing) we are all under condemnation.
But we are still accountable to our own sins (as a plural thing) and will answer for them.

- Our sin (as a singular thing) due penalty (of death) was paid in full at the Atonement of Christ on the cross.
- Any sins (as a plural thing) that we have confessed are covered and forgiven.
- Any unconfessed sins (as a plural thing) are yet to be resolved.

/

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People that know how to read the Bible can see from the scope of it certain Characteristics that the seed boys have. Obama and Hitler have all of them. So yeah, in my opinion they were probably seed guys.
Well, I will trusting God and not the opinion of Peterlag. You have shown many times already that your opinion and Scripture are very divergent.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well then who are we the children of? We need to receive Jesus in order to become children of god. so until that we are children of whom?

What are the criteria biblically in order to be considered children of the devil? Please support each of your criteria with cites from Scripture.

I know I was the child of the devil- I worshipped him! According to Peterlag I can never be saved!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then who are we the children of? We need to receive Jesus in order to become children of god. so until that we are children of whom?

What are the criteria biblically in order to be considered children of the devil? Please support each of your criteria with cites from Scripture.

I know I was the child of the devil- I worshipped him! According to Peterlag I can never be saved!
Peterlag would be wrong, if that's what he said. My own stepson worshiped the Devil, and is now a born again, saved Christian--albeit a struggling one.

The Children of the Devil are those God identifies as hopelessly committed to a life independent of God and His Word. It means that even if there is some redeeming good in that person, due to their having been created in God's image, they are committed to ignoring God on the all-important subject of choosing Christ as their way, truth, and life. No matter how much good they do, they are refusing to make Christ their Lord and God.

The Children of God are those God identifies as having chosen Him as their Lord and God, and Christ as their way, truth, and life. This does not require perfection--indeed it cannot require perfection, since we are all imperfect and at various stages of obedience or maturity. Still, the important element is God's identification of those who have committed to Him.

My Scriptural proof is simply the use of these terms and the fact they assume identification and belonging. We can be under the Devil's power without belonging to him, or being his child. Identification or belonging to Satan as a "child" requires God's identification as such. And every one God identified as such were hopelessly lost.

On the other hand, those identified as Children of God were verified Eternity, or Eternal Life. Nothing indicates they would stop belonging to God once identified as such.

You will have to do the study, since you are the one denying this. I have no problem understanding that many of us were at one time spiritually lost and under the Devil's power. Nor would I deny that saved Christians can backslide horribly and look as if they're lost.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peterlag would be wrong, if that's what he said. My own stepson worshiped the Devil, and is now a born again, saved Christian--albeit a struggling one.

The Children of the Devil are those God identifies as hopelessly committed to a life independent of God and His Word. It means that even if there is some redeeming good in that person, due to their having been created in God's image, they are committed to ignoring God on the all-important subject of choosing Christ as their way, truth, and life. No matter how much good they do, they are refusing to make Christ their Lord and God.

The Children of God are those God identifies as having chosen Him as their Lord and God, and Christ as their way, truth, and life. This does not require perfection--indeed it cannot require perfection, since we are all imperfect and at various stages of obedience or maturity. Still, the important element is God's identification of those who have committed to Him.

My Scriptural proof is simply the use of these terms and the fact they assume identification and belonging. We can be under the Devil's power without belonging to him, or being his child. Identification or belonging to Satan as a "child" requires God's identification as such. And every one God identified as such were hopelessly lost.

On the other hand, those identified as Children of God were verified Eternity, or Eternal Life. Nothing indicates they would stop belonging to God once identified as such.

You will have to do the study, since you are the one denying this. I have no problem understanding that many of us were at one time spiritually lost and under the Devil's power. Nor would I deny that saved Christians can backslide horribly and look as if they're lost.
Well you make the claim and I am asking for what Scriptures you use to determine this.

You have given a philosophical answer without showing Scripture.

Some of the pharisaical children of the devil later became Christrians.

And you did not answer that until we became the children of God- whose children were we?????