Does anyone want to compare Old Testament Prophecy to Revelation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If all you can do is claim that I am a Christian Zionist then you are sadly mistaken.

Why does God tell us through the Prophet Ezekiel that He will gather Israel to Himself and plant them in His fertile field and teach them the Basis required of them in their worship where they are living scattered throughout the whole earth where they will be living and that he will be giving them peace from the beasts of the field. God also tells us that the Gentiles will tug at the sleeves of the Israelites and ask them to show them the way to Mt Zion. This is taken from scripture and yet you deny it is true and claim that God has taken Israel out of His plan for the Summer Harvest Season.

Why is it that you have such a hatred for the Israelite's repenting and returning to their Father God? Even Jesus is recorded in the Book of Luke prophesying that this would be so. However, He did give warning that if the salt loses it saltiness that it would be of no use to God and would be discarded upon the dung heap.

I know that we have not reached that point yet in the story of the Israelite people group, but it seems to me that you have already discarded the Israelites to the Dung Heap before God has made that particular decision.

Perhaps, in your zeal to read your plain "literal" understanding into the scriptures, you are missing God's actual prophetic words concerning Israel.

Shalom
5 paragraphs and no scripture quoted to support your claims made

God has only one covenant with man, the shed blood upon Calvary

Your theology has God showing favor to a ethnic people on earth Jews in National Israel, this is "False", God has no respect of person

Romans 2:11KJV
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Disagree with your "Symbolic" representations
I understand; you’re certainly not the first and certainly will not be the last. I certainly believe the things in John’s visions do and will have very real manifestations, for sure. But the visions given to John are dreams, much like Joseph’s, Jacob’s, Pharoah’s, and Nebuchadnezzar’s, and others in the Old Testament.

It will be "Literal" dirt, rocks, trees, etc on this earth, down to their "Literal" elements that are "Literally" dissolved
Nope. That’s entirely out of context.

Grace and peace to you.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
5 paragraphs and no scripture quoted to support your claims made

If you knew the scriptures then you would have recognised the passages that I was quoting in abbreviated form.

The second paragraph is taken from Ezekiel 34 and Zechariah 8. Were these paraphrases from these two Prophetic chapters not known to you?

In the Third and fourth Paragraphs I was referencing Luke 14 and Luke 19. Perhaps you like denying Christ's prophetic words concerning the Nation of Israel and their repentant heart around the time of the Armageddon Judgement of the Kings of the earth.

Your actions remind me of the workers in the vineyard parable,
found in Matthew 20, grumbling about how the late workers to the harvest receiving the same reward for their work as the first workers who went out into the vineyard, yet you want God to discard the Israelites from the Summer Harvest on the pretext that God has supposedly discarded the Israelite Nation already from working in the harvest.

Romans 2:11KJV
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

You have rightly referenced this verse and Jesus will say to some who have worked, in their own strength, tirelessly to bring in the Kingdom of God and will proclaim that He never knew them.

Is this not what will happen: -

Matthew 7:21-23: - New King James Version
I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

It seems to me that you have not come to know the Heart of the Lord.

Shalom

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand; you’re certainly not the first and certainly will not be the last. I certainly believe the things in John’s visions do and will have very real manifestations, for sure. But the visions given to John are dreams, much like Joseph’s, Jacob’s, Pharoah’s, and Nebuchadnezzar’s, and others in the Old Testament.

Nope. That’s entirely out of context.

Grace and peace to you.
My Bible states John was in the Spirit, and that doesn't necessarily mean sleeping in a dream

Revelation 1:10KJV
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you knew the scriptures then you would have recognised the passages that I was quoting in abbreviated form.

The second paragraph is taken from Ezekiel 34 and Zechariah 8. Were these paraphrases from these two Prophetic chapters not known to you?

