If Jesus was the One who took away sins from the world?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Thessalonians 1:7
who: Isa 57:2; Mat 5:10-12; Luk 16:25; Rom 8:17; 2Co 4:17; 2Ti 2:12; Heb 4:1, Heb 4:9, Heb 4:11; 1Pe 4:1; Rev 7:14-17, Rev 14:13, Rev 21:4

when: Mat 13:39-43, Mat 16:27, Mat 25:31, Mat 26:64; Mar 8:38, Mar 14:62; Joh 1:51; Act 1:11; 1Th 4:16-17; Tit 2:13; Heb 9:28; Jud 1:14-15; Rev 1:7, Rev 20:11

his mighty angels: Gr. the angels of his power, Joh 1:3; Eph 1:2; Col 1:16; 1Pe 3:22; Rev 22:6, Rev 22:9, Rev 22:16

2Th 1:7 and to you who are troubled—rest with us in the revelation of the Lord Jesus from Heaven, with messengers of His power,

The verses above co-relate to this verse 2 Th 1:7.

2 Thessalonians 1:8
flaming: Gen 3:24; Deu 4:11, Deu 5:5; Psa 21:8-9, Psa 50:2-6; Dan 7:10; Mat 25:41, Mat 25:46; Heb 10:27, Heb 12:29; 2Pe 3:7, 2Pe 3:10-12; Rev 20:10, Rev 20:14-15, Rev 21:8

taking: or, yielding vengeance, Deu 32:35, Deu 32:41-42; Psa 2:9-12, Psa 94:1; Isa 61:2, Isa 63:4-6; Heb 10:30; Rev 6:10, Rev 6:16-17

that know: Exo 5:2; 1Sa 2:12; Psa 9:10, Psa 79:6; Isa 27:11; Jer 9:6; Zep 1:6; Joh 3:19, Joh 8:19; Rom 1:28; 1Co 15:34; 1Th 4:5

and that: Deu 4:30; Psa 18:44; Isa 1:19; Act 6:7; Rom 1:5, Rom 2:7-8, Rom 6:16, Rom 10:16, Rom 15:18; Rom 16:26; 2Co 10:5; Gal 3:1; Heb 2:3, Heb 5:9, Heb 11:8; 1Pe 1:2, 1Pe 3:6, 1Pe 4:17

Even more scripture from 2 Thessalonians 1:8.

2Th 1:8 in flaming fire, giving vengeance to those not knowing God, and to those not obeying the good news of our Lord Jesus Christ;

2 Thessalonians 1:9
be: Isa 33:14, Isa 66:24; Dan 12:2; Mat 25:41, Mat 25:46, Mat 26:24; Mar 9:43-49; Luk 16:25-26; Joh 5:14; Php 3:19; Heb 10:29; 2Pe 2:17, 2Pe 3:7; Jud 1:13; Rev 14:10-11, Rev 20:14, Rev 21:8, Rev 22:15

from the presence: Gen 3:8, Gen 4:16; Job 21:14, Job 22:17; Psa 16:11, Psa 51:11; Mat 7:23, Mat 22:13, Mat 25:41; Luk 13:27

the glory: 2Th 2:8; Deu 33:2; Isa 2:10, Isa 2:19, Isa 2:21; Mat 16:27, Mat 24:30; Tit 2:13 *Gr: Rev 20:11

More references for 2 Thessalonians 1:9 who will suffer justice—continuous destruction—from the face of the LORD, and from the glory of His strength,

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If He came back---where is He!! He said the whole world will see Him coming back!

He is the Lord God Almighty. Considering the Lord God Almighty lives with-in the realm that I would consider the realm of God, the Heavenly Realm, the Heavenly Jerusalem which is the Kingdom there in that realm. I do believe Jesus Christ came back to get those people in his day in age when persecution, death for those who were believers in Christ Jesus. Those who were part of the 144,000 I believe were all watching and waiting for the Lord to show up as the time of the end had approached. The end of what? The end of the Material Religion, in which the New Covenant would be instated where God writes his laws on the hearts and minds of those who are seeking for him in faith.

I believe everyone one day will see Jesus for who he is as the Lord God Almighty, the Revelation talks about him being on the throne.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is quite a bit to go through, @Earburner.

