If this is all christianty has

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You would not know if any man was , because you shoved God into a box, and nailed down the lid, and wont let Him out. You are demanding like so many that men live by "your"standard, and that is the one you yourself will be judged by.

I am the way the truth and the Life no man shall come to the father except by Me,

Joh 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.
Friend, I have come to Christ and I say to you verily that I have a living relationship with Him through His word.

God is verily Jesus Christ; whether you think that puts Him in a box or not.

That is the bottom line.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the Lord would have us be closed-minded to the lies of the enemy. One can be presenting a false version of Jesus and when that is the case, we may very well put up with it. But in that there is a fear that, as the serpent deceived Eve with his subtilty, so we should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
I know that you really work hard here on this forum... but hard work alone will not win this race. We must be able to see where we are going and we must admit that alone, we cannot do this. We cannot see alone and we cannot finish the race alone.

You can go back to your Bible and your notes, or to whatever you have written, or to whatever is in your mind, and study some more. The study of a man, the efforts of a man... will result in that weariness of the flesh about which Solomon was inspired to write 3000 years ago. The only difference in the eyes of God between us and the men of Solomon's time could be or should be the Holy Spirit in us... IF we never quenched the Spirit. What do you believe closing your mind and heart are? I tell you these things, but I cannot open anyone else's closed heart. Even God cannot go against His own Word and force His Way into your heart. God gave each of us the dominion for our allotted period of time. He will knock to obtain entrance, but if we refuse to open the Door, He will let us go our own way... again, IMHO!

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Friend, I have come to Christ and I say to you verily that I have a living relationship with Him through His word.
How does one have a relationship with one whom you cannot hear or speak, reading the bible is no relationship with the one who is lives.

Act_17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Would you even put down that bible for a moment and ask Him or is he not faithful in that He will ansewr you, or is it that you may hear His voice??. That quiet still voice that is drowned out by mens thinking and the devil who is so loud.

Reactions: amadeus

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its no wonder so few wil be at His wedding, and He has to send the workers to the hi ways and bi ways, because "christianity"has lost its first love, and now I can too understand why He said, when I come will I find faith upon the earth, bit like looking for a needle in the Mariana Trench.

Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
Mat 11:17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.

Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

so many wide ways...
But Jesus said MANY shall come from the east and the west and sit at table with Abe, Ike and Jake ... He said His Father's house will be FULL.

John the revelator says he saw a great multitude which no man could number.

When Peter asked the Lord "will few be saved" Jesus did not say "yep, 'fraid so Pete" He said in effect "that is not your concern, your concern is to enter in at the narrow gate"

If we will come to the Lord aright [the narrow gate] He can use us to save others. He saved John Wesley and John Wesley went straight down from the narrow gate to the gate which is wide where folks were striving to get in. Untold multitudes were saved through John Wesley.

Whatever condition the church is in, and there are some good ministries out there, people are still getting saved. The Lord is still working.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But Jesus said MANY shall come from the east and the west and sit at table with Abe, Ike and Jake ... He said His Father's house will be FULL.

John the revelator says he saw a great multitude which no man could number.

When Peter asked the Lord "will few be saved" Jesus did not say "yep, 'fraid so Pete" He said in effect "that is not your concern, your concern is to enter in at the narrow gate"

If we will come to the Lord aright [the narrow gate] He can use us to save others. He saved John Wesley and John Wesley went straight down from the narrow gate to the gate which is wide where folks were striving to get in. Untold multitudes were saved through John Wesley.

Whatever condition the church is in, and there are some good ministries out there, people are still getting saved. The Lord is still working.
Yes but even that time will come to an end, but for those at His wedding, only those who made themselves ready in Him, has nothing to do with salvation. And so they will go to the high ways and bi ways, because many still refuse Him, where not talking about the unsaved here

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does one have a relationship with one whom you cannot hear or speak, reading the bible is no relationship with the one who is lives.

Act_17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

Would you even put down that bible for a moment and ask Him or is he not faithful in that He will answer <fify> you, or is it that you may hear His voice??. That quiet still voice that is drowned out by mens thinking and the devil who is so loud.

I believe that the Lord may have indeed spoken to me on occasion; but I do find that the devil is louder than the Lord and does bring about interference when I am trying to hear Him.

Then, the voice of the devil and the voice of the Lord do not sound any different to my mind. It is that when the Lord speaks, he speaks the truth of His word to my mind.

That is why I test everything that I hear by the word of the Lord. Because at any given moment when I am hearing a voice, that voice may be the Lord or it may be a devil. And the only way to discern between the two different kinds of voices is to test them by the word.

So, I believe that the Lord speaks directly to me when I am in the middle of reading His word. So I do not need a voice in my mind to tell me doctrines of devils (see 1 Timothy 4:1-2) and lead me astray down a path that leads to nowhere (more accurately, to hell).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And the only way to discern between the two different kinds of voices is to test them by the word.
Really and yet this forum is fill over debates over the bible and what is says.. do you know what would happen if you took a giant redwood, and put it into a 4"flower pot. it will remain a dwarf and stunted, but that is what you have done, every time HE tries to speak to you, the bible goes up between Him and you, and you shut Him out, bit like having a partner saying, come lets spend some time together, but your face is buried in a book. He never said it would be easy, but if you forever put that book before Him HE will forever be hidden from you.