In the Third and fourth Paragraphs I was referencing Luke 14 and Luke 19. Perhaps you like denying Christ's prophetic words concerning the Nation of Israel and their repentant heart around the time of the Armageddon Judgement of the Kings of the earth.

found in Matthew 20, grumbling about how the late workers to the harvest receiving the same reward for their work as the first workers who went out into the vineyard, yet you want God to discard the Israelites from the Summer Harvest on the pretext that God has supposedly discarded the Israelite Nation already from working in the harvest.

You have rightly referenced this verse and Jesus will say to some who have worked, in their own strength, tirelessly to bring in the Kingdom of God and will proclaim that He never knew them.

I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Shalom
Luke chapters 14 nor 19 speak of a future National Israel as claimed

Ezekiel was a prophet in the 70 year Babylonian captivity, he prophesied Israel's return to Jerusalem and rebuilding the 2nd Zerubbabel temple 536BC

Ezekiel chapters 40-46 Israels return to Jerusalem and rebuilding the 2nd Zerubabbel temple, Ezekiel chapters 47- 48 is the eternal kingdom

Zechariah chapter 8 also prophesied Israel's return from the Babylonian captivity and rebuilding of Zerubabbel's 2nd temple 536BC

Zechariah 8:9KJV
9 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Let your hands be strong, ye that hear in these days these words by the mouth of the prophets, which were in the day that the foundation of the house of the Lord of hosts was laid, that the temple might be built.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I Never Knew You

Shalom
God's words below teach only (The Elect Remnant) Jew will be saved by God's foreknowledge, just as all believers have been chosen and called by God's foreknowledge

Your claim the entire "Nation of Israel" is saved is "False" scripture clearly teaches (Israel hath Not Obtained) God hath given them a spirit of slumber, read it again and again

Romans 11:7-8KJV
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luke chapters 14 nor 19 speak of a future National Israel as claimed.

Then do you have eyes to see, if you cannot see that Jesus was speaking to an Israelite audience and his comments and parables were addressed to them.

Ezekiel was a prophet in the 70 year Babylonian captivity, he prophesied Israel's return to Jerusalem and rebuilding the 2nd Zerubbabel temple 536BC

Ezekiel chapters 40-46 return and rebuilding the 2nd Zerubabbel temple, Ezekiel chapters 47- 48 is the eternal kingdom

Zechariah chapter 8 also prophesied Israel's return from the Babylonian captivity and rebuilding of Zerubabbel's 2nd temple 536BC

Zechariah 8:9KJV
9 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Let your hands be strong, ye that hear in these days these words by the mouth of the prophets, which were in the day that the foundation of the house of the Lord of hosts was laid, that the temple might be built.

Again, you are cooky cutting the scripture and losing the context of the passage that the cooky cut verse is found in.

Here is the extended passage, which speaks of the present time and the gathering of the Israelites by God once more to Himself.

Zechariah 8:1-17: - Jerusalem, the Holy City of the Future

8:
1 Again the word of the Lord of hosts came, saying, 2 "Thus says the Lord of hosts:

'I am zealous for Zion with great zeal;
With great fervour I am zealous for her.'
3 "Thus says the Lord:

'I will return to Zion,
And dwell in the midst of Jerusalem.
Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth,
The Mountain of the Lord of hosts,
The Holy Mountain.'

4 "Thus says the Lord of hosts:

'Old men and old women shall again sit
In the streets of Jerusalem,
Each one with his staff in his hand
Because of great age.
5 The streets of the city
Shall be full of boys and girls
Playing in its streets.'

6 "Thus says the Lord of hosts:

'If it is marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days,
Will it also be marvellous in My eyes?'

Says the Lord of hosts.

7 "Thus says the Lord of hosts:

'Behold, I will save My people from My earth of the east
And from My earth of the west;
8 I will bring them back,
And they shall nestle in the midst of peace.
They shall be My people
And I will be their God,
In truth and righteousness.'

9 "Thus says the Lord of hosts:

'Let your hands be strong,
You who have been hearing in these days
These words by the mouth of the prophets,
Who spoke in the day the foundation was laid
For the house of the Lord of hosts,
That the temple might be built.
10 For before these days
There were no wages for man nor any hire for beast;
There was no peace from the enemy for whoever went out or came in;
For I set all men, everyone, against his neighbour.