2 Thessalonians 1
New International Version

1 Paul, Silas and Timothy,

To the church of the Thessalonians in God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace to you from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanksgiving and Prayer
3 We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing. 4 Therefore, among God’s churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring.

5 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering. 6 God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you 7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

11 With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. 12 We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Man of Lawlessness
2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends thema powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Stand Firm
13 But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14 He called youto this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

15 So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachingswe passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.

16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourageyour hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

2 Thessalonians 3
New International Version

Request for Prayer
3 As for other matters, brothers and sisters, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you. 2 And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil people, for not everyone has faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one. 4 We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command. 5 May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.

Warning Against Idleness
6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us. 7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example. We were not idle when we were with you, 8 nor did we eat anyone’s food without paying for it. On the contrary, we worked night and day, laboring and toiling so that we would not be a burden to any of you. 9 We did this, not because we do not have the right to such help, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you to imitate. 10 For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: “The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat.”

11 We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive. They are not busy; they are busybodies. 12 Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the food they eat. 13 And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.

14 Take special note of anyone who does not obey our instruction in this letter. Do not associate with them, in order that they may feel ashamed.15 Yet do not regard them as an enemy, but warn them as you would a fellow believer.

Final Greetings
16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

17 I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand, which is the distinguishing mark in all my letters. This is how I write.

18 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

Please compare all the scriptures below with KJV Luke 17:29-30, and you will find that when the Lord Jesus is REVEALED from Heaven, salvation and destruction will be a simultaneous event.
Now, from what I understand, it is an undeniable fact that when Lot did leave Sodom in the same day of his leaving, God rained fire and brimstone onto Sodom. I trust that you agree with me so far.
KJV Luke 17[29] But the SAME DAY that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
[30] Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Quote from Matt's bible reference of 2 Thes. 1:7-10:
7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

Quote from the KJV:
[7] And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[9] Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

[10] When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Now, if you will, could you please expound upon when Jesus and the holy angels were revealed from heaven, how the saints have been glorified, how the disobedient were destroyed, and on what day all of that took place?
Thanks

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please compare all the scriptures below with KJV Luke 17:29-30, and you will find that when the Lord Jesus is REVEALED from Heaven, salvation and destruction will be a simultaneous event.
Now, from what I understand, it is an undeniable fact that when Lot did leave Sodom in the same day of his leaving, God rained fire and brimstone onto Sodom. I trust that you agree with me so far.
KJV Luke 17[29] But the SAME DAY that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
[30] Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Quote from Matt's bible reference of 2 Thes. 1:7-10:
7 and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might 10 on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.

Quote from the KJV:
[7] And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
[8] In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
[9] Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

[10] When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

Now, if you will, could you please expound upon when Jesus and the holy angels were revealed from heaven, how the saints have been glorified, how the disobedient were destroyed, and on what day all of that took place?
Thanks

I believe by faith it happened in 70Ad.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you @amigo de christo .

From my perspective from what I am saying is that I do not believe the wrath of God abides on anyone anymore.

Because of the Lord Yeshua, and his victory over all things. I believe that God allows people simply to pick and choose whether or not they wanna have life with God or life without God. From what the Bible states there is a resurrection of condemnation, and resurrection of life. Each a spiritual body resurrection from my understanding; though however because of God having a desire from none to perish. He has made away for each resurrection to exist. Where do they exist? From what John states in Revelation Chapter 21-22, it seems to indicate a beautiful grand city, with 12 gates around it that never close. Believers will be found with-in the grand city known as the Heavenly Jerusalem. There is an outside to that city, and that is where those who had no faith resided.

