If you don't Believe and like Prosperity you won't like Heaven.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
would it not be injustice to punish vice and not to reward virtue?

“A good deed has God for its debtor Prov. 19:17 just as also an evil one; for a judge is the rewarder in every case Rom. 13:3–4

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Proverbs 30:8-9

First, help me never to tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?” And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you don't Believe and like Prosperity you won't like Heaven. No single wide trailers there. God won't give you what you refuse to receive. Your power in in your saying and believing and God loves to bless His family!
God says my people perish for lack of knowledge. Do you choose to accept or reject the blessings and gifts of God?? Your choice!
Wow. So God's all about making you rich.

That'll attract a lotta worldly followers.

Great teaching for the modern mainstream church business.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

First, help me never to tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the Lord?” And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.

We are members of Christ in his grace and filled with his spirit!

1 Corinthians 12:26
And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

1 Peter 4:13
But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Religion is what man owes to God for having created him in His image and likeness!

To Christ for having redeemed him in His own blood!

to the Holy Spirit for sanctifying him in the sacraments of holy mother church!

it only Christ by His grace (merits of His blood passion and death) that we are enabled and empowered to actually be holy and righteous and all our actions

if we live by the spirit we put to death the deeds of the flesh

my grace is sufficient for you!

Phil 4:13 I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

Jn 15:5 apart from me you can do nothing!

our participation is required

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Colossians 1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind (lacking) of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, (redemption) and purify unto himself a peculiar people, (justification / baptism notice purify / wash) zealous of good works. (Sanctification)

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
Wow. So God's all about making you rich.

That'll attract a lotta worldly followers.

Great teaching for the modern mainstream church business.

yeah, if you want to see godly men you can find them on wall street. Lay and Skilling of Enron must be saints.

Reactions: GEN2REV

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is why ....
3 John 1:2
[2]Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

We need to be prospering our souls (in Christ and His Word). If we have our eyes in the right place ....seeking first the kingdom of God and His righteousness ....then prosperity is not an evil thing.

There were women in the NT who used their finances to support the spread of the Gospel and minister to the needs of the church. Money isn't evil. The love of money is (the root of all evil).

Reactions: Philip James

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yeah, if you want to see godly men you can find them on wall street. Lay and Skilling of Enron must be saints.

explain Matt 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
First, help me never to tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. For if I grow rich, I may deny You and say, "Who is the Lord:" And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God's holy name. - Proverbs 30:8-9
I was recently told that I wasn't healed due to my lack of faith. Then I was told that I wasn't healed because I didn't want to be.
I asked him to stop lying about me. I told him that he needed to repent, though I saw no evidence of it. We didn't talk again. I barely knew the guy.
I've been hearing this stuff for more than 30 years. It used to cause me much grief. I've come to despise the prosperity gospel. I find it to be toxic. I view it as evil. It destroys people's lives. It destroys people's families. It destroys people's faith.
I view it as the worst thing to happen to the church during my lifetime.
When twisted, the word can be a dangerous thing. Carbon monoxide is more easily absorbed by the body than oxygen.
I wish that people would stop trying to tell others, "how it is" and instead display some humility. For me, the know-it-all attitude degrades the quality of my online experience. I know I'm not alone. Instead...
"…2with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3and with diligence to preserve the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;…"
- Ephesians 4:2-4 - Shalom.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
First, help me never to tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. For if I grow rich, I may deny You and say, "Who is the Lord:" And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God's holy name. - Proverbs 30:8-9
I was recently told that I wasn't healed due to my lack of faith. Then I was told that I wasn't healed because I didn't want to be.
I asked him to stop lying about me. I told him that he needed to repent, though I saw no evidence of it. We didn't talk again. I barely knew the guy.
I've been hearing this stuff for more than 30 years. It used to cause me much grief. I've come to despise the prosperity gospel. I find it to be toxic. I view it as evil. It destroys people's lives. It destroys people's families. It destroys people's faith.
I view it as the worst thing to happen to the church during my lifetime.
When twisted, the word can be a dangerous thing. Carbon monoxide is more easily absorbed by the body than oxygen.
I wish that people would stop trying to tell others, "how it is" and instead display some humility. For me, the know-it-all attitude degrades the quality of my online experience. I know I'm not alone. Instead...
"…2with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3and with diligence to preserve the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;…"
- Ephesians 4:2-4 - Shalom.
@Truman Neither poverty nor riches; good quote there, indeed, from Proverbs....

Reactions: Truman and Josho

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

poor in spirit means our heart is not set on riches and goods but on God!

don’t let your possessions possess you!

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth

refers to God’s blessings

not a desire for money!

1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is the root ofall evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Matthew 6:24
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matt 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

poor in spirit means our heart is not set on riches and goods but on God!

don’t let your possessions possess you!

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth

refers to God’s blessings

not a desire for money!

1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is the root ofall evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Matthew 6:24
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
You need to send your note here to the Pope. o_O