11 ‘But now I will not treat the remnant of this people as in the former days,' says the Lord of hosts.

12 'For the seed shall be prosperous,
The vine shall give its fruit,
The ground shall give her increase,
And the heavens shall give their dew —
I will cause the remnant of this people
To possess all these.
13 And it shall come to pass
That just as you were a curse among the nations,
O house of Judah and house of Israel,
So, I will save you, and you shall be a blessing.
Do not fear,
Let your hands be strong.'

14 "For thus says the Lord of hosts:

'Just as I determined to punish you
When your fathers provoked Me to wrath,'
Says the Lord of hosts,
'And I would not relent,
15 So again in these days
I am determined to do good
To Jerusalem and to the house of Judah.
Do not fear.
16 These are the things you shall do:
Speak each man the truth to his neighbour;
Give judgment in your gates for truth, justice, and peace;
17 Let none of you think evil in your heart against your neighbour;
And do not love a false oath.
For all these are things that I hate,'
Says the Lord."

Removing a verse from the context that it is found in, means that you can claim anything that you want to support your claims which are false.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Bible states John was in the Spirit, and that doesn't necessarily mean sleeping in a dream
Sure. I didn't assert "sleeping" as such, although I can see how you might get that idea. All I said (chuckles... as if it is some mere thing...) was that it was a dream ~ in this case a vision; in John's case actually a series of visions ~ which God has given several times in many ways in Scripture, and which can take the form of dreams.

Revelation 1:10KJV
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
giphy.gif

Yes, I would submit to you that "in the Spirit" can mean a lot of different things. The only thing we can really say about being in the Spirit is that the person in that... position... is in a state of full conviction by the Spirit, Who convicts.

Grace and peace to you, Truth7t7.

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God's words below teach only (The Elect Remnant) Jew will be saved by God's foreknowledge, just as all believers have been chosen and called by God's foreknowledge

Your claim the entire "Nation of Israel" is saved is "False" scripture clearly teaches (Israel hath Not Obtained) God hath given them a spirit of slumber, read it again and again

Romans 11:7-8KJV
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.
8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

Again, you have cooky cut out one verse out of the context in which it was written to justify your arguments.

In quoting Romans 11:26 where it clearly states in the Greek that "all" of Israel will be saved after the Armageddon judgement of the Kings of the earth, I am not disagreeing with the author and what He wrote.

Perhaps your argument is with God rather than with what I have penned.

If I write that one team in winning slaughtered the other team on the field to win, have I written that all of the losing teams members on the field are now dead?

In Ezekiel 34 God clearly states that He will judge between sheep and sheep and then that He will also judge between Rams and He-goats.

The expression that "a Picture tells the story of many words," is very true, yet you seem to have created a picture in your mind from just a few words of scripture such that the Picture that God tells in His scriptures is lost to you.

If you are having difficulties in understanding what I have posted, then take your disagreement up with God as He is also the author of what I post. perhaps he will allow you to see what he has actually written and the context of what He has written.

Goodbye.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then do you have eyes to see, if you cannot see that Jesus was speaking to an Israelite audience and his comments and parables were addressed to them.

Again, you are cooky cutting the scripture and losing the context of the passage that the cooky cut verse is found in.

Here is the extended passage, which speaks of the present time and the gathering of the Israelites by God once more to Himself.

Zechariah 8:1-17: - Jerusalem, the Holy City of the Future

8:
1 Again the word of the Lord of hosts came, saying, 2 "Thus says the Lord of hosts:

'I am zealous for Zion with great zeal;
With great fervour I am zealous for her.'
3 "Thus says the Lord:

'I will return to Zion,
And dwell in the midst of Jerusalem.
Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth,
The Mountain of the Lord of hosts,
The Holy Mountain.'