the Bible is such a useful resource to use and look at and read and really consider many things with-in the confines of the Bible itself as it is massive in scope.
And that is dead wrong my friend . All who follow not Christ are under the wrath of GOD .
Just as all lambs were once the children of wrath , but now in Christ we are not under the wrath that is to come .
But all who follow not Christ and follow rather this idea that muslims and other religoins , atheists and all
are in God , IS a lie and they will face the wrath and judgment o GOD for leading folks astray .
Any who professes to KNOW CHRIST and yet leads others astray will be held accountable unto GOD
for doing such a thing . My advice is , DONT buy this all inclusive we are lie unity love package that came from Rome
and has indeed infected christendom and the world . ITS A LIE my friend .
ONLY the dragon would produce a love that says , IT DONT mattter if one does not believe in Christ
so long as they do good and have this so called love they are fine .
The devil is a liar and he knows how to decieve folks . ONLY HE desires the death of people .
THUS it is he who is behind this all inclusive many path to GOD lie .
As HE decieved EVE so too He has decieved many .
As HE told EVE DID GOD REALLY say
so too HE tells the peoples , HAS GOD , HAS JESUS REALLY said there is but one way to GOD
. And the lambs answer and say YES , JESUS has SAID YE MUST BELIEVE and that HE alone is the only way to GOD
and then the serpent says , NAY NAY , GOD IS LOVE , SURELY ALL WILL BE FINE . YE WONT DIE
YE wont have to suffer in a lake of fire , says the serpent . BUT REMEMBER HE IS A LIAR .
NOW JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY and YA NEED to get busy TELLING FOLKS Of this
instead of trying to let folks feel ITS OKAY if one believes not in Christ . Stop trying to change GOD .
Stop trying to mold HIM into what YOU think is love .
INSTEAD behold both the severity of GOD and the goodness of GOD .
GOD does not change . AND I , for one , AM VERY THANKFUL HE DONT .
FOR HE has said HE desires not the soul of one to perish and IF they come to CHRIST they never will .
BUT IF they deny CHRIST , IF they reject HIM and beleive not , I AM TELLING YA THEY WILL BE DAMNED
and the lake of FIRE will be their end .
Cease with trying to change GOD . AND RATHER JUST POINT TO THE ONE , CHRIST JESUS , WHO CAN SAVE A SOUL .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your faith is in what preterism of men has taught you .
JESUS IS COMING and WILL COME for the lambs as HE comes also to deliver the wrath of GOD
unto all who had rejected the love of the truth , the gospel .
Even now a strong delusion is taking hold of many . They are believing a lie
They have rejected the TRUTH that IN CHRIST ALONE is salvation and are being delivered over unto a delusoin
of a love that simply contradicts the LOVE OF GOD .
FOR GOD so LOVED the WORLD that HE DID send the SON
and that all who do beleive would be saved and all who do not will be damned .
THE LOVE of GOD POINTS TO CHRIST , IT dont allow folks to believe they are fine
if they just have some hugs and maybe feed some poor and yet DO not BELIEVE IN CHRIST . ONLY the devil
would produce that kind of gospel . Cause the last time i checked
THERE IS NONE that IS RIGHTEOUS , ALL NEED THE ONLY SAVOIR THAT GOD HAS PROVIDED . JESUS CHRIST .
NOW Learn And accept the TRUE GOSPEL and point ONLY TO CHRIST as the ONLY and absolutely ONLY
way for one to be saved . THEY MUST BELIEVE IN HIM .
Many follow the spirit of anti christ . They make GOD out to be a liar
for they simply DO NOT believe the TESTIMONY that GOD gave of HIS OWN SON .
You need to start over fresh and anew the in gospel and stop learning from these so called men you learned from .
They are leading you astray . I am telling us all , JESUS IS COMING again and HIS COMING does draw nigh
and on that day , once the door closes , ITS GONNA BE TOO LATE .
ALL who denied Christ are gonna wail as they go under wrath . POINT to JESUS . GIVE THE PEOPELS REAL HOPE
not this false hope , but REAL HOPE . POINT TO JESUS and do so while there be time to do so .
FOR when inquity hits the full JUDGMENT WILL COME and about the same time they are hollering PEACE N SAFETY
SUDDEN DESTRUCTION COMETH of which they will not escape . AND THEY ARE ALL ABOUT PEACE and SAFETY
with this all inclusive we are one religoin . IN OTHER WORDS TIMES RUNNING OUT and its RUNNING OUT FAST .
Point the people to CHRIST , PREACH THE HOPE ONE HAS IN HIM . HURRY , do not lead folks into a false hope and false love
Rather preach JESUS and guide them into the true LOVE OF GOD which saves souls .

