If You Died Yesterday, Where Would Your Soul Be Today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DavidTaylor

Sep 4, 2022
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14
1“Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God believe also in me.
2In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?
3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.

My Jesus is not in the grave.
And if Jesus isn’t in the grave, neither are his children who have come to him.

“Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:14

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And if Jesus isn’t in the grave, neither are his children who have come to him.

“Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:14
The Scriptures say Jesus is the first born out from among the dead. It does not say anything about anyone else who died.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah, I remember "evangelism classes" where one of the conversation starters they taught us was to come up to a stranger (or even a friend) and ask, "If you were to die tonight, where would you go?" That approach always struck me as being a little contrived or dishonest. And I dislike trying to leverage fear to get the outcome you wanted. I don't see the great evangelist Paul using that approach anywhere in Acts or his letters.

But, one of my lab techs was a big Jimmy Buffet fan, so I thought about getting a t-shirt made that said,

"If the volcano were to blow tonight, do you know where you're a-gonna go?"

A mate says that. If you were to die tonight where would you go ? Heaven or Hell !
I say Purgatory !
Why ? well because Jesus did not go directly to Heaven but for on the 3rd day in fact !

But if one is not truly born again, well then one is going to Purgatory or Hell ? Some may not deserve Hell ? so Purgatory would do ! why well the worthy Jews went to Purgatory until Jesus came for them !

But if one is truly born again well then you will got to Purgatory for at least 3 days and then God willing into Heaven, it may be a position within Heaven ? but one should aspire to be to of just crept through the Gates ?
You know we aspire to look up to the Saints ?

That mate i mentioned is always aspiring at the lowest denominator level of getting into Heaven ? he looks up to that ! because he has no strength or virtue and loves the free ride aspect, that he need do nothing ! No will power at all, so he will Sin on the spot with no regard ? because he demands that he will be going to Heaven regardless, even if he killed people with no regard or was a mass killer of people down the street for no reason at all ? Much like Islam ? because he is one type of Fundamentalist = the same sort of fundamentalism as Islam is coming from ! Insanity ! and self rightious religious brainwashing load of crap ! Evil !

Such lacks Gods Grace in fact ! for it's a worldly religious works trip that he is truly coming from.
For he does not know Christ Jesus at all in fact ! for he is only looking for the 2ed coming ?
This is what he is all about ! for he knows not Christ Jesus in fact ! for he is seeking him, but lives a lie ! gutless as they come !
He does not have Christ Jesus within him at all ! for he has not Grace !
He bangs on about the Jews like a total moron idolising them like a total brainwashed fool ! They can never do no wrong ! Regardless ! That's pure Evil ! Not even God looked on the Jews in that light in fact !
For they had to abide in God in fact ! and if not then, history proves they fell ! if they abide then they became worthy of God in fact !

But their is Evil and much rotten within every Church denomination the is working away like a cancer, The same was of the history Jews !

Do you Abide or not to abide is the question !
If one does not abide, then you do not love your fellow Man ? as God so loved, as Jesus pointed out !
Killing people is not worthy of Christ Jesus at all. in fact Jesus pointed to such people regarding who they were in fact ! They are the children of the Devil for he was a Murderer and a lies from the beginning ! That's what happened to the Jews, they crept in and undermined Israel !