4 "Thus says the Lord of hosts:

'Old men and old women shall again sit
In the streets of Jerusalem,
Each one with his staff in his hand
Because of great age.
5 The streets of the city
Shall be full of boys and girls
Playing in its streets.'

6 "Thus says the Lord of hosts:

'If it is marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days,
Will it also be marvellous in My eyes?'

Says the Lord of hosts.

7 "Thus says the Lord of hosts:

'Behold, I will save My people from My earth of the east
And from My earth of the west;
8 I will bring them back,
And they shall nestle in the midst of peace.
They shall be My people
And I will be their God,
In truth and righteousness.'

9 "Thus says the Lord of hosts:

'Let your hands be strong,
You who have been hearing in these days
These words by the mouth of the prophets,
Who spoke in the day the foundation was laid
For the house of the Lord of hosts,
That the temple might be built.
10 For before these days
There were no wages for man nor any hire for beast;
There was no peace from the enemy for whoever went out or came in;
For I set all men, everyone, against his neighbour.

11 ‘But now I will not treat the remnant of this people as in the former days,' says the Lord of hosts.

12 'For the seed shall be prosperous,
The vine shall give its fruit,
The ground shall give her increase,
And the heavens shall give their dew —
I will cause the remnant of this people
To possess all these.
13 And it shall come to pass
That just as you were a curse among the nations,
O house of Judah and house of Israel,
So, I will save you, and you shall be a blessing.
Do not fear,
Let your hands be strong.'

14 "For thus says the Lord of hosts:

'Just as I determined to punish you
When your fathers provoked Me to wrath,'
Says the Lord of hosts,
'And I would not relent,
15 So again in these days
I am determined to do good
To Jerusalem and to the house of Judah.
Do not fear.
16 These are the things you shall do:
Speak each man the truth to his neighbour;
Give judgment in your gates for truth, justice, and peace;
17 Let none of you think evil in your heart against your neighbour;
And do not love a false oath.
For all these are things that I hate,'
Says the Lord."

Removing a verse from the context that it is found in, means that you can claim anything that you want to support your claims which are false.
Yes the Lord's house was built after the Babylonian captivity by Zerubabbel in 536BC (Fulfilled)

Verse 12 Babylonian captivity
Verse 16 Zerubabbels temple build 536BC

Zechariah 1:12-16KJV
12 Then the angel of the Lord answered and said, O Lord of hosts, how long wilt thou not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Judah, against which thou hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?
13 And the Lord answered the angel that talked with me with good words and comfortable words.
14 So the angel that communed with me said unto me, Cry thou, saying, Thus saith the Lord of hosts; I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with a great jealousy.
15 And I am very sore displeased with the heathen that are at ease: for I was but a little displeased, and they helped forward the affliction.
16 Therefore thus saith the Lord; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith the Lord of hosts, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem.

Joshua is chosen to be High Priest of the Zerubabbel temple in Jerusalem 536BC

Zechariah 3:6-7KJV
6 And the angel of the Lord protested unto Joshua, saying,
7 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.

Zerubabbel built the temple in 536BC, that's mentioned throughout the book of Zechariah, Joshua was the high priest of this temple

Zechariah 4:9KJV
9 The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you.

Again, you have cooky cut out one verse out of the context in which it was written to justify your arguments.

In quoting Romans 11:26 where it clearly states in the Greek that "all" of Israel will be saved after the Armageddon judgement of the Kings of the earth, I am not disagreeing with the author and what He wrote.

Perhaps your argument is with God rather than with what I have penned.

If I write that one team in winning slaughtered the other team on the field to win, have I written that all of the losing teams members on the field are now dead?

In Ezekiel 34 God clearly states that He will judge between sheep and sheep and then that He will also judge between Rams and He-goats.

The expression that "a Picture tells the story of many words," is very true, yet you seem to have created a picture in your mind from just a few words of scripture such that the Picture that God tells in His scriptures is lost to you.

If you are having difficulties in understanding what I have posted, then take your disagreement up with God as He is also the author of what I post. perhaps he will allow you to see what he has actually written and the context of what He has written.