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your faith is in what preterism of men has taught you .
JESUS IS COMING and WILL COME for the lambs as HE comes also to deliver the wrath of GOD
unto all who had rejected the love of the truth , the gospel .
Even now a strong delusion is taking hold of many . They are believing a lie
They have rejected the TRUTH that IN CHRIST ALONE is salvation and are being delivered over unto a delusoin
of a love that simply contradicts the LOVE OF GOD .
FOR GOD so LOVED the WORLD that HE DID send the SON
and that all who do beleive would be saved and all who do not will be damned .
THE LOVE of GOD POINTS TO CHRIST , IT dont allow folks to believe they are fine
if they just have some hugs and maybe feed some poor and yet DO not BELIEVE IN CHRIST . ONLY the devil
would produce that kind of gospel . Cause the last time i checked
THERE IS NONE that IS RIGHTEOUS , ALL NEED THE ONLY SAVOIR THAT GOD HAS PROVIDED . JESUS CHRIST .
NOW Learn And accept the TRUE GOSPEL and point ONLY TO CHRIST as the ONLY and absolutely ONLY
way for one to be saved . THEY MUST BELIEVE IN HIM .
Many follow the spirit of anti christ . They make GOD out to be a liar
for they simply DO NOT believe the TESTIMONY that GOD gave of HIS OWN SON .
You need to start over fresh and anew the in gospel and stop learning from these so called men you learned from .
They are leading you astray . I am telling us all , JESUS IS COMING again and HIS COMING does draw nigh
and on that day , once the door closes , ITS GONNA BE TOO LATE .
ALL who denied Christ are gonna wail as they go under wrath . POINT to JESUS . GIVE THE PEOPELS REAL HOPE
not this false hope , but REAL HOPE . POINT TO JESUS and do so while there be time to do so .
FOR when inquity hits the full JUDGMENT WILL COME and about the same time they are hollering PEACE N SAFETY
SUDDEN DESTRUCTION COMETH of which they will not escape . AND THEY ARE ALL ABOUT PEACE and SAFETY
with this all inclusive we are one religoin . IN OTHER WORDS TIMES RUNNING OUT and its RUNNING OUT FAST .
Point the people to CHRIST , PREACH THE HOPE ONE HAS IN HIM . HURRY , do not lead folks into a false hope and false love
Rather preach JESUS and guide them into the true LOVE OF GOD which saves souls .
Preaching a false hope of God saving all and sending none to hell for their rebellion and sins against God is definitely an antichrist message from Satan.
Those who do that are denying the Son and the Father.
Jude 1:4
For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol.

Okay then.

Just because someone views something differently doesn’t mean that it is wrong.

I believe Jesus Christ has came back. I believe it by faith.

I believe and have hope that Jesus did not fail those first fruits which was that of his Bride…

Note That is Jesus who I believe. I believe him about his return and he was not a liar, nor was the apostles frauds. There is an end to the Material Religion of Jerusalem when the temple came down and the land was destroyed and a million Jewish people had died, some exiled. I believe during this terrible time Jesus came and got those 144,000 people within that great large group of people who were saved by the return physically looking and seeing Jesus come back…

I believe by faith Jesus did not fail them.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can understand why and how you have come to believe that 70 AD. was the time when Jesus and the holy angels were revealed from heaven, the saints were glorified, the disobedient Jews were destroyed, and the day in which all of that took place. The Apostles did believe that His return could happen in their lifetime.

I had entertained similar thoughts, but couldn't get past the reality that Jesus and His Mighty angels are to be visibly revealed from heaven in flaming [blazing] fire to all the world. That did not happen in 70AD., nor at anytime since then.

In Revelation 1:7 I see two groups of people who are immediately reacting to His Glorious and sudden physical appearance, the Jews and the Gentiles who have NOT believed in Him through the gospel message, which was not then preached to all the world, but WOULD BE, as it is today, through the advancement of communication technology. Matthew 24:14
[7] Behold, he cometh with clouds [of angels?]; and every eye [living] shall see [gaze upon] him, and they also which pierced [impaled] him: and all kindreds [races] of the earth shall wail [to beat the breast in grief] because of him. Even so, Amen.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is all everyone quotes… @Earburner.

From what I believe about the Apostle John’s letter is this.

He was writhing to the seven churches of Asia Minor.

Revelation 1:7 is very relevant to those people then in that time period, from the generation which Jesus had spoken about which he once stood with-in, those who were be living and looking even those who pierced him would have seen him coming if they believed that he was the Son of God.

