If it doesn't belong to you please put it back

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, fwiw, I don't expect to come to agreement.

But we still can be nice to each other, right?

Much love!
With some your question does not have an easy, yes, answer does it? Perhaps all of us have been guilty here at times of not being nice to each other?
Can we do otherwise?

Reactions: marks

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And the end result for any of those butting goats no matter which side of the argument he is on is...?

"And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left." Matt 25:33

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:" Matt 25:41
hmm, you think? i guess that was where most everyone’s minds went, but i didnt mean to refer to the judgement of nations, i actually had like “personal inventory” more in mind

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well, fwiw, I don't expect to come to agreement.
boy, you are ahead of me then lol, i still (naively, obviously) expect to come to agreement on a debate, at least initially. Ive found that asking questions rather than stating “facts” helps some, but any “agreement” seems to generally come in the form of silence, no reply (and no one answered him a word)

But we still can be nice to each other, right?
hmm, can we? As long as iron sharpens iron im not so sure!

Reactions: amadeus and marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, you think? i guess that was where most everyone’s minds went, but i didnt mean to refer to the judgement of nations, i actually had like “personal inventory” more in mind
So did I! Are goats stuck so they must always remain goats and therefore suffer as goats? Can a goat make himself become a sheep?

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

Then on the other hand, can a sheep in the Lord's flock walk foolishly out of the fold and directly into the jaws of an awaiting wolf?

Reactions: bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
boy, you are ahead of me then lol, i still (naively, obviously) expect to come to agreement on a debate, at least initially. Ive found that asking questions rather than stating “facts” helps some, but any “agreement” seems to generally come in the form of silence, no reply (and no one answered him a word)

hmm, can we? As long as iron sharpens iron im not so sure!
I'm not so sure I'm ahead of anyone. But hopefully I'm adding something.

Much love!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wouldn't say no one, but there is a lot of disagreement. Personally I think it's got more to do with how we understand Israel than anything else.
And, Precious friend Marks, IMHO, I believe there is also the mixture Of God's Context for Israel with His Other Context for The Body Of CHRIST, so, as:

@Fullness of the Gentiles has kindly requested, I also request Please what any have
"taken OUT of context," Please, Please IMMEDIATELY "put it back!" Please?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a reason why Paul taught in Heb. 4 that the people who reject the Sabbath will fail to make it in God's Kingdom like the ancient Israelites who rebelled against the Sabbath in the wilderness failed to make it into the Promised Land.

Prophetic duality is a constantly running theme in the Bible. Just because a prophecy appear in the OT, it doesn't mean it was strictly for the OT period. A lot of prophecies in the OT concerns this very period of time, the Millennium, and beyond the Millennium, so it's not wise to attribute every prophecy in that section as being completely fulfilled. A lot of people have little to no understanding of end-time prophecy because they assume every OT prophecy was only for that period.
Your suggestion that sabbath keeping plays a part in the role of eternal salvation, and getting into the kingdom would be in error

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sheep butt heads also, not just goats.
Does that mean that there are true believers following Christ, the chief Shepherd, who also disagree on things or who even belong to different church organizations with Christian labels?

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Lord Jesus, please forgive anyone, if he is one of Your flock, who accuses your sheep of being goats. But Father, please expose the subtle and underhanded ways of Satan to all who belong to Christ. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Your suggestion that sabbath keeping plays a part in the role of eternal salvation, and getting into the kingdom would be in error
Totally. But these days if you challenge anyone's false doctrines, they may start passing remarks about "goats butting heads". You, know, not referring to anyone personally, but to anyone who argues against their doctrine, especially if you have the nerve to vehemently disagree, you're a "goat", and you're butting heads, in the opinion of some.

The Holy Spirit in any believer will not produce such underhanded, subtle remarks ("goats" butting heads). It couldn't be defined as the fruit of the Spirit, surely?

May God help me never to judge the person, never to pass Satan's subtle underhanded remarks about "goats butting heads" (or any other underhanded, subtle comments and remarks), but always to judge between truth and error when it comes to the most beloved false doctrines held by some (but not by all).

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Saints, just bear in mind, the Holy Spirit in any believer will not produce underhanded, subtle remarks (such as "goats" butting heads etc). It couldn't be defined as the fruit of the Spirit, surely?

No, it couldn't. The Spirit that produces an underhanded spirit and causes people to pass subtle remarks is not of God.

May God help me and all of us never to judge the person, never to pass Satan's subtle underhanded remarks about "goats butting heads" (or any other underhanded, subtle comments and remarks), and give us the understanding of His Word and His Way to enable us to judge between truth and error when it comes to the most beloved false doctrines held by some (but not by all), and to speak out against the doctrines, but never the people. Let judging other saints as to what their spiritual condition may or may not be, be far removed from me, and from all of us, in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to elaborate on how someone tries to apply OT prophecies as end-time prophecies, because a lot of them were only partially fulfilled in the OT period. The books that were written by prophets were written as prophecy for the future. There is a reason why Paul taught in Heb. 4 that the people who reject the Sabbath will fail to make it in God's Kingdom like the ancient Israelites who rebelled against the Sabbath in the wilderness failed to make it into the Promised Land.

Prophetic duality is a constantly running theme in the Bible. Just because a prophecy appear in the OT, it doesn't mean it was strictly for the OT period. A lot of prophecies in the OT concerns this very period of time, the Millennium, and beyond the Millennium, so it's not wise to attribute every prophecy in that section as being completely fulfilled. A lot of people have little to no understanding of end-time prophecy because they assume every OT prophecy was only for that period.
You need to reread Hebrews 4, which is talking about a sabbath rest yet to come, that no one has entered in yet, and not about the weekly sabbath.

Heb 4:9 But God has promised us a Sabbath when we will rest, even though it has not yet come.

Has the weekly sabbath come yet?

Obviously it has. Yet there is a rest that remains.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to reread Hebrews 4, which is talking about a sabbath rest yet to come, that no one has entered in yet, and not about the weekly sabbath.

Heb 4:9 But God has promised us a Sabbath when we will rest, even though it has not yet come.

Has the weekly sabbath come yet?

Obviously it has. Yet there is a rest that remains.
Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.