If Jesus was the One who took away sins from the world?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People make the mistake when they open and read the Bible and believe it is speaking directly to them, and they tend to get things mixed up in their readings sometimes. It's important to remember what you are reading, and who is addressed, what is being talked about, along with backing up things in the bible from another verse most of the time a verse has a related verse to it when it comes to reference bibles.

One great helpful bible is a Thompson Chain Reference Bible. There are other study bibles, but the biggest thing is getting an understanding of the history of the Gospels, who wrote them, where they were sent to if possible.

It is important at least to me to get close as truth as you possibly can, checking word definitions, and testing the word of God against itself by the Holy Spirit, which may be something people do or do not do in their own life only God knows. It is important in my opinion to always read and consider everything when they were written which I believe personally all of everything was written before the destruction of Jerusalem.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People make the mistake when they open and read the Bible and believe it is speaking directly to them, and they tend to get things mixed up in their readings sometimes. It's important to remember what you are reading, and who is addressed, what is being talked about, along with backing up things in the bible from another verse most of the time a verse has a related verse to it when it comes to reference bibles.

One great helpful bible is a Thompson Chain Reference Bible. There are other study bibles, but the biggest thing is getting an understanding of the history of the Gospels, who wrote them, where they were sent to if possible.

It is important at least to me to get close as truth as you possibly can, checking word definitions, and testing the word of God against itself by the Holy Spirit, which may be something people do or do not do in their own life only God knows. It is important in my opinion to always read and consider everything when they were written which I believe personally all of everything was written before the destruction of Jerusalem.
The Law of Moses was only for Israel. All the rest is for all of God's people.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack, I believe it is good for us just to conclude our conversation have shared what has been shared friend. You take care and thank you for your comments.

Reactions: Jack

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just showing me other verses, doesn't take away from what other verses stated does it @devin553344?

Are you having a trouble accepting that Jesus Christ indeed paid for the price of all sin, even unbelievers?
Are you serious? What does the bible say about belief in Christ for salvation @MatthewG?

Romans 10:9-10
Acts of the Apostles 16:31

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

it didn’t take me long to read what you posted because it is all so familiar. I’m Familiar with it, like the expression ‘familiar with it like the back of my hand’ because it has been an endless debate between me and my husband …he sees like you Matthew, always reminding “none of that is to you.” It is history. We get into some ugly debates. His certainty. My hurt when sharing something with him and his “nope. It doesn’t speak to you.”

BUT such a beautiful thread you have started to allow others to share those verses…see mine was a passage from Job about a wilderness , desolate ground, where one could say the desolate ground was Jerusalem and God sending water.
which I related to when I felt desolate and in a wilderness. One could say “that verse doesn’t apply to you.” In the moment though it truly helped, regardless of whether being theology or timing right. For me the timing was appropriate.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you serious? What does the bible say about belief in Christ for salvation @MatthewG?

Romans 10:9-10
Acts of the Apostles 16:31

People who were saved in that day were also going to be saved from the wrath of God.

Are you still having trouble accepting that Jesus Christ paid for the price for all sins?

1 John 2:2

some people really have trouble accepting, I have come to accept Jesus Christ paying for all the sins of everyone in the world.

People who desire to be saved to the kingdom of God will seek out God in faith.

Those who don't want nothing to do with him, don't want nothing to do with and won't be with him at the end of life, they will be outside the kingdom.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it didn’t take me long to read what your posted because it is all so familiar. I’m Familiar with it, like the expression ‘familiar with it like the back of my hand’ because it has been an endless debate between me and my husband …he sees like you Matthew, always reminding “none of that is to you.” It is history. We get into some ugly debates. His certainty. My hurt when sharing something with him and his “nope. It doesn’t speak to you.”

BUT such a beautiful thread you have started to allow others to share those verses…see mine was a passage from Job about a wilderness , desolate ground, where one could say the desolate ground was Jerusalem and God sending water.
which I related to the when I felt desolate and in a wilderness. One could say “that verse doesn’t apply to you.” In the moment though it truly helped, regardless of whether being theology or timing right. For me the timing was appropriate.

Job is a book of poetry, from what I understand also it is one of the oldest books as I believe Job lived in Uz? Like Abraham?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me the Bible is one of the most useful resources a person has to learn about the history of God dealing with mankind. I believe that Jesus Christ the Lord is our wisdom whom we can learn from, also there are things in the Bible that help fortify our faith and feeds the spirit that lives with-in us.

Regardless if a person believe that Jesus Christ has returned or still to return, the purpose of a Christians life is to have love for God and to love our neighbor as ourselves, and the Bible has an ability to renew our mind when a person subjects themselves to reading it.

And there are many great verses that are there to help remind us of the goodness of God, and how he desires for us to have faith and that is what pleases him, that a person is made right with God by faith in His Son, and the Son makes the person right before God because of everything that Son had done.

God is good, and always worthy of praise.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who were saved in that day were also going to be saved from the wrath of God.

Are you still having trouble accepting that Jesus Christ paid for the price for all sins?

1 John 2:2

some people really have trouble accepting, I have come to accept Jesus Christ paying for all the sins of everyone in the world.

People who desire to be saved to the kingdom of God will seek out God in faith.

Those who don't want nothing to do with him, don't want nothing to do with and won't be with him at the end of life, they will be outside the kingdom.
The parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus is a serious parable about how even the rich that deny the poor end up in hell @MatthewG. I think if you look at the overwhelming biblical evidence that goes against what you are trying to teach you would see the truth. Luke 16:19-31

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me the Bible is one of the most useful resources a person has to learn about the history of God dealing with mankind.
So you believe God drowned all on Earth but 8 and burned Sodom alive "making them an example", as OT and NT say?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344 If you refuse to answer my question, I believe I refuse to keep talking. Sorry Devin, it is always good to see you though, along with other members on the board.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe God drowned all on Earth but 8 and burned Sodom alive "making them an example", and OT and NT says?

I don't have a comment. What do you think about those things?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job is a book of poetry, from what I understand also it is one of the oldest books as I believe Job lived in Uz? Like Abraham?

last post because I need to go clean, and I don’t want to derail your thread. My feelings (right or wrong) about job is…at first I thought maybe Job is the worst book to find comfort in. Because is it legitimate? (I thought to myself) I mean when was it was written, where did it come from? …to me though it has been settled because of how much what is in job runs consistently throughout the rest of the word, even Job consistency with the NT. But that is only my opinion. To me it doesn’t matter other than if comfort is found there in job, it always seems to be supported in other books.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jack,

What are your issues with people who are part of Jehovah witness group?

Have you grown up in Jehovah witness groups as a child?

I personally do not believe in Jehovah witness doctrine, but have talked to Jehovah witness even working with a person who was part of that religion.

Haven't talked to a Jehovah witness other than perhaps one that messages me sometimes on this website.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite simple. JW's are dedicated to attacking our Christian Bible.

Oh okay.

I think the NT confirms the OT.
Hebrews 10
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Maybe so. The Old Testament talks and speaks a lot about the coming Messiah, when the Apostolic Age had begone along with the great and dreadful day was to come after his arrival according to Jewish Canon of the Hebrew Bible, which dealt with the nation of Israel.