If there be a prophet among you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have come across many false prophets in my search for fellowship with those who share in the gift of prophecy and a major problem i run into is that people do not seem to know or understand the title role and qualities of a prophet so you have all these people out here claiming to have the gift calling themselves prophets when they in fasct are not.

Now before continuing on I want to make one thing clear the prophet is one title one should not take lightly. Anyone claiming to be a prophet or anyone who thinks themselves a prophet must understand the heaviness that comes with it and the seriousness that it entails. Those who claim to be such and speak prophecies that they claim to be God given know that you more so than anyone will be held accountable for the words you speak that you claim to be from God, to speak for God to claim to be his mouth piece is a very serious thing and a very serious offence if done when he did not ask you to speak and you are not his mouth piece

I have seen many false prophets so casually give prophecies and so casually claim to speak for God and mislead his church misguide them and lead them wrong with no regard to the sacredness of his holy lips no regard to the damage they inflict on those they mislead no shame in what they do as they spew forth prophecies of their own making and put forth a form of godliness.

The prophet is one of God's most serious roles and requires one to truly know his voice and be able to resonate with him in a way that makes it where you can speak forth what he is speaking, every prophet is unique so they have unique ways God does this for some it can be through music for others it can be from speaking others it is prayer for some like me it is through writing but each person who God uses has a unique song and the way they sing it and not every prophet is used for the same purpose or message.

It is also important to understand that one can have dreams and visions but that doesn't make one a prophet there is more to being a prophet than dreams visions and giving prophetic utterances. The prophet is the mouth piece of god so it is only natural he would use his mouth piece to speak encouragement and strength to his church, the prophet is often used to encourage and build up the church their words bring others closer to God the wisdom and spirit of God can be seen in the words they speak and they have a natural skill to create that spark within believers.

The prophet alongside the teachers and those whom God granted his wisdom and insight are to help guide and lead the church in the right direction always pointing them to God and to the cross if a prophet ever becomes so involved in their own visions and dreams that they forget their actual role then that prophet has lost his leading role in the church.

This leads me to the traits of a prophet, a prophet will often times go into a sort of alone state to be with God sometimes secluding themselves or sometimes going into a happy place state of mind to be with God as the prophet requires a lot of intimacy with God to function correctly or they feel drained or cannot keep up with the usual flow they are used to.

The prophet also has a very deep relationshipo with God, yes we all have a deep relationship wuith him to a degree but the prophet has a special one where intimacy is the key word, they have a very profound and deep intimacy with him this is due to all the time they have spent in their quet time with him soaking in his presence to recharge so to speak as they have to do this quite often. This also is why they know his voice so well because they have spent all that time with him they have come to know him and understand him personally

A prophet also will tend to be the encouraging type they prefer to build others up and love to see others come to know God more in fact they find no greater joy than to see someone become closer to God or be impacted by something God used them to speak and it just happened to help someone

Not every prophet is the same of course and so the traits and attributes of each one can vary but the role of a prophet will always remain the same and it is far more than just dreams and visions or giving prophecies it is to help build encourage and strengthen his church to help guide and point the way. I see all these people on youtube claiming to be prophets giving daily prophecies made of their own imaginations and people just eat it up and it infuriates me that people would call themselves prophets and would so casually mislead and fool his church with no regard to his sacred lips or the damage they cause to those they lead astray

Not just anyone can call themselves a prophet nor should they but if one walks in the gift these are things to consider and to take note of

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have come across many false prophets in my search for fellowship with those who share in the gift of prophecy and a major problem i run into is that people do not seem to know or understand the title role and qualities of a prophet so you have all these people out here claiming to have the gift calling themselves prophets when they in fasct are not.

Now before continuing on I want to make one thing clear the prophet is one title one should not take lightly. Anyone claiming to be a prophet or anyone who thinks themselves a prophet must understand the heaviness that comes with it and the seriousness that it entails. Those who claim to be such and speak prophecies that they claim to be God given know that you more so than anyone will be held accountable for the words you speak that you claim to be from God, to speak for God to claim to be his mouth piece is a very serious thing and a very serious offence if done when he did not ask you to speak and you are not his mouth piece

I have seen many false prophets so casually give prophecies and so casually claim to speak for God and mislead his church misguide them and lead them wrong with no regard to the sacredness of his holy lips no regard to the damage they inflict on those they mislead no shame in what they do as they spew forth prophecies of their own making and put forth a form of godliness.