Goodbye.
Yes (all Israel will be saved) when the very last human is saved by the finished work on Calvary and added to the Church on earth

(The Church Is The Israel Of God)

Gods words clearly show (Two Israel's) below

1.) Israel of the flesh (Jews)

2.) Israel of the promised seed (Church)

Scripture clearly teaches Israel of the flesh, they aren't the children of God, it's that simple

Romans 9:6-8KJV

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: 7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Yes the Kingdom of God has been taken from National Ethnic Israel, And Given To The Church, a "Holy Nation" as clearly seen below

Matthew 21:43KJV

3 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

1 Peter 2:9KJV

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood,
an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Silence = assent?

Get a life and be truthful in what you post.

Silence is often the best solution in providing an answer to someone who does not listen or understand the significance of what has been posted.

Goodbye. Please stop wasting my time.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Get a life and be truthful in what you post.

Silence is often the best solution in providing an answer to someone who does not listen or understand the significance of what has been posted.

Goodbye. Please stop wasting my time.
Why does fulfillment upset you? :laughing:

Didn't you just agree that there are Old Testament prophecies which are fulfilled in the New Testament?

You said "Yes, there are."

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes the Lord's house was built after the Babylonian captivity by Zerubabbel in 536BC (Fulfilled)

Verse 12 Babylonian captivity

12 Then the angel of the Lord answered and said, O Lord of hosts, how long wilt thou not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Judah, against which thou hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?
13 And the Lord answered the angel that talked with me with good words and comfortable words.
14 So the angel that communed with me said unto me, Cry thou, saying, Thus saith the Lord of hosts; I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with a great jealousy.
15 And I am very sore displeased with the heathen that are at ease: for I was but a little displeased, and they helped forward the affliction.
16 Therefore thus saith the Lord; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith the Lord of hosts, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem.

7 Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.

Yes (all Israel will be saved) when the very last human is saved by the finished work on Calvary and added to the book of life

As usual you are grasping at straws again to justify your peculiar truth.

Let us quote more verses to see what the context is: -

Zechariah: 1:18-2:7: - Vision of the Horns

18 Then I raised my eyes and looked, and there were four horns. 19 And I said to the angel who talked with me, "What are these?"
So, he answered me, "These are the horns that will scatter Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem."
20 Then the Lord showed me four craftsmen. 21 And I said, "What are these coming to do?"
So, he said, "These are the horns that scattered Judah, so that no one could lift up his head; but the craftsmen are coming to terrify them, to cast out the horns of the nations that lifted up their horn against the country of Judah to scatter it. "

Vision of the Measuring Line

2:
1 Then I raised my eyes and looked, and behold, a man with a measuring line in his hand. 2 So I said, "Where are you going?"
And he said to me, "To measure Jerusalem, to see what its width is and what is its length."

3 And there was the angel who talked with me, going out; and another angel was coming out to meet him, 4 who said to him, "Run, speak to this young man, saying: 'Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls, because of the multitude of men and livestock in it. 5 For I,' says the Lord, 'will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.'"
Future Joy of Zion and Many Nations
6 "Up, up! Flee from the country of the north," says the Lord; "for I have spread you abroad like the four winds of heaven," says the Lord. 7 "Up, Zion! Escape, you who dwell with the daughter of Babylon."

It seems that you are mixing up your timeline as to when the End Time Events will take place.

This passage speaks of Israel being scattered to the four corners of the earth. This began for Judah in 70 AD. It then also speaks of Jerusalem being inhabited as towns without walls after being scattered.

The time context is important to understand for God's End Time Prophecies.

Goodbye.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why does fulfillment upset you? :laughing:

Didn't you just agree that there are Old Testament prophecies which are fulfilled in the New Testament?

You said "Yes, there are."

Fulfilment of OT prophecies does not upset me. What upsets me is the misunderstanding that so called experts want to convey which is misleading.

Goodbye

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As usual you are grasping at straws again to justify your peculiar truth.

