If the second coming happens before the thousand years?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I am asking for is an answer to my question You then quoted other scriptures without answering my question.

Like someone has already said, you are ignoring the answer.

There must be a motive for that, no thanks.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Armageddon is mentioned in Rev 16, it is not "in" the chp as in the battle taking place there. Armageddon is happening in Rev 19, obviously.
Sure the battle took place in revelation 16 because Babylon the great was judged Revelation 17 confirms that

They are different battles with different partisapents and different outcomes

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Like someone has already said, you are ignoring the answer.

There must be a motive for that, no thanks.
Then what was the answer then?

The motive is just showing this scripture shows that the thousand years is before the second coming because no one is left after the second coming. Im just showing that scripture interprets scripture

Why are you so defensive I’m not trying to trick anyone just showing what this scripture teaches?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The motive is just showing this scripture shows that the thousand years is before the second coming because no one is left after the second coming. Im just showing that scripture interprets scripture

Why are you so defensive I’m not trying to trick anyone just showing what this scripture teaches

Why are you so defensive I’m not trying to trick anyone just showing what this scripture teaches?

Marty, I have a suggestion! Why not wrap yourself up in the knowledge of our Lord's salvation and His way of Godly living in this present world, so you can be of help to yourself and others?

Reactions: Marty fox

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea that the word "all" refers to the entire globe of people exhaustively is never the thought in the biblical Prophets, unless it is spelled out in a global context. For example, the idea that all men became sinners through Adam is understood in the context of human reproduction, since all men are descended from Adam and must obtain a Sin Nature from Adam.

But in describing universal judgment, the context can refer to a single nation, to a single battle, or to some limiting elements that falls well short of an exhaustive "human race" application. This has been argued many times in my experience. "Everybody" knows that--well, at least those who agree with me. ;)--just kidding.

Your claims of "Localized" destruction at the Lords return is "Laughable", just showing how far you will go to maintain your teaching of a Millennial Kingdom on this earth that will never take place

Jesus Christ Returns In Fire And Final Judgement, Dissolving This Existing Earth By Fire, Immediately After The Tribulation

This Existing Heaven And Earth Will Be (Replaced) By The New Heaven, Earth, Jerusalem, A New Creation, At The Return Of Jesus Christ

(Behold, I Make All Things New)

2 Peter 3:10-13KJV

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Revelation 21:1-5KJV

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Matthew 24:29-30KJV
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

1 Corinthians 3:13KJV
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

Luke 17:29-30KJV
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-9KJV

7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance
on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Malachi 3:2KJV
2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

Psalm 46:6KJV
6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psalm 50:3KJV

3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Psalm 97:5KJV
5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Isaiah 66:15KJV
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

Zechariah 14:12KJV

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

Nahum 1:5-6KJV

5 The mountains quake at him, and the hills melt, and the earth is burned at his presence, yea, the world, and all that dwell therein.
6 Who can stand before his indignation? and who can abide in the fierceness of his anger? his fury is poured out like fire, and the rocks are thrown down by him.

Revelation 20:9KJV
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marty, I have a suggestion! Why not wrap yourself up in the knowledge of our Lord's salvation and His way of Godly living in this present world, so you can be of help to yourself and others?
Amen brother I do I’m just trying to show that today Is the day of salvation don’t wait till Jesus comes back because that will be too late.

If the beast and his armies are gathered to make war with the lamb and His armies then it would look like they know when Jesus comes back but no one does. This might lead some Christians to wait for proof of Jesus so that their loved ones would believe that’s what I use to do.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen brother I do I’m just trying to show that today Is the day of salvation don’t wait till Jesus comes back because that will be too late.

If the beast and his armies are gathered to make war with the lamb and His armies then it would look like they know when Jesus comes back but no one does. This might lead some Christians to wait for proof of Jesus so that their loved ones would believe that’s what I use to do.

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
Rev 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Rev 19 is the battle of Armageddon that Rev 16 first mentions where the kings of the world travel to gather there for a great battle.

Reactions: No Pre-TB

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, they only go there in chp 16. The battle is seen in Rev 19. Everyone knows this. You are alone on this.
When your remove your false dreams for a future Millennial Kingdom on this earth, perhaps then you will understand

Revelation Chapters 16, 19, 20, same battle in parallel teachings (The End)

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
Rev 19:18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Rev 19 is the battle of Armageddon that Rev 16 first mentions where the kings of the world travel to gather there for a great battle.