The prophet is one of God's most serious roles and requires one to truly know his voice and be able to resonate with him in a way that makes it where you can speak forth what he is speaking, every prophet is unique so they have unique ways God does this for some it can be through music for others it can be from speaking others it is prayer for some like me it is through writing but each person who God uses has a unique song and the way they sing it and not every prophet is used for the same purpose or message.

It is also important to understand that one can have dreams and visions but that doesn't make one a prophet there is more to being a prophet than dreams visions and giving prophetic utterances. The prophet is the mouth piece of god so it is only natural he would use his mouth piece to speak encouragement and strength to his church, the prophet is often used to encourage and build up the church their words bring others closer to God the wisdom and spirit of God can be seen in the words they speak and they have a natural skill to create that spark within believers.

The prophet alongside the teachers and those whom God granted his wisdom and insight are to help guide and lead the church in the right direction always pointing them to God and to the cross if a prophet ever becomes so involved in their own visions and dreams that they forget their actual role then that prophet has lost his leading role in the church.

This leads me to the traits of a prophet, a prophet will often times go into a sort of alone state to be with God sometimes secluding themselves or sometimes going into a happy place state of mind to be with God as the prophet requires a lot of intimacy with God to function correctly or they feel drained or cannot keep up with the usual flow they are used to.

The prophet also has a very deep relationshipo with God, yes we all have a deep relationship wuith him to a degree but the prophet has a special one where intimacy is the key word, they have a very profound and deep intimacy with him this is due to all the time they have spent in their quet time with him soaking in his presence to recharge so to speak as they have to do this quite often. This also is why they know his voice so well because they have spent all that time with him they have come to know him and understand him personally

A prophet also will tend to be the encouraging type they prefer to build others up and love to see others come to know God more in fact they find no greater joy than to see someone become closer to God or be impacted by something God used them to speak and it just happened to help someone

Not every prophet is the same of course and so the traits and attributes of each one can vary but the role of a prophet will always remain the same and it is far more than just dreams and visions or giving prophecies it is to help build encourage and strengthen his church to help guide and point the way. I see all these people on youtube claiming to be prophets giving daily prophecies made of their own imaginations and people just eat it up and it infuriates me that people would call themselves prophets and would so casually mislead and fool his church with no regard to his sacred lips or the damage they cause to those they lead astray

Not just anyone can call themselves a prophet nor should they but if one walks in the gift these are things to consider and to take note of

There is another factor. It is Jesus who gives offices.

Ephesians 4:
And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers,

It is the Holy Spirit that gives gifts. But just because I have the gift of prophecy, I have NOT been spoken to by Jesus and given the OFFICE of prophet. But He did speak to me in 2000 and told me He was giving me the office of teacher. For any of the offices you have to first be able to hear His voice.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A Spiritual gift is a manifestation of the Holy Spirit used to build up the body of Christ. A new testament prophet is a servant. A prophet is called, anointed, prepared, and commissioned by the Lord. Prophet is a function. This song is called "Harvest Wave."

I can see a wave on the horizon x2
It's growing larger, it's getting nearer
Oh can't you see it straight ahead
I can see a wave...the harvest wave

What's the Spirit saying
What's the Spirit doing
What's the Spirit bringing in our day
Hear the Spirit saying
See the Spirit doing
This is what the Spirit's bringing in this wave

Apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers
To prepare the saints of God for works of service
That the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity
In the faith and the knowledge of the Son of God...and become mature! -tc

One day during June of '96, I was leading worship for a prayer meeting. While waiting on the Spirit between songs, I saw a mental image of a wave some distance in front of me. I often saw this during worship, as it signified to me the moving of the Holy Spirit.
Then I saw an image of myself aways from behind, which put the size of the wave into perspective. It startled me. The wave may have been about a 1,000 feet high. It was still a ways in the distance. Since then, I've heard of others from all over North America seeing this wave.
One day last year, I saw in front of me the underbelly of a wave wall (I don't know the technical term) and in it was President Donald Trump and an F-18 fighter jet. The wave was really close. :)