If You Could Rewind Your Life,..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And fix some of the mistakes you made, would you? I think I would, but I would be very careful not to make even bigger mistakes on top of them.

Heavens... I honestly think I'd be afraid to live my life again. I'm just happy I made it this far.

My focus is still on serving the Lord... I do think I would have avoided a few relationships, however. One in particular that tied my life up for 13 years. That was a dummy move.

But part of me really doesn't like thinking about this question, cuz I don't like thinking about going backwards. I just wanna go home, so I keep looking straight ahead, LoL.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I could rewind my life I would ask for a different assignment, this human stuff stinks

Reactions: WaterSong

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well there's that silver thing...and Microsoft thing.

Then there's a few other things I would do different too...
People I would ignore and others I would befriend.
Because not everyone who tells you what you want to hear is your friend, and those you argue with might just be trying to help. And when you are young it's difficult to tell the difference. Adults lie and obfuscate the truth way too much... teaching kids to do the same.
Some places I would run to...and others I would run from.
And to those on the outside looking in...it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I don't see the point in this since we can't rewind our life anyway. We only get one chance/life. And even if we could be perfect from this moment on some things are too late and impossible to fix now and forever lost.

I made some mistakes which I'd change if I could go back and if I were able to in the same difficult situation. But many wrongs done to me by the regime and others I couldn't change.

Not putting full enough faith in God was one mistake. Or maybe it was a mistake wasting years trying to since he has never answered yet.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And fix some of the mistakes you made, would you? I think I would, but I would be very careful not to make even bigger mistakes on top of them.
There is a Christian fiction author, Karen Kingsbury, that I wish wrote back when I was a teenager. I've read all her books and they are great, especially for our youth to help them make right choices.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know now to acknowledge Him in ALL my ways! Amen! And to have known Him at a much earlier age :)

Agreed.

Well there's that silver thing...and Microsoft thing.

Then there's a few other things I would do different too...
People I would ignore and others I would befriend.
Because not everyone who tells you what you want to hear is your friend, and those you argue with might just be trying to help. And when you are young it's difficult to tell the difference. Adults lie and obfuscate the truth way too much... teaching kids to do the same.
Some places I would run to...and others I would run from.
And to those on the outside looking in...it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.

Or then there's some people that you trusted for years until they stabbed you in the back and started spreading lies and gossip about you even though they claimed to be Christians and were promoting things on their website,.. oops maybe I said too much and no guys I'm not talking about this website it was a different Christian forum that shall not be named.

what would you say has been your biggest mistake?

I don't know. I was a bully and boarding along the lines of criminal when I was a teenager so I can't really narrow it down to one mistake. I just never got charged that's why I was never actually arrested. I am definitely still ashamed of myself though even though I have been forgiven.

Reactions: WaterSong and Nancy