Revelation 16 clearly shows that it is the judgement of Babylon the great and revelation 17 shows that it is the beast and the kings that do it for Gods purpose. That’s why the kings are mentioned in ch 16.

Revelation 19 clearly shows that it is the judgment of the beast and the false prophet and his armies by Jesus. Add the fact that Armageddon is mentioned in chapter 16 and not mentioned in chapter 19 and we clearly see that they are not the same events.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation Chapters 16, 19, 20, same battle in parallel teachings (The End)

Nope. No battle in 16, the battle is in 19, 20 is vastly different, not the same place or cause of death, and only one army in 20 where there are two armies in 19.

You need to study scripture better or stop trying to teach things you don't understand.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 16 clearly shows that it is the judgement of Babylon the great and revelation 17 shows that it is the beast and the kings that do it for Gods purpose. That’s why the kings are mentioned in ch 16.

Revelation 19 clearly shows that it is the judgment of the beast and the false prophet and his armies by Jesus. Add the fact that Armageddon is mentioned in chapter 16 and not mentioned in chapter 19 and we clearly see that they are not the same events.

Not the same events because 16 is getting them to Arm, while 19 shows the battle. No reason to name the place again since it was already named.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No revelation 19 isn’t Armageddon as Armageddon is in revelation 16.

Revelation 16 is the defeat of Babylon the great by the beast revelation 19 is the defeat of the beast by Jesus.

Armageddon was the time of the weeping as Jesus came in judgment and destroyed Jerusalem (Babylon the great) in 70AD as Jesus used the beast Rome to defeat her.
Rome is not mentioned either.

Armageddon of chapter 16 is a more likely candidate for Revelation 19 than 70AD. The FP and Satan and the beast gather the army that is killed in Revelation 19. The FP and beast are tossed into the LOF at Armageddon in Revelation 19, and then Satan is bound for 1,000 years in the next few sentences.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No revelation 19 isn’t Armageddon as Armageddon is in revelation 16.

Revelation 16 is the defeat of Babylon the great by the beast revelation 19 is the defeat of the beast by Jesus.

Armageddon was the time of the weeping as Jesus came in judgment and destroyed Jerusalem (Babylon the great) in 70AD as Jesus used the beast Rome to defeat her.
Let me get this straight. You are saying that people weep at the coming of Christ at Armageddon, when the Beast gathers Babylon to destroy her?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claims of "Localized" destruction at the Lords return is "Laughable", just showing how far you will go to maintain your teaching of a Millennial Kingdom on this earth that will never take place
I think you are misleading others about what I'm saying. I'm not saying that the apocalyptic events are purely taking place in a single place. I'm saying they take place in *many local places* and have a universal impact.

By contrast, you're saying that the universe ceases to exist when Jesus comes back because somewhere the language suggests that ":all flesh die." You need to understand things that are said by including the context for those statements.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let me get this straight. You are saying that people weep at the coming of Christ at Armageddon, when the Beast gathers Babylon to destroy her?

Yes they people of Israel weeped when Jesus came in judgement when Rome destroyed her for Gods purpose.

They weeped because they would of realized who Jesus was when His prophecy happened when He said that it would happen proving that He was their God and messiah

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not the same events because 16 is getting them to Arm, while 19 shows the battle. No reason to name the place again since it was already named.
But chapter 16 states that Babylon is destroyed and chapter 17 shows who does it. That doesn’t happen in chapter 19 the beast and false prophet are destroyed in chapter 19 how can you not see that it’s clear in the scriptures?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rome is not mentioned either.

Armageddon of chapter 16 is a more likely candidate for Revelation 19 than 70AD. The FP and Satan and the beast gather the army that is killed in Revelation 19. The FP and beast are tossed into the LOF at Armageddon in Revelation 19, and then Satan is bound for 1,000 years in the next few sentences.
First chapter 16 states that Babylon the great is destroyed and chapter 17 shows who does it. That doesn’t happen in chapter 19 the beast and false prophet are destroyed in chapter 19.

Second if all flesh is killed and eaten by the birds then who is left to live through the thousand years if the thousand years happens after chapter 19