If no one was looking; no one saw: especially unbelievers whom were destroyed, in this destruction.

That is my understanding of it…

I am not waiting 1000 years nor am I waiting for tomorrow for Jesus Christ to return.

Either he came like he said he promised he would have to those people, or Jesus to me would be a fraud and the apostles would be a fraud to me.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is all everyone quotes… @Earburner.

From what I believe about the Apostle John’s letter is this.

He was writhing to the seven churches of Asia Minor.

Revelation 1:7 is very relevant to those people then in that time period, from the generation which Jesus had spoken about which he once stood with-in, those who were be living and looking even those who pierced him would have seen him coming if they believed that he was the Son of God.

If no one was looking; no one saw: especially unbelievers whom were destroyed, in this destruction.

That is my understanding of it…

I am not waiting 1000 years nor am I waiting for tomorrow for Jesus Christ to return.

Either he came like he said he promised he would have to those people, or Jesus to me would be a fraud and the apostles would be a fraud to me.
ln your belief system, are you understanding the comparative association between KJV Malachi 3:16 and Revelation 6:9-11?
If you do, then you should agree that none of them were bodily resurrected, but were given the Gift of Christ's Spirit, and then were told that they were to rest until their fellow brethren should be killed also as they were.

BTW, the word "altar" also means a structure erected in reference to places, people and/or events for "remembrance".

Edit:
it's important to note that prior to Jesus' first appearance, no one had yet received the permanent indwelling of the Holy Spirit of Christ and God the Father. Though the OC Saints in Malachi had died in faith of the Messiah to come, they had not yet received "the Promise" of Eternal life. They are shown to have received that Gift in Revelation 6:9-11, on the Day of Pentecost.
Edit: so then, now that they who (of the OC) died in faith, and are now safe and secure, "resting" in Jesus, they still wait for the blood of their deaths to be avenged by God:
Psalm 79[10] Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is their God? let him be known among the heathen in our sight by the revenging of the blood of thy (OC) servants which is shed. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preaching a false hope of God saving all and sending none to hell for their rebellion and sins against God is definitely an antichrist message from Satan.
Those who do that are denying the Son and the Father.
Jude 1:4
For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.

5 But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.
:Bestest::Bestest::Bestest:

Reactions: Marvelloustime

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ln your belief system, are you understanding the comparative association between KJV Malachi 3:16 and Revelation 6:9-11?
If you do, then you should agree that none of them were bodily resurrected, but were given the Gift of Christ's Spirit, and then were told that they were to rest until their fellow brethren should be killed also as they were.

BTW, the word "altar" also means a structure erected in reference to places, people and/or events for "remembrance".

Edit:
it's important to note that prior to Jesus' first appearance, no one had yet received the permanent indwelling of the Holy Spirit of Christ and God the Father. Though the Saints in Malachi had died in faith of the Messiah to come, they had not yet received "the Promise" of Eternal life. They are shown to have received that Gift in Revelation 6:9-11

This is not relevant to what was stated. What about Mal 3:16? Who was Malachi anyway?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not relevant to what was stated. What about Mal 3:16? Who was Malachi anyway?
It indeed is relevant, so that you may see and understand that ever since Jesus' Ascension into Heaven, and the giving of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost, God the Father through His Son, HAS BEEN COMING to each and everyone of us (John 14:18) on a personal level (John 14:23, Revelation 3:20), seeking to create within us His New Life, by enabling us to be "born again of His Spirit", so that we may have the forgiveness of sins and the Gift of God's Eternal Life.

Our resurrection is a two stage process.
First
, we must have His Holy Spirit within us, otherwise we cannot be physically resurrected into the likeness if His Immortality. Romans 8:8-9.
Second, because we have received His Holy Spirit, and are made to be partakers of the divine nature, we have already been given the Gift of Eternal Life. 1 John 5:12-13. By His Holy Spirit within us, we are sealed unto the day of redemption. Ephesians 4:30.