You have to choose, Him who is your husband or a book... Him who is your life, and that which has none...

Reactions: amadeus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really and yet this forum is fill over debates over the bible and what is says.. do you know what would happen if you took a giant redwood, and put it into a 4"flower pot. it will remain a dwarf and stunted, but that is what you have done, every time HE tries to speak to you, the bible goes up between Him and you, and you shut Him out, bit like having a partner saying, come lets spend some time together, but your face is buried in a book. He never said it would be easy, but if you forever put that book before Him HE will forever be hidden from you.

You have to choose, Him who is your husband or a book... Him who is your life, and that which has none...
Do what you do and listen to a voice that will tell me that Jesus isn't God?

No, thank you.

For I know based on the authority of the word that believing in the Deity of Jesus is essential to salvation.

The reason why not everyone comes to the same conclusion is because some have hardened hearts.

But the testimony is there.

The Spirit speaks through certain authors and their logic is impeccable and cannot be refuted.

I know that I continue to learn from the posts of others; and where the Bible contradicts what some might say, I have faith that others will bring to bear what the Bible has to say on that discussion.

The scriptures are they which testify of Christ. How is it that you do not accept all of their testimony concerning Him?

Can you not see that in rejecting some of their testimony, you reject the fulness of what Christ says about Himself and what is said about Him by the apostles?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its no wonder so few wil be at His wedding, and He has to send the workers to the hi ways and bi ways, because "christianity"has lost its first love, and now I can too understand why He said, when I come will I find faith upon the earth, bit like looking for a needle in the Mariana Trench.

Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,
Mat 11:17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.

Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
Luk 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
Luk 13:26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
Luk 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

so many wide ways...
Christianity hasn’t lost anything. Many will not choose God’s provision for salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, but Christianity is as strong as it was when the apostles received the Holy Spirit.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christianity hasn’t lost anything. Many will not choose God’s provision for salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, but Christianity is as strong as it was when the apostles received the Holy Spirit.

Rev_2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

you would be surprised if you where willing to look.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For I know based on the authority of the word that believing in the Deity of Jesus is essential to salvation.
It doesnt say that and it has no authority that is what " You:"have given it , just like all the religious people on here reading it and distorting it to suit their truht, all the thousands of religions in the is world are based upon that very same book to which they too gave authority, are they than wrong since it is the very same bible, and just like you, missed the whole picture. All you have done and continue to do is put your Idol before Him who is the truth, and since you made the biblle your truth and not Him you will forever walk around blind. That is your choice, not His,

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

will you never put it down and run to Him so you can have life.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Can you not see that in rejecting some of their testimony, you reject the fulness of what Christ says about Himself and what is said about Him by the apostles?
Like this bit,

Joh_20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Jesus asked us to follow Him not a book, religion or men.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev_2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

you would be surprised if you where willing to look.
Jesus is talking to one church group in that scripture. It’s true that the love of many will grow cold in the End Times, but Christianity itself will not lose anything as you have said. Perhaps you are talking about Christians and not Christianity.

Gideons300

Nov 3, 2020
Maryville, Tn.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And again, Jesus wept! Most people, yes those also within "Christendom", today clinging to their other loves are too busy in them to cry with Jesus: Help us dear Lord!
Lately, my dear brother and long-time forum friend, that seems to be what is on my heart. Have mercy upon us dear Lord and light the oil that we who are yours possess.

Let us see that unless we are giving off light to the lost in the world, we are simply religious obstacles keeping them from God. How content we as a whole are to simply have our names written in the Lamb's book of life, when God is after making us more than conquerors.

These shakings are going to increase until our eyes re-focus on abiding in Him as our great reward, not just making Heaven. God will have a people for a praise, but the demographics of said people is going to see significant alterations in the next few years.

Now is not the time to get more earthly-minded but less, for where our treasure is, there also is found our heart.

I love you, dear brother

Gids

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is talking to one church group in that scripture. It’s true that the love of many will grow cold in the End Times, but Christianity itself will not lose anything as you have said. Perhaps you are talking about Christians and not Christianity.
It has just read this forum, christainty is made up those who cal them selves christians, wheter they are or not.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
will you never put it down and run to Him so you can have life.

You haven't put down your Bible (you quote it from time to time), why should I?

What makes you think that you have come to Christ? For you have not completely put down your Bible!

I have Christ dwelling in my heart; no matter how often you try to disparage that fact.

He said that He would come in if I asked Him (Revelation 3:20); and I asked Him, and He came in.

His Spirit bears witness with my spirit that I am a child of His.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Don't be absurd.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto you, That you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Really have you looked at this forum. What has religion and mens churches to do with Him