Let us quote more verses to see what the context is: -

Zechariah: 1:18-2:7: - Vision of the Horns

18 Then I raised my eyes and looked, and there were four horns. 19 And I said to the angel who talked with me, "What are these?"
So, he answered me, "These are the horns that will scatter Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem."
20 Then the Lord showed me four craftsmen. 21 And I said, "What are these coming to do?"
So, he said, "These are the horns that scattered Judah, so that no one could lift up his head; but the craftsmen are coming to terrify them, to cast out the horns of the nations that lifted up their horn against the country of Judah to scatter it. "

Vision of the Measuring Line

2:
1 Then I raised my eyes and looked, and behold, a man with a measuring line in his hand. 2 So I said, "Where are you going?"
And he said to me, "To measure Jerusalem, to see what its width is and what is its length."

3 And there was the angel who talked with me, going out; and another angel was coming out to meet him, 4 who said to him, "Run, speak to this young man, saying: 'Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls, because of the multitude of men and livestock in it. 5 For I,' says the Lord, 'will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.'"
Future Joy of Zion and Many Nations
6 "Up, up! Flee from the country of the north," says the Lord; "for I have spread you abroad like the four winds of heaven," says the Lord. 7 "Up, Zion! Escape, you who dwell with the daughter of Babylon."

It seems that you are mixing up your timeline as to when the End Time Events will take place.

This passage speaks of Israel being scattered to the four corners of the earth. This began for Judah in 70 AD. It then also speaks of Jerusalem being inhabited as towns without walls after being scattered.

The time context is important to understand for God's End Time Prophecies.

Goodbye.
Read It Again, Zerubbabels 2nd Temple 536BC fulfilled not future as you falsely claim, and Joshua was the high priest of this temple

Zechariah 1:
Verse 12 The Babylonian captivity mentioned

Zerubabbel built the temple in 536BC, that's mentioned throughout the book of Zechariah, Joshua was the high priest of this temple

9 The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fulfilment of OT prophecies does not upset me. What upsets me is the misunderstanding that so called experts want to convey which is misleading.

Goodbye
Jay the misunderstanding is you trying to push the temple seen in Zechariah as some future event and temple, this is 100% "False", the book surrounds the Babylonian captivity and those returning to build the temple

Zerubabbel built the temple and finished it in 536BC, Joshua was the high priest, events that took place "Long Ago" fulfilled

Just as many falsely teach Ezekiel chapters 40-46 represents a future temple "False" it's the very same temple that Zerubabbel built in 536BC fulfilled, the same temple seen in Haggai chapter 1

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jay the misunderstanding is you trying to push the temple seen in Zechariah as some future event and temple, this is 100% "False", the book surrounds the Babylonian captivity and those returning to build the temple

If you cannot understand what I have written and the fact that I have not spoken about the Second temple being built, then this conversation is pointless as you cannot be trusted with the truth in any form or way.

I apparently am not the only one who has experienced your twisting of what has been posted by others.

Goodbye

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WARNING TO CHRISTIAN BRETHREN:

Apostle Peter told 'us' to be mindful of the words spoken by God's Old Testament prophets...

2 Peter 3:1-2
3 This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance:
2 That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:
KJV

Some Bible study tools for The New Testament will show the many, many quotes taken directly from the Old Testament Books, revealing events first prophesied in the Old Testament Books having been fulfilled by The New Covenant and witnessed in The New Testament Books.

However, not ALL... Old Testament prophecies have come to pass yet today. They cover prophecy for today and all the way up to the time of Lord Jesus' future return, and even thereafter, and into God's new heavens and a new earth timing (i.e., His Eternity future).

And one thing is for SURE -- THERE ARE NO DISAGREEMENTS BETWEEN OLD TESTAMENT SCRIPTURE AND NEW TESTAMENT WITNESSED SCRIPTURE. THOSE WHO TRY TO CREATE THAT THEORY ARE TELLING LIES AGAINST THE VERY WORD OF GOD.