All that we are waiting for, whether we are physically alive or dead, is to be bodily resurrected into His Immortality (Him to be glorified in us) in the Day of Jesus' Glorious return from Heaven with His mighty angels.
2 Thessalonians 1:10

Edit:
Do you not see that the OT Saints HAD TO HAVE the Gift of His Holy Spirit also, otherwise they could not and would not be resurrected either. Romans 8:9 would fully apply to them, as being " none of His", which is now not the case, as Revelation 6:9-11 clearly reveals. They who were "remembered" (Malachi 3:16), are NOW in the "Book of Life", who is Jesus.

Last edited:

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
don’t know.

If that is the case, All people are forgiven of their sins before they're are born (even though we do commit sin (missing the mark of what Jesus Christ had fulfilled). The only thing not worked out is the relationship between the individual and the person.
Well forgiveness is a second chance, that is the basic fundamentals.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It indeed is relevant, so that you may see and understand that ever since Jesus' Ascension into Heaven, and the giving of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost, God the Father through His Son, HAS BEEN COMING to each and everyone of us (John 14:18) on a personal level (John 14:23, Revelation 3:20), seeking to create within us His New Life, by enabling us to be "born again of His Spirit", so that we may have the forgiveness of sins and the Gift of God's Eternal Life.

Our resurrection is a two stage process.
First
, we must have His Holy Spirit within us, otherwise we cannot be physically resurrected into the likeness if His Immortality. Romans 8:8-9.
Second, because we have received His Holy Spirit, and are made to be partakers of the divine nature, we have already been given the Gift of Eternal Life. 1 John 5:12-13. By His Holy Spirit within us, we are sealed unto the day of redemption. Ephesians 4:30.

All that we are waiting for, whether we are physically alive or dead, is to be bodily resurrected into His Immortality (Him to be glorified in us) in the Day of Jesus' Glorious return from Heaven with His mighty angels.
2 Thessalonians 1:10

Edit:
Do you not see that the OT Saints HAD TO HAVE the Gift of His Holy Spirit also, otherwise they could not and would not be resurrected either. Romans 8:9 would fully apply to them, as being " none of His", which is now not the case, as Revelation 6:9-11 clearly reveals. They who were "remembered" (Malachi 3:16), are NOW in the "Book of Life", who is Jesus.

So are you telling me I need to learn something?

Considering you still don’t believe Jesus has come?

Malachi deals with Jewish people, right?

There was a great and fearful day of the Lord going to come upon the nation of Israel for killing the Son of God. Malachi 4:5.

Also I don’t believe people are resurrected again with a psychical body. I believe people are given a spiritual resurrection body gifted from God.

Anwyay I’m not try to learn or understand whatever it is you may trying to share cause you didn’t even take time to explain to me who Malachi is.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BeyondET redemption sounds more like a second chance than simply forgiveness.

Ephesians 1:7 - In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace

However maybe I’m wrong.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Considering you still don’t believe Jesus has come?
How can you say that, when I gave the scriptures revealing that He HAS COME??
You simply didn't digest what KJV John 14:18 and 23 says:
.[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will COME to you.
[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will COME unto him, and make our ABODE with him.

Jesus most surely DID come to us, beginning on Pentecost, and HAS BEEN doing so ever since then, but on the individual level. Revelation 3:20 and Romans 8:8-9 explains it.

As I had said, our salvation(1) and our redemption(2) is a two stage process.
1 Corinthians 15[51] Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
[52] In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
[53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
[54] So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

JESUS Ascended into Heaven physically in His New resurrected body of flesh and bone, being ALIVE again in NEW Life by the Spirit of God, and shall return in LIKE manner. Please read Acts 1:11

He has the capability to be Immortal flesh or Spirit at will.

The disciples in the upper room, as well as Paul the Apostle on the road to Damascus, were witnesses to that. Not to mention the 40 days after His resurrection, before His Ascension, they all saw Him in His physical Immortal form numerous times. Luke 24[30] And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them.
[31] And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool @Earburner thank you for sharing sir.

However he did come for his first fruit bride in 70Ad.

People come into the kingdom by and through faith. That is the destination of the believer is the kingdom after this life.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
However he did come for his first fruit bride in 70Ad.
Yes, it's clear to me that the symbolic 144,000 are of Israel and no one else. Hence my reference of Malachi 3:16 and Revelation 6:9-11.

Edit: the 144,000 are of Israel who had died BEFORE Jesus' first appearance in the flesh.

Last edited: